Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I'm really enjoying seeing the end product of each conflict arc. It's just a really satisfying way to conclude each crisis.

I don't know much about the actual production of animation; how accurate were the key frames at the end to what an animator would actually produce? Like, were they prettied up significantly or simplified for the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
It would be too artsy for the show, but I was disappointed the Andes Chucky segments were in 16:9 instead of 4:3

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

DamnGlitch posted:

Yeah I don't watch many shows week to week but I really look forward to this one. I'll be sad when it's over.

Iroha was the same way; IDK how this is the same studio that made Glasslip.

PA Works is my favourite studio, but they're just inconsistent. For the highs they hit in HanaIro, The Eccentric Family, and this, there are pretty bad lows in Glasslip and RDG. I've just come to accept it.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
Man, that was a really great character moment for Zuka at the end there. She's content with where she is, and I can't help but be happy for her :)

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

PaganGoatPants posted:

I'm sad it's over :(

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

It's also very, very boring. Wonderfully, entertainingly boring.

I am so loving excited to be bored by the next season.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

PaganGoatPants posted:

Will this be out in the US on bluray or something?

I wouldn't count on it getting a good release. Sentai Filmworks picked up the license.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Black Stones posted:

Sentai grabbed it so be prepared for a world of disappointment.

Cause Sentai is the U.S version of studio Titanic.

I was looking this up the other day, and I was really disappointed it wasn't NISA. I think they'd have done a really good job with their premium edition treatment.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

PaganGoatPants posted:

Is this show available for purchase anywhere? (bluray etc)

Sentai Filmworks has the North American bluray rights. The first half is set to be released in February.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
I started rewatching this yesterday. I hate Tarou (again), and Musani is falling behind schedule. At least Zuka-chan-senpai isn't horribly depressed yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
Both of you should be sure to watch The Eccentric Family. It's about a dysfunctional tanuki family living in modern day Kyoto. It was one of my favourite shows from 2013.

• Locked thread