Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

does anyone want to hear about an online crime rpg i play?

i make spreadsheets to plan things out for it so you know it's gonna be a blast

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

you can spend a few minutes daily and make slow progress

torn.com

i don't want to spam my referral link but you can pm me for it if you want me to get nice things if you play long enough

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i am gradually convincing my faction (gang) in the game that our motto should be "drink beer and do crimes"

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

this doesn't surprise me, the game is pretty old and also crimes.

i'm new-ish at it (like four months so far) but i'm having lots of fun and my faction is nice. it is fun to chat with them and do crimes (and laugh at how absurd the game is)

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Heather Papps posted:

Dang gotta see if my KoL account is still active

i love(d) kol, but recently some stuff has come to light about jick and now i don't want play anymore :(

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

oh jeez that was a fun game. i made some stupid deck once that gave me infinite turns and i'd set up a lot of black vises and then force my opponent to draw lots of cards

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

oooooooooooooooh

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i got the "tale of two wastelands" mod working for fallout new vegas and this is gonna take a lot of my spare time now

i have no idea how many playthroughs of fnv i've done by now. love that game!

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

ToxicFrog posted:

Is that the one that merges FO3 and FNV?

yeah! it also adds a bunch of neat stuff - all the fo3 perks that weren't in fnv are back, but the boring ones (+5 to two skills :effort:) all get changed into interesting things like "get a discount at shops, and gain extra experience for speech checks" or "weapons have less spread and degrade slower".

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

https://playoutworlder.com/demo

rad demo for a rad goon-made game. if you enjoy the demo the preorder is also live

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

http://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

did you play a lot of flash games when you were younger? i played a lot of flash games when i was younger. now you can get all these old flash games and keep them on your computer, for free, forever!!!

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

civ vi has some changes from v that made me not enjoy the demo - the main one was terrain always taking full movement to cross (can't walk next to a river and then cross it, need to walk next to it and then wait until next turn). also i did not like the art style.

i have however enjoyed sulla's writeups of some multiplayer matches

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

name her peach

rename ness as mario

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923363

come play my favourite janky online crime rpg with me and other goons :buddy:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i'm replaying far cry 4, and it's fun, but also a lot of my enjoyment comes from "oh man this feature is so much better than it was in far cry 3". also the protag of 3 is garbage and the protag of 4 is... fine. he's fine.

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Finger Prince posted:

I re-downloaded and fired up Civ 4 on my laptop the other day, because Civ 5 runs like crap on it and it only has a mostly full 120gb hard drive.
Man, Civ 5 is really good, but Civ 4 really was the high water mark. Hell, it's worth it just for the Leonard Nimoy voiceovers.

my brother and i have a fun game we play, where we text each other civ 4 tech quotes, except we mix and match bits of them

"i've got one word for you, just one word: beep"

"the wisest men follow the barrel of a gun"

"the bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of one ruler, one king"

"i cannot live without pig iron"

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i've started modding Freelancer (space ship shooty game from 2000) - i've played the game a million times, so it's fun to give myself un-challenge runs. i made my fav ship have 10 guns instead of 6, and made the best missile launcher have unlimited ammo and the missiles fly faster and track for longer.

it's nice to just relax and blow stuff up with my ubership, in an old familiar setting

also unlike Star Citizen, Freelancer actually got finished and released lol

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Jolo posted:

I'm having an alright time with New Vegas but now I keep running into groups of Caesar's legion that are nearly invincible. I'm trying to go way out of my way on the map to avoid them and I still keep running into them. Most of the enemies in this game take damage from my guns but these guys take dozens of headshots and keep on going, it just seems kinda dumb. The combat sucks so there doesn't seem to be a strategy I'm not thinking of to make them manageable. Am I missing something? I'm about 10 hours in and I'm trying to go to Boulder but these bozos are along the way.

what's your general build and what weapons are you using?

i have played through new vegas enough times that i have no idea how many times it has been

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

playing hades i have finally managed to beat up my dad

i got the upgrade that turns the mortar into a rocket launcher which turns out to be Very Good at dealing with groups and bosses

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i'm trying to always use stuff i haven't used yet to finish off those quests, and some times it's Really Really Great, and other times it's just okay!

like the worst combos i've ended up with still make me go "hey this is pretty fun". game is very well designed, for me at least!

also it's been good for me getting chores done today and yesterday, ever since i implemented the rule of "get at least one useful thing done between each hades run"

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i am now very far into Hades and have won many times and accomplished a Big Task (and have now unlocked a new Big Task). the game is great i love it

my only complaint is that i seem to have made plot progress faster than they intended, because people who are now chill with me due to plot changes are still grumpy with me in conversations in the hub. so they like me, unless we're relaxing at home, they are mad at me if we're relaxing at home.

oh well, i will keep talking to them and giving them juice and they will like me at home too :buddy:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

yeah that is my most-used power, it's so good! it enables spicy gameplay decisions like dashing right into a ton of projectiles of right into a horde of mooks. if it appears in my choices i will always take it no matter what the other options are (at least, now that i've used all her other boons at least once!)

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i like that in BotW blood moons will happen a) if it's been long enough and enough stuff is dead so it needs to restock the enemy bin, or b) something in the game got hosed up so let's just reset all the enemies and hopefully that'll fix it

i like it when game devs implement clever dodges to get around bugs that they can't fix in time

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Bobby Deluxe posted:

there should be a lego mmo

they tried! they made one, where anyone could build anything, but then there was a problem of Too Many Lego Dongs Everywhere

they should make a lego mmo that plays like the "lego [franchise name here]" where you go around punching the scenery to collect lego studs that let you buy cheat codes

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Bobby Deluxe posted:

lego starwars is the best starwars game, if u disagree i will fight you (in lego star wars)

it is definitely one of the best, but also it was made before they implemented splitscreen for co-op, so if you've got two people playing who want to check out different directions at the same time (ie me and my spouse literally 100% of the time we play), the screen just sort of gets stuck as both you run in place on the screen boundaries! later games don't have this problem, and going back it can be hard to get used to the worse camera.

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

that probably would be my experience if i was playing with my brother, too. spouse is, surprisingly, less inclined to ganking me when they want to go east while i'm going west :v:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i bought oxenfree because i enjoyed a let's play of it very very much, and there have been at least three times since that i've installed it, never got around to playing, and uninstalling after 6 months.

oh well, devs got my money, which was my main goal anyway

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Pollum pollum, otemgru.

alexander's partybro civlish is the best

oomstair gnairo!!!

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

meanwhile Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (Classic, 2005) is like 10 bucks and is still lots of fun :buddy:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i like the gun because the secondary fire is very useful in phase two of the final fight - you have guaranteed a way to do damage while staying behind cover, even if you didn't get any boons that would help with that

the fourth version of the bow can also do this, depending on positioning - the special is different and can bounce off walls a little

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Jolo posted:

I had a really good setup last night but Hades still got me at the end. Had the Spear with rapid attack and the split attack that hits in a 3 prong in front of Zag.

I think the my main setback is just inexperience with that fight. As with many fights in the game the screen can get really busy and I'm not sure yet when I can attack him from nearby safely. I feel like I'll get him soon though!

phase one the best times to attack imo are right after he finishes a big stab or sweep, he usually takes a bit of time to start doing stuff again. excellent time to hit him in the back or hit him with your cast or w/e. it's also good to figure out asap if you can reliably kill the skulls quickly, or if you're better off just dodging over the big green waves

phase two i spend a lot of time dodging and then mostly hit him after he does his big jar summon or big laser. ideally i'll have some way to hurt him when hiding from the laser (hangover/doom/certain setups with jolt or chill, casts that can hit him while i'm in cover)

also my playstyle i basically am never not dodging, i'm p much always hitting the dodge button twice before doing anything and then immediately dodging two more times

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Heather Papps posted:

for some reason i beat sleeping dogs a few days ago and i'm still kind of thinking about it. the combat is very satisfying and the environmental kills made it feel like a hyper violent jackie chan film and i am absolutely here for that. i'm going to be building a new pc over the next little while and i think i'm gonna buy the definitive edition with the dlcs and play it again?

just a very solid gta clone where fistfights are actually enjoyable and feel weighty.

another one of my fav games! the dlc is good, both of the big ones are very funny.

when i first played, i'd played a lot of cover shooters previously, so i was definitely doing gunplay wrong. once i figured out that i should be vaulting over cover 100% of the time in order to get slowmo, gunfights became way more fun and dynamic

if i could make changes to sleeping dogs here are the only things i would change:

1. be able to call a taxi on your phone
2. be able to skip a song on the radio
3. a "warp to shore" button like in saint's row, i don't care if it's not realistic, one time i got my boat blown up and had to spend like 15 minutes swimming back to land

such a good game though

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

do you want to run forward at high speed and murder a million things, or do you want to explore a large environment and solve puzzles, while also murdering things

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Nosfereefer posted:

been playing the ADOM remake on steam, and finally got a character who's doing great and making progress

then i enter a random room, and the game pronounces me dead. just like that.

10/10 would rougelike again

haha yes adom rules

i'm bad at actually playing it though so i have no legit wins

but also i have access to an old build (0.9.9 g16p2) and a cheat for it that puts two wands of wishing with effectively infinite wishes in Terinyo, which is super fun to mess around with

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Nosfereefer posted:

its pretty much just dying constantly, meticulously planning against whatever new bullshit the game throws out of nowhere, and finding new exciting ways to get killed. like low level enemies paralysing you until you actually starve to death

figured out i got killed by a banshee scream, so i guess ill find a way to make the next dude permanently deaf. maybe also blind if there are basilisk further down

beeswax in the ears, my friend! and no basilisks unless that's new to the remake, and also gorgons don't petrify you via sight

i have been playing adom for... nearly two decades now? and never won because i am bad at it. gotten pretty dang far though!

meanwhile my lil bro has beaten it multiple times and gotten special endings and does challenge runs :negative:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Nosfereefer posted:

that's pretty impressive. i was p sure adom was one of those games that one person managed to win at some point

gonna keep beeswax around from now on!

my favourite thing about the beeswax in the ears trick is that it's the sole reason that there's a command to clean out your ears.

at any other point in the game, using it just tells you that your ears are already clean! it's great

Heather Papps posted:

this is me with stone soup, down to my little bro beating it a million times

:negative::respek::negative:

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

RickRogers posted:

After dark soulsing for a bit now, I have discovered that I do not lose my temper at games anymore; I merely open my eyes very wide in shock after the "incident" has occured, put down the controller very carefully and say "well, fine then" and look for something good to drink.

the way i got over getting mad at video games was by forcing myself to say "i'm mad about video games" whenever i was, which would make me feel silly and embarrassed. eventually i stopped getting mad!

still get frustrated, though, but that's different and doesn't lead to problems or feeling bad after i stop playing

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Nosfereefer posted:

cat dude: after dealing w/ the wyrm, you basically have much of the tools to avoid death, and the game is actually not that arbitrary anymore. death is usually due to not paying attention. well, at a certain point the cat lord is spawned and he will wreck you. the best bet is to hope that you can sneak through the level, never meeting him. gently caress that guy. maybe four hours or more at this point

have you tried: not killing any cats

seriously it makes the encounter Very Very Different

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

Nosfereefer posted:

that would be such a frustrating experience, i would have to cheese entire dungeon floors, and what if im not able to outrun them? or if i meet one in the arena? why, its so drat ridiculous im definitely gonna try it

teleportation, casting calm monster, casting stun ray or slow monster and running, luring them into a room and then closing the door (cats don't have hands!!), giving them raw meat, playing music to calm them down

arena is a tricky one to be fair. if you've got a potion of exchange you can chuck it at them (and hope they fail to dodge) to turn them into something else. wands of trap creation might work too, although now that created traps are actually random (it used to be a nice predictable pattern!) it's harder to get a good trap. i think potions of raw chaos might transform them too?

e: also if any other monster/companion gets the kill you're okay, even if you tell your companion to attack the vicious cave tiger. not your fault that he listened to you!!

gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

yeah i think if you have lucky and/or fate smiles, there's a chance that a killing blow leaves you at 1hp instead

e: probably it's actually something like "on a killing blow make a roll with all your luck modifiers" but i usually forget about all except those two

gallery of sigs

he/him