Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Game: Mods in Hyboria: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of
System: Modiphius Conan 2d20
Format: PbP in The Game Room
Players: adding 1-2 players to bring the total up to 4-5
Description: Seek treasure and high adventure in Hyboria!

I've got some turnover in my still just getting started Modiphius Conan 2d20 PbP game over in The Game Room. So I'm looking for probably 1 or 2 players to either take over existing characters or make new ones and join up!

Mods in Hyboria: Modiphius 2d20 Conan OOC/Chat thread is where you should stop by to express interest and ask questions.
Mods in Hyboria: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of [2d20 Conan] is the game thread, which you should read to see where we're at. It's only on page 3, so not too tough to catch up with!

Ideally, you'll already be familiar with the Modiphius 2d20 system, but it's not a requirement. Ideally, you'd also be familiar with Robert E. Howard's setting, Hyboria, but that is also not required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: Califronia Dreaming: An NCR Politics game
System: Politics game
Format: PbP in TGR
Players: Unlimited
Description:
The year is 2248, and President Tandi has died at the ripe old age of 103. Her vice president, Joanna Tibbett, has been sworn in as the republics third president. The NCR is a prosperous post-war nation of 700,000, holding most of southern California. The NCR prevents discrimination based on gender, ethnicity, sexuality or religious belief, as well as protecting ghouls and mutants. But all is not well in the NCR; clashes with the Brotherhood of Steel over advanced technology have become more frequent, in addition, the continued pace of expansion is coming into conflict with tribals on the NCRs borders. Economic opportunity is becoming scarcer, as the Brahmin barons begin to lobby for decreased government intervention in the economy, building up their own power base.

In this RP, you will plays as a politician of the NCR, helping to guide the nation on it's way to glory and success. Or perhaps you will be a demagogue, seeking only power. You may also play as a military officer.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: Middle Earth Isekai
System: GURPS
Format: PbP
Players: 5-8
Description: You/your character have suddenly found yourself in Middle Earth! Not that you know anything about Middle Earth in this scenario. Now it's up to you to survive and maybe keep casualties from the War of the Ring low and prevent the worlds eventual fall.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Game: Everyone Is John
Players: 3-6
Description: Everyone is John is a humorous, competitive roleplaying game about playing the various personalities ofJohn, an insane man from Minneapolis. One participant is the GM, or, in Everyone is John lingo, "EveryoneElse." All of the other players are Voices in John's head.
Start time: As soon as we have enough people

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Game: Crushing Capitalism In The Belly of The Beast
System: Pathfinder 2e
Format: Discord / Foundry
Players: 3-6

Description:

Boba Pearl posted:

It’s High Magic, with crystals for communication, and maybe like a social media thing, I dunno we’ll get the tech level nailed down in session 0. You are in a giant monster that the name of has been long forgotten. The people who live here just call it Titan. There are multiple cities inside of Titan, and a number of towns, forests, caves, and agricultural areas. A government run by multiple corporations (one for every player,) have to work together to use necromancy to keep this giant monster moving. That’s because in the outside world, there’s about a 7 hour window where the world is neither too hot, nor too cold for the species that live in Titan to exist in. The monster has to keep moving around the world, always staying in twilight to make sure that they never fall into either climate and wipe out all life in Titan. Life has been like this for hundreds, and maybe thousands of years, and it’s gotten to the point that there are very few who remember what the world was like before you all entered the Titan, and even fewer actually knew what caused this hell-scape. A world run by corporations has all the problems you’d think it does, but the specifics will be hammered out as a group.

Arteries are major trade lines, bones have large caverns inside that can be used to travel around. Capillaries and veins are like side streets, and entire chunks of muscle hard as rock and constantly leaking acid have been carved out to create space for towns, trees, crops, and live stock. There are monsters lurking on the roads of Titan, and trade is dangerous. The monster is dead and decaying, and whoever first animated this giant had also created an eco system to help keep it functioning. -There are those that feast on the things that make it rot (but also the people who live inside.) You’ll find many strange places in Titan, as you travel it, and nothing will be quite as it seems...

The main thrust of adventure is that you’re all a member of a singular newly created company. You all got a license (or will in the first few sessions) specifically to topple all of the other corporations (or force them to get in line,) and bring about a new government that allows the workers of Titan that keep it running to profit off their own labor, not the corporations that force them to toil in destitution. Right now you have the party, a small starting hub (maybe a bar, an office, an inn, that’s also a session 0 thing,) and you’re going to be starting small but quickly expanding.

Start time: As soon as we have enough people

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: The End Times
Format: CYOA

Description: Lead the forces of UN Joint Command against the armies of Heaven and Hell.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Game: We Are Not Saved
System: Monsterhearts 1e
Players: 4
Description: You're monsterous teens in a small town in Georgia. I'm going for a Southern Gothic feel with this game, but otherwise the finer details of the town will be established during character creation and in play. My Discord game of this died early, so I'm going with PbP on these forums for this one.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: The Forgotten War: Korea 1950-1953
System: Military Sim

Come fight the Korean War and hopefully don't start WW3.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Game: Moon Colony Bloodbath
System: Mafia
Format: PbP/Discord
Players: 15
Description: You try to stop spooky murders on the moon while everyone calls you an idiot. If you haven't played Mafia before, come check it out!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Game: Of Twilight And Distant Dreams
System: Strike!
Players: Depends on interest
Description: Underdark Races... in... space! Travel to a distant galaxy to help colonize it as an offshoot of a galactic empire. Trying out Strike to have a faster, more flexible go at things and still have some chunky grid-based tactical combat.

Game has started, thanks.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 7, 2021

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Not Even Light Escapes is a two person narrative game of the rise, growth, and clash of two great Stars, heroes among their respective peoples. The shape of your clash is up to you, but one way or another it’s going to happen, and it’s going to be violent. The game takes place over four Seasons, each represented by one suit of cards: Birth, Inspiral, Coalescence, and Ringdown.

Find yourself a partner, and we'll start you off with a session zero; a short collabrative seassion in which the players - not their Stars - hash out elements of the world; things to include, not to include, other expectations, in order to maintain narrative consistency. Next each player, taking turns with the youngest (or however you want) starting first, will draw a card from the Birth deck and respond to the prompt, fleshing out their respective Star. Once all cards are drawn, the next suit is drawn. Each Season takes place over a progressively shorter period of time - from years, to months, to days. In the final Season, the pull of either the Ace or the King will conclude matters - but the outcome will change dramatically based on the preceding stages. I can run as many games as we have pairs, so feel free to apply.

Good Luck.

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 4, 2021

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Game: Solidarity
System: Pathfinder 2e
Players: 6
Description: Come to magic school! Do chores, hear corny speeches! It'll be fun!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Game: Pirate Radio
System: Flying Circus
Players: A bunch probably.
Description: Fly airplanes, crash airplanes, get paid!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Game: Unnamed D&D 5E game
System: D&D 5E
Format: Tabletop Simulator (w/ Discord for voice)
Players: Need 2-4 more
Description: A friend of mine is looking to run a D&D 5E game in Tabletop Simulator. Starting at 2nd level as newbie adventurers in a small town out to solve a problem. Time undetermined as of yet (depends on players), but likely one of Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights (Central time).
Contact: PM or message me on Discord (Piell #5197) and I'll send you a link to the game discord

Now full!

Piell fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 23, 2021

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Game: Satan Has His Miracles
System: DnD 5e with some homebrew
Format: Discord and roll20.net
Players: 4 to 6
Description: the party are setting sail from England in 1635, bound for the New World

Full

Enjoy fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 30, 2021

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

sniper4625 posted:

Game: Twilight Struggle
System: Boardgame by Discord
Players: 2-5
Description: I've been running rounds of the Cold War board game Twilight Struggle in Discord for a bunch of goons. Looking for some fresh blood for Round 3, especially players willing to go Team USSR. All skill levels welcome.

Once again looking for some fresh blood for Team USSR!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
System: World Wide Wrestling, 2nd Edition
Number of Players: 6ish players, ideally
Playstyle: Asynchronous PbP via Discord
Short Pitch: What if Saints Row and Lucha Underground ran into each other very fast and that made a wrestling promotion?
Will Include: Variety of pro wrestling styles, larger-than-life characters, kayfabe magical bullshit, kayfabe deaths, pushes for proactive players/wrestlers, some lore(?!)
Won’t Include: Edgelord nonsense

I wrote a a bunch of words about my thoughts on what sort of game I wanted to run, including some thoughts on the kind of players I want to have joining. If any of this sounds like fun, please click the discord link.

:vince:

We're full up currently.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 4, 2021

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Game: Star Saga One: Beyond the Frontier
System: Computer Game Master
Format: Discord/PBEM (depending on majority preference)
Players: 6
Description: Star Saga One is a hybrid board/computer/gamebook game that I previously LPed as a solo game. I'd like to run it six-player and write it up in an after-action report (the sheer quantity of secret information wouldn't make it suitable for a Let's Play). Each player has their own reason for taking a spaceship past the Boundary, a vigorously patrolled border around the Nine Worlds, but their quests will ultimately lead to something larger, a threat to known existence...

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: Fallout: London
System: Election game
Format: PBP
Players: ?
Description:It is 2277 and Britain still lies broken. Broken by the Great War and the preceding European Civil War, caused by the aftermath of the Middle East War. The oil has run dry, as has the uranium. The Emergency Wartime Government controls only portions of London, in a eternal war with the Royalists and the gangs, not to mention the Bobbybots. However, there is hope. A recent power surge has eliminated the I.R.O.N.-L.A.D.Y. computer system that has been running the country, meaning Parliament has real power now. Can you take up the banner of England and save (what's left of) the country? Probably not.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game:GurpsHammer: Inheritance
Format: Text over Discord
Players: 5
Description: Through a complicated chain of inheritance, you have gained a small barony in far Ostermark. It is now up to you to restore it to glory, serve your liege lord, and build a name for yourself.

This is a GURPS game using the GurpsHammer fan supplement. One of the players will be the Baron and the rest their retinue.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Game: Blood on the Clocktower
System: Blood on the Clocktower
Format: Voice Chat over Discord
Players: 5 to 20
Description: BotC is a Mafia-like social deduction game with a GM. Everyone is a power role, there's no player elimination, and it's always possible that everything you've learned is deliberate or unintentional misinformation.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Game: The 8th Astral Era
System: D&D 4e
Format: Discord voice and Roll20
Players: 4-5
Description: Come play D&D in a Final Fantasy based world after the previous heroes screwed up 200 years ago and everything is getting back on their feet.

welfarestateofmind
Apr 11, 2020

"You are a violent and irrepressible miracle. The vacuum of cosmos and the stars burning in it are afraid of you. Given enough time you would wipe us all out and replace us with nothing -- just by accident."
Game: Crisis: A Game of Sunk Costs [Playtest]
System: Crisis, a game built using the Resistance system (ala Spire or Heart) by myself
Format: Discord (PbP most likely)
Players: 4-6
Description: In a fictional world similar to ours, the players are faced with escalating disasters of an extra-dimensional nature. Instead of the frontline responders, they are the bureaucrats and managers that must take responsibility and do their best to control the damage in the face of an alien threat, while the city crumbles and the people panic, while trying to keep their jobs and marriages together and maybe get that promotion they were promised. Heavily inspired by Shin Godzilla and Chernobyl in premise, with the aesthetic of Control and a twist of dark humor as well.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Game: Skulls & Shackles
System: Pathfinder 1e
Format: Discord (live play, schedule TBD)
Description: Adventure and Justice on the High Seas! From beginnings as press-ganged crew just barely more than slaves yourselves, rise to command first your own ship and eventually whole fleets to fight against the forces of slavery, racism, and colonialism in their myriad shapes and guises.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: Space Race!
System: Custom
Description: The year is 1950 and man's eyes begin to turn to space. The nations of the world, not merely the superpowers, seek to succeed in the Space Race. The USA and the Soviet Union seek to compete for prestige, the UK and it’s Commonwealths seek to prove they are still relevant, and the European Space Agency seeks to provide the Old World with a new beginning.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Game: The King-Killing Association
System: Lancer
Format: Live play on Foundry with Discord for voice. Sundays at 5PM EST
Description: A group of elite criminals are recruited by the Union Intelligence Bureau and sent undercover into periphery of the Karrakin Trade Baronies. Their mission: earn the trust of a Baronic House, attend a once-in-a-lifetime meeting of the Baronic leadership and assassinate the Prime Baron.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Game: Winford
System: Monsterhearts 2.0
Description: You're monstrous teens in a small town that's being "improved" and gentrified by a silicon valley tech geek who's totally 100% legitimate. How do you deal with all the problems that causes as well as the fact that you need to eat people occasionally?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Game: Black Crusade: Flight of the Intruder
System: Black Crusade Apocrypha
Description: evil rear end chaos heretics steal a ship to start off their wacky and zany adventures!

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 2, 2021

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Game: USSR Mafia
Players: 15
Description: It's Mafia, but set in the USSR! Try to figure out who wants to overthrow the dictatorship of the proletariat and vote them out! Or maybe try to overthrow the dictatorship of the proletariat! Need five more to start.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Game: Savannah by Night
System: Vampire The Masquerade V5
Format: Live play with roll20/discord
Players: 3-4
Time: Either Saturdays or Sundays around 8:00PM EST.

Description: Between an economic down turn, multiple natural disasters, and an inquisitorial cleansing Savannah has been just about wiped of nearly all but the most tenacious, desperate, or lucky of kindred. Will a group of young neonates be able to survive in one of the most haunted cities in America, or will they become just another ghost story?

Contact:If interested send a forums PM or an email to somethingawful[at] defenestration[dot]xyz

edit: Filled, but if interested in joining if someone drops, throw me a message.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 9, 2021

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Game: Bezzelbee's Technical College - A Game of Mafia
Players: 19
Description: Community with magic and a little bit of murder. New players are welcome!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Game: A Ragged Yellow Sun

System: Lancer

Format: Voice on Discord/Roll20

Players: have one, need three more.

Schedule: Every other Monday, starting 11/08/2021, at 8pmish EST. Sessions will run about 2-3 hours.

Description:
The short pitch is that a megacorporation on the Rim has risen to significant power, controlling several dozen star systems, building a tidy little empire. In the process of doing this they have angered a lot of people, mostly because they've been brutally exploitatively, nasty and cunning on their way up. Your team, aboard the Refulgent, a small transport ship refitted for guerilla operations has been hired to "ensure maximum disruption".

Contact: Either send me a PM, or a message on discord (you can find me on the trad games discord as thecog19)

Full now!

TheCog fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 30, 2021

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Game: End Time/Time of Judgement
System: Exalted vs World of Darkness Revised
Format: Voice or Chat on Discord
Players: 4 to 6
Schedule: Weekly, 3 to 4 hours starting from 6 to 8 PM CST Fridays or Saturdays

Description:

It's the World of Darkness, specifically Chicago Late 2007. Pentex is doing their victory lap and continuing immortal experiments as the Earth collapses and the Wyrm comes closer to closer to ending everything. The Technocracy has the world on it's fingertips but between the flaws in their own design, the Traditions, and horrors from behind time and space getting more aggressive, they don't feel like the masters of the universe especially after what happened in Bangaldesh. The only group that cares MORE about what happened there are the Kindred, whom just narrowly avoided such an incident in LA a couple years back, with it causing a resurgence in the Anarchs. Indeed all the Elders of the Camarilla in the know are trying to desperately make desperate plans for a quick exit that will kill off their most of their allies, rivals, and childe but probably won't work and get them killed. They know their ancestors and founders: The Antediluvians are slowly waking up and going to start feasting on their progeny and entire cities of humans.

Enter you: demi-gods returned to the world from a time and place before pre-history. Champions of Gods that no longer exist, compelled to save the world and with the power to do so. But will the Exalted finally live up to their purpose, or fall to hubris and corruption as they had in the past?

Contact: Recruitment thread has the Discord Link and you can just post there!

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
deleted

Mycroft Holmes fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Nov 3, 2021

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Game: Back In Black
System: Deathwatch RPG by FFG
Format: Play by post
Description: The Great Rift has opened up. You're the last squad at a Watch Fortress on the bad side of the Rift. All the Fortress Astropaths were killed by the opening of the Rift, and you need to be sent to the local planetary government to discover what happened and get more astropaths.

This is a game exploring the immediate aftermath of the fall of Cadia on the wrong side of the Great Rift, and how a small group of Deathwatch helped things survive, or not.

Game recruit thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3983628

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Game: Expedition to Undermountain
Format: Discord PbP
Players: 5
Description: This is a conversion of the Forgotten Realms adventure Expedition to Undermountain for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy. Look forward to playing with you. DM me here or on Discord at Mycroft Holmes#1618

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Game: What happened to Alley?
System: De Profundis (PBP Letter writing/Forum Posting)
Players: 4 or 5. Maybe more if I get enough interest.
Description: A guy posts a message on a online Magick forum one day asking for help in trying to figure out what a mysterious cube is, hoping it will help find his missing Boyfriend.

The idea here is people add and build onto the story of what this thing is with every post. De Profundis is meant to be played by writing letters, but I think its ideas can be used just as effectively on a board. More of a creative writing thing than a real game with a system attached to it. PM me if interested.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 7, 2021

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
One for the wargamers: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3984429

Blurb: You play Russian commanders on the eastern front of 1915. Everything sucks, though you can win, particularly through good tactics and grit.
System: Self-modified version of Contemptible Little Armies, 3rd ed. There is only your side, the Germans are played by me as GM. Roleplaying is rewarded.
Players: 5, maybe more if interest soars.
Game: The Gorlice-Tarnów offensive looms. Though you don't enough enough support, transport, bullets or boots, the importance of understanding and besting the German oppressors are drilled into you. Use combined arms warfare and wisely coordinated written orders to get your infantry, cavalry and guns to counter the Germans, and you may live to, uh, beat back the next offensive. Glory to the Emperor!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Game: For Blood and Honor
System: D&D 4E with a little bit of homebrewing.
Format: Foundry VTT with Discord for Voice.
Players: 4-5
Schedule: Wednesdays at 7:00 PM CST Fortnightly (every 2 weeks), with a session 0 hopefully Dec 1st. Could move the game to tuesdays/thursdays depending on application availability.

Description: Roughly inspired by games like Might and Magic 7 and Pathfinder: Kingmaker, this is going to be a 4e adventure where a plucky band of 4-5 adventurers rise through the ranks of an empire through subterfuge, diplomacy, or just outright violence. Starting level is 1 and is expected to go up to 20 (but may adjust higher or lower depending on group preferences).

PM me on here or send me a message on discord if you're interested. (Also on there as Arrrthritis)

Filled. Thank you everybody for your interest!

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

You are High Chaos Sage Pettifer Wylde. You have been accosted to perform a vital quest with your terrifyingly powerful wild magic. With a sigh, you unsheath your wand.

Fill a spreadsheet with spell prefixes/suffixes, then vote on which randomly generated spell you will cast to solve the problem at hand. Will you cast "Unnacceptably Chill?" Distract a goblin with "Sleepy Riddle"? Or conjure up "Salamander's Superheated Grim Pirates Rum"?

Also, I'll be MSPainting it because that's what I have on my work computer. Come join us!