Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

tithin posted:

Honestly, thinking about it, if there WERE a beloved princess, it'd be Prince loving Phillip, with Abbott as the bodyguard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
no no, i'm here today, i just took the dog for a walk and now i'm catching up on posts. i'll be around for the rest of the afternoon.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
nameclaiming reeks of ignoring the evidence that the names either don't mean anything; they're opposite to what we'd all expected; or they're based on some totally alien system incomprehensible to mortal minds (ie., who mills does or doesn't like). so it's at best pointless, and at worst could be seen as an attempt at leading people back into the name and role analysis that proved to be so destructive in the transformers game. so i'm kind of suss on people who keep trying to weasel names out of the other players.

i don't have anything to say wrt "she's not playing like herself". this is literally my second game. i don't have a signature playstyle yet and am just trying to break away from the mistakes i made in my last game, where i was too aggressive, almost got lynched, and then got killed on day 2 because soag thought i was suss.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

No thoughts on the princess/cop/not scum reveal?

Interesting.
there's too many variables for me to comment on that. a well-coordinated scum team could have one claim a princess role and another claim a cop role, both fake, but guaranteeing that nobody was game to lynch the first player and were reluctant to lynch the second. yes, it's a long shot, but people in this very game have claimed that scum throwing their own godfather under the bus on the first night is semi-feasible and i think it would be a pretty straightforward ploy compared to that.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
and the only way to test either of you now would be to lynch the other one. if they flipped scum, that would throw some serious shade on the first player. but if they flipped town and it turned out they were telling the truth, it would have serious repercussions for the town team.

it would have been nice if the princess had a guard who could volunteer to be lynched to guarantee her claim, but conveniently that doesn't seem to be the case.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
isn't the guard's only power protecting the princess? that's hardly a major role. and they would flip "the hon. jane smith, town guard" and there, everybody would know that there was definitely, without a doubt, a princess involved. it would be better to lynch a guard with no repercussions than lynch a princess and give scum two night moves. but there isn't a guard, and quite honestly i believe there isn't a princess either.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm on the mafia wiki now and i can't see anything related to there usually being a guard associated with a princess after all. who was it that said that the two usually go together?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

whats for dinner posted:

what would be the point in a guard if only lynching triggered the beloved princess' power, anyway? the guard appears to act as a one-shot bodyguard, which is for night actions
i was labouring under the impression that a princess usually has a guard; so if there's a guard, then there's probably a princess. however, now that i'm looking at the wiki, it doesn't mention that a princess usually has a guard at all, so whoever it was that said that itt was wrong and i'm throwing poo poo under false pretenses

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh ok, that must be where it came from. so i wasn't wildly misled.

so we have a few possibilities here.

1) mills hates town so much he wrote a princess into a small, mostly-vanilla game without any kind of failsafe

2) gaspy is princess and has a guard somewhere who isn't revealing their role yet - which is fair enough, it wouldn't be worth it to them to flip their cards unless gaspy was right on the verge of getting lynched

3) gaspy is not a princess and is chucking an anidav by claiming a destructive role so he stays in the game for longer (unlikely)

4) gaspy is not a princess, but is some other sort of vital role instead, so he's claiming something that neither scum nor town will want to kill in order to cover his arse so he can keep working his magic

5) gaspy is not a princess and is in fact a scum playing us all for laughs

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Kommando posted:

ok, It may hold some info, and I like the flavour.
joe hockey was godfather. the real joe hockey couldn't connive his way out of a paper bag. also, malcolm turnbull was doctor, where the gently caress did that come from? maybe if it was the minister for health or something, but turnbull makes no sense.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Freudian Slip posted:

Ahh - I thought you were worried about me being "florid" and "prolix"

The thing is though I am town and I know TOML is town - so I do feel he is on my side :shrug:
wait, how do you know toml is town?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Bifauxnen posted:

did you miss the copclaim entirely? WFD said he investigated TOML and Gaspy and got town for both.
but how do you know wfd is telling the truth?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am straight-up going to accuse wfd and gaspy of being in cahoots here.

i think they're both scum

i think they either arranged for tirade to be turbo-lynched on the first day to get the shade off them or because he was genuinely being a pretty lovely scum player (roleplaying even after it was obvious it was going to get him lynched) who would do them more harm than good in the long run even though he was a godfather

and i think they decided on gaspy's ridiculous princess claim to stop him from getting lynched, while also preventing people from questioning why the scum weren't killing him despite his major role in the tirade lynching (because we can all see it would be far more valuable to scum to leave him alive and let him stir the other townspeople up into a frenzy with his insufferable smugposting until they all lynch each other, or finally get sick of him, lynch him anyway, and give scum two night moves)

and wfd roleclaimed cop to get the heat off him

absolutely nobody is suss on toml, including me, so wfd picked toml as a surefire town to back up his cop claim. why would he even investigate toml on the first night? why not gaspy or beet or bif or, like, anybody else? cops don't go around investigating people they're 99% sure are innocent. so by saying "hey i looked at toml and he's town", he's instantly got toml on side and toml is one of the best debaters in the game if wfd and gaspy need backup somewhere down the line

seriously, you people

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
##vote Asphyxious

and may the good lord judge me if i'm wrong

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have no idea who the cop is. there's been a few people who are far quieter than usual, it could be any of those. but it's highly unlikely that one of them would claim unless it was absolutely necessary - they're probably laying low to see what happens today, and if it looks like gaspy's trying to get a train started tomorrow, they'll step up and confess and take their nightkill like an abbott

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Those On My Left posted:

I'm getting increasingly suspicious that your investigation of Asphyxious was busdriven.
or this.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
acknowledging "yes, this is also a possibility" is not "clinging"

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
how does my argument not make sense? it makes more sense than mills dropping a princess into a small game with nothing to protect the town

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
not if you assume there's another cop lurking who is currently suss on absolutely everyone and doesn't want to get nightkilled before they can at least try to figure out who's telling the truth and who's telling fabulous lies

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Kommando posted:

vote for Beet, hes a bad Beet
on the first day we had the wonder trio of beet, toml and gaspy, all provoking each other and creating a shitload of white noise and sending everybody into a confused frenzy. i think it's dead certain that one of those three is scum, and they know how to set the other two off so they deliberately started a fight with the intention of causing havoc and generating some nonsense "data" that they could use against innocent players

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

I think you're overthinking it.
day 1 started with a dead godfather who didn't even try to avoid annoying everybody and drawing attention to himself, i think it's safe to say some bizarre strategy is going on

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
yes, i am known for being an extremely calm and peaceful goon who never snaps and does strange things in a moment of hysteria

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Anidav posted:

So where's the balancing part?
we're led to believe the balancing part is that gaspy is just such an excellent player

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

there was a busdriver in the transformers game.
and he killed me because he thought i was scum

i was a cop!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm not here to make friends

i'm here to have sex

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have purchased some toffee nutters from the fresh food people and they will hopefully help me to be a calmer, more focused policewoman

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
gaspy don't you change a thing, you're actually really fun to play with/against (tbh i have no idea what side you're on), i'm in a rage for hormonal reasons and tithin's in a rage for domestic reasons and milky's in a rage for... who knows what reason, but nothing to do with you afaik

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i think everybody's having a good time in all honesty, we're all friends here and like most friends we enjoy murdering each other

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
at the end of the day, only one thing is truly important

my breasts

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm not trying to confuse anyone. i genuinely believe that gaspy is making poo poo up to avoid getting lynched. the argument that wfd has to be a legitimate cop does hold more water than my original theory that there was a real cop still hiding, so maybe the busdriver theory is more likely. but the fact of the matter is that we had an incredibly, suicidally bad play by a godfather on the first day, led by a player who deliberately made a whole heap of loving noise about how his incredible investigative skills led to a charge on the most likely suspect. that same player spent the next few days casting around doubt and bullshit analyses that created far more confusion and false starts than i could ever dream of. then, when the townspeople turned on him, he claimed an incredibly rare role - one that almost always comes with a counterpoint who could have backed up his claim, but in this case, inexplicably and conveniently, doesn't - in a last-ditch effort to spare himself.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
there's nothing you can do to make me think that you're town. you haven't played like a town, you've played like a clever scum trying to look like a town.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
ugh

fart

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
faaaart

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I TEAR OFF MY SHIRT TO REVEAL A BREASTED NIGHTMARE

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
MY BUTTOCKS BEGIN TO UNDULATE AS THEY SPEAK IN THE TONGUES OF MEN. I AM ALIVE WITH SEXUAL ENERGY. MY CURVES ARE GILDED WITH A SULTRY SWEAT.

i begin to DANCE

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I WRITHE BEFORE YOU, NAKED IN MY MYRIAD WAYS

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
THE CURRENTS OF MY WOMANLY FLUIDS. THE JIGGLE OF MY TREMULOUS FLESH. A SOLID POO EMERGES FROM MY ANUS, MAHOGANY-BROWN AND SHAPED LIKE A CHINESE DRAGON. IT FLOWS AND FLOWS. AS THE LIFE FLOWS, THE POO FLOWS. I AM BLOSSOMING SEXUALLY, MY PENIS SPROUTING INTO A THOUSAND FLESHY PETALS, MY BREASTS AN UNBEARABLE CORNUCOPIA OF MYSTICAL PLEASURES.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
WITH AN ORGASMIC SCREAM I URINATE STRAIGHT UP INTO THE AIR.

THE PISS DROPLETS FALL AS ALLEN'S LOLLIES

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have always been naked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Matthew Beet posted:

I think gaspy is suss as but i'm not gonna be able to convince anyone of that. Princess is a great defence against lynching and a great excuse for why he doesn't get night killed from here on.

All of you unwilling to lynch him no should consider this: when you're down to 6 players remaining would you happily be willing to risk testing the Princess claim then?
god, i thought i was the only one. i feel like i'm pissing into the wind here, and it's kind of sad that all someone has to do to get out of a lynch is make an unsubstantiated roleclaim and everybody else will fall over themselves to back off

• Locked thread