Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Sorry about the slow posting recently; I got a cold that just won't quit.

Double-Tap swaggers up to the front of the building and starts bullshitting with Xavier, spinning a web of distraction on the guard while everyone else moves into place. Even on camera, it's hard to tell him from the real thing. Marcina sticks by Kenneth and the unconscious Jorge for a moment at the south end of the building. When Gabriel arrives back in his body, he marks the location of the other two guards on AR. Then he, Alfred, and Sparrow start heading for the southern side of the building.

Here's an updated map.

Remember that Hardline has disabled the three cameras covering the south side of the building, but once everyone is past the entrance camera he can turn that back on and toggle other cameras instead. I need a Sneaking roll for the vehicle moving past, and to know if it's being pushed in neutral or whatever. Double-Tap has Xavier well-distracted, facing the wrong way, so he's only got audio perception you're rolling against. I'll wait about 24 hours for people to post those rolls or other plans of action.

Double-Tap can easily keep Xavier busyfor upwards of five minutes before I ask for another roll.

@Ronwayne: If you want Marcina to sneak up to the ladder (which I've now marked on the map), roll Sneaking to get past the camera on the east wall using its blind spots (and to go unnoticed by the guard hanging out by the food area).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
How do my invisibility hits factor into the roll?

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
The timing's gonna be a bit touchy but basically, here's how it'll go.

1) Van drives into southern area without being seen (or is pushed), Marcina gets on roof. ROLLS: Marcina is Quiet, Sparrow is stealthy or trolls are strong.
2) DT returns on patrol, walks past northern guard. ROLLS: Potentially DT is Impersonating.
3) Now with DT out of sight, Marcina releases invis and phys mask for BEEEEES wait I mean WAAAAASPS. ROLLS: Marina casts an illusion
4) WASPS are there to scare northern guard and distract him while Sparrow drives/is pushed north to the docking bay, our hacker changes cameras, and the trolls open the docking bay door. ROLLS: Sparrow is stealthy or trolls are strong. Then trolls are strong.
5) Marcina climbs down ladder now that cameras are off, we all enter, close docking bay door. No rolls needed, I hope.

I admit I've not actually planned for our escape yet but...EH. WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT. No use overplanning!

For now, Sparrow, decide on trying to stealth drive up or get the trolls to STRENGTHPUSH you up and roll (or they roll) accordingly, Marcina roll your Be Quiet check or at least I assume it's a Be Quiet check.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Sparrow Edge: 3/3

<< yo im gonna roll up as close as i feel comfortable >>
<< throw this in neutral and turn it off >>
<< and we gotta push >>
<< and by we i mean not me >>
<< safest way to deal with thermals and stuff >>

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
I need Sneaking rolls from Sparrow (driving sneaking), Alfred, and Gabriel (assuming they're both helping push, but only from whoever is). The distracted guy at the front is the only guy perceiving, and said pushing will impart a DP penalty to spotting you (beyond the penalty for being distracted).

@Ronwayne: I thought you were still sustaining improved invis on Kenneth for some reason. Your hits on Improved Invis are almost certainly enough to just slip by; the guard and camera get to resist it. If the guard resists, he gets to roll perception against your Sneaking. If the camera does, the guard watching the cameras gets to roll perception against your Sneaking.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Sparrow keeps a careful eye on the building as she guides the van in through the south.

Belated Stun Recovery: 5d6t5 2
Vehicle Stealth (intution): 7d6t5 4 -2 sustain -1 stun lol

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
2/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7hits), ImpInvis (4 hits), Physmask on DT, (4hits)
Drugs: +1 Intu, +1 Log, +1 MLimit
Phys Init 14+4d6

Marcina moves for the roof.

3 2hits+3 more hits from edge reroll. (christ) for a total of 5 on sneak roll. ed sustain applies so i guess knock off one hit from the end there.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 27, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
@Ronwayne: that roll isn't sufficient to sneak by. Wanna edge it? Edit: got it!

@Atlatl: that roll is sufficient, assuming your pusher(s) can sneak by.

@Arkangelus, @Thanatosian: Gimmie them sneaking rolls.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 27, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos

Yeah if it's all the same I think Gabriel is just gonna stay inside the van for now. Unless it's too late for that/i'm missing something.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

"Whose the better bet to grab the unlucky charms, Gabe? Is touching these things more likely to result in something like getting your heart torn out of your chest, or getting your soul ripped out through your eyes? And is there a chance the spellslinger who owns them might try to personally do one of the two?" Alfred asks.

As the van sidles up near the auction house, Alfred slips out at Sparrow's signal. As surreptitiously as possible, he slides behind the van, braces against the ground, and gives it a light push, attempting to bring it to a stop shortly before the loading dock.

Sneak-pushing the van into the loading dock (Sneak): 5d6t5 3

Sneak-pushing the van into the loading dock (Strength): 8d6t5 2

Sneak-pushing the van into the loading dock (Body): 11d6t5 3

Looking at the "lifting/carrying" rules, it's supposed to be Str + Body for that; I wasn't sure if you would consider a push similar or not, so I rolled them separately; count them as you will.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 27, 2014

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Kenneth

Kenneth moves along with Marcina whispering to the group over comms, <<Where do you need me? I know you said not to group up, should I leave Marcina alone?>>

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

Alfred, Sparrow, and Gabriel slide on inside the auction house property, edging ever so carefully by the thermal sensors nice and slow and eventually arriving at the southern side of the building via troll power. Once there, Hardline gives up editing the team out of the front camera and instead starts doing it for the rear one, opening up movement on the back-side of the building. In the interim, the interior guard who was eating foods from the prep area seems to get bored indulging herself and starts heading back northward, disappearing from the view of the windows. Marcina vanishes up the eastern side of the building, dodging the camera and anyone that might see her and climbing up the ladder onto the roof. A moment later, Kenneth begins to follow her.

Double-Tap is still at the front keeping Xavier busy, discussing the finer points of hand-rolled tobacco, but the two of them see the guard on the north side of the building walking down to join them. When he arrives, he nods. "Xavier, Jorge. Taking a smoke break from the walkabout? Victor just radioed me, told me to get your sorry asses back on the job."

Updated Map

@malikial: I'll need a stealth roll if you want to follow Marcina up to the roof.

ROLLS: Marcina summoning her Wasp illusion. Double-Tap talking to Victor. Kenneth rolling Stealth if he's following Marcina.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 28, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
2/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7hits), ImpInvis (4 hits), Physmask on DT, (4hits)
Phys Init 14+4d6

<<In position, let me know when to go with Plan B(ees). Give me a few seconds too to clean up my astral before I fire this one off.>>

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos

"Re: your first questions: beyond the sickness in the stomach anyone who knows their purpose should feel they should be safe to touch. If y'all are worried about it I can handle it though. As for the last, my certainty that he's going to try to do that regardless is my main motive for jackin' 'em. I called 'em batteries for a reason. They make a bad dude badder. This way, if we go toe to toe blastin' him ain't gonna be no thing."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Double Tap

[ Alright. Be ready. On my mark. ]

Impersonation: 12d6t5+3 8

"Alright, alright. Back to walking in circles and hoping one of those wasps don't sting me. Of course, YOU gotta stand right next to the drat nest. I'm surprised you aren't trying to stay on this side of the building as much as you can; haven't seen them over here."

DT walks back up with the northern guard and resumes "patrol." And as soon as he turns the corner, away from the guard...

[ Now. Remove my spell and send the biggest - if still believable - cloud of wasps you can at Mr North. Make it loud. Distract him, scare him away. You're sort of the lynchpin right now Mary Sue, but I know you can sling that voodoo, and YOU know you can sling that voodoo, so go on and prove us both right. You wouldn't want the two beautiful people in the group to be let down, would you? ]

Leadership (Direct): 11d6t5 3

Mary Sue gets +3 dice to her spellcasting

DT moves next to the docking bay door, figuring how easy it would be to pop open - and how loud.

[ Car Team, start heading up. ]

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge
Spells: Increase Reflexes (7hits), BEEEZ (6hits)
Phys Init 14+4d6

<<Aww DT, you really know how to make a fellow narcistic sociopath feel special.>> Marcina drops the two spells, clears her head as she tries to clear some of the astral, breathes deeply and....

A faint melody, just outside the edge of hearing, and then:

BEEEEEEEEEZ

Dropping my Invis and DT's physical mask, spending as many turns feasible clearing up those spells' astral sigs, and then
Trid Phantasm: BEEZ@ 6 hits
No Drain

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

<< ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh >>
<< you two i swear >>
<< yeah whatever, moving >>

steering the van on up to the dock

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Everyone

The bees pour down from the roof, swarming toward the northern guard. With a small yell he runs toward the front of the building away from the bees, and soon enough comes to Xavier. The two of them, pursued by the wasps, duck inside. A minute later, Jorge's comm lights up like a Christmas tree. Xavier's on the other side, asking if he's okay and warning him to the wasps' presence. He says they the captain is on the phone with a 24-hour exterminator service while Sparrow's van rolls up, silently, to the northern loading dock. A quick assensing check reveals that all of the guards are ducked down in the staff room, with the camera operator on the phone to the exterminator service. The van's in position at the dock, with Marcina on the roof and everyone else standing about at the loading dock's door.

CRIME TIME! Someone open that door and let's get to work.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 31, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Double Tap

DT begins...jogging rigorously in place.

[ We have ourselves a time limit boys and girls - the exterminator. On the bright side, no more guards. Once we pop this door open we're running two teams - one to the office, one to the safe. Sparrow, get two drones in here moving forward as forward scout. Marcina, you and Kenneth take the safe; Kenneth's on point behind the drone and bodyguard otherwise, Marcina, you handle security otherwise. Gabriel, Alfred, you're both Awakened, you go for the foci - and Alfred, if those things actually call up something nasty, use your sword if you think it's safe, but if there's any risk, we leave without them. They're expecting me to stay active so I may be tied up. I'll monitor and advise best I can, running interference otherwise. Guns with non-lethal and silencers ready. Go fast, but more importantly, go quiet. Now then, if one of our two troll gentlemen could be so kind as to get the door for us - let's do this. ]

Now out of breath, he stops jogging and answers the second commlink.

"Y-yeah, I heard the noise and ran for the other end. Didn't follow me down here. Should I stay here so we still got someone outside, or go in where it's safe? I mean we need someone out here but...drek man, I don't wanna be the next one they go after!"

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
@ProfessorCirno: I need an impersonation check since Marcina dropped the physical mask.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
If it helps it's purely over the commlink, I'm not talking to them in person since I walked ahead of North Guard pre-beeees

Impersonation: 12d6t5 3

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

<< sending one in >>

She issues an order to the closest fly spy to head inside, leading the way for the others who would be going in. The rotors on her two combat drones spin up as they unlatch from their open cases and take to the air.

<< just lemme know if it starts getting broke dick in there >>

Flyspy Stealth: 9d6t5 2
Flyspy Clearsight: 9d6t5 2
reminder that the flyspies also have motion detectors, ultrasound, and MAD

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge
Phys Init 14+4d6

Marcina hops down, busts out her pick set, and goes to work. "Man, looks like the security system at this place is a bit->> Click, click, click

<Buggy>

2 hits Not sure if that's sufficient and/or if this is extended or what.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Kenneth

Kenneth moves up to the loading area and waits patiently for directions, grumbling out, "Never stole anything before, yall just tell me what heavy things you need lifted." He grins as he speaks. Obviously not minding being the muscle.

Stealth roll from before 5d6t5: 0
HAHAHA OK edge that
Edge Rerolls5d6t5: 2

malikial fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 1, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

<< that is a terrible joke >>
<< you are terrible >>
<< you should be ashamed of yourself >>

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

Well, Twinkle-toes? You ready to really piss off some juju-thrower? I'll follow you to these things.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Double-Tap

You pull off the impersonation almost flawlessly, and Xavier seems convinced. All too late you realize, though, that you must have vanished off the cameras, right until Xavier goes, "poo poo man, I can see you ducked down by the kitchens. Looks like the wasps are mostly swarming the front door anyway. Captain's saying he doesn't give a poo poo about watching the outside: ain't like anyone gonna gently caress with those wasps, right? I'll get down there and open the kitchen delivery door for you, get you in safe. Cap says the exterminators'll be here in like twenty minutes."

Curse that decker: when the physical mask dropped, he must have kept Jorge's ghost on the monitors, running down and hiding by the south side of the building away from the wasps.

Marcina

You busy yourself with the card reader maglock on the roll-up door. It takes you nearly 10 seconds to remove the housing with your lockpick set, but the internal mechanism goes in another six. All told, you have the maglock disengaged in about fifteen seconds.

Opening case: Door Lock [Extended 1] 9d6Cgte5: 1, Door Lock [Extended 2] 8d6Cgte5: 3, Door Lock [Extended 3] 7d6Cgte5: 3
Rewiring the circuits: Disengaging Door Lock [Extended 1] 9d6Cgte5: 4, Disengaging Door Lock [Extended 2] 9d6Cgte5: 6

Everyone

The lot of you pile out of the van while Marcina works on the door's lock and Double-Tap... jogs in place before answering the stolen comm. He has a short exchange with the guard on the other end, and learns the exterminators will show up in about twenty minutes. Marcina takes about fifteen seconds on the door, and then it begins to roll up, the gear system whining silently as it hoists the loading bay door up. One of the flyspys slips inside, grabbing visuals of the interior. Over your comm comes the decker: <<Had to drop more of the external cameras to get the interior ones. Yall good inside, but the guards are bunched up in the staff room. Be careful. Oh, one of them is headed south. Marking locations.>>

New Map. I've marked 'hacked' cameras in blue. One of you could attempt a Hardware test to physically loop exterior cameras so that Hardline could take care of more internal ones, but otherwise he can only cover three at a time and two of those are currently pointed at the van.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
1/3 edge
Phys Init 14+4d6

"cmonnnn" clCLINK whrrrr. <Bam. There's magic and there's magic. Sparrow, for the record, shame is what little people feel when they suck at life. Right now, we're awesome.>> Marcina climbs on in and moves for the vaults first door and gets ready to crack it as well. <<Guard my rear end while I work.>>

You've got the stats so I guess it'd be better if you roll the dice, since you know the threshholds

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

<< im already guarding your rear end >>
<< i cant guard it any harder >>

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Marcina

The outer vault door is large and well-secured, opened via a high-end card reader with an anti-tamper circuit. It takes you about a half-minute.

Dismantling the Lock (Extended Test, Locksmith + Agility - 2 vs 12)
Dismantling the Lock [Ext 1] 9d6Cgte5: 3
Dismantling the Lock [Ext 2] 8d6Cgte5: 2
Dismantling the Lock [Ext 3] 7d6Cgte5: 3
Dismantling the Lock [Ext 4] 6d6Cgte5: 1
Dismantling the Lock [Ext 5] 5d6Cgte5: 2
Dismantling the Lock [Ext 6] 4d6Cgte5: 2
Bypassing the Anti-Tamper Circuit (Locksmith + Agility - 2 vs 3)
Bypassing Anti-Tamper Circuit 9d6Cgte5: 1
Bypassing Anti-Tamper Circuit (Edge Reroll) 8d6Cgte5: 3 Close one!, -1 Edge
Picking the Lock (Extended Test, Locksmith + Agility - 2 vs 12)
Picking the Lock [Ext 1] 9d6Cgte5: 5 4
Picking the Lock [Ext 2] 8d6Cgte5: 3
Picking the Lock [Ext 3] 7d6Cgte5: 4
Picking the Lock [Ext 4] 6d6Cgte5: 3

The door clicks open and the hinges give way, smoothly opening to reveal the interior of the inner vault. You take a moment to look over the interior, but you don't see anything obviously trapped: no pressure pads, laser grids, or anything else. When you start to step inside, however, it's like stepping into a waterfall. There's a monumental maelstrom of magic inside the safe, pouring out of two dozen different crates and boxes. It's enough to send chills down your spine, and you can feel your sustained spells unravel within the ward.

What do you do?

Everyone

Kenneth positions himself in the interior, near the vault door, protecting Marcina while she works. She opens the door and takes a step inside while Gabriel and Alfred position themselves at the northern end of the hallway leading to the office. Double-Tap seems preoccupied with his commlink, and Sparrow's got a spare moment to check Ello for status updates.

@malikial: Kenneth just watched Marcina step inside and go stiff as a board, like she's about to freak out. Does he follow? If so, he also feels the maelstrom of energy, stifling and oppressive.

@Thanatosian, Arkangelus: What do you do to get the foci? Do you walk right in front of the cameras, or break them, or what? Got masks? You could retroactively buy them; I sorta assume everyone is in a mask or something. Otherwise you can try to get Atlatl to invisible the van so the decker can cover those cameras inside.

@ProfessorCirno: What are you doing about Xavier's helpfulness? He's expecting Jorge down at the southern end of the building soon.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 4, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos

Gabriel shakes off the last minute jitters slaps Alfred's shoulder. "Alright big guy, let's do this." Sidling over to Sparrow he asks "You think you can make this van disappear so Mr. Digital can ah, refocus his efforts? Or I guess I could try my hand at rewiring the cameras out there, can't be too hard right?"
Turning back to Alfred he remembers something and smiles "You got a bag or something, right?"

I figure masks on a planned op probably falls under incidentals that we probably all have. Otherwise retroactive buying is fine yeah.

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 4, 2014

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

"I can't get it to work on something so big," she explains. "Maybe if it was a motorcycle, but even then... Best I can try and do is mask it, but - like I said - too big to get consistent results."

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

Alfred momentarily glowers at Gabriel's hit, decides not to make a big deal of it for now, and hits his commlink.

<<Hey, Marcina, is there any way you can get those bees to swarm over the cameras out by the docking bay, blocking their sight? Are these the kind of illusion that can block cameras? Gabe and I need to not be detected upstairs, so giving the decker a break from the cameras out here would help a bunch.>>

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos

"Hah, you're a genius. Why didn't I think of that? I can take care of the illusion but I'll have to stay out here. Fortunately I'm like 95% sure the fetishes aren't cursed or anything silly like that. Alternatively I could just short them out."

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 4, 2014

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

Alfred fixes Gabriel with a glare. "Okay, but if these end up being cursed or magically trapped, you'd better hope they kill me."

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos

"I respect that, I guess I should be a bit more accurate though. Closer to 86% sure. Couldn't get a read on the Quetzalcoatl. Maybe knock that one into the bag with your sword or something to be safe. I'm not an alchemist but it seems illogical to make the trigger 'touches anything other than this shelf'."

Question for QN: My ooc understanding is that it's not super easy to magically trap something like this in a way that Gabriel's inspection would have missed. Am I missing something that Gabriel would be marginally aware of?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Marcina
12590 nY
0/3 edge
Phys Init 14+4d6

Ordinarily, cracking something that high end would've made her feel even more awesome, but right now she's trying to avoid nasuea and panic attacks. <Uhh, g-guys? We got a box of like. Pure loving evil. Saturday morning cartoon evil black fumes wafting around and such. We just going to grab the whole safe and run with that poo poo inside or what?>

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
@Arkangekus: There were no magical traps on the fetishes you could see, and your assensing was high enough to detect any. That does not include electronic traps, though. No saying there are some, just clarifying.

The wasps dropped out when Marcina stepped inside the vault.

@Ronwayne: There are technically too many auras and powers to pin them down with some assensing (which has its own risks). The room is a clash of traditions and powers, all barely quieted by the ward wrapping it.

There is still another door to the innermost vault.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Here's an updated map. I guess at the locations of Gabriel and Double-Tap.

If anyone wants to start searching through boxes in the vault, they should roll Perception at -2 DP due to the energy there. Any sustained spells must make a test against the ward's power to continue functioning, as per Core, p. 316. Any mage attempting to bridge the gap and sustain / bring foci should roll Magic + Charisma [Astral] vs 16DP.

There's still another vault door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Alfred Nobel

<<I fraggin' hate milk runs. Marcina, Ken, first find the manuscripts, then see if there's any other drek worth taking in there. I don't know about you, but I think we should at least make sure we make it out of here with something worthwhile. Gabe, cover me on the cameras out here, once he's got that going, Hardline cover me on the cameras in there. Double Tap, any way you can trap the guards in the staff room? I have a feeling things are going to get hot.>>

• Locked thread