Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I came to it right off the back of Graces f. It... was a bit of a shift. And then I promptly bought all of Milla's DLC outfits because that hair sprig of hers annoys me no end.

As she said it's a charm point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

bathroomrage posted:

This game starts out stronger than Graces and then turns to boring garbage in an alarmingly short amount of time, and while the combat's fun I'm biased because the special system I won't spoil for the LP basically ruins co-op completely, I'll just elaborate later.

Oh and don't forget the constant BAZONGAS talk. Ugh, that poo poo gets old fast.

That happens twice in skits.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ChaosArgate posted:

Fun fact, it's Kate Higgins, AKA Pascal from Graces! :v:

DIO? How does... wait, she can stop time and she throws knives... :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpZLX2aIvb8

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

wdarkk posted:

It's still probably the oldest Tales cast (counting only normal-people ages, so 4,000 year olds are removed from consideration).

Given that there is no 4000 year olds in this one yes. Milla is also older then every main protagonist other then Yuri (They tend to be 17 or 18 while she is 20.) and she is just as much the main character if not more then Jude no matter the route that is taken.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 1, 2014

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Feinne posted:

As far as who the story is about she's definitely more the main character than Jude.

Slight Typo meant "If" not "Is"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I am glad that Milla is the main character, because Jude is kinda Generic-Slightly-Dim-Tales-Protagonist so far.

I thought Milla was supposed to be Maxwell, the eternal Lord of spirits and stuff. So is the Legend of Maxwell really new, or does Maxwell reincarnate every few years?

Milla explains it pretty well as wdarkk said we will get to it.

Endorph posted:

Milla is the party leader and the one pushing the story forward, Jude is the viewpoint character.

On his side, on Milla's side she is still all of that and the view point character.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ManlyGrunting posted:

Generally JRPGs make a lot more sense if you add five years to the ages of the characters (though it's kind of logarithmic: you add fewer years to younger characters and more to older characters so that when they're going on about being old they're 50 and not like 35 or something)

Old Man in this game is legit old.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

It's far more respectable than Milla's garb, that's for drat sure.

They were custom made by her handmaid. Her handmaid does a lot of stuff for her. The four great spirits do stuff for her as well. Slyph for example styles her hair.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Edvarius posted:

Millia never ate before? I'd imagine her digestive system isn't in the best shape then. Of course with Jude there he may have recognized that fact and ordered her something he'd feel comfortable giving to a recovering patient.

The Four pretty much made sure her body actually worked. She more or less got by completely on their power. She does not know how to do most basic things.

However Milla is very talanted and skilled and is able to pick up on and learn things quickly. Just a bit of basic training from Alvin and she is fine fighting.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Apparently the in universe reason for her outfit is it allows her to cast water artes better by allowing her skin to be in contact with the humidity in the air.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

McTimmy posted:

Lady Blue is supposed to be more fox-like than anything, she just ends up looking like a cat more for some reason. Though the cat thing will lead to something utterly hilarious way, way down the line.

Apparently her kneepads are fox faces or something.

Yep she does. Her official artwork has several fox things on her.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 29, 2014

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Perlia posted:

Then the sequel happened.

By being even better and improving the world even more.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Alvin probably just taught her some basic stances or how to hit something properly.

And from that she completely mastered the sword.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Glazius posted:

Ah, it's not a proper RPG party until a grade-schooler is involved somehow.

Is 12 Grade Schooler age in Japan or Middle School age?

Anyway for ages so far.

We have Alvin at 26 years old, Milla at 20 years old, Jude at 15 years old and now Elize at 12 years old.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Agreed also glad to know it is not done.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Feinne posted:

Yeah she's wearing a jacket over shorts and some kind of top, I don't think I've actually seen the concept art that undoubtably exists that lays out her clothes situation under the coat more clearly.

I think it may also be her uniform as a nurse that she customized.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dpgx posted:

I'm fairly certain Vesperia had one near the beginning that would chase you on the world map, and it was gently caress-off powerful. You had to come back near the endgame to kill it. Truth be told though, I'm not 100% on that and it might not have even been a boar? All I remember is that it's a dick and I hated fighting it, not unlike this one or the one in Graces.

It was a boar.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

: Nice job. Those are Jude's best clothes, you know. He spent days fretting over exactly what to get.
He bought them for his move to Fennmont, because he was terrified he'd look like a country bumpkin.
: He totally failed, by the way. After the first week his nickname was "Bumpkin McWoodenFace".

I can tell that Kate Higgins is having a blast playing Agria. Gee, I wonder what the connection is between PSYCHOTIC FIRE GIRL and her parents being killed in an ARSON FIRE. Gee, what a stumper.

Also, this:

I admit I kind of love these. Keep them up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Time for fun facts about the Chimeriad. As mentioned in an earlier skit each Chimeriad member is named after a part of the Chimera. Jiao translates to horn, Agria is stinger, Presa is fang, Wingul is Wing.

In other fun little triva facts here are some about Agria. White is not Agria's natural hair color, it whitened due to stress after she ran away from home. She has four half siblings named Aurignac, Gravett, Celedonio, and Magdalena. (None of them show up in game) Lastly you know that Bird that Alvin uses to send send and receive messages. It's name is Bobo and it belongs to Agria, who adopted it as a pet after her older brother Celedonio killed it's parents.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

wdarkk posted:

The bit about Bobo comes up in the game soon enough.

I must have missed it. I did not remember it at all in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well this was interesting. Alvin is still a jerk and Muzet is super evil.

Also Milla was a fake which I guessed at.

• Locked thread