Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
I'm actually kind of concerned because on top of this decision to release prematurely this is what, the second producer to leave in a year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Arglebargle III posted:

Hey where is that cutaway view everyone was talking about a while back?

When you hover over the crew pictures in flight, there's a tiny little button that appears to the left. If you manage to click on it to get the exploded view.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Oberleutnant posted:

He tried to do it buy cutting out the middleman and just exploiting the gently caress out of his staff i guess :shobon:

From what I understand, he was also an employee of Squad and not the actual boss.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Warbird posted:

Alternatively you could join the Flowerchild cult and get BDSM (or BTSM I forget). Say what you will about that weirdo, he didn't put opt out tracking metrics that phoned home to his server full of KPOP photos and copywrited a hexagon.

isn't btsm still only for 1.0.4 ?

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Count Roland posted:

Very pretty screen shots.

How do you take them non-centered like that? And are there any visual enhancements?

Click+drag middle mouse button

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Arsonide posted:

There's also an option that would have helped Scott while landing that "ghosts" a navigation waypoint as it passes behind the navball. Instead of disappearing, it goes translucent. That option's been there for a few versions now, but granted it's not in an easily discernible location - it's in Contracts.cfg.

why

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

:aaaaa: where is the video???

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
have you tried playing it on Win10 instead? Runs like a dream for me.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Otacon posted:

EDIT: Wow! Searched Google Images for "ksp biome hopper" and found one of my crafts that I posted to this thread on Pinterist! I guess I'm famous?!
https://www.pinterest.com/zephael/kerbal-space-program/

oh poo poo yeah i'm in there too! this thing was about one and a quarter orange tank's worth of fuel, and it shed a shitload of non-fuel mass along the way. i *think* it ended up a better dV bargain despite the added weight of decouplers et al but it might have just been loving around with early tech-tree capabilities

going through my post history yields this treasure, from back when jet stages were an intensely brief fad:

0.22/23 was a magical time :allears:

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Kinda funny how polarizing this is.

well, kind of, in the sense that this seems to be split between literally just you on one side and everybody else on the other.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
per the weekly devnotes, the following is probably in the next update:

ksp weekly posted:

Struts have been updated with a new model, you can now select both ends of the strut to relocate them and also you can tweak them individually. This also applies to the Fuel Line parts.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlMbG4fUmRA

Hazard-ish is amazing and this vid had a couple of wrinkles that made me audibly curse at the screen :allears:

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Warmachine posted:

and it keeps loving with me because yeah you'd have done that in the original KSP flight model.

wait do nosecones do something now? ive been working under the assumption they dont this whole time, or at least do so little as to be not worth the dV cost of lifting them

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
does anybody have the old old video titled something like 'kerbal space program provides a realistic simulation of running a space program' a la that moonbase alpha video? if i remember right it had mario music overlaying it, and google is not being very helpful in finding it

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

El Jeffe posted:

I think they floated using Unreal at first but it's confirmed to be on Unity now.

isnt unity the one that merged with a spyware/malware company?

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

HonorableTB posted:

If y'all are worried about KSP2 performance at launch then you must not have been around at the start of KSP when performance was measured in minutes per frame when launching off the flat featureless untextured solid green level plane that was the play area at the time. KSP was ludicrously awful with performance for at least a couple of years, it took a while for Squad to even do a basic optimization pass. It didn't get to what we would consider an "acceptable" level of performance until sometime around 2017 or so, and I started playing this in 2011

KSP has always been a series that has been playable and fun in spite of the performance rather than not and if KSP2 starts out that way, then it's not the end of the world.

i feel like the crucial difference here is that back then the price point was "if you insist, paypal me a few dollars, but dont feel obligated, and if you pay seven dollars or more we'll say that all updates and expansions are free"

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
so another thing that its important to realise is that this isnt like the early days of ksp because this has been in development for three and a half years

the proper comparison is v0.90.0 Beta Than Ever, which sold at USD26.99 at release but almost immediately discounted down to $18 for the first week because the release was timed with the steam winter sale

here is the changelog for that release so you have an idea of implemented and iterated game mechanics

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
as a reminder, at three and a half years into development KSP1 had career mode, science mode, and asteroid redirect missions available as well as a robust docking and construction system and a thriving mod community that had been actively engaged with and planned for during engine overhauls, had fully rebindable support for multiple concurrent inputs including 3d mouse, and sold for twenty seven dollars

at three and a half years into development, ksp2 looks really pretty and sells for fifty dollars

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

my first piece of advice to every new player is always to ignore mun and go to minmus instead for this very reason. mun is a jerk, its gravity makes return landings deceptively hard and its terrain leads to toppled landers fairly often even if you've been playing ksp for a decade. plus minmus is just outright more fun to screw around on anyway.

yeah, the mun is *fantastic* for learning the basics of hohmann transfers and maneuver windows but a hell of a learning curve for landings and vice versa with minmus; for local operations i've always done kerbin orbit and vessel rendezvous -> munar rendezvous + molniya satellite relays -> minmus rendezvous + minmal satellite constellation -> minmus flats and mountain landing -> munar surface operations when im relearning orbital mechanics after a while away

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

OwlFancier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FecbRWJ1OM

It really does look unplayable tbh. Can't even get to the mun without the rocket spontaneously exploding a dozen times.

gods not even a minute in and giving a pre-emptive apology that the entire video was almost scrapped the bugs were so catastrophic...

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
i will admit i laughed pretty loving hard when matt got weeping angel'd by his own ship from a kilometer away; that wasnt anywhere near my list of bug guesses

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Zosologist posted:

Kerbal Space Program v2: Once Again Prematurely Deployed

Kerbal Space Program v2.0: Deployed Directly To NICU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Nalesh posted:

There was a couch coop game a couple of years ago where two(?) people controlled different parts of the same space ship and it was a blast.

spaceteam? up to eight players where everybody has their control panel on their phones and also get given instructions that usually dont correspond to their own panels so they have to shout bridge operations while listening out for commands they need to be following themselves and if you shell out money for dlc you can get a ship's cat that does nothing but gently caress with your own controls every now and again

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

hello internet posted:

Is there a mod that allows you to start career/science without having to spend a bunch of time collecting science on Kerbin?

you can change how much funds/science you start with directly from the difficulty configuration when you start a new game, no mods required

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Nalesh posted:

Well gently caress, was thinking of getting back into ksp 1 but neither global construction or remotetech is updated, are there spiritual successor mods for those or something?

remotetech is now part of stock ksp1 and there are tons of satellite refurbishment/orbit shift/retrofit contracts to keep you going back to networks you already set up

global construction is i think nowadays mostly replaced by extraplanetary launchpads

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oURiEP1O1U

matt lowne showing off some of the patch improvements and bugfixes; i'm honestly impressed by the improvements but its a bit sobering recognizing that its still very much low double digit framerates on his fairly beefy setup (and he does call out that even heavily modded ksp1 runs far and away better once it loads)

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

marumaru posted:

i just dont understand why anyone who bought this at launch didnt refund it. no content and no performance, why keep it

trusting the word of the publisher that this was the cheapest it was ever gonna be and the price would go up every update?

which sure that person's an idiot but also at every turn the blame is landed squarely on the publishers themselves for loving over everything about the game for a quick dollar

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Zesty posted:

Why not just unbookmark and check back next year? Like, it's fine.

because this isnt the ksp2 thread this is the ksp thread

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbsBtO0UWgk

matt lowne with a preview and conversation with and about Harvester's new game, Kitbash Model Club, as well as some opinions on KSP 1+2 and how KMC handles physics simulations to prevent wobbliness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

I’m asking to narrow the browser window to reflow the text.

I’m also not going to die on this hill. :)

E: To be clear, I meant the screenshots of text, not the screenshots of gameplay, sorry if I messed that up.

but there arent any screenshots of text in that post, there is only gameplay