Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile

joke_explainer posted:

Looks delicious. Here’s some fried rice I made recently:

And some tacos with al pastor:

them tacos look good as heck

I’m just now realizing I’ve been posting all my foods and cooking in the lurkers thread. I am a disgrace. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

thos beans and rice look legit af, bo pepper. watchoo got in there? hamhock?

Prof. Crocodile

Bo-Pepper posted:

i had some smoked pork from a farmer’s market that basically demanded it be used in the dish

it spoke to me

that sounds delicious. it would be madness to deny smoked pork its rightful place in a nest of starchy carbs and savory spices.

Prof. Crocodile

Bo-Pepper posted:

white bean stew with spring vegetables, mint pistou and shaved parmesan

magnificent! :kiss:

Prof. Crocodile

Finger Prince posted:

I made fresh hummus today. I don't know how store bought hummus gets it so wrong. I mean, store bought is fine, but fresh made is a whole other level.

I think about this a lot, because the very best store-bought hummus is way worse than lazy homemade hummus. I'm guessing it comes down to the orchestrations that food must be subjected to to allow it to live for months in a grocer's cooler.

Prof. Crocodile

Nexein posted:

Barging into the cooking thread because I didn't know we had a cooking thread

Today I made what I think is a pretty close approximation of Gyudon for someone who has never actually had Gyudon, sorta.

I omitted the sugar because I'm coming off a fast and I didn't wanna spike my heart into oblivion and added oyster sauce so it was probably more savory and less caramely than it could have been but I'm happy with it.

I will wait on SWR or Teddy Thunders for an official opinion, but goldang that looks good to me. :eyepop:

Prof. Crocodile

Bright Bart posted:

So the plating might be underwhelming and yes the tea is Lipton but I'm still happy with how breakfast turned out.

https://ibb.co/gSsTbC6

Chickpeas in hot pepper sauce, labneh, hummus, fresh mozzarella green olives, side salad, and toasted pita bread.

Inspired by the Turkish restaurant near me which serves breakfast including homemade cheese, homemade bread, charcoal-grilled sausage, and a ton of little sides. Been hankerin' for that set but, you know, COVID.

Would savor that breakfast, saving the olives for last so I could nibble them and enjoy them slowly.

Prof. Crocodile

prepuce repurposed posted:

spicy as gently caress

now I just need some green onion, rice and steamed brocc

:thumbsup:

this looks delish and spicy. that little tinge of red oil means good things.

Prof. Crocodile

Derpies posted:

Mirepoix

you making a soup with that mirepoix Derps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Marinara freezes really well and is useful for many things. Always make more marinara. (also always use more cheese)

a
b
c

always
be
cooking more marinara