Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I just finished rewatching season four and I still have no idea what Samuel's plan was, or why the cellist was so important to it. Best I can tell, he needed her to lure out the guy who could grow plants so their secret carnival valley could have plants. It's not like he needed her to cause destruction in Central Park. He had earthquake powers. To call people there, I guess, but a mysterious, presumably unlicensed carnival appearing overnight in the middle of New York would probably be enough to gather a crowd.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Season Four had Ray Park, Robert Knepper, Peter as a paramedic, and the last tiny bit of fun that could possibly be squeezed out of an evil Sylar where he's loving with Parkman's mind.

Season Three had Daphne.

It comes down to whether you prefer your poo poo with or without nuts. Either way, you're still getting poo poo.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
How do you feel about the Nissan Versa?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Heroes wishes it had a character as cool as Doctor Strange.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Save the Cosplayer, Save the World.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Azhais posted:

I'm sure there's someone out there that can raise the dead

That kid who killed his parents. When HRG had Peter take his powers for, ...something, I'm pretty sure he mentioned a similar incident had happened once or twice before.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
He's not wrong. The part where they stop Samuel from murdering a bunch of people/revealing powered people to the world so Claire can reveal powered people to the world by murdering herself and getting back up again on live TV was pretty funny.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Holyshoot posted:

Do I need to watch the 6 part mini series or can I skip that?

HRG's sidekick is way more likable in the web stuff, and it does a better job setting up the status quo for Evos than the episodes did.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Eezee posted:

I think we are supposed to pretend that nothing after the first season happened besides Claire revealing Evos to the world.

I thought the receptionist Noah attacked was Simone until she crumpled like an empty paper bag. What is and isn't canon is the biggest question mark the show has to offer.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Maybe he shouldn't have recruited those two Evos to blow up Odessa. :colbert:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"They're bringing in Alec Baldwi--?! Oh, her."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Maybe they're reassuring the audience that the show hasn't been prematurely cancelled and the clips featuring Masi Oka are just unfortunate editing. "Next week, Hiro's coming back!" should actually read "Next week! Heroes! Coming back!". It's a classic Die Bart Die scenario.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Great. Now I have to rewatch Spawn.

edit: Although, it's kind of cool that Jack Coleman's become the default Dr. Strange voice like Adrian Pasdar is Iron Man.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 22, 2015

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I honestly can't tell if I'm hatewatching this show or not. They're playing with a fuller world than SHIELD or Flash, only to completely squander it so they can replay all their worst beats, but it is so goddamn engaging in its awfulness.

Here are some random notes (by storyline) that I took during the episode:

- "I'll take this. Only bigger." "Sir, this is the submarine from Octonauts."

- So he went to buy a boat, then a candy bar, then went to kill himself on his new boat?

- Luke and Aurora Girl is the same story as Sylar and Black Eyes McGee from Season 2.

- Why would someone with teleportation who just teleported to Paris on a whim suddenly choose an EVO checkpoint to be all high and mighty about ethical treatment? Just teleport up there, bro. You're really making poor choices, not-Peter.

- What kind of comics do people read in a world with superheroes? In Watchmen, people read pirate comics. In Heroes: Reborn, everyone has abandoned comics forever.

- Speaking of which, shouldn't there be more than rumors that 9th Wonders stories came true? I mean, Isaac wrote and drew about bombs going off, eclipses, and even a regenerating cheerleader. And then a regenerating cheerleader reveals herself and EVOs to the world, and people are still skeptical of Isaac seeing into the future? Yeah, okay.

- Barrioman, you just willingly drank poison. You deserve to die.

- Why are Phoebe's powers lovely now? She was able to absorb light in the prologue, and now she has ineffective smoke tentacles or something? That dampen other EVO abilities? Since when? And how would her brother even know that if the last thing he really saw her do was control her own shadow?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Blazing Ownager posted:

I've said it before and I think it's worth saying again: If anyone here gave up on SHIELD in the first season, it's pretty much a different show now. It started at the very end of Season 1, but since then each season might as well have a new version number behind it; it seems to radically evolve each season.

The first season has the laundry list of problems that have been repeated ad nauseam here, there, and everywhere. The second had some okay spy work, stepped up the action scenes, and let Kyle MacLachlan go full-retard, but was still plagued with too many characters and not enough to really throw at them. This season, however, has been pretty great so far, and Iain De Caestecker deserves every single bit of praise that he's been given since the very beginning.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Gorilla Salad posted:

All I could think of every time they showed someone being shunted into the future was, "I wonder if they'll meet Peter's old girlfriend?"

She could be the Cable to Nathan and Aurora Girl's Luke and Leia.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Spacebump posted:

How did Nathan Jr. not steal Molly Walker or Angela Petrelli's powers? Shouldn't his interactions with them have caused him to lose Hiro's powers?

Equivalent-To-But-Legally-Distinctive-From-The-Speed Force.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
So business as usual for noted good decision maker Matt Parkman.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Eden. Isn't that the name of that girl who lived across from Mohinder?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The kid can teleport at will and unlocked the ability to freeze time this episode, but was abducted at gun point.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Legit forgot Phoebe's shadow powers dampen abilities for no reason.

Blazing Ownager posted:

In other words, he has her power now, once time unfroze?

Absorbing her power as he's leaving with the power he already had is totally something this show would do.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Yeah, but she has blood on her hands. Get it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
That was the cliffhanger?!

• Locked thread