Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

JT Smiley posted:

I honestly think that WHM is overall better than HDTGM. Mostly because they take the time to breakdown the movies for those of use who haven't seen them. They also seem more focused and gel better, because they're a bunch of old friends getting together to talk about lovely movies.

I'm still mad at myself for missing their Chicago show a few months back.

Both WHM and HDTGM did episodes on Easy Rider 2. The WHM episode was hilarious and I could follow the plot of the movie without having to see it myself. The HDTGM episode was an incoherent mess.

Sometimes this works with movies on HDTGM, but not so much with Easy Rider 2.

Best Christmas movie episode of WHM? Personally, I love One Magic Christmas with Nazi Santa and his enslaved army of the undead. I am looking forward to their episode on Jingle All the Way 2. Hey kewwwl, it's Christmas!

(Honorable mention for the first episode of Animation Damnation and the He-Man & She-Ra Christmas Special. Exasperated Skeletor is the best.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Illinois Smith posted:

Why would you spoiler that, they've hyped it on the last three eps or so. They even got me to download the movie and now I need to get drunk enough to actually sit down and watch it before Tuesday.

Just erring on the side of caution. I know not everyone is up to date on WHM episodes, so I thought I'd play it safe. :shrug:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

I was actually referring to Episode 37 of the main series. It's 404ing on their page and every google search seems to just spit out a 'mirror' that links back to the original.

Here's a quick mirror: https://www.sendspace.com/file/kvjuz0

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

When Andrew's appeared on other podcasts and has been asked about the change to the show's theme, he's explained that it was also time consuming to find a song that thematically fit the movie.

I miss finding out what song he'd found to go with each movie, but it's not a dealbreaker by any means.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

They're also asking for help finding dead episodes in their archive so they can upload them to a more reliable host than archive.org.

It was probably Secundus that removed them.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

For anyone wondering what Keanu Reeves movie the guys are doing next week, they gave a big hint on Twitter. It's not Bogus Journey. It's three movies.

Source

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

How long are they on break?

Just through August. But they're releasing "classic" episodes with new intros and outros from the guys (and the music removed because they pre-date the theme song) to tide us over.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

They announced that next week will be Entourage and based of the letterbox page Russell Madness

Andrew's all but said that Pan will be one of them, unless something worse manages to top that.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The whiny, childish husband is really the cherry on top. She should get him evaluated, he doesn't comprehend their situation at all.

Evaluated or locked up. Who could forget his obsession with making sure little neighbor girl Molly Monaghan gets a bike for Christmas?!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Count Chocula posted:

Think of it as a comedy podcast from 2 Daily Show writers and a goony buddy that just happens to use movies as a structure (tho they do know their poo poo). I dunno why there hasn't been a crossover - the Flop House fans always rep WHM, that's how I got into them.

There was a crossover of sorts. Each show tackled one of the Clint Eastwood orangutan movies.

WHM did Every Which Way But Loose while the Flop House did Any Which Way You Can.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Haven't listened to the episode yet, but I saw the spirit of Chris Cabin managed to post his review of the movie to the WHM Tumblr.

Chris Cabin posted:

As bad as movies like X-Men: The Last Stand, Green Lantern, and Spider-Man 3 are…their ultimate goal isn’t to condemn and poo poo on the world of man (and I say “man” because clearly this movie only cares about men), but rather to expand it, to see some little splinter of hope in the world and society at large. I never felt anything like that for a moment of this 150-minute fiasco, which I honestly hope I can get through the rest of my life without seeing again.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

After Eartha Kitt in Ernest Scared Stupid and Julie Newmar in Ghosts Can't Do It, is there a terrible movie Lee Meriwether was in the guys could do for the show? :v:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

egon_beeblebrox posted:

A very special episode dedicated to "The Munsters Today."

When they run out of horror franchises for the Spooktacular, they could do an On-Screen about The Munsters Today.

(There's what, Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre... and that's it, isn't it?)

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh god yes. Just Whalberg's weird sex stuff with a teenage schoolgirl and the weird super-Jewish family of Eliot Gould and Christina Applegate could keep them going for weeks.

Plus you have Avery Brooks as a psycho crime lord. What's not to love about that?

Don't forget the recurring joke about how Bokeem Woodbine's character loves to masturbate.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

and not a single "HEY MA. HOW BOUT...SOME COOKIES."

"NO DICE... NO DICE."

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I'd play that fighting game.

With Justin Case, Ben Worcester and Vinny Brusco as hidden fighters.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

ravenkult posted:

I love BIOOS and Ben is okay on that sometimes.

Ben is also a lot of fun on Hooked on TJ Hooker.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean, they watch garbage movies for a living, I would too in the circumstances.

Especially Andrew, who's there for every episode. I don't blame him for indulging in some beers and tall glasses of water.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

The Deleter posted:

Clickety clack, clickety clack.

Clickety coke, clickety coke!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

I always look forward to the Spooktacular, but some of my favorite episodes they've done on horror movies have been done at other times of the year.

Like The Butterfly Effect, Halloween III and Dracula 2000. I love grabbing them to re-listen to with the old Spooktacular episodes during September and October. :spooky:

Makes me want to call in a lovely horror movie for the next Listener Request Month. I'm thinking of suggesting My Soul to Take. Why cast the great Raul Esparza as the killer and then kill him off in the first fifteen minutes?

Speaking of blunts, let's light up and write another extreme script like The Butterfly Effect, man!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Huh! Would you consider Butterfly Effect a horror movie? It's certainly horrifying, but that never occurred to me before. The main thing to me was always how hashtag deep it was trying to be.

I considered Butterfly Effect a horror movie because I remember it getting coverage in the pages of Fangoria when it was released. :v:

Duckula posted:

I couldn't make it through Dr Giggles - I think the last time I couldn't make it through a movie for an episode was Letter from Death Row. It's just too dull.

Did you make it to the flashback where we see how the young Dr. Giggles escaped the police by hiding in the body of his dead mother?

That's probably the only thing I remember Dr. Giggles for.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

How could you all forget that Chris Cabin is the "total babe" of the group?

They are all pretty cute, though aren't they?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

I've got it, by the way.

Witchcraft XVI: Hollywood Coven.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

The Elm Street On-Screen was worth it just to hear Eric say "Freddy motorcycle" over and over. And Andrew's response. :allears:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Is there a list of all the movies the guys have said "Stay tuned" for?

I found one on Reddit, but it quickly devolved into people sharing what movies they wanted the guys to do an episode on and that's not the same thing.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

Silver Bullet and Moontrap.

There’s also a very good Christmas episode, with a German Santa and a put upon mother who has a idiot husband that cares more about presents than food on the table.

One Magic Christmas. #DoritaChips

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Violator posted:

Didn�t they kill the cenobites in part 2 with the intention of making that evil woman the baddie moving forward?

Yeah, but the actress made it clear she would not be returning for another movie.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

The Vosgian Beast posted:

You might be remembering The Day After Tomorrow

Both from Roland Emmerich!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

jojoinnit posted:

I'm was really looking forward to Dark Fate. I've wanted to hear their take on it since I saw it. :(

They said they're going to get to Dark Fate someday, just not this month.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

DoubleCakes posted:

The guys are going remote and for the time of their social distancing they are starting up a FREE podcast about some 90's television shows.

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1239625877434007552

Confirmed on Twitter that one of the '90s Fox shows covered will be Beverly Hills 90210. My guess for the other one is Martin. :v:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

A couple of Melro210 thoughts:

1.) I hope the guys find another warp pipe this Christmas and do an episode on the Christmas episode from season 3: Angels watch over the gang and protect them from a killer bus crash while David decides he will take extra courses so he can graduate with his friends.

2.) Given how much the guys seem to like Matt on Melrose Place, I can only imagine how bummed they're going to be when he's killed off in an off-screen car accident so Amanda can read his secret journal for a loving clip show.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

IBroughttheFunk posted:

September schedule's out! For folks who don't to know what's coming up:

Regular feed:

Episode 503 — Toy Soldiers
Episode 504 — Double Jeopardy
Episode 505 — Ricochet
Episode 506 — Cool World

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — Inside Man (2006)
Animation Damnation — Garfield and Friends: "Binky Gets Cancelled/Show Stoppers/Cutie and the Beast" (s2, e20)
The Nexus: TOS: "Wolf in the Fold" (s2, e14) TNG: "Up the Long Ladder" (s2, e18)
Gleep Glossary: Lowbacca
Patreon Re-Released Commentary: C.H.U.D.
Special Presentation: The KornKast

gently caress, I am excited for the end of the month - I have been requesting Cool World for the last several Listener Request Months

For some reason I thought Toy Soldiers was Small Soldiers at first. Which is a stay tuned, according to an episode I haven't listened to yet. Thanks WHM wiki! :v:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Whenever they do a younger version of one of them and they're excitedly talking to their mom and she goes, "I don't caaare!" (Plus everything mentioned so far.)

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

clown shoes posted:

WTF is Breeders?

Ultra low-budget and horribly offensive sci-fi movie about an alien that rapes and impregnates women. Most infamous for a scene where the naked impregnated women sit around in a bunch of white goo.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

That was a thing? What the gently caress? I don't remember that at all.

Are you ready for self-destructing DVDs?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1354246430333038598?s=19

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

teen witch posted:

When is the cutoff date again?

11:59 pm EST on February 2nd

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1388605644694081537

(That's Henry Gilbert and Bob Mackey from Talking Simpsons with the gang.)

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

The Simpsons movie? It did come out more than 10 years ago. (2007? Holy poo poo.)

https://twitter.com/whmpodcast/status/1388317183588114434?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

The gang is returning to Andrew's home studio!

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1392581891312730121?s=20