Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«149 »
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I've been playing the best golf of my life. It's pretty dope. Still got no power, but my chipping and putting game are on point.

Biggest thing I've noticed is I'm much more focused on the moment and visualizing what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm spending less time thinking about mechanical things. Seems to be working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Sataere posted:

I've been playing the best golf of my life. It's pretty dope. Still got no power, but my chipping and putting game are on point.

Biggest thing I've noticed is I'm much more focused on the moment and visualizing what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm spending less time thinking about mechanical things. Seems to be working.

I cannot, cannot, think about mechanics with success, so I've just trained myself to think about the shot, what I want to do. Having good distance information is a huge difference for me now, not because I need it for accuracy, but because I can visualize a 165 yard shot where I cannot visualize "keep your elbow in, shoulders aligned thusly".

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

torgeaux posted:

I cannot, cannot, think about mechanics with success, so I've just trained myself to think about the shot, what I want to do. Having good distance information is a huge difference for me now, not because I need it for accuracy, but because I can visualize a 165 yard shot where I cannot visualize "keep your elbow in, shoulders aligned thusly".

I have to be aware of certain things or I'll become a complete wreck. But that's mostly approach before the shot. If I don't plant my rear end and focus my head, I bob and just chunk everything.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah I think you need to work on technical stuff at the range - get it ingrained. When you're on the course you should be visualizing the shot, making sure your aim is correct and only think of good tempo during the swing.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Played yesterday and had a wholly unremarkable round however managed to see a few caricatures and played with one. Guy on his phone all around even putted on a few greens with it up against his ear, very important of course as owns a racehorse, believe me I knew because he wouldn't stop talking about it.

Angry mother fucker behind us who got stuck into me as we had "fallen behind by several holes" if by several holes he meant hitting off as the group in front walked off the green(par 3) and pointing out to him they were hitting off the next hole as we walked off the tee box. He then proceeded to blast the group in front, as they were coming abck up the parralell par 4, telling them they were holding us up only for them to turn around a flip us off as they left the next green. Caught up to them and enquired as to why they flipped us off to be told about the complainer from the group behind and they assumed we bitched about them which was not the case, all smiles and laughs as we realised what had happened.

Bad round but hey a little entertainment is always good right? One of the guys I played with was a great guy so I have a new playing partner for the foresomes championships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug

I played 18 today and continued my lifelong streak of never taking a divot with a few topped balls thrown in because I'm a flipper/trash can. At least I'm going to the Monte clinic in august so that'll hopefully get my game straightened out a bit. Still was a really nice day and I played for free so I can't complain too much.

«149 »