Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Happy to Test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Vote for Scenario 1

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I Choose you!
Carla Thompson: Police Dispatcher, 22 4 2; Police Station: Once per round when performing a search at the police station you may look at and keep 1 additional card.
Andrew Evans: Farmer, 12 3 3; Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I'd really rather you had dealt with a zombie at the police station because thats where I'm headed and its about to get dangerous there at the end of the turn. Basically my two characters are going to be camped at the Police Station and Grocery Store, respectively to dig for needed items. Remember that I can trade and pass off additional weapons if needed, and I have a better chance of getting them with Carla. It'd help with efficiency. After I've armed one of mine I'm happy to begin passing the rest out.

As for both turn food and the mission objective, I'll make the claim that I can handle things easily between the farmer and other factors.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Carla to Police Station
Carla Search (2)
Andrew to Grocery Store
Andrew Search (3)

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Keep all cards
Andrew Equips Hammer
Andrew builds TWO BARRICADES for the price of one (4) at Grocery Store
Carla plays Outsiders
Play Food 1 into the Colony
Place two cards into the Main Scenario Objective

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Relax guys, I know what I'm doing.

Maybe

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Max Peck posted:

Mm, for what it's worth 2 cards into the crisis is a waste. If no one's sabotaged, 6 isn't any better than 5; if someone did, non-matching cards count negative so you've only gotten us to 4.

It's not the Crisis, its the main scenario objective

quote:

Victory: All non-exiled players must have 1 weapon equipped to a survivor they control. Players have placed 2 food cards under this objective cards for each player that started the game (starter food items do not count). Players may place 2 non-starter food cards under this objective at any time during their turn

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
And I literally have no way to help on the Crisis. I can get us to our victory condition very quickly, but thats about it.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I was traveling when Kerro sent me the PM that the game was back on, and just had a chance to sit down and start earlier. Sorry I wasn't around for the planning during others turns, I should have made my intentions clearer to begin with.

That said, I believe we can soak this loss. I'll get my turn again, with an extra action die from another individual, and I can continue to handle both food and weapons issues. The hammer isn't a weapon sadly, but after I get my first weapon you can request one from me, and I'll pass the card to you. We should get everyone ready to go quickly before things have a chance to degenerate further.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Kerro posted:

Sorry for the lack of update despite your all being so active in the thread! I've been busy at work but will resolve the last actions in about 40 minutes.

No worries!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Would you guys hate me forever if I admitted that after I already made my play 1/end turn submission, I realized I had one in my hand from the starter?

A little bit.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Guess who is probably going to the Hospital to hang with everyone!

Or another location with others that will make better use of his ability

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
You know, I could have sworn the limit was 3 but I've forgotten most of the rules. Whoops! So much for my plans. Also you guys all got a traitor, should probably do something about that.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Max Peck posted:

It is. Carla got a frostbite from moving to the police station, a wound from the failed crisis, and another frostbite from the start of your turn.

Yeah, I completely spaced on the injury rules since the last time I played I had the Doctor and immediately healed injuries as they came up.

Move Jon Price to Police Station
Copy The Accountant Dude's Power
Jon Searches (4)
Andrew Builds 2 Barricades (1)
Andrew Searches (5)
Play 3 "1 Food" cards into Supply

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Oh, and Remove my last Die

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Let's vote to exile Poison Mushroom.

Also, revising from hate a little to hate a lot after losing my character. We'll just ignore the whole thing about me being ignorant of frostbite and not thinking things through.

I'm partially joking but the traitor played their hand on T1, and its one of 3 people. I don't necessarily think it was Poison Mushroom, but we should take a closer look at everyone's action last turn. I'll think about calling a vote on my turn.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Poison Mushroom posted:

That's insane. "I don't think it was necessarily PM who was the traitor, but let's vote to exile her anyways". Just call a spade a loving spade, man.

Sorry, I was intending the first two parts to be meant jokingly, hence the whole "let's ignore all my mistakes".

I am looking over the last turn just to see if anything stands out. But we do have an opportunity here to potentially help our team. I honestly don't know who, I was just referencing your statement about the medicine. And no, i don't think you would have told us if you were the traitor. So that narrows it down a bit further.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
If we knew how many Food cards were in the Starter I am pretty sure I can tell you who the traitor is.

and sure, lets Request Food

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Everything has to get played when its requested. Cheers!

I'm going to double check things real quick.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Whoops. Sorry Kerro, I'll go over the changes again. I forgot some of them in the gap between signing up and it starting. In that case, Hold Food cards.

After concluding my investigation, I can confidently say that Tarbrush is the Traitor, and furthermore I believe him to be a Serial Killer.

Initiate Vote on Tarbrush

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Its me trying to cover my bases as far as secrecy goes, but I can account for 9/10 of the starter cards. Additionally, his actions are consistent with one of the traitor agendas. He has armed his characters, attempted to spike the check to cause wounds for his victory condition, and I find it pretty bad that while he was truthful about the upcoming crises, he opted to allow 2 Medicine checks in a row while wasting our resources on the first check. The damage conditions on both of those checks are crippling and would lead to an easy victory for him.

He is the next player after me, and therefore there is no time to allow for the possibility of his innocence because he will take steps to ensure we die.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Whoops he isn't the next player. drat I keep loving up with the weird turn order thing. For some reason I thought it went backwards. Nope, we have time!

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Only one of our characters needs a weapon. Having weapons on both is wasteful and inefficient except if you gain VPs by having weapons on each of your characters

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
It also just came to my attention that he has claimed to hold a food, which actually I'm fairly certain I can disprove. I feel there is a preponderance of circumstantial evidence here to convict.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Yeah, speaking of more survivors, it'd actually be pretty great if we stopped adding more people now that we've got some other pretty big pressing concerns to dig for.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Jon to Gas Station
Copy Fireman Power
Use Fireman Power
Jon Searches (4) NO NOISE
Andrew Builds 2 Barricades (1)
Andrew Searches (5)
Wait for additional information

I want to move Jon to the gas station for my own important purposes, if you guys think you can handle the crisis this turn. The Police Station, where I had originally intended to move him, just isn't safe, but we need weapons among other things and fuel can help us move without taking anymore damage. Filling up all available slots also prevents the traitor from attracting zombies or making a place go crazy with noise.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Well, the turn didn't go through, but I also apparently need to double check frostbite rules because I keep loving them up. Sorry, I didn't mean to kill the Fireman :smith:

Well, where should Jon Price go? I'll resolve the rest of my turn and then wait to decide about Jon Price

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I misread the Frosbite rules as applying at the beginning of the round and not at the beginning of the affected player's turn.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Keep cards
Play 1 Card into Crisis
Wait

Still not sure what to do with Jon Price. Leave him at the Colony? Trust me, there will be enough food. I could search again with Andrew? I worry the Grocery Store is going to get overrun if Tarbrush comes here and makes a shitton of noise. Maybe I should leave?

Move Jon to the hospital, copy Olivia's power, and help heal?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Locus posted:

Also, now is NOT the time for secret agendas, we have to not lose next turn, then worry about actually pulling out of this nosedive of a situation.

We'll be fine. Ish.

And basically I'm in a situation where I will basically lose the game no matter what happens unless a series of extremely improbably events happen.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Screw it

Andrew Searches Again With last Die
Play 3 "1 Food" Starter cards into Supply

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Play 1 more card into the Crisis
Move Andrew to Colony
Play 1 more Starter Food into the pile

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Max Peck posted:

Hm. That's not really what I wanted, but I'm gonna cash it in, I think.

Keep the most recent 2 cards
Play: 2 Outsiders: (Outsiders, School) Event: Add the top card of the survivor deck to your following and place their matching standee at the colony. Add 1 helpless survivor token to the colony.
Play 1 card into the crisis

:shepicide:

*begins weeping*

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, poo poo.

Its going to get worse. More people are going to have to die.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

tarbrush posted:

I can assist if you're interested in a quick painlessish end?

Take out Max Peck and we'll be on the same team for the time being.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Max Peck posted:

If it helps any, I have a PlanTM.

You'll just need to keep morale up until I'm ready to execute. Pun not intended.

I'm afraid I've been placed in a position where your death is a necessity. It's nothing personal.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Max Peck posted:

We're bickering while the fate of civilization is at stake, of course :v:

I am an ANGRY FARMER who is growing increasingly bitter.

Also I'm not going to actively take action against you guys, but I'm going to have to both a)root for Tarbrush and b)focus purely on my agenda for good or ill because I'm at a disadvantage I'm not sure I can come back from.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Poison Mushroom posted:

Aha, the Archipelago technique, then, huh? "Help me accomplish my objective or I'll fail all of us"?

Not really, since theres no way for you guys to help. I have to use my turn resources on purely selfish goals after this turn because not doing so will cause me to lose. It was more a heads up than a threat.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Weep Uncontrollably
Send Jon to School
Copy Teacher
Spend 1 to kill a zombie
Search School (3)
Send Andrew to Library
Search Library (6)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU