Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The season 3 finale of Wilfred was hilariously crazy, can't wait for the last season!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

I just read that Surviving Jack was shitcanned. Did they really not do anything good with that? You'd think they'd get poo poo My Dad Says right the second time.

It wasn't amazing but still pretty watchable. It had it's moments, I thought. I pretty much love Christoper Meloni in anything though, so I might be a little biased.

Honestly I was a little bummed when it got cancelled, because I like to have a couple sitcoms to keep up with when I don't want to watch something "long". Not a lot of them make it past their first seasons anymore, it seems :(

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

5 years from now nobody will remember it like Nip/Tuck.

Nip/Tuck was terrific :colbert:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The best was when the son became a mime that robbed people :mmmhmm:

Also the replacement doctor that loved to gently caress furniture. Amazing television.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

zoux posted:

So now that The Killing is over and ignoring the marketing foofaraw, is it worth watching the whole thing?

Skip the first 2 seasons or just don't even bother, really.

edit: Catching up on the last couple episodes of Wilfred, I'm really disappointed they changed the actors for Bruce and Ryan's mother. Are Dwight Yoakam and Mary Steenburgen too good for FXX or something?

The Duke fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 4, 2014

The Duke
May 19, 2004

zoux posted:

Where do y'all watch that and I'll take no replies to mean you're all illegally downloading it, for shame.

Youtube has the first season, haven't seen the second season on there yet though.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

One particular flashback for Vinnie Jones' character in The Cape was so loving funny I will always love that show.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Speaking of purgatory that whole thing with the temple with the Japanese guy and the translator sure was a waste of time.

Hiroyuki Sanada has played an infuriatingly cryptic and withholding douche in like the last 5 things I've seen him in.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Slamhound posted:

Narrative closure is not the be-all and end-all of filmmaking. Utopia was nothing short of amazing on every level. Season 2 had a drop-off in it's last third, but it's still head and shoulders above virtually everything else. Missing out on Neil Haskell's performance, the soundtrack, the direction, and everything else because you think an American version is going to get something more "right" is insane. I'm seriously interested in what Fincher will do with it, but holy loving poo poo, people, watch the original. You'll be doing yourself a favor.

At the very least, watch the first season and assume it was self-contained.

Neil *Maskell is phenomenal in the first season of Utopia. I really don't know how Fincher is going to try and portray Arby in the US version but it'll be pretty hard to top.

edit: he could probably just hire him now that he's out of a job :sigh:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I will watch Peter Pan Live! specifically for Christopher Walken as Hook, he's going to be amazing.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Luther?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Jor-El: "Son, I don't want you going out there like some kind of MARTIAN MANHUNTER"

The Duke
May 19, 2004

gently caress yes, Evil Dead: The Series. I was actually watching the last 20 minutes of the 2013 remake last night and was wondering if there was anything going on in regards to the sequel to that and the proposed movie that would tie both universes together. This is amazing, I hope it's good. Also awesome that Bruce Campbell is going to be starring in a series in loving 2015.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

CaptainHollywood posted:

Just rewatched Frequency on the news that it's turning into a TV. Great little movie, but I don't think a TV show can stretch out that premise and keep it fresh for over 20 episodes.

They're making a Frequency series? That's one of my favorite underrated movies, Dennis Quaid and Jim Caviezel are great in it.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah, TV By The Numbers thinks the outlook is quite grim for it. Which blows as it's a pretty fun show, and I'd watch it even if it wasn't that good because Ken Marino and Casey Wilson are just great opposite each other. And also Gemberling, who's just always great.

Man, I'm thinking I should just stop watching sitcoms altogether. It always ends in heartbreak :(

The Duke
May 19, 2004

That's true. B-but Happy Endings and Better Off Ted and Don't Trust the Bitch :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

I think Chris Hardwick is a perfectly fine host for @midnight, but the times when he gets super awkwardly nerdy make me cringe like no other. Like when the first DLC for Bioshock: Infinite came out he practically orgasmed briefly mentioning it on the show.

edit: Also if they could get Michael Chiklis for the Luther remake I think that would turn out pretty drat watchable.

The Duke fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 19, 2014

• Locked thread