Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Dimebags Brain posted:

Are these people in the main event for the month?

The Royal Rumble is the main event, so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Please fire Kevin Dunn and use his salary to keep Brock Lesnar around/working more dates tia.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Brad Maddox made a thing. It's pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr2Wnjp8QJQ

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sir Jebus posted:

I'm going to write an essay about the symbolism of the different colored N64 controllers.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

MassRafTer posted:

I'm going to write an essay about the symbolism of the different colored N64 controllers.

The lovely see through controller is always for the other guy, so at least we know which one is the dominant Brad Maddox.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

The Royal Rumble is the main event, so yes.

The main event is whatever bullshit Cena's involved in actually!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Way too many of the rumble spots are already decided.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

They've been practically all decided for the last several years I think we've just generally ignored it in the past.

I'd like if they took Diego, Fernando, Gabriel & Titus out of the rumble as they literally do nothing, but man the roster is pretty thin when you look at it. Nobody you can even entertain the idea winning outside of Reigns & Bryan - and they sure hurt the idea that Bryan will win the Rumble last night.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jan 20, 2015

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

If I was forced to book this terrible Rumble Sami Zayn's music hits the second Bryan gets tossed.
He could end up like Rey but at least it's someone the crowd might love rather than somebody they might not boo.

e: I wonder what the quarter hours look like for Bryan and Bray after the 8:30 ad break vs. Reigns at 9:15 making the save for Flair with Hogan and Michaels.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jan 20, 2015

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Looking at that rumble entrant list has made me way less excited.
The cynic in me is thinking all the jobbers are in there just for reigns to eliminate and beat his record.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I kinda can't tell who's gonna win anymore so I'm interested in the rumble again I guess.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Roman Reigns will win the rumble, and everyone will groan in unison.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Reigns winning would be a good way to get me to stop watching.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Sir Jebus posted:

How appropriate that his controller is missing the rumble

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So is it just me or did the ending of RAW really come across like a serious Lesnar face turn? I mean, taking on three guys to get your hands on the guy that attacked you last week and slamming two giants is something that Cena would be proud of.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jan 20, 2015

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Erick Rowan has a twitter

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Rowan knows Reigns is winning.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Records are made to be broken, and this Sunday, Roman Reigns will break his previous record by coming in at #1 and then throwing literally everyone out as soon as they step in by doing nothing but superman punches.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He'll point to the Wrestlemania sign, then Superman Punch himself over the top rope.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Daniel Bryan posted:

If they do Kane vs Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania, they really are the loving dumbest.

Ehhh I like seeing Daniel Bryan do stuff, I don't care what it is. I'd really like to see them put Kane vs. Daniel Bryan in a loser leaves the WWE match and having it be Kane's retirement match. That would be a Wrestlemania moment especially if afterwards they hug it out. Might even make me cry.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Way too many of the rumble spots are already decided.

There's what, 4 spots left? And you've gotta think 3 of those will be Ziggler, ryback and Rowan so that leaves one spot for a surprise return or legend?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Testekill posted:

So is it just me or did the ending of RAW really come across like a serious Lesnar face turn? I mean, taking on three guys to get your hands on the guy that attacked you last week and slamming two giants is something that Cena would be proud of.
Booking is so bad that it's hard to tell if this was intentional.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Copper For Lyfe posted:

There's what, 4 spots left? And you've gotta think 3 of those will be Ziggler, ryback and Rowan so that leaves one spot for a surprise return or legend?

There's 13 announced entrants, not including Ziggler, Ryback, or Rowan.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Skunkrocker posted:

Four unannounced wrestlers in the Royal Rumble out of the full thirty, eh?

Well here goes my theories/fantasy bookings!

Surprise Old School Return - X-Pac. He was on the show this week, still looks better and younger than JBL and the New Age Outlaws, didn't do poo poo. What's stopping him? I'd love to see him return for one night.
Surprise NXT Entrant - Could be anyone really, but my guess is going to be someone they're planning on bringing up soon afterwards and actually doing something with like with Rusev, so I'm going to guess Adrian Neville. Seems he's been in NXT long enough and is amazing and a crowd favorite, and he could for sure be one of the next NXT call ups.
Surprise Returning Active Wrestler - Randy Orton hands down. Condemned 2 is in post, so he's not filming anymore, and his return is expected to get a mega pop.
Surprise Stupid loving Joke - Joey Mercury only to get eliminated in less than ten seconds.

I don't think they can afford to have Randy return at the Rumble and not have him win it, and I don't think they'd have him win it. If he's returning I bet he returns to screw Seth Rollins out of winning the title at Rumble with an RKO out of nowhere and that'll be all he does on the night.

I think that Triple H will enter himself at number 30 to try to screw Bryan over and Sting will get involved again.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MacDougall posted:

I don't think they can afford to have Randy return at the Rumble and not have him win it
Nobody gives a poo poo about Randy Orton.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo about Randy Orton.

Orton was a global meme about 2 months ago. He'll come back to a monster pop through the absence making the heart grow fonder principle and they need to capitalise on it. He was pissed at Rollins before he left. If they put him in the Rumble and he loses it he'll be back to square one so fast. They need to take advantage of his initial pop and get him super hot. He should be Rollins Mania feud. Let Rollins hold the case for a little while longer. Their feud could get them both more over than ever.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
I didn't watch raw, is The Vigilante Sting still a thing?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

They've been practically all decided for the last several years I think we've just generally ignored it in the past.

I'd like if they took Diego, Fernando, Gabriel & Titus out of the rumble as they literally do nothing, but man the roster is pretty thin when you look at it. Nobody you can even entertain the idea winning outside of Reigns & Bryan - and they sure hurt the idea that Bryan will win the Rumble last night.

Ehh, I don't think it's THAT thin, honestly. I think they just go out of their way to make it look that way. If they did what they used to do and put everyone in the match, they'd have a really quality lineup of people, but they're just so determined to dilute EVERYTHING these days.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Sir Jebus posted:

Brad Maddox talks good

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
The rumble is in Philly, so the secret old-school entrant will be RVD wearing an ECW shirt, you dummies.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Booking is so bad that it's hard to tell if this was intentional.

Would be just like the WWE to blunder into something like this.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MacDougall posted:

Orton was a global meme about 2 months ago. He'll come back to a monster pop through the absence making the heart grow fonder principle and they need to capitalise on it. He was pissed at Rollins before he left. If they put him in the Rumble and he loses it he'll be back to square one so fast. They need to take advantage of his initial pop and get him super hot. He should be Rollins Mania feud. Let Rollins hold the case for a little while longer. Their feud could get them both more over than ever.

Orton will be fine and no more or less over no matter what they do with him, as the past years and years of Randy Orton has proved. He doesn't need a Rumble win and losing won't hurt him one bit

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Sockser posted:

At King of Trios, I was waiting to buy a Fire Ant shirt, and there was this like, five year old kid with a lucha mask pulled over his head, like just sitting on his noggin, asking the girl running the merch table if the wrestlers were going to be okay after Deucalion broke their spines.

It was adorable.

I once had to explain to a distraught kid who was sitting in front of me why Matt Hardy turned on Jeff. Poor little guy.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Testekill posted:

Not just you, I got to that vibe as well. The Rollins/Heyman segment on smack down points to it as well. Not sure what the point of the turn would be, unless Brock re-signs.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
In my dream WWE Sting's gimmick would be just messing with HHH. Not only during the show, but have pretaped vignettes of HHH at a restaurant ordering a medium rare steak, it comes out well done and Sting pops his head up out of the kitchen wearing a chef's hat with a huge grin.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

My prediction is Bryan loses on Smackdown, but then is a surprise entrant in the RR anyway to make up for last year.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

keevo posted:

Wrestlemania 32 is officially at the ATT stadium in Dallas (ok Arlington but only jabronis care about the difference).

https://twitter.com/WrestleMania/status/557425578257944576

Well, if Austin is ever going to pop in for a match at Wrestlemania, I'd have to figure it would be at 32 in Texas. Now that would be a hell of a booster shot in Wrestlemania/network buys. Since the dream match with Punk is off the table, barring divine intervention, maybe he'd fight HHH, Bryan or Cena? One of the former Shield members could work too, if they really built someone up by then.

It makes me sad that the streak isn't a thing anymore, because the next best thing to a Punk match would have been Stone Cold coming back to try to beat the streak just for the hell of it.

Orgophlax posted:

My prediction is Bryan loses on Smackdown, but then is a surprise entrant in the RR anyway to make up for last year.

I'd be down for that, he'd already get a huge pop when his number's called but having that happen when no one expects him to be in the match would be a bit better. I don't know how you'd still surprise anyone unless he already had a match earlier at the PPV though, and I wouldn't put Bryan in that position fresh off his injury.

BrutusBeefcake
Jun 6, 2003
Every year they announce a ton of entrants for the Royal Rumble beforehand, and every year a handful of them are replaced by surprises and/or other jobbers, and not a word is ever spoken of it. I wouldn't put a ton of stock in the official list at all.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Roman, Cena, and the Outlaws are all winning on Sunday and that makes me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

BrutusBeefcake posted:

Every year they announce a ton of entrants for the Royal Rumble beforehand, and every year a handful of them are replaced by surprises and/or other jobbers, and not a word is ever spoken of it. I wouldn't put a ton of stock in the official list at all.

2015 Rumble Winner Arn Anderson

• Locked thread