Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

hello february

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Rhyno posted:

God drat it.

Had a fight with the girlfriend after an awesome day together over the dumbest poo poo.

I had a fight with a girl today before the first date even happened. *jumps out of plane, pulls ripcord*

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Sorry to the guy on two lane country backroad tonight who decided to tailgate me hardcore when I was doing 55 in a 45 and then had the unfortunate timing of trying to pass me just as I dropped it into third and stomped on it. I feel kind of like a dick but at the same time, gently caress that dude. Also the headlights looked vaguely like an Audi b5, so double gently caress that guy.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

Did you intentionally gently caress with him, or was it legit poor timing? Because the former is a bad move and you should feel bad.

It was just bad timing, I saw him way way too close up in my rear view and I was reasonably sure at that point that it wasn't a cop so I was like gently caress it and downshifted and by the time I looked back in my mirror he had already pulled out into the other lane. Woops.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Somewhat Heroic posted:

So the Nuremberg Toy Fair is winding down and all of the details on different new product announcements are coming out. If I had nothing but time/space/money I would buy and build every Tamiya kit offered. Check out some of their shenanigans from this year:

I wouldn't even end up driving them. I just want to build them and maybe burn a battery or two through them

aaaaaaaaaagghh gently caress *whips out credit card and blindly shoves it at the internet*

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Powershift posted:

I'm playing with my phone camera and a bunch of lenses out of my old buggered camera.

neat stuff

Nice. Please send me your pants or your grandma's quilt or whatever the gently caress that is so I can reupholster my seats with it.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

While I was knuckle deep in my E30 bleeding all over the place, the old lady across the tracks with a silver '91 318i sedan drove by and we waved to each other.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I literally cannot get enough of listening to cheapskates bitching about their cheapskate fixes exploding fantastically on them.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I love Taylor Swift

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I am in love with Taylor Swift as a person and I can only hope she has a secret fetish for weird, doughy, depressed software engineers.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

The E21 runs, drat thing started right up. Running a little rough so I need to look into that but I'm guessing it has something to do with the oil coming out of the header... :bang:

So just a shot in the dark here since I haven't dealt with this crap before. Rings shot if I'm getting oil coming out the exhaust via blow by? The oil is higher than it needs to be but this is a lot of oil coming out after running for 10-15 seconds.

Next weekend is Valentines day, ask her out.

Exhaust manifold studs. Depending on the head the upper stud holes actually open up into the valve train, lots of people w/ 2002/E21's have had issues with oil leaking around the #1 stud. Pull studs, clean threads, replace + loctite.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

Holy poo poo I did not know this. This is the 2.0L head and I'm currently running 5 instead of 8 exhaust studs...that might have something to do with it. Think the ones I'm missing are top on 2/4 and bottom on 4. Knew I should have ordered a set of those. Will have to see if I can get the old studs free from the old exhaust manifold then remove/clean/loctite all of them.

:stonkhat: yeah, go get some new studs. #07129908134 I believe. They're less than a dollar a piece.

Moxie Omen fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 6, 2015

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

NitroSpazzz posted:

Just requoting this to say thank you. No more oil pouring out the exhaust stud holes. I didn't pull all of them and reused studs but have a full new set coming in for when I yank the engine. Idle has smoothed out a bit after letting it run for 5 minutes or so...I think it needs a Italian Bavarian tuneup.

Need to re-bleed the clutch slave, feels like there is air in the line and it won't go into gear. First it's a cigar break on the back patio. Absolutely wonderful February weather, 62F with very little wind. Times like this remind me why I haven't moved back up north.

Cheers mate. I'd love to have a E21 or a 2002 again some day when I have a suitable place to keep it.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Why do I have to own 25+ year old piece of poo poo cars? Why can't I just drive them all to the junkyard, title and keys in the seat, walk away and buy an actual new car? Barf

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Cakefool posted:

You can, you'll just have to deal with dealer bullshit then paying all your money for a dull as poo poo car.

Unless you buy and dd an atom.

I could do this, though realistically it'd probably be an Alfa 4c or a E92 m3.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I should definitely get rid of my E34 and replace it with a Diesel VW Rabbit truck, right? Because that's a good decision, yes? I wanted a truck and that is kind of like a truck.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

rscott posted:

If you want something diesel, I will trade you (1) W126 300SD for your E34

It's more truck bed that I'm interested in than diesel.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

My interests are primarily "interesting" truck-like things. 4x4 Jeep MJ, Hilux, or a diesel caddy.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

MrChips posted:

Can you actually find a Caddy that isn't grossly overpriced? Around here Caddys trade hands routinely for $4-5000, even for lovely awful ones.

There's definitely a tax. I'm waiting to hear more about one in the 4k range.

I deal primarily in E30's so I'm pretty used to unrealistic market expectations at this point.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

blk posted:

Owner of a business I consult for: "Hey, could you wipe a personal computer for me so I can recycle it?"
"Sure, just leave it on my desk."

send to me, I will pay shipping, thanks in advance

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

CornHolio posted:

I called dibs already you guys :greencube:

I will give you an E34 if you un-call dibs.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

We can all car-joust for the SE/30

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Absolutely nothing could go wrong in a $400 BMW right?

BUY THEM BOTH

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Food poisoning can suck it. I don't remember it being this bad.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I had it for the first time about a year ago, as far as I can tell from an expired diet coke (like 4 yrs exp). It was baaad. It kicked in after I left work and went to visit my new GF, who was housesitting her parents recently finished three-year Craftsman mansion remodel.

Imagine kneeling in front of the spotless toilet in the spotless bathroom, forcefully projectile vomiting while trying not to splatter stomach acid on the intricate marble tilework or handmade brazilian mahogany cabinetry. Then, imagine going back to bed in the guest room and waking up an hour later, slowly realizing you have poo poo the foulest brew imagineable all over your side of the Stickley bed and nice sheets.

It was a nightmare. We're still together though :3:

I spent most of last week either in bed, doubled over the edge of my bathtub dry heaving, or making GBS threads totally clear with what looks like bits of my intestinal lining. I don't know what it is that started this either, so I'm just going to avoid eating all food forever now.

TMI cheers everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I have no wife or girlfriend but my land lady who lives downstairs was nice enough to go get me some things. Maybe I can get her to leave me the house in her will.

• Locked thread