Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Am I missing something in the description saying it's unpaid? There's no mention of compensation and the 'employment type' says 'full-time', leading me to believe it's paid.

They're probably just trying to attract Masters graduates to a 6 month contract by selling it a different way. And massively underpaying them at the same time.

I do remember when I was looking for an internship one offer I had was full time but they let you know it's unpaid right away. I managed to find one that pays $10/hour though.

If you're trying to attract top-talent to for an internship and your not specifying that it's paid then your HR team is full of idiots.

Is that still how things work? I've been passed the internship phase for a long time now...unpaid internship with master's degree preferred? That just seems pants-on-head insane to me right off the bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

George H.W. oval office posted:

Server 2019 has a new feature for file server migrations. Moves files, confirms everything, and keeps name and IP before you click to cutover. Maybe... 5 seconds of downtime. The old server is then a read only hidden copy.

copies all permissions too? no need for robocopy?

I've been putting off migrating from my 32bit win server 2008 box out of laziness but now I can put it off till I get a 2019 box in place.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
can anyone recommend a good training course for a CISPP certification? If my boss isn't going to pay me more maybe I can convince them to squeeze some extra money out of professional development.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

thanks, any recommendations for good practice tests?

VVV sorry, i missed it the first time. im not an idiot, honest

The Nastier Nate fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 7, 2019

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

CLAM DOWN posted:

Hey all, I would like to survey the thread about something, would really appreciate your help. I'm trying to gather info outside of my own job history and experience, and I would like to use the results I expect from this as ammo at my current job.

1) Does your org allow working from home and/or remote work?
2) If yes to (1), how often/how much is allowed?
3) If yes to (1), are there any documented requirements for it to be allowed?
4) If no to (1), are there any reasons given why not?
5) Would you consider working for an org that does not permit working from home/remote work?
6) What country are you in?
7) Public or private sector?
8) Union or non-union?

Thank you extremely much.

1) no
2) -
3) -
4) working from home is just a thing you do for fun basically. some people do it on the weekends/after hours to catch up or get extra work done or whatever but it's not like you can choose to work from home instead of going in regularly. i couldn't work from home but if there's a problem on my time off boy they sure can't wait for me to vpn in and fix it
5) yes
6) US
7) public
8) non

on an unrelated note i just ordered my cissp books on amazon today......i hope i know what im getting in too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
a thing that i've noticed is how many calls i get about "my laptop says it can't find my camera or microphone!" when they're trying to connect to a teams or zoom call over RDP