Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

TetsuoTW posted:

I thought they said that wasn't going to be an episode?

It's sort of lose-lose for WHM because people will bitch about the lovely audio quality if it gets released and they'll whine about not getting to hear it if it doesn't. From a couple of social media conversations it sounds like they might just release it though.

The live episodes aren't downright unlistenable but I think I've only made it through one entirely. Aside from audio it always seems like live podcasts really mess with the rhythm podcasters develop together.

But I'd say it's all worth it to hear Steve rant about Hal Jordan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Oh wow, that's proper live soundboard recording quality. That's fantastic.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Yaws posted:

What is Jupin referring to in the disclaimer at the beginning of the Rapture episode?

Sandy Hook, the episode date is December 21, 2012. I haven't seen the movie and don't remember the episode, but wiki says a lady shoots her daughter to rapture her.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

The only things that are legitimately app exclusive are the Star Trek 2 episode, the live Cocoon 2 episode, and the best movie deaths and best Arnold films minisodes (e: oh, and the Truth or Dare side order of sleaze). Those last two were pretty much the only reason I bought the app so I'm disappointed to say that they're quite underwhelming. Short and no real breakout bits, just basic 80s action movie discussion. Everything else is "free" on bandcamp. I'm not really sure what's up with the bandcamp page, the prices are all too high for mini episodes but they allow them all to be listened to in full.

I think all of the movie commentaries are worth a buck though from Amazon though, it's just the right balance between regular WHM movie discussion, MST-style riffs, and just sort of feeling like you're hanging out and watching a movie with them. But the joke's on me, because now I've seen Sucker Punch too.

Ror fucked around with this message at 09:40 on May 9, 2015

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I figured they were just referencing the "cookies are a sometimes food" thing, not believing that he doesn't eat cookies at all. I think it's bullshit too, I like my Cookie Monster to be a hopeless addict. I refuse to accept that his diet could contain non-cookies.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

It goes throughout the entire episode and it's incredible.

People remember him very fondly. Do not worry about Paul Walker.

edit: but I think The Skulls is my PW ep of choice

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

precision posted:

Yeah, I'm getting wasted and watching this.

I'm intrigued but I don't think there's a glass of water tall enough for that poo poo.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

It's always been about potential comedy way more than a good/bad movie thing. What are they going to do, silly Henry Cavill impressions? The side episode Andrew and Steve did about Batfleck is great but it's not like a WHM episode at all, it's just a nerdy conversation between two interesting and funny people.

I've always wanted them to do MK Annihilation since the MK episode is probably my favorite, but I'll also admit that there's much less comedy to be mined there too. I pretty much just want to hear them riff on all the extra characters brought over from the games in that one, especially after cracking up over the Rain namedrop they did in some other episode. But there aren't any notable actors to make fun of or impersonate, no real cheesy lines, no bizarre plot points.

On the flip side of the coin, as much as Steve broke my heart when he said Hook was the worst Spielberg with zero hesitation, I could easily imagine a hilarious episode being done on that film regardless of how good you think it is.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

So next weeks it could be Son of Mask, Spiceworld, The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas, Get Carter, Spy Kids 3d, or Garfield.

Andrew didn't update the WHM Letterboxd page yet but I think he did spoil next week's episode if you want to know: http://i.imgur.com/8qLQ3p3.png

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

bobservo posted:

It's kind of mystifying how these guys know nothing about Pokemon; they're a bit younger than me and basically in the perfect demographic for that show in 1998. Did they even know it was a video game?

They're all a few years older than me and I was pretty much over Pokemon by the time the first film came out. I was super into all the original 151 stuff, the show and cards and everything, but by 2000 I was 13ish and already feeling too old for all the non-game media. So if anything I would have only expected the guys to be familiar with the very first wave.

The Pokemon age math also continues to confirm for me just how perfectly calibrated they are to a specific generation. It's not a bad thing, I'm sure there are 20 or 50 year olds who can enjoy all of the riffs, but it seems to be extra fun if you're within +/- 4 years of the gang's ages or so.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Yaws posted:

Does anyone know what podcast Jupin was on discussing WHM? He mentioned it in an episode but I can't recall which one

He's done two that I can remember, How Is This Movie? is probably the one you're thinking of, but he also did Podcasterbating with Eric last year.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Jupin recently gave lovely Letterboxd reviews for both Dragonheart and LXG, but he directly confirmed the latter is an upcoming stay tuned, so I think that's this week's ep. We'll probably get both eventually though.

I can't wait until the next full Stay Tuned month because there are countless things they've mentioned that I want to hear them talk about and the list is only getting longer. I need some Bill & Ted and Weekend at Bernies just for the catharsis at this point.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

They posted a picture from Dragonheart on their Facebook page, so I'd say that's a pretty safe bet.

Though, it would be hilarious if the hint at the end of this week's episode was, again, Sean Connery.

Oh I didn't see that, I hope you're right then!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I take comfort in the knowledge that Eric Movie might be lurking around the corner at any time.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

SilentChaz posted:

For anyone wondering what Keanu Reeves movie the guys are doing next week, they gave a big hint on Twitter. It's not Bogus Journey. It's three movies.

Source

Ooh, I'm digging some of these curveballs lately. I would have assumed The Matrix trilogy is not really the sort of thing they would cover but thinking of the conversation we had on the types of movies they choose and some of the recent blockbuster choices I'm totally on board if that's what it is. There is so much insane stuff there to talk about the more I think about it. I can practically hear Steve ranting about orgasm cake.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

Somebody please recommend me another movie podcast that isn't terrible garbage. :sigh:

I guess it would be Yeah, It's That Bad? Which is over, but there are archives available. I've only listened to a handful of episodes, but it's in the same podcast wheelhouse and I found it a little easier to jump into than The Flophouse. They're both a bit inside jokey though. I've never quite found another podcast that matches the same conversation dynamic WHM has.

Also, Sucker Punch commentary is fun. None of them want to be watching the movie because it's a boring slog. It's kind of nice because they don't spend the whole time making easy jokes about Zach Snyder and how ~awful~ the movie is, I'm pretty sure they all get the general point, it's more of a straightforward WHM "what the gently caress is going on and who is this movie for?" and after an hour or so they're asking each other if it's OK to start fast forwarding. Although I guess I only recommend it if you've never seen Sucker Punch, that was a 'still haven't, still happy' for me but it's a lot more watchable with the gang in the background.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

bobservo posted:

Possibly a dumb question: is there any way to get the app running on an iPhone? I bought the Android app when it first came out but now it refuses to load on my tablet, and the FAQ about the app on their site is pretty out of date--the "Podcast Box" app on iOS changed its name and doesn't have WHM on it anymore.

I also deleted the app so I could reinstall it, but for some reason there's no longer a download link on the Amazon page, nor can I grab it by looking at past orders. I'm completely stumped.

The iOS app is called The Podcast Source now, but it should still have WHM on it, it's been updating fine with all their new stuff for me. It still works the way the old one did, the main app is free and then you do an in-app purchase for WHM.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

The Duke posted:

There must be like a couple dozen "Stay Tuned" movies at this point, probably wouldn't hurt to remind them.

If anyone is curious the WHM subreddit has a huge list of all the stay tuneds, i think it's got most of them: http://www.reddit.com/r/WeHateMovies/wiki/reviewed

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

The Vosgian Beast posted:

So are they coming back on September 1st?

One more week, they posted an update on Facebook

We Hate Movies posted:

New digs. New season. Same cartoonish outrage. 9.8.15 ‪#‎WHMSeasonSix‬ ‪#‎WHMLRM‬

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Swat is what I assume, but there is also Star Wars or deep blue sea

SWAT and Deep Blue Sea are still on the current RSS feed, I think they're only putting up older episodes because a lot of people never bother to check the site's back catalog.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Does anybody have a mirror for the WHM episode on Jack Frost (the Michael Keaton one, not the Shannon Elizabeth one). The mirror somebody linked on page two of this thread seems to have expired.

Here's a copy I threw onto dropbox, but the main link is working fine for me.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I'm pretty sure you're describing some sort of government program designed to recreate the time travel from The Butterfly Effect and you just washed out for not being extreme enough. I mean, did you even try to blow up a baby with some dynamite?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

sean10mm posted:

Listening to Date With an Angel episode, and Peter Falk Angel is one of the better characters they've invented IMO. With special guest star KITT!

"I don't have to bathe, I can smoke cigars, and I still smell like nothin' but baby powder and moonbeams."

I think Peter Falk might be my favorite impression of theirs of someone that's never been in an episode's movie (he hasn't, right?). Peter Falk angel and him with the Kano eye are pure gold.

Except I already realize I'm wrong because I could listen to Andrew and Steve do Mike Schank for hours. Just takin' some sweet, sweet acid and waitin' on that ice-cold Surge.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

You can say what you want about Easy Rider 2 but I definitely remember the skies being crystal blue on 9/11.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Gyges posted:

Just find a physical mailbox and send a letter along with a bag of delicious Doritos and some Surge.

Need to throw in some dog food Combos to appease Sajdak.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I'm looking through his IMDb page now (you know you want to click that, just don't print it out at work) and it seriously boggles the mind. He voiced the cat in Big Hero 6. You know, the one that the robot picks up and pets and it purrs or something. 'How and why?' Here's your $70,000 cheque Mr. Welker.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

From Jupin's Letterboxd:

quote:

Pan (2015) ★
Watched Dec 10, 2015

Andrew Jupin’s review:

Stay tuned.

Woof.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

RIPD Goober

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

RE: Entourage ep, I agree with the guys that the "hey, they should make a movie about this!" referring to the movie you're currently watching is an awful trope, but I was surprised no one mentioned Arrested Development since the response about a TV show being better is the exact same joke they ended that show on. The original ending, that is.

Also, has The Master of Disguise ever been mentioned on the show? Andrew said "turtle" in the unmistakable turtle voice during this ep so I feel like I need an official ruling on whether or not it's a stay tuned. I can't guess because I have not yet been willing to subject myself to that movie.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

There must be some unwritten forums axiom that all threads, given enough time, eventually turn into Star Wars threads.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

Yeah it's strange that something that is popular is talked about a lot.

I think I'm just cranky because I prefer derails about IG-88 and his brothers.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Firstborn posted:

Did they do a "welcome to the show vin"? I can't remember if they did another of his dumb movies.

I don't think anyone said it but this was indeed his first appearance. It probably won't be his last though, because xXx is a Rob Cohen film.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

precision posted:

voice of Scooby Doo - Jonah Hill

You'll have to pry that role from Frank Welker's cold dead hands.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Call ins end tonight at midnight EST, so you've got 5ish hours.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Blank Check was 'stay tuned' in the Stigmata episode so they probably don't need too much convincing.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

At least Eric learned in D&D it was a 20 and not a 10, what a blunder.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

duz posted:

Did we all see D&D in theaters? We're such nerds.

Yep. I went with my Dad and I could feel the "what are WE watching?" emanating from him in the seat next to me. I had probably been talking it up for weeks in advance like a dumb nerd too.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Empress Theonora posted:

The standout character in the new episode is the cutthroat editor of the imdb trivia section.

I love it when they bring up imdb trivia, there are so many good jumping off points from those. It's hard to top "Christopher Lambert has myopia" though.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

They are coming back to Chicago!

To do Predator loving 2

:getin:

Ooh, that a fun choice. Predator 2 definitely has more stuff going on to joke about than the first, but it's missing a couple of wonderful voices. Hopefully Jesse Ventura swings by to comment on Danny Glover's performance (and whether or not he's being a slack-jawed so-and-so).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I wish I could hear their reaction to the Joe Estevez magnum opus Rollergator but I know that one is too bad to even be an episode. It probably falls into the "not technically a movie" category.