Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Double Tap Mr Newton Edge: 4/7

Newton jumps down, gun at the ready in one hand...and grabs a flashbang carefully disguised to look far more deadly then it actually is in the other, before popping hatch that leads into the elevator!

"Fire in the hole!" ...Is what he says if anyone is inside.

I IMMEDIATELY follow...and check to see if the elevator itself is occupied. If there's anyone inside the actual elevator, they gon get stun grenaded. Unless I can't do that yet, in which case I do not! I assume no throwing roll is needed to literally drop a grenade straight down.

Initiative: 12+2d6 15
Surprise!: 12d6t5 5

I may be slow to react, but goddamn am I good at making and avoiding surprises, apparently!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos
Edge: 1/1 Physical: 0/9 Stun: 0/11 Wound Modifier: 0 Spirit Services: 2/2

Gabriel considers trying to delay the team while he scouts but ends up dismissing it with a shrug. "When in rome..." he mutters as he peeks briefly into the astral, more to count bodies than get detailed information, and jumps (or at least attempts to) in after the team.

Probably delayed enough to not be considered immediately following. Either works though, I'll roll surprise just in case.
Edit: so reading ronwayne's post made me realize I've been under the mistaken impression, for whatever reason, that Increase Reflexes increases reaction. Which it definitely doesn't. So my initiative result should be 30 and my surprise test should be 10d6 not 13d6, which after truncation still leaves me with 3 hits.

Initiative: 13+4d6 27
Surprise: 13d6t5 5

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 27, 2015

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Hi, I'll be taking over Drek for now, until his player is in a better position to continue. I've never played a Techno before, but I will try not to get him killed.

Drek; Blackhart Sparky, Gizmo
Edg: 3/3 | 9/9 P | 11/11 S

Gizmo. God drat it.

Drek made the mistake of not having the spooky mask he picked out covering his face when he met Jackie. Now the carefully selected name was gone before he even said it, and he was stuck with Sparky. Or Gizmo. Whichever. Frag.

Sparky set aside his grumbling and strapped himself into the Nightwing. Past the yawning door loomed the sub-zero Texan winter horizon. A neon polluted cityscape at the best of times, the light blanket of snow and midnight hour gave the usually busy and noisy sprawl a softer edge. From up here, life didn't seem so bad.

The ultralight lurched, and he was pulled from his reverie. Gizmo flipped down his mask; an angular, jet-black ballistic face cover with a single oscillating red light. It was meant to be intimidating, but with his new moniker he felt a bit ridiculous. The Imagelink in his goggles flickered on and he was treated to multiple PIP views of the crew. Aside from Jackie, he was the last one off the T-Bird. Their flights looked stable enough, but he wouldn't be able to enjoy his: The bank's cameras and alarms would need to be disabled or suppressed, and he suspected there wouldn't be much time to do that when they hit the roof.

Gizmo closed his eyes and slipped into VR. The familiar feeling of dropping onto a Grid mirrored the gut-wrenching lurch of the ultralight being flung from the Banshee. Around him the icons of his team's PANs whirled and spun in time with their Nightwings.

<< Lady and gentlemen, this is your local cybersecurity consultant. On your devices you may notice a friendly new icon -- that's me. I'll be your babysitter for this evening's Run, so do the vampire a favour and invite him inside. I promise, he doesn't bite. Finally, ensure you are running silent on all requisite devices. Boom Boom I am looking at you. Thank you. Disclaimer: I take no responsbility for bricked Cyberware, gear, or profane datafiles mysteriously left on your devices. Thank you, now enjoy your flight.>>

Taking a few minutes to secure his team's devices, Sparky finally gets to take a check of his surroundings, quickly finding the Grid the bank's Host was located. A twist of virtual reality later, he safely landed at the foot of the bank's virtual doppelganger.

The monolithic structure of the Host loomed ahead of him; the classical representation of a bank with it's soaring columns and peaked marble roof faced with a ticking clock. The office hours were over, but online banking never closes, and Gizmo swapped his usual persona for the unassuming guise of an overworked sarariman.

Slipping past the revolving doors, Sparky browses the nearby rack advertising high-interest savings accounts (0.013% interest, wow!) and loan questionnaires (Are you ready for a fourth mortgage?). Furtive glances around the bank helped him pick out sleepy-eyed patrons, uncomfortably perky attendants, steely-eyed IC and, if possible, hidden Spiders.

He focused, but the local noise and static made picking out hidden icons more difficult than it should have been. He was about to refocus and try again when a jolt rocked his meat body. Flipping over to AR, he found the glider landed safely on the roof of the building and the assembled team rapidly setting up to breach the elevator shaft. He linked up with the team and turned to Mr. Newton, making a dissatisfied face as he does so.

"Sorry, this Host is going to take a little more trickery than my first try. You guys wanna wait a few seconds or what?"

Jackie makes that decision for them.

After the dust clears, Sparky makes a show of plugging his Deck into the elevator hardline, then (by GM fiat, thank god) pulls up the elevator. It lurches to a stop on the top floor, a metre below the team. "poo poo, this is too easy," he mutters, then turns to the team. "Straight down, right?"

Drek will be a smart little Decker and wait at the top of the elevator shaft until everyone who is in, gets in, then will follow when it's clear. I'll assume he's got three marks on the Host at the moment, but details about the top floor's personnel status, Host's alert status, and other pertinent information would be useful.

Surprise Check
Surprise: 7d6t5 3

Initiative - Meatspace
Initiative - Meatspace: 1d6+7 11

Initiative - Matrix
Initiative - Matrix: 4d6+11 28
Just in case.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 28, 2015

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
I guess we're waiting on Martello. I'll give him until tomorrow morning.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
They're On The Roof! [Everyone]
Wednesday, 2075/2/20, 21:15 - The Bank

Jackie, Mr. Netwon, Nightwalker, and Miguel land on the elevator roof. The next few seconds are tense and possibly hard to explain: Nightwalker gets a moment to move before anyone does much of anything, and his flashes of Astral Perception show a good number of bodies below him, stacking up outside the elevator doors on the top floor. They must have come running when the explosion went off, and they look like they're preparing to breach in proper corpsec fashion.

The elevator itself has a roof hatch secured by an electronic locking mechanism of some kind.

Initiative
27 Gabriel / Nightwalker
24 Guards
22 Jackie Neon
20 Marci / Boom Boom
15 Double-Tap / Mr. Netwon
17 Roland / Miguel
11 Drek
?? Meatsauce

Init: 2#12+3d6 24 22

Drek
Let's call it two marks on the bank to make things interesting, and your Overwatch Score will start a 5.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos Nightwalker

I'm gonna have Gabriel delay until right after Boom Boom I think. Can't really think of anything to do until the hatch is opened besides assense. If we're not able to open it right away then at that point he'll assense the guards: first priority being identifying any awakened, second getting an exact number.

Here's the roll in case it's assensing:
Assensing roll #1 (-1 from delayed action): 7d6t5 2

If anyone has a really good idea for what he should do if the team does get the door hatch open I'm all ears. At this point I'm up in the air between doing something with trid phantasm, control thoughts, or just attacking.

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 30, 2015

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Arkangelus posted:

I'm gonna have Gabriel delay until right after Boom Boom I think. Can't really think of anything to do until the hatch is opened besides assense. If we're not able to open it right away then at that point he'll assense the guards: first priority being identifying any awakened, second getting an exact number.

Here's the roll in case it's assensing:
Assensing roll #1 (-1 from delayed action): 7d6t5 2

If anyone has a really good idea for what he should do if the team does get the door open I'm all ears. At this point I'm up in the air between doing something with trid phantasm, control thoughts, or just attacking.

Depending on the team's call or gear selection, I can shut down the top floor lights (or blow them out spectacularly), activate the fire-suppression system, or, to be real nasty, let them breach the elevator then send it to a different floor or straight into a freefall. We should also keep a look out on the stairs in case a second team is following up on an attempted flank.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Gonna have to NPC me or even kill me. I hate to be the Dropout rear end in a top hat but I just don't have the time I expected to with this new job. I am also going to be semi off grid the next two weeks doing National Guard annual training.

Sorry QN and everyone else.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

The guards finish their prep at the elevator door, and even if you can't hear it, you can pretty much tell what's coming next: breaching charges into the elevator followed by a lot of Stick-n-Shock autofire into, above, and through the elevator.

Initiative
27 Gabriel / Nightwalker* (Delayed)
24 Guards
22 Jackie Neon*
20 Marci / Boom Boom
15 Double-Tap / Mr. Netwon*
17 Roland / Miguel*
11 Drek
?? Meatsauce

* => On The Elevator

Unless it super-duper matters, y'all can go in whatever order you'd like.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
"Miguel Vela"
2765 nY
0 k 3/3 Edge
0/9P 0/9S

Miguel pulls the Alpha off his back, loading a flashbang into the underslung launcher. "Right. Sparky, get that hatch open." This was mostly said for Jackie's benefit; if he'd wanted, Sparky could probably have read it off his hardware. "When they pop the door, we drop flashbangs and hit them while they're reeling. God knows what they're expecting, but it won't be this." Hey, Drek. If you have any way to make this more dramatic, go nuts, but make sure we know first.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 30, 2015

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Drek; Blackhart Sparky Gizmo Sparky

Ensuring he's properly steadied, Sparky drops himself into AR, his meatsheath going limp against the elevator connection while his consciousness reignites on the dull plane of the bank's secure Host.

Simple Action: Drop into VR

Initiative Change: AR -> VR
Initiative Change - AR to HotSim VR: 3d6+4 20 added to 11 puts me at 31 (wow what a good roll)

The endorphin rush kicks his mind into overdrive, and his digital digits fly over the elevator hatch's icon, popping it like a cap of soy-cola. He keys up a message for the team, sans Jackie.

<< Whatever you want, boss. I've got almost total control of this system. My plan is to cut the lights, have the fire control system belt out a low volume of suppressant gas, then play the nastiest, dirtiest Ork rap I've got on my playlist. Sound fun? >>

Simple Action: Open elevator hatch.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

For some reason I assumed that boom-boom was opening it, can we retcon the delay to drek's turn?
I'm thinking a trid phantasm inferno in the elevator to dissuade them from doing much until the team can get those concussion grenades out. Plus it'll look cool right? Also I think I'll delay Gabriel's next action pass as well, until just after the guards. Primarily to determine if anything is actually on fire.

To team (including Jackie): <Conjuring a distraction, wait for my all clear>

F:6 Trid Phantasm - lot's of fire: 13d6t5 7
Forgot -1 from delayed action but F:6 anyway.
Resist Drain - Trid Phantasm: 20d6t5 7
Drain resisted

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Boom Boom
31650 nY
6/22k |2/3 edge| 13+3d6 Init
+1 Reaction, +1 Charisma, +1 Perception +1 Intuition, +1 Logic +1 Willpower, +2 Mental limit, –1 Physical limit +1 Social Limit, High Pain Tolerance 1

Boom Boom pulls out the uh, boomboom, and waits for the door to crack open as Gabe does his thing, time to add extra incentive. Surpressive fire for 4 hits as soon as she gets line of sight on them. FN HAR w/gell is 10S -1 AP.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

And starring Jackie Neon as himself
Jackie sticks a hopper of Jazz between his lips and inhales deeply as it clicks. He shakes his head around for a moment as the speed kicks in and he's hyperaware. Putting his mirrorshades on and hunting via thermographic, he's standing above the elevator shaft with the FN shouldered. "Well what the drek are we waiting for. Get those elevator doors open so we can flash and clear. Lets get it!"

Delay action: Simple Full Auto burst the first man to attempt to clear the elevator with Ex-Ex.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 2, 2015

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Well initiative scores got messy since you all readies actions for when the main elevator doors opened, but the guards didn't open them on that initiative pass. To help sorta resolve this, I'm going to count the last pass as everyone getting their weapons in place and Taking Aim, with the appropriate bonus dice. I'm gonna try to be more :f5: to get this thing properly kicked off.

Drek goes limp and then the elevator hatch pops open, revealing the well-lit freight elevator. In the next second, Gabriel covers the thing in illusory flames and Jackie Neon, Miguel, and Boom-boom ready their weapons to open fire on the door the moment it opens. The guards would be blowing the doors any second, and the sight-lines were set up to mow them down if and when they did.

Initiative
21 Drek
17 Gabriel / Nightwalker* (Sustaining Illusion: FIRE)

14 Guards
12 Jackie Neon*
10 Marci / Boom Boom
05 Double-Tap / Mr. Netwon*
07 Roland / Miguel*
?? Meatsauce

* => On The Elevator

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Unless you guys have a great idea, I'm content in letting jackie hold off one more turn before he cracks the gently caress out and gets this show on the road.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
The guards are going to breach on their initiative turn. I'm giving Drek / Gabriel a chance to do whatever they want before it goes down, because they technically have initiative.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah, my intent wasn't to slow the show down, but more to just not walk into however many trained assault rifles are pointed at that door. Soon as the door pops I'm moving and we're not stopping until we hit the bank vault.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Readying actions to cut the lights and set off the fire system after the door is breached. Will obviously be suppressing calls to the fire dept. Will be piping in noted TrogRap artist JetBlack's latest single on this floor's PA system. Let's get this club bumpin' already!

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Gabriel smirks as the flames spring into being. The guards would quickly regret breaching this particular door.
Can I manipulate/change illusions with a complex action or do they have to stay pretty close to the original intent?

I'm going to delay and act at the same time as the guards. If one of them tries to come into the elevator they get an F:7 lightning bolt, if not then I'll have the the fire start spreading outwards with, if allowable within the rules, a fire spirit advancing out of them towards the guards to give the team a foothold. Also make sure nothing is actually on fire, though I don't know if breaching charges are likely/able to do that IRL or in game.

F:7 Lightning bolt #1 (-1 delayed, -2 sustaining): 12d6t5 5
Resist Drain - Lightning Bolt #1: 20d6t5 5
Drain resisted

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Newton grins, sets the timer on his grenade, and drops it into the elevator to await the guards!

Flashbang set to go off on the guards' IP! Don't forget, we aren't trying to murder all the police!

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Grenade(s) Out! [Everyone]

@Arkangelus: I'm going to say that you can't change the core intent. That is, you've got fire, it's fire. If you want it to move / spread / act like fire, that's fine.

The elevator doors come flying open, to the sides of the wall, and two concussion grenades come bounding inside. They detonate in the elevator proper, within milliseconds of each other, and there's enough residual force to rattle the elevator and everyone on top of it.

Everyone on top of the elevator needs to soak 4S at -4AP.

The moment after the grenades are over, four guards in heavy armor post up in the elevator door, two crouched, two standing behind them, all with machine guns. The fire is enough to convince them not to move forward, but the two crouched open up with suppressing fire into the elevator. Lucky for the lot of you, the fire seems to have hidden the fact that the roof hatch was open for the moment. Unluckily, it was a bit hard to see though, even knowing it was fake. Then a huge lightning bolt goes arching across the large, empty freight elevator, and grazes one of the guards, mostly getting ground out into the elevator itself. Then Mister Newton's grenade detonates in front of the troops, then, slamming into the four. Unluckily, only the one in the back seems bothered at all by the blast, and the automatic fire covering the interior of the elevator never stops.

The elevator is currently under Suppressing Fire, and anyone attempting to shoot the guards or whatever through the elevator opening is dealing with a Moderate Glare (-3) from the fire.

Initiative
21 Drek
14 Guards (3 @ 2 Damage, 1 @ 4 Damage)

12 Jackie Neon*
10 Marci / Boom Boom
05 Double-Tap / Mr. Netwon* (Used his Free Action to blow up the Stun Grenade)
07 Roland / Miguel*
?? Meatsauce

* => On The Elevator

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

"Miguel Vela"
2765 nY
0 k 3/3 Edge
0/9P 0/9S

Soak The Damage: 13d6t5 4

Miguel's flare compensators kick on automatically as fake fire fills the elevator, giving him a beautiful view of the security detail making a huge mess of the expensive paneling. Four of them, two high, two low and firing. Good form. Well-trained. Look up, idiots. Then on the main channel, Flashbang. "Bastardos estúpidos! Have a taste of this!"

Flashbang!: 9d6t5 3

The jar-shaped grenade flies down into the elevator, bounces once on the tile, rising back through the bullets to just about head height. Then everything goes white.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

And starring Jackie Neon as himself
"I GOT A PRESENT FOR YOU" Jackie shouts out as he primes a grenade on motion sense and drops it down between the two assholes suppressing, rocking the elevator with a loud BOOM.

HE GRENADE MOTION SENSOR: 8d6t5 4

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Murder Armor + BOD: 16d6t5 3

REROLL FAILURES 1 EDGE

REROLL FAILURES: 13d6t5 3

TOTAL 6 HITS ON SOAK

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

<< Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the wizzest club in DALLAAAAAAAAAAAS >>

The elevator doors blow open, and the world ignites. Triggering the Fire Suppression system and simultaneously blowing out the elevator lights in a shower of sparks, Drek sets the mood for the hottest single of 2076, blasting it over the floor's PA at absolute max volume.

TROG-rear end MOMMA
ELF-rear end DADDY

<< Let's get this party started, kids! >>

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 12, 2015

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Soak: 14d6t5 2

Newton hides the wince as some of the concussive grenades penetrates through the armor and shakes him up, then returns fire with both guns!

Burst Fire (-2 defense); 7S(e) damage, -7 AP: 14d6t5 7
Well ok mechanically it's technically just one gun but you get the idea I can fluff this as I want dammit. I have Flare Compensation; I think that cuts out the glare?

He also starts to get a bit TOO in character.

[@NotNeon This guy is throwing some heavy drek around - I thought we were aiming for NOT murdering all the security? Goddamn lunatic!]

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Concussion Grenade Soak: 13d6t5 5

RE: Illusion - Should I drop the illusion at Gabriel's next action or wait a little longer people?
Otherwise I want to see how Neon and Mr Newton's efforts play out before I commit to a course of action for next pass.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
@Viva Miriya: Jackie isn't wearing murderarmor. He's wearing whatever was on that sheet I gave you.

Grenade, Round 2 [Everyone]

Your group sends several more grenades through the elevator's opening, and they explode with a series of resounding booms. The HE grenade brings a quick stop to the suppressing fire, and it also takes some of the drywall below with it as the explosion shakes and rattles the building. Newton's autofire filles the elevator, tagging the last guard firing and sending him down hard. Then Miguel's stun grenade pops, too, and you can hear the blast resounding off the guards stacked up outside the elevator door. Then the sprinkler system triggers, raining water all over the floor below, and music starts blaring across the floor.

Initiative, Pass 2
10 Marci / Boom Boom (Held Action)

Initiative, Pass 3
21 Drek
2 Guards (3 Dead, 1 Unconscious, 1 @ 4 Damage, 1 @ 6 Damage, 1 @ 7 Damage, 1 @ 8 Damge)
2 Jackie Neon*

* => On The Elevator

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Between the sprinklers and the state of the guards Gabriel decides that the illusion has served its purpose and allows it to lapse.

If any of the guards are in visual range (targeting most damaged):
F:7 Lightning bolt #2: 15d6t5 4
Resist Drain - Lightning Bolt #2: 20d6t5 9
Drain resisted.

Else:

F:6 Armor on Jackie Neon: 13d6t5 3
Resist Drain - Armor #1: 20d6t5 7
Drain resisted.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boom Boom
31650 nY
+1 Reaction, +1 Charisma, +1 Perception +1 Intuition, +1 Logic +1 Willpower, +2 Mental limit, –1 Physical limit +1 Social Limit, High Pain Tolerance 1

The second the guard goes down, Boom Boom hops down into the elevator. She expected this, and her makeup is waterproof and her hair is gelled to the point where it only twitches slightly as the water runs off of it. She's more than a little horrified that Jackie is going to outright murder people here, but in for a pound...

Boom Boom quickly scouts the area and prepares to put another burst on anything else still hostile in the hallway ahead.

Sorry for being late. Dropping down into the elevator and covering the rest of the team with a Surpressive fire blast at 4 hits, if needed

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 12, 2015

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Drek frowns a bit. Huh. I thought they'd used some kind of gas based suppressant. Whoops. Hope their poo poo's waterproof. He cuts the sprinklers, but leaves the music blasting. It was a good track, and the team could just flip it off on their earbuds if they didn't like it. Humming the chorus to himself, Drek's Living Persona takes a step back and peers through the Host, espying the little roughened edges and notches that give away the Host's alert status.

>> Simple Action - Matrix Perception
>> Matrix Perception: 14d6t5 8 oh mygod.
>> Limited to 5 hits due to Sleaze Limit.
My mistake, I mistook the roll request and counted my Intution twice. Truncating the last 5 dice leaves me with a ridiculous 7 hits, reduced to 5 for Sleaze. Thankfully, nothing changes.

The entirety of the Host lays out in front of him as though he had lived there. The sudden flood of information is so great that he finds his mind begin to lose focus, drifting to non-important bullshit like lampshade colours and the heavily textured curtains over the bay windows. He shuts out the deluge. Stay on mission. Find the Spider, neutralize IC, crack the vault, get everyone out alive, less a few holes.

>> I'd like to find out a few things, in order of importance, and assuming I didn't already find these with my free Perception hits from Marks:
  • Hidden Icons
  • IC Status/type
  • Location of the Vault Controls
  • Whether the Vault Controls are secured, or if there are any traps to be disarmed.
  • Location of any VP or otherwise important person working in this building tonight.
  • Juicy paydata.

Now, with the information gleaned, Drek was ready to root out the opposing Hacker. No doubt they'd be on high alert with the all the gunfire erupting from the elevator. Assuming he wasn't already tagged, he'd need to preempt any attempts to eject his Persona from this Host. The last thing he needs is to lose control of the vault while the team's looting it.

>> Simple Action - Spot Hidden Icon
>> Spotting Hidden Icon: 9d6t5 4

Let's see what we can see.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Hey, this thread is a year and two days old! :toot:

The Ebbing Wave [Everyone]

@Arkangelus, Viva Miriya: Guards are most definitely out of range. Jackie enjoys 3 extra armor.

Boom-Boom's the first one into the elevator proper, and by now the four guards doing the original suppressing fire are all in a clump on the floor. Their four friends, the ones stacked up around the elevator, aren't stupid enough to move into the sustained line of fire, either. No, in fact, as Gabriel weaves an armor spell over Jackie and Drek goes to work, the remaining guards can be heard moving away from the door. In fact, Drek sees them hunkering down behind the large, long office tables in the room immediately outside of the elevator.

The beige boxes to the south of the elevator on the map are the furniture in question. You all have a moment or two to jump down and compose yourselves before reinforcements show up. Hop on down the elevator and get ready for round two with another initiative roll. Or do something else if you don't like this approach.

Drek

Drek hits the host hard, gliding through the marble-modeled towers looking like little more than a glitch in the foundation. He tags six dozen icons running silent across this floor alone, which likely meant everything from VP commlinks to combat team 'ware. The bank's IC didn't currently seem after him, but that was a matter of time, and from the look of it, it'd be Russian and unforgiving. They certainly had a team of spiders running all over the place, trying to clean up messes, but hey, when your work was that good, finding your marks were a needle in a haystack. And then whammo, a map of the system. Vault controls? Sure, here was a document on it. Isolated circuit, off the grid, hardline-wired. The sort of poo poo Drek would need physical access and a few seconds to take down. Well, they never said it would be easy...

pre:
BB: Boom-Boom, MN: Mister Newton, MI: Miguel, NW: Nightwalker, TR: Toro, DR: Drek

Current Payout [Units: 1000Y]

BB MN MI NW TR
Base Payout       40 40 40 40 40
Plane Jump Line       2  2

BB MN MI NW TR DR
Base Payout      40 40 40 40 40 40
Plane Jump Line      2  2
Elevator Breach         2
Elevator Breach   1  2  2  2     2

Current Royalties (Units: Percentage)

BB   MN   MI   NW   TR  DR
Base Payout        .10  .10  .10  .10  .10  .10
Plane Jump Line    .000 .005 .005 .000 .000 .000
Elevator Breach    .000 .005 .005 .000 .000 .000
Elevator Combat I  .002 .005 .005 .005 .000 .005

Current Film Gross Estimate: 500,000
Current Bank Take: 0

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

"Miguel Vela"
2765 nY
0 k 3/3 Edge
0/9P 0/9S

Miguel winces at the HE blast.

[@NotNeon: God knows, guess that means we treat him as a liability, not an asset, then. Remember, he's still our camera, so make sure you're in FRONT of him. Go whole hog to put people on the floor before he can get to 'em and make sure he's not gangland executing people or some poo poo.]

As if to prove the point, Miguel heaves himself through the hatch, down into what's left of the elevator.

Initiative: 2d6+11 21

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Edge: 1/1 Physical: 0/9 Stun: 1/11 Wound Modifier: 0 Spirit Services: 2/2

Initiative #2: 13+4d6 28

On hearing the guards start retreating Gabriel quickly changes plans. He allows the just-cast armor spell to unravel then jumps into the elevator, hoping that he can get LOS before the shooting starts again.

Gonna cast Mind Probe on himself then try to peak out and catch one of the guards.
F:6 Mind probe on guard: 13d6t5 4
Resist Drain - Mind Probe: 20d6t5 5
1 stun damage unresisted.

If there are net hits information priority is
1. guard's immediate plans
2. from where and when are reinforcements coming
3. how many reinforcements

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

>> Given the number of hidden icons running on the Host, spotting a single persona with nothing to recognize seems like a pointless action.

Drek frowns. Russian IC was known for being especially brutal. Banks didn't like to gently caress around. Hm. Too much rust in this scrapheap. Better to just keep the gloves on and grab what I need. Let the Simstars downstairs play loud. He keys his comm icon, his Matrix-distorted voice filters over the radiowaves like advice from heaven.

<< A little bird told me what I need to do to crack open the vault. Bad news is I can't do it from here -- separate network. I'll need another hard link once we get downstairs, shouldn't be too hard, assuming we're all in once piece. >>

Drek flips the camera-shaped icon around and pulls up the feeds from downstairs. Sure enough, the four remaining guards have taken up defensible positions, toppling chairs and flipping tables in an effort to stem the 'Runners violent onslaught.

<< Good news is I've got eyes on our last four friends. I've marked them on your AR. Looks like they're waiting for reinforcements. They won't be making any moves until either their friends show up or we do. Should have time for a quick breather. >>

He pulls up the schematics, makes a note, and feeds the image to the team.

<< If I may make a suggestion? This wall directly to our left that I've highlighted leads to some pretty spacious offices. If we can pop that wall we've got a pretty straight shot right to the elevators and stairwell. If we're quick and quiet enough we might be able to cut off those reinforcements, or at least pull the battle to someplace less cramped. >>

Finally, Drek takes a second to check his Overwatch Score and status of his Marks on the Host. That finished, he busily flips through the camera feeds for incoming CorpSec.

<< I'm keeping a low profile down here. IC isn't snooping around for me and the Spiders are busy putting out all the little fires we've started. I'll try to get eyes on that reinforcement team and run interference if we need to slow them down, but I'd rather not risk blowing my cover when it could still be useful. >>

>> I'd like to slow down the reinforcements and buy us a little time. What sort of roll would that require?

Initiative - Matrix: 4d6+11 21

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 15, 2015

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Double Tap Mr Newton Edge: 7/7

"Someone throw a grenade over their cover and hide in the walls if you can; I'll flank 'em!!"

Initiative: 12+2d6 18

QN dammit respond to my stupid plan in IRC so I know if I can try it or not! I just realized I never counted my recovered Edge hahaha.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Still waiting on a few inits...

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Boom Boom
31650 nY

Boom Boom nods, reloads, and takes position. She really really wishes she had time to clean her astral.

[i]27 init

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Into The Breach Bank [Everyone]

Initiative
28 Guards
28 Gabriel / Nightwalker