Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Pity that cross ange is actually a vehicle for titties, titties and more titties. Just from the description it seemed potentially interesting. I guess the eternal anime hipster Dick Spacious CPA was actually helpful for once, so thanks I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Trinity Seven had this bizarre disconnect where the first chapter was kind of grim but then it immediately jumped into a generic magic high school harem situation. So, don't be fooled by the first episode.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Revolver Bunker posted:

Still way better then Mahouka.

Mahouka is anime mein kampf, so it would kind of have to be.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Horizon is about tossing literally everything some guy can think of at a wall and seeing what sticks, only the wall is made of glue and the objects thrown are all made of feces. In short- a huge stinking, nonsensical mess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess great big ol' titties.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So a woman who had no problem with a guy creeping on his pre-pubescent sister thought the rest of the show was too rapey.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

She said that that was fine because it was meant to evoke horror rather than presented as fanservice, which I guess makes sense? :shrug:

This was in a show where a lingering panty shot immediately preceded an anal rape scene. Of course it was loving fanservice. The point is, even a crazy lady who makes excuses for incest and pedophilia couldn't like the show.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Hey, any season with three very solid yet distinct comedies is okay in my book.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

It seems like the Hollywood Ghost in the Shell movie has found its Major. An Aussie actress named Margot Robbie.

http://ajw.asahi.com/article/cool_japan/anime_news/AJ201409300046

We've already seen the worst major thanks to Alive. So really, she can only improve on the role no matter how good or bad the rest of the movie might be.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Log horizon never had anything to do with vr and no, they probably aren't leaving any time soon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I think the art in the manga is charming. That's the only nice thing I have to say about World Trigger, and I am the only person to have said anything nice about it in adtrw that I've noticed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Didn't watch Cross Ange, but I've also heard it referred to as the second coming of SEED, complete with screens of similar looking shots from the OP and episode.

Seed didn't end its first episode with Kira's implied anal rape. So I'd say cross ange is a step up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Wark Say posted:

While I still wasn't a goon when it first aired (even if I started lurking around that time), didn't a few goons also dismissed Psycho-Pass altogether due the first two episodes being piss-poor and underwhelming respectively? I mean, I have no guarantees that this Cross Ange thing is going to be good (some dudes already reported back and said it was boring, :stare: factor non-withstanding), but shouldn't we give it a 3-episode test at the very least?

Oh for sure. It was like when a show about blatant pedophilia aired, and adtrw was all 'hey that's gross, don't talk about pedo poo poo here' but I knew that I should give it a chance because it was always possible that it could be the best anime ever made.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Seven Deadly Sins is pretty solid shounen, but it never rises past that. It only compares favorably to hxh in that it actually comes out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

madmac posted:

Pretty much, yeah. Seven Deadly Sins is very consistently good, but it somehow never manages to kick things up a notch and hit awesome. It's odd that way.

I'm interested to see if the animated version manages to improve on the manga in any way.

Well, it isn't very surprising. Kongou Banchou was his debut work and it was very unconventional at times, but it was never very popular. So, seven deadly sins just about always plays it safe.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

He really isn't, he's just more of it than what the manga would have made him seem at this point and I had no better wording for that.

Refreshingly little GS is also in the MC of Trinity Seven, the style of the artist gets to me the way Seven Sins does, it's gonna get harem but at least it's tasteful and fun about it.

Ha ha, sucker! Trinity Seven is as rote and unimaginative as a harem manga can get. That weird setup with the black sun and unreliable memories? That's gone, and from now on it is 100% high school plus titties.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, some of the main cast are friends and some aren't, but they don't draw power from it either way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The vast majority of any given given season is complete trash. So this season has a lesbian rape show instead of a harem incest show, overt pedophilia show, or gundam age. Oh no, anime has declined!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Isn't cross ange just a cynical piece of garbage that does things purely to shock and titillate its subhuman target audience (I haven't actually watched it)? I don't see how you can compare that to mahouka, which is an earnest attempt at great literature by a talentless hack who is sexually aroused by oligarchies. It is like comparing a pile of poo poo to an incredibly realistic, painstakingly carved statue of a pile of poo poo. Neither is very appealing to have around, but at least one required some effort to produce.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

Basically. Valvrave was an incredible roller coaster of incredibly insane things happening, and constantly getting more crazy.

Which is awesome.

That is exactly why Argevollen is nothing like Valvrave aside from the whole 'piloting this mech hurts the pilot' thing, which is hardly a new idea. See, Argevollen is boring. The fights are boring, the story is boring, the characters are boring. If you don't count the trashy shows involving erection energy and incessant lesbian rape, I'd say that Argevollen is the worst mecha show of the year. If a show is flashy and dumb, it is a lot easier to disguise the fact that it is poorly written than if you try (and fail miserably) at a serious story.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

chumbler posted:

That reminds me, where is season 2 of Majestic Prince, a mecha show that was actually pretty good. Or at least better than iy really had any right to be.

In a season with three new IP mecha shows I don't think any of us were expecting MP to end up being the best one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

Is that just Cross Ange both times, or is there another trashy mecha show that I am unaware of?

Last season there was some show that I forget the name of where the main character's horniness was the source of his power. No one ever mentioned it after the first episode, so I never bothered to try watching it. The robot only had one arm, I think?

Captain Earth was never more (or less) than mediocre.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
A joyless pedant who is completely convinced that their personal preferences are objectively correct would be the best person to review cross ange, yes. Any remotely tolerable person has too much to live for.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I finally got around to watching a couple episodes of world trigger. As apparently the only person who likes the manga, the problem with the anime was very obvious. For some reason, the anime reproduced the manga's art style much more thoroughly than most adaptations ever bother with. This looks like rear end. The manga's art style does not work well in motion.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
life sexy? it is now!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
To clarify, the virginity thing is an angelic curse because angels are dicks. She didn't have any particular limitation on her powers originally. The primary conflict is that Marie keeps using her powers to stop wars and help people, but most people don't want their wars stopped and angels don't want anyone essentially performing miracles. So while it is kind of skeezy it isn't ln-grade trash.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, the original material isn't good or bad enough to predict how the anime will turn out. It is all up to how good the adaptation is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If you think it needs a thread then make a drat thread. No one cares enough about the anime or the manga of tokyo ghoul to ever bother trolling it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Someone posted in this thread a huge event in the second tokyo ghoul manga for completely inexplicable reasons. No one really cared, because that is the default reaction to the franchise. Then Grouchio started whining about how there wasn't a thread for tokyo ghoul due to the (self-imposed) draconean thread posting restrictions. In response to the unreasonably vicious internet people, Grouchio decided to do the cruelest thing he could think of- spoil another unremarkable show no one really cares about. Truly, he is history's greatest monster. :godwin:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Why, if someone used the ignore feature they might miss out on a gun show Shinji avatar. No one should ever miss out on gun show Shinji.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

chumbler posted:

Clearly they should just make a 40K anime.

40k is already more anime than anime itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Davincie posted:

warn me when we get a sequel to the better series, nichibros

Unfortunately, it seems that the author can't hit quite that high again. Zai x 10 isn't bad, but it is no nichibros.

• Locked thread