Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

:siren::siren::siren: What faction? :siren::siren::siren:
We are playing as German for this current war

:siren::siren::siren:New war started: join Julius :siren::siren::siren:

Communication?
We are using Camping The Stairs Mumble
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3521554
Join the Heroes and Generals channel under games.

Why Should I play this game?
It's free, Red Orchestra + World of Tanks + WW2 Online
The cash shop model is very reasonable, and is possible to play without spending a dime.
Combat is semi-realistic, soldiers are not bullet sponges.
Armor accounts for munition caliber and angle of deflection. Your small arms are not going to hurt anything heavier than an M2A2 or Pz1.
Infantry, Ground Vehicles, and Planes.
It's only a 1.2GB download.
What the hell are you waiting for?

:siren::siren::siren:
When looking at the cash shop to buy weapons, it looks expensive because you are skipping the progression. If you earn the weapon through the progression system you can buy it with earned credits.

Ok, where do I get it?
They just went into Open beta. you can get it from their official site here
http://www.heroesandgenerals.com/

Because it's open beta it's also on Steam under early access, note it's SEA only because of the open beta state.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/227940

Ok, tell me the specifics of the game now

ACTION (FPS)
Action Game is the normal First Person Shooter mode where players can take part either as Heroes in multiple dangerous missions, varying from assaults to ambush and assassinations.
Heroes must fight on the battlefield to achieve victory but in order to do such Generals will have to assist their loyal troops by sending supplies and reinforcements at the respective access points. The gameplay is influenced by arcade elements but realistic elements are still present such as weapon ballistics and advanced vehicle armor models
Game Modes
Assault:
The objective of he Assault mission is to capture the battlefield by capturing certain points on the map or by eliminating all defending forces. Only players who are members of the attacking Assault Team are able to join the assault mission.

Assault teams can spawn by using access points, they can be captured by the defenders. If the mission timer runs out the attack fails and the defenders win.
Defend:
The objective of the Defend mission is to keep the attackers from capturing certain capture points called the objectives on the map and/or eliminate all attacking forces.
The defenders can also win by driving the attackers off the map by capturing all access points held by the attackers. The defence missions are open for all players to join.
If the mission timer ends the defenders win by default by having stopped the attack.
Skirmish:
A skirmish mission is started whenever Assault Teams of opposite factions meet. This might happen when they are traveling on a supplyline in opposite directions (fig.1) or if one Assault Team moves to an accesspoint occupied by enemy Assault Team(s) (fig.2).
The Skirmish battle is fought between the Assault Teams until one faction runs out of resources.
Skirmish on a supplyline.

Skirmish on an accesspoint.

Support
Join an already in progress battle.

Soldiers
When any player joins a combat scenario, they will be put in an assault team based on the soldier initially selected. Battles can only be joined where there is an available character slot for the currently selected soldier. (For instance, if your active soldier is a Tank Crewman, you will only be able to join battles where assault teams have Tank Crew character slots, such as a Light Armor, that are still open.)
Infantry
Infantrymen are soldiers who are specifically trained for the role of fighting on foot to engage the enemy. As the oldest branch of combat arms, they are the backbone of every engagement.
Infantry soldiers are distinguished from men trained to fight using tanks or airplanes, but basic infantry skills are fundamental to the training of any soldier. Soldiers of any branch of the military are expected to serve in auxiliary roles (e.g., patrolling and security) when necessary. Infantry can access and maneuver in terrain inaccessible to most vehicles, including some tanks.

Guard, Motorized Guard, Infantry, Motorized Infantry, Mechanized Infantry, Anti Tank Infantry, Motorized Anti Tank Infantry

Airborn
Airborne assault teams are comprised of paratroopers. They are a light infantry group that deploy using transport planes from which they can jump into combat. Once paratroopers land behind enemy lines they operate as infantry until they reach an airfield where a friendly transport plane can retrieve them.

Paratrooper

Tank Crew
Armored units are capable of operating an array of tanks and tank destroyers. The crew is lightly armed, as they seldom leave the protection of their armored vehicles.

Light Armor, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor, Medium Tank Destroyer

Recon
Recon characters are the game's marksmen and snipers. These highly trained soldiers belong to specialized Reconnaissance Assault Teams.

Recon, Motorized Recon

Fighter Pilot
Currently, all Air Force units are considered fighter pilots. Fighter pilots are armed with handguns for self-defense in the event that he is forced to bail out.

Fighter Squadron

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
STRATEGY
The strategic game is an ongoing war, run on the war server. It's played within the Generals screen and it's not to be confused with the Action Game.
The war is won when one side reaches one of several victory conditions.
Starting a war
When the war starts, the assault teams are placed around their capital cities and all the cities in between are neutral.
The opening game
The period between when the war begins and first contact with the enemy is called the opening game. This is of high strategic importance as it is in this time that each team moves its forces into attacking (or defensive) positions, grabbing as much territory as possible in the process.
The war
The main period of the war is the mid-game, where the armies fight over cities and territories and try to accomplish one of the conditions that wins the war.
The end game
The end game is the last (and hopefully quick) period of the game where one side clearly has the upper hand and is almost sure to win. The supreme command on the losing team can decide to surrender and end the war.

Assault Team Transportation logic
All Assault Team(s) (henceforth abbreviated as AT or ATs) in the game follow simple rules while they are given the move command from battlefield A to battlefield B:

• There are 3 type of locations that an AT can be placed on.
    • Battlefield - these are represented in the action game map as the center spawn locations.
    • Access-point - these are represented in the action game map as the outermost spawn locations and are a child of the battlefield.
    • Supply-line - these are the roads that connect two access-points (by relation they also connect two battlefields).
  • All ATs are positioned on one of the above mentioned location types (except when ATs are flying).
  • AT movement speed is dependent on the AT type (paratroopers are slower than fighter squadrons), and whether its travelling on a friendly supply-line or not (they're slower on non-friendly supply-line).
  • Grounded ATs (like tanks, guards, etc.) always follow the supply-lines on the campaign map.
  • Supplies of any type travel exactly like grounded ATs, except that they cannot travel over neutral routes.
    Flying ATs take a direct route from source to the destination battlefield.
    • Upon arrival they evaluate if they can stay at the destination (paratroopers can always stay, fighter planes cannot stay if the destination is not an airfield or does not have an ongoing battle).
    • If they can stay at the destination, then an appropriate access-point is assigned to them.

Mission Types
If ATs of opposite factions meet on the map, then a conflict (battle) is automatically spawned (no buttons to attack/retreat will be visible) at that location. This conflict is always accompanied with an action game, whose type is dependent on the location type.
  • Skirmish - Mission created when ATs meet on an access-point or a supply-line (note: skirmish missions on supply-line are not implemented yet)
  • Assault/Defend - When ATs of different factions are positioned on access-points of the same battlefield (which do not have a skirmish mission on them)

Skirmish mission being triggered at access-point A

Assault/Defend mission being triggered at battlefield

Battle Resolution
    Once a battle has been created, its resolution is dependent on both the results of the action game as well as the strategy game.
    Manstein and older, AT assignment routine
    At the start of a battle, some ATs are assigned to the action game mission by following these steps
    • If currently allocated ATs to the action game do not full-fill 18 or more spawn slots, then pick an AT to be allocated:
      [list]
    • 75 % probability to pick the most represented AT type in the battle
    • 25 % probability to pick the least represented AT type in the battle
Newgarden Update, AT assignment routine
  • Some ATs arrive at an enemy location and start a mission.
  • All ATs on that battle location are assigned to the battle, but nothing would show up for the resolver, nor for the action game.
  • Then "Battle Reinforcements" starts ticking - this mechanic comes around every 120 seconds (or there-about) and assigns 1 AT per accesspoint per faction to the action game as well as the resolver (no planes are picked until 18 slots are picked).
  • The order of AT type to be picked will be by priority (Guard having lowest to Mech Infantry having highest):
    • Mechanized Infantry
    • Heavy Armor
    • Motorized Recon
    • Motorized Anti-Tank Infantry
    • Tank Destroyer
    • Paratroopers
    • Recon
    • Medium Armor
    • Motorized Infantry
    • Anti-Tank Infantry
    • Light Armor
    • Motorized Guard
    • Infantry
    • Guard
  • After this reinforcement, the next AT(s) will be added after the same 120 seconds period
  • These ticks would keep going on even after the 18 spawn-slot requirement has been met, but ATs will not be committed anymore.
  • The only exception being that if any extra planes are available, then they will be assigned to the action game (only 1 per tick) - the side effect of this rule is that planes should never show up in the auto-resolver.
  • An added feature is that each mission that hasn't been joined will be completely refreshed every 20 minutes, i.e. all ATs assigned to it will be removed and the same logic as above will run to assign new ATs to that mission.
These ATs allocated to the action game mission are the only ones which cannot be retreated (or moved away) until the mission has finished. All other ATs can be moved away by their owners, just like they would issue normal move commands to them (by select and drag).
Auto-Resolver
When an FPS mission does not have any players, an Auto-Resolver will simulate the battle between ATs which haven't been assigned to the action game (if any). Those that run out of resources during this simulation are Un-deployed immediately. In case there are no left over ATs for the Auto-Resolver to use, the Auto-Resolver will wait 30 minutes before resolving the action game ATs.
At any given moment, if only one faction has resources in the battle - the victory is given to that faction (along with control on that battlefield).
Action (FPS) game Mission
Whenever players have joined and are actually playing the action game, then the auto-resolver is switched off. If any of the ATs in the action game are low on resources (less than spawn slots on that AT), then a new AT is picked out and sent to action game by using the same logic as described in the section about battle resolution.
At the end of an action game, the winner of that match stays where they were and the losing ATs are Un-deployed. The winner also assumes control of that battlefield. However, if any other enemy teams were still present on the battlefield, then another mission is created and the process is repeated; this time, the winner of the previous action game is defending. This process goes on until there are only one faction's ATs left on the battlefield.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Arsenal
(This is not a complete list, a lot more has been added)

Infantry Weapons
Close Combat Weapons
Seitengewehr 98, Schanzzeug, 1219C2, M-1910, NR-40, MPL-50

Pistols
Walther P38, Colt M1911A1, TT-33

Rifles
Gewehr 43, Gewehr 43 Scoped, Karabiner 98 Kurz, Karabiner 98 Kurz Scoped, Springfield M1903A1, M1 Garand, Springfield M1903A1 Scoped, M1 Garand Scoped, M1 Carbine, Mosin-Nagant M91/30, SVT-40, Mosin-Nagant M91/30 Scoped, SVT-40 Scoped

Assault Rifles
STG44, FG42,

Sub-Machine Guns
MP40, MP34, M1A1 Thompson, M3, PPSh-41, PPS-43

Support Weapons
MG42, MG34, Panzerschreck RPzB 54, Browning M1919A4, Browning M1918A2, M1A1, DP-28, PTRS-41

Grenades & Mines
M24, S-Mine, Tellermine 42, Hafthohlladung H3.5, Mk II, No.74, M2A3, M1A1, RGD-33, RPG-6, PMK-40, TM-35

Vehicles

Airplanes
Lockheed P-38 Lightning, Douglas C47 Skytrain, Messerschmitt Bf 109 e-4, Junkers Ju 52/m/3
Armor
Light
Pz I, Pz(t38), Pz II, M2A2, M5A1 Stuart
Medium
M4 Sherman, Pz III J, Pz IV H
Heavy
Pz Tiger, Pz Tiger II, M26 Pershing
Tank Destroyer
Stuf III, Hetzer, M18 Hellcat
APC
SdKfz 250/3, M3 Half-Track, Puma
Light Transport
Motorcycle 42WLA, Willys MB, R75, Kubelwagen, Bicycle

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

So which side you guys are playing?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Bleusilences posted:

So which side you guys are playing?

German, says so right in the op :D

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
quote not edit.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I just started playing but it's pretty awesome. Jump on Mumble and play goons!

Edit: Don't use ammo. It's absurdly expensive to refill.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 13, 2014

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Great OP and great game. Highly recommend Battlefield burnouts give it a try, it's a change of pace from the usual arcade shooters.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Is this game any good yet? I played it when the beta started and I might as well have been playing Day of Defeat.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is this game any good yet? I played it when the beta started and I might as well have been playing Day of Defeat.

Seems pretty drat good to us. Also first impressions with just the skirmish mode may have given it a bad light, grouping in squads and going to war is pretty drat fun though.

Mushball
May 23, 2012
A friend of mine convinced me to download this on steam and I have to say as americans, there is still absolutely no anti-armor coming from other tanks or hand held AT like bazookas or stickybombs at all in battles with stugs/panzer 4s when I tried the beta. I guess all the would be tankers are playing germany so they can get their hands on a tiger so german armor just sort of runs rampant against the hapless american infantrymen who don't have stickys.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

afkmacro posted:

Great OP and great game. Highly recommend Battlefield burnouts give it a try, it's a change of pace from the usual arcade shooters.

Can you expand on why you feel BF burnouts would enjoy this? Trying this out just made me what to play BF4 instead, as it came off as F2P WW2 BF.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Captain Beans posted:

Can you expand on why you feel BF burnouts would enjoy this? Trying this out just made me what to play BF4 instead, as it came off as F2P WW2 BF.

I feel like it's a bit more tactical; precise aiming is rewarded as well as positioning. It has that old school shooter feeling kind of like RO but without the sperglord'ism that goes overboard with bullet and gun physics.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Mushball posted:

A friend of mine convinced me to download this on steam and I have to say as americans, there is still absolutely no anti-armor coming from other tanks or hand held AT like bazookas or stickybombs at all in battles with stugs/panzer 4s when I tried the beta. I guess all the would be tankers are playing germany so they can get their hands on a tiger so german armor just sort of runs rampant against the hapless american infantrymen who don't have stickys.

I feel like if there's one reason to pay a tenner to start off with is so you can buy a panzershreck or bazooka to start off with. There's never enough AT on the field.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
I played this a while ago and had a blast. The strategic component means that individual matches play differently every time, and winning matches has long term effects.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Do the battles ever get any bigger than what they are at the start? This is neat, but I don't see how tanks and such would work with such limited numbers. Never mind airplanes on the maps i'm seeing.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
The maps are large, and the respawn is short, there is never a lack of targets. The team sizes are 18 vs 18 right now, not sure if they plan to increase it.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

The gunplay is pretty good for a F2P. Played for an hour and a half and only got to play on the forest map over and over again. You make such a small amount of money on each game(compared to the cost of guns and ammo) even going 15/2. I must be playing it wrong. Made me wanna play some RO though.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
This was pretty fun. After a rocky stark, I got pretty good at assaulting with a machine gun. I am still pretty bad at 'staying alive' but I managed to get the top kills twice.

I can't wait to get a tank, but it feels like it is going to take forever to even get a motorbike.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Fun game but a F2P is a bit of a misnomer. To do anything relevant (AT, Sniper, MG) you need to drop at least 20 bux. It is very fun when you have a half-intelligent commander & team.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hal_2005 posted:

Fun game but a F2P is a bit of a misnomer. To do anything relevant (AT, Sniper, MG) you need to drop at least 20 bux. It is very fun when you have a half-intelligent commander & team.

You can unlock those ranks by playing.

Game's pretty cool, the grinding is really overwhelming and the lack of AT capacity is more than annoying. I think the game shines on infantry vs infantry games because of that.

And also the flight models are absolutely retarded.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Is this the new BF42?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Are the US forces still getting overrun on a regular basis thanks to german human wave tactics that just can throw 10 times the numbers at the US teams cause most people play germans and invest heavily into those deployable assault teams? This game was hilariously one-sided during earlier beta rounds with germans sometimes bringing more tanks into a battle than the US was able to field infantry.

Edit:
Not as bad as it used to be, the teams are almost balanced in terms of player count, the germans probably still have the larger number of assault teams (the stuff generals push around the map) and equipment thanks to them dominating the game for most of its existance.

Anyway, you will find me on the US side as I'm always choosing my side depending on the player count and I've yet to see a round where there are less germans. IGN is Feindfeuer, rocking an infantry dude and a tanker charakter, two light tank assault teams, two infantry assault teams and a fighter wing, sending those towards the frontline right now.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 14, 2014

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I'm already in as the US. :(

That being said, any game where you can have a shovel duel with a Nazi and later blow up his bicycle with a rocket launcher is worth further play.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

DatonKallandor posted:

I feel like if there's one reason to pay a tenner to start off with is so you can buy a panzershreck or bazooka to start off with. There's never enough AT on the field.

You can now put AT weapons (or munition) on the back of your vehicles, I always bring those if I deploy a vehicle so the poor infantry dudes can fire those tiny rockets at the mean, evil nazi tanks. :unsmith:

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

What are the kinds of things for sale on the cash shop?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Pretty much everything that can be aquired with grind, the only thing cash exclusive are weapon/unit skins and warbonds.

Edit: And the premium account status, which gives you more xp/money income and allows you to equip a second passive perk.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Fairly fun game. Is there something I'm missing with MGs though, specifically some kind of "deploy bipod" button? Even going prone causes the gun to jump like crazy after firing even a couple bullets, making the thing essentially worthless.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Lampsacus posted:

Is this the new BF42?

BF 1942 is actually quiet the good comparison, '42 was also rather deadly when you could manage to hit people with your bolt action rifle but also needed quiet a few hits to take someone out with body/leg/arm shots from automatic weapons. The tanks are also rather arcadish in terms of the damage model and it's easy to jump in, kill internet men and than log off again.

You get the added 'strategic map' meta gameplay and rounds are not always balanced because of that, but in terms of basic gameplay it's actually rather close.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

Lord Windy posted:

I can't wait to get a tank, but it feels like it is going to take forever to even get a motorbike.

You can get a tank much earlier than you can get a bike. Tank is level 3 infantry and 22k credits for the conversion to tank crewman. You get that in about 10 matches. The pilot is even cheaper by the way, but I don't know the running costs of the plane yet.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

DatonKallandor posted:

You can get a tank much earlier than you can get a bike. Tank is level 3 infantry and 22k credits for the conversion to tank crewman. You get that in about 10 matches. The pilot is even cheaper by the way, but I don't know the running costs of the plane yet.

I just got a pilot today. Doesn't seem to be too bad in terms of running costs, but NZ lag makes attacking targets a pretty intolerable proposition.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Can you switch sides or do you have to create a new account for that?

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jul 14, 2014

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Pimpmust posted:

Can you switch dies or do you have to create a new account for that?

Switch die? Do you mean sides? Yes you can but only after the current "war" is done.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Feindfeuer posted:

BF 1942 is actually quiet the good comparison, '42 was also rather deadly when you could manage to hit people with your bolt action rifle but also needed quiet a few hits to take someone out with body/leg/arm shots from automatic weapons. The tanks are also rather arcadish in terms of the damage model and it's easy to jump in, kill internet men and than log off again.

You get the added 'strategic map' meta gameplay and rounds are not always balanced because of that, but in terms of basic gameplay it's actually rather close.
Thanks, this is exactly the response I was hoping for. I had a feeling people would read me wrong and be all "hur dur 42 didn't have a strategic map' etc.

But another poster mentioned NZ lag and that makes me sad.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Lampsacus posted:

Thanks, this is exactly the response I was hoping for. I had a feeling people would read me wrong and be all "hur dur 42 didn't have a strategic map' etc.

But another poster mentioned NZ lag and that makes me sad.

Its not so bad if you try leading shots a little, use a semiautomatic weapon, or drive a tank. However, the physics engine will flip the gently caress out if you roll a jeep and trying to fire the mounted gun on the back of a fast-moving vehicle is folly. Give it a try, the game is only like 1.2GB.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Lord Windy posted:

This was pretty fun. After a rocky stark, I got pretty good at assaulting with a machine gun. I am still pretty bad at 'staying alive' but I managed to get the top kills twice.

The grease gun is hilarious. There was this one map the US kept assaulting and getting pushed back out of. It had this barn with crappy wooden rafters troops would hide up in and shoot down from to ambush people.

So people kept immediately looking up at the rafters to check them every time they entered the barn. Never thinking to check immediately to their left to look for the soldier lurking in the shadows ready to go all Scarface on their rear end. :unsmigghh:

It got to the point where I started loving with people too since it was so easy to ambush them. I discovered that if you hit F you can whistle, so naturally I had to put it to good use. I kept walking up behind someone who'd storm the place and whistle in their ear before cracking them on the back of the skull as they went to turn around. The infuriated reactions from all the nazi spergs that got killed by that trick were hilarious.

Edit: Actually, so far most of this game is hilarious. The bikes in this game are especially an amazing addition that someone ought to be thanked for. I took a random soldier for a biking tour of Europe's dark forests at one point. Complete with like six germans chasing us, desperately trying to shoot us and failing because I was moving too fast. The pubbie was suitably terrified and annoyed, and couldn't even get off to escape because of them. :v:

You can even do a dainty pose on the bike if you make it go backwards. It even has a little bell you can ring, like a children's bicycle. With a little luck you can basically be a fabulous american commissar with one of those things too.

If you see someone trying to snipe and not push points, ride circles around them while ringing the bell. Which usually will draw attention to them and force them to advance into the enemy. At one point I was urging an entire squad of snipers (Who were gently caress all useless to the team.) on by chasing them with the bell constantly ringing.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 14, 2014

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Any group that controls this many fonts and is bold enough to use all these exclamation marks must be incredibly powerful! And soon, in fact this Thursday in the cafetorium, I shall become their leader!
I have been playing this game a bit. I like it, its a good quick game in the old style of BF1942. I just wish the Kar98 and the Garand would hit harder. I like the main rifles to be more hard hitting and not have guys taking several rounds from them.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of the funnniest bits of this game is that when people look at their map they look like they're holding tablets so sometimes you see an entire jeep filled with people in their tablets during a German armored offensive.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The Grease Gun is really nice, it might not shoot fast but it is easy to keep on target, even at long ranges, making it an ideal starter gun (if you can affort it). Also with 120 rounds of spare munition you can still carry a single shot Zooka with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimby Nougats
May 6, 2009

I think I've been in the closed? beta for this since it started but haven't played at all in many months. I played on the USA side and it always seemed there were more Germans, as it always is in WW2 games. I primarily would just grab a bike, pedal and ring the bell furiously and then jump off and shovel nazis to death. I'll have to re-download/update and do this some more since I've been missing BF1942/RO/old mod DoD.

• Locked thread