Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Love is destructive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVZOLV9SPo

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i think so but usually i dont realize it until its too late

also this song is p accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9OGfBGOCpk

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Love is a lie!

Love is the creation of millions of years of evolution, designed for two specific purposes:

To get you to gently caress, and to get you to care about the resulting babies.

That's it. All the flowers and chocolate and poetry is frosted BS on this harsh truth.

Also, it has nothing to do with your heart whatsoever.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
flowers & chocolate aren't love, wanting to give them to somebody is

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ya but what if I make the decision to not care about babies man, but still love someone what does that mean.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

SHISHKABOB posted:

Ya but what if I make the decision to not care about babies man, but still love someone what does that mean.

seems reasonable to me

the urge to procreate & the urge to actually raise a kid dont have much in common imo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

You cannot deny your very genetics.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

love of cock is the driving force of the human zeitgas

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

redshirt posted:

Ya I can lol

Look I'm doin it right now

I ain't ever havin kids, gently caress that noise. But I love people and want to be with them. Stop trying to pretend like your feelings are a separate part away from your "self" and accept that they are a facet of you.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

redshirt posted:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

Ya I can lol

Look I'm doin it right now

I ain't ever havin kids, gently caress that noise. But I love people and want to be with them. Stop trying to pretend like your feelings are a separate part away from your "self" and accept that they are a facet of you.

Live the lie, friend. Love the lie.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yr dumb and are actually lying to yourself cause you are AFRAID TO LOVE

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

Yr dumb and are actually lying to yourself cause you are AFRAID TO LOVE

no ur dumb I ain't afraid!

Now, I've got to go wax my red sports car.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
you live in maine, i assume youre referring to your ATV

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

you live in maine, i assume youre referring to your ATV

Chainsaw, actually.

College Ruled
Apr 25, 2012

"It seems another associate has taken my friendly attitude as to insinuate desires that would exist outside the bounds of professional courtesy."

Courtesy of: 01001100 01001100 01001010 01001011 01010011 01101001 01001100 01101011
Love is that state of mind that let's me do whatever I want and the person still thinks we're friends or whatever

Love owns

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Yes. People say love doesn't exist because they (think they) figured out what it really is, and to some that makes it seem shallow and pointless.

But that's stupid, just because there is a reason for something doesn't make it any less awesome to experience.

Once you get over how and why we run the way we do (face it, its just to make copies of ourselves) life is a lot easier. It doesn't make it less special. If it does, you might be an idiot.

sry

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Imho the only true love is the love u can have forr your ethnic race as a whole, all "couplings" between human males and females exist only to further this cause

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012
yes ofc it is and let me define it for you in the words of goku; 'Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Love is a burnt match skating in a urinal.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
gettin redpilled hard by this thread aaargh i never wanted this but now i cannot turn away from teh truth

gonna be like that bald guy andmake a deal with Agent Smith to get put back in the matrix with a bloodred steak

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
I've been burnt one too many times and am now only able to experience platonic love, for: bros, animals, children, and possibly plants

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
guys guys

please stop misunderstanding platonic love

platonic love is not "sexless" love in the way you think of it

platonic love comes from socrates' exposition on love in Plato's Symposium, and is basically:

when your gay love (it has to be gay love, because true love in impossible between men and women) when your gay love becomes so transcendent that you no longer prefer to join together by buttfucking but instead share the depths of your minds and souls through conversation and the creation of ideas (soul-babies) then you have platonic love

platonic love is the ultimate gay romance

ok??

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

nomadologique posted:

guys guys

please stop misunderstanding platonic love

platonic love is not "sexless" love in the way you think of it

platonic love comes from socrates' exposition on love in Plato's Symposium, and is basically:

when your gay love (it has to be gay love, because true love in impossible between men and women) when your gay love becomes so transcendent that you no longer prefer to join together by buttfucking but instead share the depths of your minds and souls through conversation and the creation of ideas (soul-babies) then you have platonic love

platonic love is the ultimate gay romance

ok??

Dunno if you're just trying to poo poo on everything worthy in this world but platonic love isn't gay romance..there is no need for emotional attraction in that way. The great degeneracy of this day and age is that too many conflate the two imo. A man can love a man as a brother.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

love is real but its stupid
real stupid

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i think ..i love, love

i love love!

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

just want to love and be loves. i have so much love to give, will someone take my love? just want to be near someone and touch theyre skin. i like getting my back tickled and scratched. i love getting my scalp massaged. i love getting my balls pulled on

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
love is good

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Fetus Tree posted:

seems reasonable to me

the urge to procreate & the urge to actually raise a kid dont have much in common imo
You can add another category here for the urge to just have sex. It has a ton of benefits for the participants that have nothing to do with making kids.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

Baby don't hurt me

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
Love is pretty hard to find on Google since they have such a generic name, but I really recommend Da Capo.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Not since nambla

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
this concept of "wuv" confuses and infuriates us!

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn insiiiiiiiide…... Woman
You neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE

BAHDUM BDMMMM

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
No, it doesn't.

One of the things that most amuses me about the gay marriage debate is the idea that "love", something that no one over the age of 14 or 15 should believe in, is used as a serious, sociolegal argument for why gay marriage should be legal. Something that is made up to sell pop music to teenagers is actually reified into an establishing principle of society. It is ridiculous.

(Don't get me wrong, I support gay adults ability to form a contract with each other for practical purposes, but gays love each other as much as straight people do: not at all because that is a made up thing.)

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

glowing-fish posted:

No, it doesn't.

One of the things that most amuses me about the gay marriage debate is the idea that "love", something that no one over the age of 14 or 15 should believe in, is used as a serious, sociolegal argument for why gay marriage should be legal. Something that is made up to sell pop music to teenagers is actually reified into an establishing principle of society. It is ridiculous.

(Don't get me wrong, I support gay adults ability to form a contract with each other for practical purposes, but gays love each other as much as straight people do: not at all because that is a made up thing.)

Single?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

glowing-fish posted:

No, it doesn't.

lmao sorry your life sucks

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Love is the delightful interval between meeting a beautiful girl
and discovering that she looks like a haddock. - John Barrymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012