Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I took the train to the interview that got me hired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hey lads. Been a while since I posted here, but it's been about a year since I started CCNA classes, and I'm now working as a network engineer in San Francisco. :toot:

e) meant to post this in the cert thread, but oh well.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah, IANAL, but in general, no-competes are very difficult to enforce here unless you're dissolving a partnership, which you probably aren't, or if you're a contract worker who a client wants to poach, and even that might be too much of a pain to go after.

e) the easiest way to be sure is to take an IT job in California, where the answer to "is this no-compete enforceable" is basically "gently caress no"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sickening posted:

After saying all that I am pretty sure a legit early 20's something CCIE is probably going to make drat near close to 100k in any large city in the US, experience be damned. Someone with that kind drive and talent is a valuable commodity.

I have always heard that CCIE without experience is a red flag for employers, given that the CCIE, unlike a lot of "high-level" certs, has no prereqs. Dumps exist for the practical.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I've always had much better luck putting a local address on resumes that I send out of state. When I moved from Alaska back to the midwest I put my sisters address down and just explained that I was on my way back and just finishing up some projects at my current job. For whatever reason no one ever had a problem with that explanation. Always got plenty of skype interviews and then in face interviews later on if I felt like pursuing the job.

Recently, I changed from my real address and put down an old temp address I had in DC and that got me from maybe 1-2 callbacks a week to a lot more. Unfortunately now I have to drive into DC at 8AM because since I live downtown anyway, making a 9AM interview on K St is perfectly fine, right? :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Just finished an interview. Heard "As far as I know, you are the only candidate we have interviewed", which is either a good sign, or something that will make me very mad if I don't get an offer.