Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robert Analog posted:

Since we're talking about R&B now too what's some good modern stuff. I really like Frank Ocean and to a lesser extent The Weeknd, what's the next step from there?

Memories of you they start to fade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The beat/ song structure on that new A$AP Rocky is verrrry weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw

I dig it

temple posted:

Gambino Season
edit: The tape is solid. His flows are solid.

Late Night in Kauai ft Jaden Smith (DatPiff Exclusive)

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
go, why hesitate?

really wish RTJ wasn't playing so freaking close to Thanksgiving in Detroit :sigh:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Danny b at the Detroit RTJ show. Ah yeah

would recommend. great show, exhausted and sweaty as hell

bef fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 26, 2014

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robert Analog posted:

I read the lists I slept on unknown memory and open mike eagle and have since fixed that because I saw them on lists.

unknown memory good??

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
up like donALD TRUMP, UP

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

im gay posted:

Korean/Japanese OG Maco, dope or nah? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPC9erC5WqU

I like it more than OG Maco.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

that guy is korean though

language is only a tool for expression

Robert Analog posted:

Does anyone have any strong feelings on the new exquire tapes? I listened to merry ex-mas a few times, it's uneven and has some bullshit samples at the beginning of half the songs that last 30-60 seconds. I see more and more artists make terrible formatting choices like this, it drags the whole thing down. Sometimes the raps are good but the production is not very fun to listen to.

I'm guessing these are throw away tracks from whatever the proper follow up to kismet is? I haven't had a chance to listen to the other one yet.

clearly not his best works but some exquire is better than none at all. also lol @ twilight zone samples

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

HorseRenoir posted:

I'm kinda conflicted about the new Kendrick. It bangs and it's great on a musical level, but I'm super tired of Kendrick's "institutional racism is bad, but black-on-black crime exists so I guess we all have something to learn :smug:" holier-than-thou bullshit. I'm not looking forward to a whole album of respectability politics raps.

Would you care to throw in a counter-argument

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

spoils posted:

New pretty flacko asap rocky asap mobb rip asap yams rip pimp c rip weezy wow Kanye at the Grammys wow Iggy haha look at that lame donglover haha nerdy white guy Vice haha cultural appropriation wow kendrick is king kendrick is racist kendrick is misunderstood alansmithee temple #snoopdoggmemes solange young thug is gay haha migos is gay hahah drake is soft ahahah weezy is gay wow kanye doesnt like beck??! oh ok its ok if its ironic racism but alansmithee says hes black and being black is good ok and rip spark master T and is SMT kai da skaiwalker? and is kevin gates gay/incestuous and haha yeezy being yeezy its 2015 and we're still Trayvon Martin Ferguson, cmon man. I wish Cool bUff man would acknowledge me i wish i could post links with no descriptions i wish i was allowed to like conscience rap oh wow more hood rap more sambo uncle tom jay z sold crack weezy kkkissed birdman haha ironic beyonce illuminati wow chance has an annoying voice no dude chance is good as hell N-N-N-N-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA wow RTJ is the best album of the year wow RTJ2 is the best album of the year wow RTJ2 sucks big dick wow zdlr doesn't belong on a hiphop track in 2014 wow holier than thou bullshit conscience rap im black so its ok im gay so its ok im white so its both ok and not ok macklemore and ryan lewis rock! macklemore is appropriating thrift shops and MLK day and black history month and Cyhi da prince and Childish on a track with iggy?.?/ no way cooking crack with the white guy with glasses and haha gucci mane is the realest in the game and wow hip hop is serious and wow hip hop is just fun and wow cannibal ox and haha rap not hip hop and ok guys seriously this is trap not hip hop not atlanta not chief keef mumbling over a trap beat with strippers and dirtbikes in the music videos... i thought only white guys rode dirtbikes but black guys can too and i wish it was 2025 and we were all one race and bobby schmurda was dead

http://flackojodyeseason.tumblr.com/

This is what Hip-hop is all about

thathonkey posted:

the best poster that is unfortunately no longer with us though is still that dude called bstyles I think it was?

Hell yeah. A real humble dude

bef fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 12, 2015

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

kevin mung posted:

wait restart that post, monster is the consistently best thing hes ever done. it was real good.

Yeah, Future and metro boomin go hand in hand

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
We gon be alright

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

lmao

HorseRenoir posted:

New Metro Boomin and Young Thug and Travis Scott http://hotdailymusic.com/index.php?a=track&id=21

really what is appealing about Travis Scott or even Vic Mensa for that matter

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Budget Prefuse posted:

genuinely confused as to why you don't get why people like vic mensa unless you've only heard u mad or something. i think the "chance the rapper but more focused" style of innanetape or disclosure house style of his newer work both appeal to tons of people

yeah thats pretty much it. i heard the kanye banger and didn't see much besides a hype dude, ill take a listen

been listening to the YTMLF tape and OMG is lol...ahhh young thug

bef fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 13, 2015

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Literally all but 2 songs

Excellent. Monster had the coolest beats

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's getting a lot more replays than I ever expected it to

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

40 lbs to freedom posted:

juicy j releases a loving fire mixtape

yes he did

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I remembered why I didn't ever follow up on Future: I hated gently caress Up Some Commas.

Monster mixtape is really good though

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
wow boomin' and southside..yes please

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rip, was just playing Da Devils Playground a couple nights ago.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Future : Monster 2 :worship:

Yesss omg

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crumbletron posted:

Maybe my bass system isn't good enough but Zaytoven beats always lack punch and sound bare, and not in a good way

sometimes he makes one of his simple beats and its really on point but most of the time its not and just lacks everything. Metro on the other hand..

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

HoneyBoy posted:

rap game Richard D James

Lol

I'm ok w/ Boomin belittling thugs performance this year so he can hopefully up his game on those godly beats

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yess I've been in a gucci haze the past couple weeks. The trap god tapes own as well as his latest ones...great work music imo

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

an skeleton posted:

I like Drake's DS2 verse quite a bit. "I'm self-made, selfish with my women, self-employed..." sounds cool to me. To each their own I guess.

I like when he rolls his eyes in the music video

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Really liked past 2 curry albums, shaping up to be more of the same. Dudes got skills

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robert Analog posted:

Any opinions on $uicideboy$? I heard this song and liked it, they have a similar aesthetic to BONES.

Old 3 6 killa vibes/boneslike. They got good stuff to work to on bandcamp

All their albums are pretty short so just put 1 on and ride a groove

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
On that snail poo poo

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why wouldn't you? I'd live there too if i had the $$$. all the other suburbs around detroit are pretty working class and anyone that lives in this area would definitely prefer there and Novi. Deserted houses + lovely infrastructure just makes it a depressing area to live

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Only genderqueer transfemme rapper we acknowledge is Young Thug

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tremendous Taste posted:

I listen to every white rapper from spokane

It's known as spocompton tyvm

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

fuckin' hell. jealous

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dodecalypse posted:

did any of yall ever listen to latest young dolph tape King of Memphis? Its pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fk8CiBl09k

Dis and gucci mane bump alllll day

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Long Live Gucci

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Freddie Gibbs arrested in France for a Rape charge that happened in Austria months ago. he cancelled his Austrian shows because of the warrant but European union and all

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gucci and Thug in the studio on Guccis Instagram 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

yessss

gucci clone assumptions are utterly ridiculous i dont know how you even

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Denzel Curry interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFsUIups3Fs

looks like hes rising up...good for him. 32 zel and Imperial are extremely good, he deserves it

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

It's out now. Praise wop. Gonna listen to this all day tomorrow.

WHere do i buy!!!

gently caress it i can't wait. giving him some cash in 4 hrs

bef fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
hell yea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu13Mmfxctc

great album :worship: Gucci back. Zaytoven and Mike Will did awesome on this one. Love the bass on these tracks, sounds lush af on some good speakers