Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
WELCOME TO THE CLOUD, MOTHERFUCKER.

Down for our customers too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
My favorite kind of documentation is the kind that's juuuuust out of date enough to still work, but ultimately doesn't give you anything close to what you actually need to run the NEW system that isn't documented yet (but is running in production, natch)

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
Assistant to the Regional Team Leader

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

psydude posted:

TS/SCI doesn't require a polygraph, if that's what you're worried about.

yes it does, you're doing full lifestyle poly for compartmented anything

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's not universally standard at all and you're weird as hell. I've never heard it before today in this thread in my life, we just say "forward slash" or "backslash".

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

FireSight posted:

I have failed out of TWO community colleges! And a university. Beat that!

Seriously, gently caress school. I get straight A's for the first couple years, and then I burn out and go "eh, gently caress this".

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

This is me. I have 1 semester left and it's the biggest "gently caress it" I've ever put into anything.

gently caress it so hard.

This attitude is why employers require college degrees for jobs that don't really need them. You're probably smart enough to do those jobs already, but if you can't trudge through a few years of a program dedicated to your personal success without going "gently caress it", then how the hell are you going to handle working a job where morons tell you to do pointless things?

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
If you think humanities departments are full of bullshit, wait until you see what human resources puts out.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

a cop posted:

Believe it or not, there are some people who enjoy working for nonprofits/charities for substandard wages because they believe in the cause.

:laugh:

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

RFC2324 posted:

Interview i had yesterday showed off their open office plan. Even the CEO didn't have an office.

Seems like a nightmare for having those come to Jesus chats

you show me a ceo without an office, and i'll show you a conference room that nobody can book

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

1000101 posted:

I think if you can't see the danger presented in the article then you probably shouldn't be posting on this topic.

Are you just arguing for arguments sake or are you really this dopey?

I see you're unfamiliar with forums poster "fishmech"

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

RyuHimora posted:

San Diego, California. :(

dude 30k in san diego is highway robbery

RyuHimora posted:

I was also told that the only reason I started as high as 30k per year is because of my previous experience, so it's possible the other people in my hiring group aren't being paid even that much.

that was almost certainly a lie

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
no company wants to pay anyone more than they have to, so what i'm guessing happened here is, they figured out you would accept 30k, and then a couple of execs went in the back room to laugh really hard in awe of how much they're screwing you. now you're working hard, taking the job seriously and stuff, so they figure they'll just keep piling on the work to get more out of you, since eventually you'll realize how lovely the deal is and leave

i mean, it's possible that really is how much they're paying the others too, but that's like... even worse

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Inspector_666 posted:

We use Google Apps and I still have a billion ridiculous filters because of all the alert lists I'm on that I'll never read

fixed for me

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

milk milk lemonade posted:

If your title is director and you aren't 35+ you are mistitled.

ftfy

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
why do you have speakers in a cubicle

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
im ok with video calls as long as ur ok with my dick being out

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i'd do butt stuff before ibm tbh

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
oh hey are we still talking about pto? because what i like to do is let it build up until i'm at the max and then just start taking every other friday off or whatever. i mean sure i could take a real vacation, but considering how much i get paid vs the amount of work i do, i figure my whole life is a vacation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
compensation for c-level employees at public companies is also about 100 times more complicated than your standard peon's salary/bonus/bennies