Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

Just a mad weather-ologist :science:
G

evobatman posted:

Another day, another all staff meeting with the CEO where he tells us that poo poo is hosed up in the oil business, and even more people have to be let go. I think we have had like 5 or 6 of them so far, but I'm still here. Until I'm not I guess.

Geez. I've got former co-workers that work IT for natural gas/oil as well right now...at least I think they still do.

I doubt the petero engineer friend I know however is ever going to get let go except for complete company collapse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

Don't know if this has been brought up here yet or not but:

http://info.varonis.com/cards-against-it

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

:vince:

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

psydude posted:

Anyone ever notice how there's a lot of people working in IT named Tom? And Dave?

Michael/Mike's been the most common for my dept, that's about 1/4 of everyone.

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

They ended up having to pull the steam because someone created a massive enough series of Twitch accounts to bot them with the feed to attempt malicious commands. The bots ended up getting a majority and it's way. Fortunately it didn't get too far.