Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best team so far?
This poll is closed.
Warriors 117 48.35%
Raptors 39 16.12%
Bulls 15 6.20%
TrailBlazers 25 10.33%
Grizzlies 46 19.01%
Total: 242 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

I want Bieber to have a run in with Ivan Johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If you were in the East and OKC was also in the East then sure, but it's not like the separation between 7 seed in the West and OKC is the biggest in the world. Hell the current 7 seed is the Clippers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

euphronius posted:

The Astros tanked at least as badly as the Sixers and no one cares.

Haha so many people care, so many

So much "violating the spirit of the game!" anger

IcePhoenix posted:

A ton of people also consider what the Astros are doing to be the right thing, almost nobody who's actually in baseball thinks they're poorly run, and they "failed" to sign the first pick because his elbow was hosed and he still wanted first slot money.

This isn't how it went over at all. The Astros were almost universally seen as the bad guys in the Aiken deal. Also Groucho Marxist will tell anyone who will listen how poorly the Astros are run and how much Jeff Luhnow sucks

So anyway this popped up on Deadspin. The time Manute Bol hit 6 threes in a half

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45czWPhWQOI

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The best was when you brought him up out of nowhere during the offseason thread while Daryl Morey was being discussed :allears:

Groucho Marxist posted:

He's a sperg with no people skills like a certain other front office in Houston

Which is fine, you don't have to like the guy, plenty of people don't.

Anyway, it's clearly not true that the Astros somehow take no flak for tanking the way the Sixers are as was claimed.

In actual basketball news, it's not looking good for Dwight tonight so expect another Grizzlies blowout. The Rockets are getting so desperate for big men (they currently have one player active who is taller than 6'8) they have recalled Clint Capela from the D league though and with the blowout imminent I expect plenty of garbage time minutes giving him an opportunity to get out on the floor :toot:

e: Or maybe he'll play over Dorsey, whose opponents have a 37.1 PER against him :stonk:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 3, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It definitely is but I know some U.S players dislike the idea of playing here due to tax reasons, as well as I remember Antonio Davis saying one of the reasons he was willing to leave Toronto was that he didn't approve of his kids learning the metric system in school.

:lol:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why do I keep hyping myself up for the possibility of LMA to the Rockets

Why do I do this to myself

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

In actual basketball news, it's not looking good for Dwight tonight so expect another Grizzlies blowout. The Rockets are getting so desperate for big men (they currently have one player active who is taller than 6'8) they have recalled Clint Capela from the D league though and with the blowout imminent I expect plenty of garbage time minutes giving him an opportunity to get out on the floor :toot:

e: Or maybe he'll play over Dorsey, whose opponents have a 37.1 PER against him :stonk:

Pretty happy to be wrong on this one

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well yeah the bad boys Pistons weren't built for the current NBA ruleset at all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Saw this elsewhere

quote:

The 76ers - Wolves game was REALLY embarrassing, they had to stop play because the players were attacking the wrong side of the court.

Someone please tell me when in the game this happens so I can go watch it :allears:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh my god

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

chunkles posted:

We need to talk about Joey Dorsey and how he dunked all over the Grizzlies last night

How about this huge block followed by a fast break and then a dunk? :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnD0dxxGbaQ

e: Also that was a pretty slick euro by Pops, even if he did miss the layin

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 4, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Parlett316 posted:

And then you have guys like Kelvin Cato who will grab 20 boards and 10 blocks and he disappears when the season starts

~Nick Johnson~

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

hitze posted:

This is good

It actually is even though I'm internally :argh:ing about it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The loving Southwest, man

15-4, 15-4, 14-5, 15-6 for the Rockets, Grizz, Spurs and Mavs respectively

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Couldn't watch the Rockets tonight, let's see how bad they lo-OH MY GOD

And unless something changed Dwight is supposed to be back now starting Wednesday. Quite impressed with the way they've handled the injuries

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's... that's not a dime at all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PWI posted:

Blue laws affect wholesale, not service. In Indiana the bars are open but the liquor stores aren't. Also I hate it.

Blue law state bros :(:hf::(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Rondo dishing to Dirk, Ellis, Chandler, and Parson would fuckin own

I submit that this would not own

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Grizzlies are such a freaking charmed team in the last week or so

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm getting really worried about Ariza's three point shooting :( 28.7% in the last 18 games

He looked terrible tonight too, the ones he missed he missed pretty badly

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inside Outside posted:

It sounds like the Mavs' offer for Rondo is centered around Brandon Wright plus other stuff to make salaries work. Houston has a trade exception worth about $8 million or so that they're expected to use soon, possibly to get pieces more enticing to Boston. I think it's really gonna happen this time you guys :(

Houston also has the Pelicans first round pick, I don't see any way a Rondo trade happens without that being involved

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I would not be surprised at all if the Mavs bounced the Rockets from the playoffs. It would be on the back of Chandler Parsons going insane and averaging 35/12 a night too I bet

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rick posted:

Reading some of the rumors on the Rondo thing, it's funny that the same Boston reporter who swore that Gasol for Rondo was imminent a few years ago now thinks Rondo is going to go there in free agency. Why does he want Rondo to be a Laker so badly?

So he can seethe in his hatred for him I guess

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Igor Strelkov posted:

It's very good, historically.

This shot chart is the antithesis of everything the Rockets stand for so he won't be coming here

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Morey is probably just trying to drive up the price for the Mavs.

Hopefully it works

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

^^ I used to practice backwards free throws, but with an actual jumpshooting motion. It rarely went in

Poor Casspi got outshot by loving Rajon Rondo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Man it better not be Felton, Nelson and a first or some bullshit

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ESPN sources say teams closing in on swap to send Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson, one future first & one future second to Celts

— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) December 18, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm worried about how much this will improve the Mavs but I'm also thrilled that the Rockets didn't trade for him v:geno:v

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So how do the Celtics make room for three incoming players? Their 15 man is full I read

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Seeing some Rockets fans saying "Well Dragic is better anyway" which I'm not really sure what the point of is since there's been no indication I've seen that he's on the trading block or that he's coming to Houston in particular

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

chunkles posted:

The latest fad is to invent trade rumors for a player but then get mad about the idea that Morey might trade Donatas for them

The deadline for our trade exemption is tomorrow, is that right? Is Corey Brewer still imminent or is that particular rumor now passe?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dwight Powell also going to the Mavs, so I guess Cuban finally landed Dwight

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

chunkles posted:

Alright nerds enough talking about this Rondo guy, Rockets are about to make the real splash

@Jonathan_Feigen: Rockets still involved in talks for Wolves' Corey Brewer with deal possible tmrw, source said. Rockets can fit him into Lin trade exception.

gently caress yeah, the only way to get people madder at the Rockets than with Harden's drawn fouls is to throw in some shameless cherry picking

But seriously, I don't watch the Wolves at all or know anything about Brewer, why has he been tied to the Rockets so consistently?

e: (is it just so they have an actual contract to trade instead of an exemption, which lets them package him with other players?)

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 19, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Aw hell yeah Paps is back for the Rockets tonight. The bench is slowly but surely turning into less of a wasteland

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The thing with Rondo is I'm glad the Rockets didn't get him because I don't think he's a big enough upgrade over what we ask Beverley to do to be worth gutting the bench, but at the same time it sucks that the Mavs got him because for them he might be.

I kept seeing "It'll cost two of DMo, Jones and Paps" and my vision would go all red and I would lose track of an hour or so

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

morestuff posted:

Woj says Houston is picking up Corey Brewer, and sending back (at least) Troy Daniels.

I am irrationally sad about this

Troy :(

Also I thought you couldn't package players with trade exceptions

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

David Weiner @BimaThug
Those asking how Daniels could be "combined" with TPE in Brewer deal: Troy makes minimum. Was traded "separately" via Min Player Exception.

I had never head of the min player exception

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rockets Land Corey Brewer After Dickishly Driving Up Price for Rondo

This guy really doesn't like Daryl Morey :laugh:

e: fixed tag, which apparently doesn't like spaces between the url and the =

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Not really surprised to see Garcia go. He's looked alright in spots but for the most part looks pretty done

Someone tell me about Shved

• Locked thread