Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

My favorite "Night Mind is full of poo poo" thing is his theory that the dad in This House is the Boomy the Cat character, despite the fact that the original video explicitly shows the two in different places at the same time.

Dude also doesn't seem to understand that some choices are made for artistic and thematic reasons, and aren't clues toward some grand climactic secret narrative. It's especially bad with Resnick's stuff, since a lot of that seems to be repeating motifs that Resnick just likes, or cultural commentary. If NM had a red string wall, it'd look like someone took a red crayon and tried to color the entire area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

These are adorably horrifying. Adorborrfying?

Is there a story behind these? Just a computer trying to make pictures except instead of eyes and dogs it's all baby flesh?

Guessing from the other directories* it looks like someone's fed a neural network a bunch of video of various locations, and this is from a hospital. I'm guessing it's mostly babies because that's probably the most widely available stuff filmed in hospitals and made available, because most people like seeing babies and most people don't like seeing the other things that happen in hospitals.

It's pretty funny seeing this because the computer's trying to guess how to make pictures like what it's seen before. "Uh... yeah, so... hospitals. They're... places with bedding... and pink blobs that move. Got it. I am super good at this!"

*Beach has some pretty good eerie stuff, too. The other ones... eh.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Yeah, it's mostly practical effects. Dude posted some props and location pics on his twitter a while back:

https://twitter.com/PiroPito/status/777087425138917376

https://twitter.com/PiroPito/status/766583140764688384

https://twitter.com/PiroPito/status/751269760520720384

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I really like Cooking Idol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn7SWpctUL4

Though that's because it kind of cracks me up.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

Why would people combine horror and sex anyways? Besides as a short hand for "these deviants are about to die" of course. Wait, why is that a trope too?

This may be surprising to you, but there are a lot of perverts in the world.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Y'all remember My House Walkthrough?

Dude did a making of video showing the practical effects.

It's kind of amazing the amount of work for such a short vid.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Cymoril posted:

This one is bugging me. What's going on? Is that someone in a hoodie? Why are they so long? Supposedly taken in 1977.

Pretty sure it's a coat rack, pole, or small tree in front of an upended trash can, with some kind of white fabric hanging on it. It becomes more clear if you focus on the area that looks like a leg split or an arm.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Man, what's this ghost stuff, we want the weird poo poo.

Alien ghost pajamas? Yeah, that's the ticket.

They're dumb, but for some reason I can't help loving the nightcrawlers for being so darn cute :3

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Rollersnake posted:

I found a dead mosquito inside one of those pens that looks like a syringe full of blood.

Well, if it couldn't tell fake blood from the real thing, it deserved to die.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I wonder if this guy also tastes like the dreams of mad children

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I haven't seen anything I'd call gore in the past 5 pages.

I think it was more trying to stop gore posting before it starts, since a bunch of the stuff in GIS for teratoma are definitely gore. It's definitely a good reminder when medical stuff in general comes up.

Shady Amish Terror posted:

It's still kind of hung up on the dogs,

I feel so connected to this computer right now :3:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Those are terrible grand plies. I wouldn't even cast these guys as chorus members in the Nutcracker.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

The eels are cute but the pizza getting dissolved in water kinda grosses me out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

The thing that bothers me most about this is that Mikebot has turned-out feet when it walks.