Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kanfy posted:

I love the time requirement for losing your newbie status in FF XIV, it's very MMOs.txt

You can also just manually remove it with a command, but I forget what it was because I haven't played FFXIV in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spikeguy posted:

The kills in the Friday the 13th game are appropriately brutal but I like the little touches that make them just feel mean. Like Jason takes you out and then for no reason steps off your face while walking off or gives you a shove to get off his weapon as if you are just a nuisance in his way.
Also, I like that Mark can jump a little higher than the other characters, it helps you get through the cave.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

jojoinnit posted:

I've never played this series. How literal is this description and why?
Quite literal. It's a weird series.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Abhorrence posted:

Nope that would be Metal Gear Solid 2, A game that is fairly unambiguous about how you, the player, are a loser.
This is false.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm just starting into Nier: Automata but my favorite thing is that 2B is voiced by the same VA who played the girl in those ludicrous Trapped flash games that Slowbeef made fun of a long time ago.
No way lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

And poor Dan McNeely is still languishing in obscurity. :sigh:
Balthier in FF12 sounds so similar I had to look it up to see if it was him. It's not.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

Tales from the borderlands is my favorite thing telltale has done, and I've played all of their episodic series, save for the Minecraft ones.
Like you I'm not a fan of the original games either, their writers did an excellent job with the source material.
Episode 4 is extremely good in ways I did not expect.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TGLT posted:

Coming off of Borderlands 2, that game was really a lot better than I was expecting.
It just proves how bad the writing in the main Borderlands series is, because they took that same setting and made it good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I've been wanting a sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance forever. I found out last week that they made one a decade ago. That's my favorite thing in gaming right now.
It's really good, too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I really want Square to bring back Amano concept art.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

I think he peaked with Lulu, who had a skirt made entirely of belts.
Peak Nomura are the Dirge of Cerberus designs, but luckily most people forgot that game exists.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

swamp waste posted:

i like that a lot for some reason.
Amano is legitimately a really good artist, all his poo poo looks extremely cool.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rodbeard posted:

Does he have bucklers on his elbows? Is he carrying several sideways pizzas in a messenger bag?
They're pizza pans on his elbows, and yes, he has pizzas in his bag. He is also carrying a large pizza cutter. Is name is Peter Pizzapie and he is the savior of Fantasyvania.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you beat the Gilgamesh game in under 12 hours, you leave the Excalibur II at the end of FF9.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VanSandman posted:

Her legs are twice as long as her torso.
The classic Longcat meme.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

um they probably do that because the game is an anime and the fans are scum not because of plagiarismman 5000's fetish
What did he plagiarize?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

He basically ripped off Powerman 5000's "When Worlds Collide" for the Sephirot's boss theme. Same style of singing, same melody, smiliar lyrics.

Still sounds good, though. Shame FFIV is dogshit to play.
Gosh, I'm shocked that one of the obsessive anti-anime weirdos misrepresented something.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Wolf among us was really good,even my mum who's only ever played one game in her life enjoyed watching it.Walking dead was good and I enjoyed it but apparently this finale sucks and they've glossed over any choices you've made? :[

I played one episode of the Batman Telltale and it was dogshit,just like no effort put into any presentation which really is a no no for me.

Content : I was playing dishonoured and during the end of the game when a certain place you call home gets raided I snuck upto my room and saw a guard pissing on my bed,i have no idea whether it was intentional or just a weird idle quirk or what but that fucker is getting turned into a crossbow porcupine.
Dishonored is full of little things like that. The world can be pretty bleak, but they try to breathe some life into it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If you steal poo poo during the party, the guests just go "nice job, everyone's doing it, my servant is smuggling silverware for me."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

The difficulty of the minigames increases as the game progresses and leveling up your hacking skill makes the difficulty level of the minigames lower, so if you put points in it as you then the difficulty stays more or less constant throughout the game. But if you want to skip it entirely you have to invest in a completely separate skill, Sabotage, to do so.
It's extremely worth it, because you don't have to get much sabotage to be able to carry around a massive number of EMPs - you can carry stacks of them in almost every slot, and later gear has tons of item slots. You don't have to put many points into sabotage to be walking around with 20 or 30 "skip minigame" buttons.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vic posted:

I'm playing the current Diablo 3 season where they introduced the Necromancer, and I love the feeling when you finally get that set gear bump and you go from getting by to like four torment levels up and completely obliterate everything in your path. This waller enchanted boss monster puts a wall around me and i'm like "You got this twisted I'm not locked in here with you. YOU'RE LOCKED IN HERE WITH ME!"
Now picture this from the outside: a man yelling this at his computer screen while clicking furiously.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leal posted:

Didn't we have someone say their favorite little thing about Pokemon Go was that it gave them a socially acceptable reason to go outside?
They used to only go outside to give drugs to children.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

samu3lk posted:

Arkham Knight was 15 dollars and I heard they finally fixed the PC version, so I got it.

The first time I parked the Batmobile at the police station, when I came out 3 or 4 cops were standing around it talking about how cool it is before they notice Batman and get embarrased. "Oops, he's back!"

I also got into a fight where Catwoman was helping me and you can do some sick combo moves when you have a helper.

Pretty fun game so far.
Hope you like the Batmobile as much as they did!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evilreaver posted:

Game strategies can't even call themselves "overpowered" ever since Morrowind's alchemy stacking ruined it for everyone
Alchemy was so intensely tedious to break that you were better off just editing your stats in the console.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

Bioshock was entirely about objectivist individualism falling apart in the face of transhumanism and then Bioshock 2 goes "oh yeah and uh there was a collectivist who was there the entire time and she was totally evil too and now she wants to use psychology and child murder to make everyone equal", it was just handled really poorly on almost every level. If nothing else it should make you appreciate Infinite choosing to focus on being a meta-commentary about Bioshock sequels and deconstructing the idea of constants and variables.
Also it's about how racism and wage slavery are equally as bad as rebelling against those things.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hobo By Design posted:

I started playing Dragon's Dogma. Having fun just getting lost. If you sneak up on a goblin, they'll startle and fall over backwards. Pretty good for a game with no real stealth system.
Dragon's Dogma is insanely good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TontoCorazon posted:

How is Pyre anyway?
It's good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If your villain doesn't look like he just grabbed everything in his closet and put it all on at once, don't even bother.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Western RPG bad guy (boring): Let me put on this helmet and black armor. Ah, I am ready to start my day.

JRPG bad guy (completely insane): Let me wear 200 rags in clashing patterns, a thong, and long beautiful hair. Ah, I am ready to defeat my own mortality by conquering fate.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

As much as people joke about Final Fantasy costume design, who remembers third edition Dungeons and Dragons?

Half a shirt, half a pair of pants, and one shoe. And heels.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Booting up Prey and I found it quite neat you can be a dude or lady dude. Doesn't seem to influence anything beyond pain grunts either, which is even neater.
It's insane to me that more games, especially FPS, don't do this. Just hire another voice actor for your largely-silent invisible murder machine.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cythereal posted:

That's Pathfinder, and yes it's stupid as well.
No, it's 3e D&D. Pathfinder's sorcerer is the naked woman who just wears floating ribbons.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

Because nobody has any loving clue what the Moletown racism thing is even referring to!
The stereotypical hillbilly accent, which is what the moles do, overlaps with old stereotypes about how southern black people talk. Also I think people get it confused with the moles from Redwall.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's one of those things that only seems racist until you think about it for more than ten seconds.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hattie Masters posted:

Adding on to the Pyre love, although in a far less meaningful way.

One of the characters, The Stowaway, doesn't have a set name. Instead, you get to "guess" it, from a selection. Her name is said to rhyme with Grey, and so all the names end with "ae", with each name having a tool-tip that makes some sort of comment. Most of them just kinda go "That sure is a name" but the last one just says "That can't be right, can it?"

The name in question?

Bae
If you don't pick it, you're insane.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Flunchy posted:

requesting name change pls mods
You want to be named "a pair of?"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Careful, Snake. This joke is old. It might not hold up.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

This is gibberish.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about accessibility, the design concept, which relates to whether your product can be used by the disabled. I think.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

also don't misgender me.
Your name is Johnson Cockslap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Man, someone needs to take anime plots and apply them to a bunch of ripped shirtless dudes drawn like Greek statues. From this thread, there's a ton of money to be made using anime but making sure that everyone looks like Mike Haggar at the least instead.
This is yaoi