Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2pE5r7IRDo

http://www.ufc.com/media/time-is-now-press-conference

quote:

The UFC recently teased a special announcement to members of the media with a “save the date” request for Monday, Nov. 17, in Las Vegas.

On Wednesday, company officials revealed at least a portion of the plans for the special event, revealing that Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey, Chris Weidman, Anderson Silva, Conor McGregor, Lyoto Machida, :siren: Nick Diaz :siren:, and more of the UFC’s biggest stars would convene in Sin City for the announcement.

The event, entitled “The Time is Now,” which is free and open to the public, will take place at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts at 2 p.m. PT on Monday, Nov. 17, and will be streamed live.

The UFC’s biggest stars will help the company promote not only a two-month slate of events already revealed, but also the promotion’s entire 2015 calendar of events.

The promotion has never before revealed its entire schedule for an entire year at one time.

That’s quite a bit of information in and of itself, but UFC officials also teased there would be an addition “very special announcement,” but gave no hints to what it might be.

What will it be? Find out in like 2 hours from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Nick Diaz and Anderson Silva will both be contained in padded rooms, side by side, to ensure that the fight will happen.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
vitor is supposed to be there so i am not interested because it's not an announcement of him failing a test

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

vitor is supposed to be there so i am not interested because it's not an announcement of him failing a test

You're going to feel really silly when the feed comes through and Vitor is in the stocks while Dana is selling rotten vegetables.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Lyoto Machida being there is surprising to me, even if he is a former champion and handsome dude. His next fight is supposed to be against Dollaway in December so it doesn't involve the 2015 schedule.

but I guess https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flH1K3hq3vw

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bubba Smith posted:

Lyoto Machida being there is surprising to me, even if he is a former champion and handsome dude. His next fight is supposed to be against Dollaway in December so it doesn't involve the 2015 schedule.

but I guess https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flH1K3hq3vw

UFC bought WWE and all of those fighters will be taking part in a non-work Royal Rumble this winter.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
the superbowl half time show is going to be a sanctioned ufc championship fight.

katy perry is going to sing while they fight and be the ring girl

you can call me nostradiaz

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The return of the ref cam

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

GSP catchweight fight vs an alien, one fighter must be probed!

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
UFC is purchasing battle bots, to air exclusively on fight pass. Battlebot themed TUF 'coming soon'.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Guess: New weight class, either women's 125 or men's 225 or something

Guess: Down to 8 PPVs next year, with 5 more events on Big Fox

Guess: something really loving dumb like UFC-branded restaurant/bar/online betting/whatever

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

MycroftXXX posted:

UFC is purchasing battle bots, to air exclusively on fight pass. Battlebot themed TUF 'coming soon'.

I am unironically down for this

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Also if the announcement is something like "We finally got Fedor" then I'm going to be more pissed than if they were just announcing UFC Bars

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
They hired a new CEO... and its me

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

New York?!

wishful thinking :smith:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Ring girls replaced with ring guys in speedos for lady fights

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Bundt Cake posted:

They hired a new CEO... and its me

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Bubba Smith posted:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Ring girls replaced with ring guys in speedos for lady fights

Bubba Smith posted:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
reinhold was a couple of years off and they're announcing the closure of the company

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
UFC will admit that the past year has proven that actually scheduling cards in advance doesn't work, will now make future PPVs use the structure of this conference where all fighters who are uninjured (and one barista) are brought into an arena and are matched up by a big "wheel of fight".

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

A new weight class seems the least likely to me because at this point does anybody want another weight class?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

reinhold was a couple of years off and they're announcing the closure of the company

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
If they bring back Jon Fitch I will become a fan again. Well, maybe.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
capture of saddam hussein style press conference where they announce "ladies and gentlemen, we got 'im", a bunch of die hard fedor superfans begin to cheer until tim sylvia lumbers out showing off his new contract

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Triticum Guzzler posted:

capture of saddam hussein style press conference where they announce "ladies and gentlemen, we got 'im", a bunch of die hard fedor superfans begin to cheer until tim sylvia lumbers out showing off his new contract

Bubba Smith posted:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
after producing at least 15 seasons of a show for which there are rumours of its continued existence, but there is no recorded evidence, the us military's next generation stealth bomber is going to be constructed entirely of The Ultimate Fighter

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Bubba Smith posted:

A new weight class seems the least likely to me because at this point does anybody want another weight class?

Probably not but they could use more belts since they put in that new kind of rule that all ppvs must have a title fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
bj penn spoke to some friends of his and he's going to train harder now. he wasn't motivated to fight before but he is now.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
hopefully they add womens heavyweight

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

bj penn spoke to some friends of his and he's going to train harder now. he wasn't motivated to fight before but he is now.

It'd be cool if bjs mom was at the press conference

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
They paid 25 million dollars for the rights to use a couple select Beatles songs for entrances.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the "fighter uniform" has been wildly mischaracterised in the media and the ufc is to begin producing a cool jacket that only fighters can wear, not overly expensive, maybe a hundred bucks

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

tesilential posted:

They paid 25 million dollars for the rights to use a couple select Beatles songs for entrances.

There is no way Dana likes good music

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lorenzo is to take an even bigger part in day to day operations when measured by volume, by taking twice as much testosterone as he is presently

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

joe rogan has been captured by isis and they will be streaming his beheading live via satellite

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
fights are going to be fun to watch again

lesnar coming back

do I see a correlation there (hehe)

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
"the time is now" refers to a partnership with AT&T's time of day service, athlete Rory MacDonald promises to be "really accurate", adding that he's "very particular about clocks"

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Dana re-signed Tito so Dana White vs Tito Ortiz for control of the UFC can happen for real

Tito wins

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
dana is stepping down, to be replaced with some sports executive person nobody has ever heard of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

duh

• Locked thread