Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Patrol:

Investigations:

McFacknutah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

I'm pretty sure I've written only 40 tickets this year.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

GunForumMeme posted:

What kind of rear end in a top hat cites for fireworks?

You just roll in and start confiscating. Then later try to explain to the sergeant why none of the fireworks made it into evidence.

Fireworks in my jurisdiction cant launch higher than 3 feet so basically anything more than a sparkler is illegal

Here's how I handle a fireworks complaint:
1. Receive complaint about fireworks
2. Go to area and watch said fireworks
3. Inform people to not blowup themselves and to pick up trash when they're done.
4. Clear call.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Untagged posted:

Awful App apparently didn't post my reply.

H&K's. Twice as much money as Glocks and twice as much not-fun to shoot.

There sure seems to be an abundance of consignment H&K's at the gun stores in your jurisdiction.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Untagged posted:

The reality is its not a terrible gun, but every jurisdiction around here has glocks. We really don't want to share magazines during an active shooter or something I guess.

We are still rocking the Sigs :colbert:

I do have a Glock 23 for off duty/back up purposes.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Just spent an hour reuniting a found purse with its rightful owner.

Crime of the century.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Untagged posted:

OH THANKS FOR FINDING THIS PURSE I LEFT ON THE COUNTER AT CHIPOTLE I THOUGHT IT WAS TAKEN BY SOMEONE.
OH NO I THINK I'M MISSING TWO DOLLARS AND A FEW QUARTERS AND POSSIBLY SOME OTHER CHANGE LIKE A FEW DIMES AND A PENNY...
*GASP* IT MUST HAVE BEEN STOLEN PLEASE WRITE ME A LARCENY REPORT AND GO INTERVIEW THOSE MEXICANS I KNOW THEY TOOK IT.

*Report Cleared Found Property*.

Yeah when I finally tracked down the lady and showed up on her doorstep, I asked her to check the contents to make sure it was all there. She was probably wondering why I had this terrified look on my face like a bomb was getting ready to go off as she opened it.

Thankfully it was all there. :v:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

GunForumMeme posted:

This is why you leave it in the car and get some tax write off pos flip phone to keep on your belt.

This is basically what I do. IPhone stays in cruiser, crappy departmental issued flip phone stays on my belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

November posting in October thread because I can't figure out how to close thread on the iOS Awful app

• Locked thread