Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

ThatsMyBoye posted:

My budgets are ok too FALSE ALARM

I love how the one thing that for sure stays when you leave is the commissioner role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Are all of these openings real openings? Or are some people coming back?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

So EB is gone?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

nasboat posted:

I'm putting just about everyone out there and ideally looking to either acquire a SP as good as Cody/DaSilva (lol) or younger cost-controlled quality talent

Wait you mean you want to trade aging expensive players for young good players? Who the gently caress does not?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

uublog posted:

I really need to know what Julian Melendez decides w/r/t his option before I can know what I have available, ughh Julian quit taking so long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

Maybe if I play that song enough by the time I :f5: again he'll have made up his mind

If he is still on your option board after roll he has accepted his side of a mutual/player option.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

nasboat posted:

I need someone to take over a Clemens team in dire need of stamina fixing, it's on like a 31-game losing streak. CS wouldn't give it to TMB because he's already taken on another transfer team

Need help ASAP

I can take it and baby sit it, but I wont stay.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

uublog posted:

:wtc: is going on tonight

I am coming for you :black101:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

uublog posted:

poo poo am I the team to beat in the division now? Goddamn I need to make some moves

Well I am also coming for Jeff. I was behind both of you.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Seriously Arthur just handed him that player.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

That trade is a phenomenal win for you.

Seriously. You just robbed Art blind, then took him out behind a wood shed beat him up, then robbed him again for the fun of it.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

gardenald posted:

Then I'm bad at this game for not recognizing that, I fall way too in love with my own dudes.

Nothing wrong with that. I do too. Hug your prospects man, hug them tight.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

I think an honor system rule blocking offer bullshit would be bice. It would help some of us that dont have unlimited free time keep up.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

Well, you've never had a right opinion ever, so there's that.

It's different when someone with 2-3 seasons makes a mistake and not someone in their first season who really doesn't get everything in such a deep game.

I mean I never gave back your gently caress up, but that was because you were a veteran owner. Newbies should get a do-over.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

S30 Charlotte Goyim: :black101: This is my year!

I hope all the new veterans don't get into fights with my young ones.

C: Vinny Stewart - I had Bruce Shaw twice, both times for like 2 seconds. I will take the old bat with the way my team is built right now.
1B: McKay Ray - Welcome to the team, Harding will be missed but at least McKay won't suck even if you are loving expensive.
2B: Brian Burnett - Old and expensive, but at least he can hit.
3B: Michael Chang - The last part of my young callups, power uber alles.
SS: Ruben Gonzalez - Other last part of my young callups. Right side of a fun SS Platoon!
LF: Vic Batista - Welcome to the team veteran slugger, please make Jeff regret trading you.
CF: Vin Santana -Welcome to the team veteran slugger, please make Jeff regret trading you.
RF: Nolan Rigby -Welcome back beloved prospect, I always loved you.
DH: Julian Castro -Young and Awesome :glomp:

Bench:
C/DH Joshua Peterson - Speaking of Rule 5 gently caress ups, thanks Art!
Anywhere but SS/CF Olmedo Quentin - Good D and bat as my first man in from the bench.
SS Pl Randy Nixon - Other side of my platoon with Gonzalez.
UT Randall Nielsen - Defense bench player guy, wont hit but can field anywhere.

SP Dick Evans - How I love thee let me count the ways.
SP Moose Sellers - Welcome to the team, I am happy to have saved you from Art's sinking ship.
SP Bud McDonald - Solid number 3 :toot:
SP Ignacio Diaz - The veteran of the staff and very solid.
SP Tomas Matos - Very solid number 5.

Bullpen:

Johnny Simpson - Getting old and declining a little but he will still be a stud setup a.
Benito Torres - Very solid.
Marty Jordan - If he does not explode, he will be a solid arm in my pen.
Sick Collins - Cool dude who did not pitch last year, thanks Sparky.
Jamie Epstein - Cool dude who did not pitch last year, thanks Sparky.
Lou Cash - Swing man, SP insurance.

Not sure who will be my 25th man. Need to figure that out. Some all D guy probably.

I made major moves this year moving Hanson :cry: for a boat load of veterans. Moved two young 1B in Harding and Weinhardt for Moose,McKay,Jordan. My goal was to make the most of the 4 years I have McDonald for and 5 years I have Moose for. I think I am set to do that.

I also have Omar Valdes coming soonish, unless I move him for something. My brain is stuck on that one.

Not sure if this team is better than any of my awesome teams of yesterday but it is a loving awesome team.

Scrotos fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 30, 2014

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AV you could not send anything to the new owner but a bad 1B for a quality SP? I know neither are great talents but that trade is hardly fair.I wish we could treat our new owners with some more respsect and not try to steal talent.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

But even if that is what he sent, you should help coach him why that 1B is terrible and not just accept the offer. I did know he was on waivers that is unfortunate, someone should explain the value of that SP to him.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

I am creating a newbie HBD teaching manual. Just started it so maybe this poo poo can stop happening.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rmNXGZ-iGdvFv3VTabIaXTjtkcgYqWUiXbW4vwkE-bM/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to leave comments and stuff. I am sure my grammar will need work and if anyone else wants an invite to add to it just let me know what your google email is.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Yea I am fine with how TMB recruits players and where are new owners are sourced from. I just want to give them a chance to succeed. Like The Broken Bones wants to play yet we failed teaching him how to get a useful player in Rule 5.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Devo posted:

The owner's manual is a good idea but I think each brand new player should have a Big Brother for a season or two. Someone to tell them "Hey you need to set budgets" or "holy poo poo you should protect that guy from the rule 5". Just have the Little Brother be in the opposite league as the Big Brother and not trade together for a couple seasons so there's no conflict of interest.

FYI I have been basically doing this for Tavarin.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

So TBB do you want a big brother?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

The broken bones posted:

I would like one, yes

So following Devo's logic which I like( of someone from the other league). It looks like it should be one of AV, Gyro, Nero or AtheistDeals. (I just picked long time owners who are active in this thread/irc/twitter) Any of you 4 want to volunteer?

Scrotos fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 1, 2014

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Atheistdeals.com posted:

I'll do it, I'm not a genius or anything but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Its not like you are meant to build his team for him, just help him understand the game and you definitely understand the game.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Devo posted:

Someone explain to me why Vinny is getting given away for free

TMB was just playing the middle man to get rid of his 10/5 rights, he was the last piece of the mine and Nasboats trade. We posted about that in world chat.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Yea I swore I have seen this done before, maybe it was not this world. I won't do it again since someone objects.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

TMB was suppose to (according to nasboat) but then TMB offered a trade without Grebeck and I countered because TMB forgot the money.

I can give Grebck to TMB if that makes everyone happy, I don't mind.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

he is now, I'm just talking about the trade "as is".

He was always suppose to, it was just miss communicated to me.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

This is kind of a tough HOF year. Right now I'm on:

Alan High
Omar Melendez
Ken Toombs
Eddie Burke
Davey Krause

But I could definitely be swayed to some other guys.

I have Melendez, Toombs and Burker. But than I have Cosby and Francisco Ramirez in place of High and Krause.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=67554996&pbp=1 Vinny hits 2 grand slams. Good times.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

tatankatonk posted:

The 20-game service time wait ends after tonight's game, right?

This was my understanding.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Tavarin posted:

Same here, it's coming back with errors whenever I try and reach the main HBD site.

Yea this happened to me. Close the tab and open a new one and you will be logged out. Sometimes they screw up their cookies.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

nasboat posted:

jeez, reading the entire forums post, that was a big gently caress-up

nothing running until tomorrow at 11am now

bahahaha that means they do not take database backups before an update. Or they could just restore that and keep going.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Got to love those baseball traditions of the home and home between Charlotte and Chicago.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

This game is nuts. http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=67709164&pbp=0

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

How is there talk of awesome names with no mention of Norm Bland. I want him so badly.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

AlleyViper posted:

Oh look at that it wasn't even a tanker gently caress that got him

Did the people with money not see him? Someone has to be sitting on more than 25m.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

I do not understand the love for him, a reverse platoon C who all of his value is in contact and PC will not break 80.

Also who wants to give me 8m so I can sign my draft pick :v:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Devo posted:

Your scouting is way down on Nichting IMO

What did your scouts show?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

Do you think I didn't realize it? I correctly gambled that I wouldn't see anyone better in the draft and signed an IFA.

If I had signed those other 2 IFA dudes, the same thing would have happened.

The problem was the IFA you signed was not destroy your draft worthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

You'd still criticize me the same amount if i had spent all my money on the other guys, though.

No I would not, that other hitter is worth blowing up your draft for.

• Locked thread