Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
It's basically a money pit that takes you from point A to point B, yet poors are always so proud of their lovely piece of metal that takes more money to feed than their entire family. Cars are not an asset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
ya poors and there ferrarys...

Miss Cheggs
Mar 22, 2007

i'm not really sure OP

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

yeah I agree that it's weird how people want expensive things they may not be able to afford

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Because people who have to work for something to own it take pride in their accomplishments versus someone who has everything fall into their lap. Isn't it obvious?

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

I like to drift OP

warderenator
Nov 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Because it's the only visible display of status and wealth that they are familiar with.

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

mookface posted:

Because people who have to work for something to own it take pride in their accomplishments versus someone who has everything fall into their lap. Isn't it obvious?

why is a car considered an accomplishment?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Straight trollin' white folks

Ghostride the Whip 4 - Ghostriding: http://youtu.be/8yuLtnA_dBk

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BlueChocolate posted:

If you come from poo poo and have ridden the bus for years buying and owning your own car is an accomplishment in some parts

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

BlueChocolate posted:

why is paying for something worth thousands of dollars seen as an accomplishment? gee, i dunno!!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Also go gently caress yourself OP I hope a poor man beats the poo poo out of your car and/or face.

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

Effectronica posted:

why is paying for something worth thousands of dollars seen as an accomplishment? gee, i dunno!!

you're paying thousands for something that depreciates in value extremely quickly

pretty dumb to me

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
because it's the only thing they have good taste in

if you see an awesome, mint condition 70's muscle car or early 60's roadster, it's probably owned and maintained by a republican who looks like guy fieri

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

Also go gently caress yourself OP I hope a poor man beats the poo poo out of your car and/or face.

oh waaah, waaah I don't care about your sob stories

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

have you tried to ride the bus to work instead of driving there? most public transit in the us is poo poo that can make a 20 minute drive take an hour and a half

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

BlueChocolate posted:

you're paying thousands for something that depreciates in value extremely quickly

pretty dumb to me

so's buying food, by that metric

u might want to stop that economically inefficient activity

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

*owns new escalade with spinner rims*
*kids sleep in sleeping bag on the floor and didnt get dinner today*

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

roboshit posted:

*also named their kids escalade, mercedes and porsche*

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BlueChocolate posted:

pretty dumb to me

You're an idiot or really bad at trolling

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

BlueChocolate posted:

oh waaah, waaah I don't care about your sob stories

"Why do poors care so much about cars?"

"I don't care about your sob stories"

I hope when you leave your house you feel very uncomfortable by every minority that passes you by.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

because for some people it's a hobby/fun toy that gives them actual entertainment and pride beyond going from point a to b? what kind of dipshit opinion is this op?

it's like asking why do people like motorcycles so much because you can't take home groceries on them

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 8, 2014

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Maybe it's because poor people often can't afford cars so when you drive a piece of poo poo mazda 85' camper and have to take the bus all the time it's pretty cool to drive a good car that owns bones.

Or maybe it's because poor people are retarded. I dunno, it has to be one or the other.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

roboshit posted:

*is 25*
*thinks a daily meth habit is awesome and cool*

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Smoking meth is cool and cars are cool also

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
I hope a spinner breaks off a poor's car and spins it's way right through op's loving ugly fat face.

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

poor people are always having opinions, its crazy

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The hood doesn't gently caress with spinners anymore you fatties.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
A car provides a sense of independent freedom. You don't have to rely on the system to go anywhere. You can go where you want when you want.

However, ritzy up priced cars? Those are cherished by assholes.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

fyodor posted:

yeah real gangsters and hood people ride bikes... or have rollerblades and do some sweet grinds while getting to the Loaf n' Jug to get some sweet frozen pizza dinner

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

fyodor posted:

Street level reporting right here, folks.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

When they came out with the cheapy ones they were popular for a second but everyone moved on to donks.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Guys, I heard poor people are wearing their jeans baggy and backwards. It'll make you jump jump!

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

Bloopsy posted:

I hope a spinner breaks off a poor's car and spins it's way right through op's loving ugly fat face.

you hurt my feelings

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

fyodor posted:

When they came out with the cheapy ones they were popular for a second but everyone moved on to donks.

I saw a car with spinners like two weeks ago so I guess that was one of the really poor poors.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bloopsy posted:

I saw a car with spinners like two weeks ago so I guess that was one of the really poor poors.

similar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_holdout

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

"Why do poors care so much about cars?"

"I don't care about your sob stories"

I hope when you leave your house you feel very uncomfortable by every minority that passes you by.

well i'm not racist so I don't assume that every minority is a poor

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

BlueChocolate posted:

a century of marketing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
I don't get why poors always drive old tan camrys, accords, buicks, etc when you can buy an e30 e28 e34 or 240sx or something like that for the same price, cost of maintanence, and similar fuel economy. You can buy one of the nicest looking sedans ever made for the same price of a 90s camry with hail damage. Oh wait, point A to B mentality.

• Locked thread