Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, its just seven episodes and will have most of the supporting cast from the first Captain America movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sophia posted:

Someone name a TV show where they liked its ending and also genuinely liked the show (i.e. the ending can't be liked because it was simply put out of its misery like a dying dog).

I liked how the US version of Being Human ended.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sober posted:

The Spartacus ending was :black101: as gently caress and almost made me cry with the final scene.

"That is not my name" is a pretty boss ending. Also the ending ending with the credits, ending it on Andy. :cry:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

During Galavant ABC's commercials for the upcoming week have been all in song.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh poo poo, the guy Dustin Diamond stabbed died and now he's getting charged with 2nd degree murder. Is this how Screech's tale ends?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

I think you got tricked by someone.

Yeah, I did some looking afterwards and it turns out to have been a fake story. Which is strange because it wasn't written in a satirical manner or anything like that and it just seems like a bizarre thing to lie about.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Syfy is also putting out a series based on the Expanse books. While not exactly space opera it should have some space combat scenes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

Oh hey, good on Amazon for canning The After. A show that went so dumb in the last few minutes that I continue to forget it exists until someone else brings it up. I'm not sure I've ever seen a pilot that I was sold on halfway through but then ended in a way that made me laugh so hard and immediately trashed any good thoughts I had about it.

It could have been interesting but then it just constantly went all over the place. Like I couldn't even tell you what exactly was going on.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Boatswain posted:

Where should I start with Battlestar Galactica?

The modern one? You'll want to watch the miniseries before the actual series proper.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Boatswain posted:

I've just heard good stuff about it but there seems to be a 100 different things to watch. I guess I'll start with the miniseries then.

You really just want to start with the miniseries and then go on to the regular series. You can pretty much ignore the movies as well as Caprica and or Blood and Chrome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was also the oddly nonspecific disaster at the start where everyone is just milling about in the streets for no reason.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lycus posted:

Alt-history with the Nazis winning? I don't know. I'm not gonna be optimistic, I'll just wait and see.

This was the book that popularized the idea.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Whoa somebody put the whole first season of friends up on youtube!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MbJi0xtnEA

Well, that's a loving nightmare.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

USA has not so covertly canceled Covert Affairs and unlike other recently ended USA shows it is not getting a final season so the recently aired finale (which apparently ended on a cliffhanger) is it for the show. Not really a big surprise as the show got terrible ratings and USA has a ton of new content coming up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If there was a separate Adult Swim thread it'd get like 5 posts because they only ever air new stuff sporadically throughout the week.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think it could have been interesting if it didn't have any supernatural elements and was just about the apostles trying to decide what to do in the early days of the religion.

IRQ posted:

Looks like a crappy GoT metoo instead of a weird alternate history/modern day mashup like Kings was.

Man Kings was good. The lead was not so great, but Ian McShane and Creepy as gently caress Adult Macually Culkin(sp? the home alone kid) were amazing.

Its funny, the guy who was the lead on Kings is now the lead on Dominion, where he plays a messianic religious figure.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 9, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was kind of half and half. Although eventually the main character got the ability to cast out angel possession.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Megazver posted:

I like the iZombie trailer. Very Veronica Mars.

When is that supposed to start anyway?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kyle MacLachlin has officially signed on for the new season of Twin Peaks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Nope, nope. The king is from a dead Fox show called Mental, where a shrink had to cure a bipolar boy by figuring out how to beat the video game in his head. It shat on like... 5 fields all at once. I constantly think I'm the only one who ever watched that show.

The only thing I remember about that show is that it had a really poorly timed episode, guest starring David Carradine right after he accidentally killed himself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh poo poo, Hannibal has cast Richard Armitage as Francis Dolarhyde from Red Dragon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was Thorin (the head dwarf) in The Hobbit movies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

drat we got some Richard Armitage haters in this thread.

Well, he did try to kill Captain America.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So far Man Seeking Woman is pretty weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

thrakkorzog posted:

It was kind of weird, but It really wasn't all that weird, it mostly just committed to a bit.

Being set up on a horrible blind date happens. And getting dumped, only to see your ex moving on to dating some douchebag, that also happens. They just cranked it up to 11, where the blind date was literally a troll, and the ex was dating Hitler.

It was a decent pilot, but it seems like it could easily turn into some SNL style bit where they have one joke and they run it into the ground.

I think the biggest hurdle the show has is that some of the crazy stuff is actually happening (the troll and Hitler) but other stuff just seems to be going on in his head (the rain specific to him and the whole bit at the end.) Also it's kind of funny to see how between the filming of the pilot/first episode and the second Eric Andre filmed an entire season of his own show. You can tell because of his hair, in the first episode he has it long but in the preview for next week its a lot shorter. This is because for the recent season of The Eric Andre Show he chemically straightened it as a joke but this kind of ruined his hair so he had to cut it short afterwards.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Man I hope this is good but my expectations are mega low.

The book that it's based on is really good and we need some straight up space sci fi on TV real bad.

The rest of it might be okay but I have zero expectation that Syfy is able to make the Venus stuff from the end of the first book look good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Metal Loaf posted:

After I'd given up on Heroes, I heard that Bryan Fuller went back to it (Pushing Daisies had just been cancelled) and then left almost immediately because he decided it was impossible to salvage anything from it by that point. Any truth to that?

He came back for a very short period in (I believe) season 3. It wasn't very long but he did fix some of the season's problems.

In other Fuller news, while it doesn't have an official date NBC has stated that Hannibal returns sometime this summer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was watching old episodes of Bones on TNT and I realized I somehow missed a plot point. After the whole arc of Zach and the Gormagon they did the whole thing where Zach was in a mental institution but still helping out but in later seasons they don't mention it or him at all.

Did they actually write a conclusion to that or did they just kind of drop it between seasons?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GreenNight posted:

It was dropped and he has never been mentioned again.

Seems kind of an ignoble end to that character.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

True but I also don't have to buy a $400 Amazon console either. I mean, it's not going to go up on iTunes or something down the line.

Sony also sells the "Playstation TV" for $99. Although that $99 is kind of a misnomer as you need a controller and those are sold separately from that SKU.

Also the first season of Sirens is up on Netflix now (the second season starts next Tuesday.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Still think its goofy that Maria Thayer is going to be on a (mostly) serious cop show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

He "did" the Real Ghostbusters theme? Does that really count since it's basically a cover of the Actual Ghostbusters theme?

It would double not count since the Actual Ghostbusters theme was just a rip off of Huey Lewis and the News.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I think CBS are actively going after Wire actors since I see a lot of them on The Good Wife too. Or they all happen to be in the New York area.

Its just a New York thing, you can see the same thing with Law & Order.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

Who the gently caress is Jessica Jones.

She's a more recent character and her big thing is that she has superpowers but doesn't run around as a superhero. She did when she was younger but quit after a traumatic event.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OldSenileGuy posted:

Decided I'm gonna use blizzard-time to give Supernatural a chance. I watched the pilot and it was surprisingly decent.

A couple friends of mine have told me the first season is a little iffy, but it gets pretty reliably good by season 2. Is that pretty accurate? And, if so, what are the key season 1 episodes to watch so I won't be lost if I jump right into season 2?

Season 1 is okay but the episodes are extremely formulaic hitting a lot of the same story beats each episode. Things get better by the end of the season when they shake things up a bit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I actually don't think Racist Truck is that bad of an episode. Out of the first five seasons the only one I really hated was "Swap Meet" where Sam got his mind switched with some dork.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

pentyne posted:

Identity theft. Like, tons of it.

Well, more credit card fraud with supplemental gambling through pool hustling and card games.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That is not the queen, that is just two birds.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A weird thing about the first season of Supernatural is how often they gave Sam and Dean (mostly Dean) one episode love interests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I think Miller's version became broken and addicted to drugs after the Irene Adler/Moriarty fiasco. So he has feelings.

In Sherlock he specifically mentions in one episode (I believe the first one actually) that he is a high functioning sociopath.

• Locked thread