Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
This will be the most hot-blooded LP ever. Watching Chip go full sentai will be fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Man I read up on the profiles in the 2nd post, some of the Wonderful Ones are messed up. Wonder Painter and Toilet specifically are really weird dudes.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
So a bit of a warning, watch out if you watch these vids on YT. My "recommended vids" after this fight filled up with spoiler boss fights left and right

Hello I am blind thanks friend. v

Highwang fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 11, 2014

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Some dumb things I noticed in the first vid:

Chewgi's power source is in his weird little head ornament.

You can totally see Unite Morph weapons you'll eventually get in Vorkken's mob.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I love how at the end, Wonder Kabuki rises up with the store sign like he summoned it from nothingness to help his allies.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I think the issue with Kamiya trying to make this a full Nintendo IP action game was that Nintendo already had that with Smash and their beatemup segment in Brawl, so they probably felt that would be awkward or redundant.

Though honestly, the result of everyone being toku as gently caress is much better.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

liquidypoo posted:

What does this poo poo even mean? Does it have to do with how tiny they all look?

Google "tokusatsu." Though I also believe it's been explained in detail in the thread as well.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I'm pretty drat sure those Worm guys in the boss fight were in DMC4 as well.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Oh hey I have some trivia for an enemy.

Hah-Gonay: I'm assuming they are playing with the word Hagane, which is japanese for Fullmetal. Hagane is also a balls-hard SNES game, this is why I know this.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

sgtsnookums posted:

So I just noticed, but Blue goes into Unlimited Form to fight Vijonne. I love the little touches in this game.

I'm also pretty sure the pose he did going into U-form is from Viewtiful Joe.

Edit: Also I just noticed Wonder PC's goatee is a power button. gently caress.

Highwang fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 4, 2014

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I don't think I've been seeing Chip use the Fist much lately. Is it because new morphs are out-damaging it or is it just coincidence?

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
If you're keeping track of sales Chip, chalk up one more purchase of a WiiU & W101. Grabbed them today.

I forgot to grab Unite Guts/Dodge after the prolouge. Did I gently caress up bad or could I even afford that?

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Heavy Sigh posted:

You could afford them, so You hosed Up.

Haha yeah, I got to those jeep things and thought "WAIT A GODDAMN MINUTE."

Time to restart~

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
So what exactly triggers the cutscene in the first Hah-gonay fight? I think I had to fart around for like 2-3 minutes before it would actually continue the fight.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Oh wow, I recently started the game and had no idea how to get to that closed off waterfall segment. That's insidious.

Oddly enough, no Wonderful Ones there. Seems like the perfect place to hide one.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I'm not sure how far Chip or anyone has discussed the Gethjerk files in the game, but I saw some and they're kinda messed up.

Mainly the Dough-Goo, which are apparently soldiers that are suspended in a fluid that totally liquefies them but preserves their consciousness and neural pathways. Dough-Goos are essentially sentient goo in power armor. Chew Dough-Goos are two milkshakes piloting one mech!

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Man, I pretty much missed EVERYTHING before the temple segments. That stuff is reasonable, but man they bank on you being so used to modern gaming trends so it makes you feel silly.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Man, Blue was so drat insufferable during Operation 005. They laid his stubbornness on really heavily.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Man the Gagoojin Shuffle is the goofiest poo poo ever.

Also, this felt really weird to get used to, mainly because I didn't play much of the game this chapter's boss was inspired from.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Oh goddammit.

The hammer in the shmup segment. I wish I knew! I used the hammer for general purpose, I didn't know it could do defensive stuff!

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
So neat little piece of trivia: whenever Green uses the super scope, depending on the angle you can see dudes crawling into the scope. Its easily noticable in 20-2 at about 11 minutes in. Its pretty great.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Fun Fact: The Shirogane Comet is actually the microwave satelite from Vanquish iirc. It has roughly the same design.

I'm pretty sure The arrival of the GEATH-STAR is a reference to Gunbuster as well, namely the arrival of their anti-matter bomb that weaponizes loving Jupiter

Also gotta say, really bitter about this level. One of three levels I got a consolation prize for.

Highwang fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Dec 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Yeah Chip wasn't kidding about not being able to stop. The moment Mission 8 started I pretty much marathon'd the game for 6 hours straight just to beat it.

The hype train just doesn't stop.

• Locked thread