Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

whats for dinner posted:

I'm really suspicious of the fact that all of a sudden we've got two players who were previously fairly vocal are now going 'I don't care, do what you want' especially after milky doing that last night and flipping town.

suspicious of Tith, still not really suss on beet.

He'll get to lynch me someday.

Someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Aye, and when i turn out to be town the morrow, just loving remember that this is two people now pointing the finger at gaspy.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
and the only way to test either of you now would be to lynch the other one. if they flipped scum, that would throw some serious shade on the first player. but if they flipped town and it turned out they were telling the truth, it would have serious repercussions for the town team.

it would have been nice if the princess had a guard who could volunteer to be lynched to guarantee her claim, but conveniently that doesn't seem to be the case.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

and the only way to test either of you now would be to lynch the other one. if they flipped scum, that would throw some serious shade on the first player. but if they flipped town and it turned out they were telling the truth, it would have serious repercussions for the town team.

it would have been nice if the princess had a guard who could volunteer to be lynched to guarantee her claim, but conveniently that doesn't seem to be the case.

oh my GOD that reasoning.

Oh why won't a town power role come forward to get killed?

Wow. Just WOW.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jesus, loving everyone took the crazy pills this morning, did Milky's corpse get cannibalized to absorb his power or what?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

tithin posted:

Aye, and when i turn out to be town the morrow, just loving remember that this is two people now pointing the finger at gaspy.

I'll tell you the same thing I told Milky, you flipping town is insufficient to lynch me.

and I'll give you the same opportunity I gave milky, if you are town, use this time constructively instead of bellyaching about your poo poo choices.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
isn't the guard's only power protecting the princess? that's hardly a major role. and they would flip "the hon. jane smith, town guard" and there, everybody would know that there was definitely, without a doubt, a princess involved. it would be better to lynch a guard with no repercussions than lynch a princess and give scum two night moves. but there isn't a guard, and quite honestly i believe there isn't a princess either.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sounds like there isn't a guard anyway, so it probably doesn't matter. Just them claiming to be a guard should have been enough to back up the princess role for now, without having to lynch them to prove it. It would add more to the pile of connected stuff we got going now with the cop's claims.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

isn't the guard's only power protecting the princess? that's hardly a major role. and they would flip "the hon. jane smith, town guard" and there, everybody would know that there was definitely, without a doubt, a princess involved. it would be better to lynch a guard with no repercussions than lynch a princess and give scum two night moves. but there isn't a guard, and quite honestly i believe there isn't a princess either.

Yeah because everyone's way into believing role claims here. It'd be MAYBE IT WAS A MILLER?? CAN'T RULE OUT ITS STILL GASPY, KEEP LOOKING AT GASPY.

And any play that targets town instead of scum is just... dumb. Poor. Why lose a town role instead of focusing on scummy plays?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm on the mafia wiki now and i can't see anything related to there usually being a guard associated with a princess after all. who was it that said that the two usually go together?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

sounds like there isn't a guard anyway, so it probably doesn't matter. Just them claiming to be a guard should have been enough to back up the princess role for now, without having to lynch them to prove it. It would add more to the pile of connected stuff we got going now with the cop's claims.

Avshalom posted:

You two are in loving cahouts.

IF THERE IS A TOWN GUARD, DO. NOT. ROLE. CLAIM.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

loving hell I mean you don't need the guard to say "oh yes lynch me too please!" just their existence would be enough.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote Freudian slip

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

I'll tell you the same thing I told Milky, you flipping town is insufficient to lynch me.

and I'll give you the same opportunity I gave milky, if you are town, use this time constructively instead of bellyaching about your poo poo choices.

Oh gently caress off, I've given damned fine reasons, and your claiming beloved princess is not sufficient to clear you as scum.

~it's just so very convenient for you to be a beloved princess when you're next on the chopping block, only you don't have any guard, and this isn't the sort of game that's conducive to having a princess because of its small scale and potentially hugely damaging nature to town if there was one~

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Avshalom posted:

Bifauxnen posted:

what would be the point in a guard if only lynching triggered the beloved princess' power, anyway? the guard appears to act as a one-shot bodyguard, which is for night actions

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Avshalom posted:

i'm on the mafia wiki now and i can't see anything related to there usually being a guard associated with a princess after all. who was it that said that the two usually go together?

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Beloved_Princess posted:

As mentioned before, Beloved players only show up in games designed around them or in role madness scenarios due to their ability to take away a Day away from the Town.

In games designed around them, there is generally some kind of safety net in the game linked to the Beloved role such that if the Beloved player dies, the Town deserves what they get. For instance, in the game in which Beloved Princess initially appeared there was a Guard role that knew who the Princess was and had a limited-shot ability to protect the Princess from kills. In addition, it was known in advance that the Princess and Guard were in the game. This sort of setup can make for an interesting Mafia variant; however, it is susceptible to being wrecked by bad play from the Guard or Princess.

In role madness games, a Beloved role simply serves to add emphasis to the impact of the game's Night actions. To that end, it increases the swing of the game even more. As it still punishes Town overall, it serves as a heavy-handed means of weakening the Town.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Avshalom posted:

If a guard were to reveal themselves and take the hit, we could safely rule out TOML and What's for Dinner and Asphxious.

What's for dinner is going to get killed tonight probably.

Then we would be down three town. Is it worth it?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
So it's lunchtime and FS is still not here?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

whats for dinner posted:

what would be the point in a guard if only lynching triggered the beloved princess' power, anyway? the guard appears to act as a one-shot bodyguard, which is for night actions
i was labouring under the impression that a princess usually has a guard; so if there's a guard, then there's probably a princess. however, now that i'm looking at the wiki, it doesn't mention that a princess usually has a guard at all, so whoever it was that said that itt was wrong and i'm throwing poo poo under false pretenses

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

So it's lunchtime and FS is still not here?

he has to check the 'doc first. Lot to read.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

whats for dinner posted:

Is that how it works? I remember skimming one Mafia game where Fruity was a princess but I don't remember if there was a guard too or how it worked.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Avshalom posted:

i was labouring under the impression that a princess usually has a guard; so if there's a guard, then there's probably a princess. however, now that i'm looking at the wiki, it doesn't mention that a princess usually has a guard at all, so whoever it was that said that itt was wrong and i'm throwing poo poo under false pretenses

tithin posted:

In games designed around them, there is generally some kind of safety net in the game linked to the Beloved role such that if the Beloved player dies, the Town deserves what they get. For instance, in the game in which Beloved Princess initially appeared there was a Guard role that knew who the Princess was and had a limited-shot ability to protect the Princess from kills. In addition, it was known in advance that the Princess and Guard were in the game. This sort of setup can make for an interesting Mafia variant; however, it is susceptible to being wrecked by bad play from the Guard or Princess.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

Who originally said "a princess has a guard" because there's a lot of supposition based off player based input that I care not for.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Tithin's certainly pushing hard for it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sounds like the guard would also know the princess as confirmed town then. That would have made a LOT of difference in our gameplay up till now if someone had known that.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Go big or go home.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I mentioned the wiki said before that there might be a guard but I don't really think there is unless it's FS or something crazy.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

black_tangled posted:

I really feel like all the name claiming stuff is scummy

ok, It may hold some info, and I like the flavour.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the wiki says a princess is usually accompanied by a guard who knows the princess's identity.

Who would be Tony's guard? Peta?

Yeah it was Anidav, who's spent most of the time in the background playing with name and role claims like big colourful blocks.

So it's usually, but not necessarily.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh ok, that must be where it came from. so i wasn't wildly misled.

so we have a few possibilities here.

1) mills hates town so much he wrote a princess into a small, mostly-vanilla game without any kind of failsafe

2) gaspy is princess and has a guard somewhere who isn't revealing their role yet - which is fair enough, it wouldn't be worth it to them to flip their cards unless gaspy was right on the verge of getting lynched

3) gaspy is not a princess and is chucking an anidav by claiming a destructive role so he stays in the game for longer (unlikely)

4) gaspy is not a princess, but is some other sort of vital role instead, so he's claiming something that neither scum nor town will want to kill in order to cover his arse so he can keep working his magic

5) gaspy is not a princess and is in fact a scum playing us all for laughs

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Kommando posted:

ok, It may hold some info, and I like the flavour.
joe hockey was godfather. the real joe hockey couldn't connive his way out of a paper bag. also, malcolm turnbull was doctor, where the gently caress did that come from? maybe if it was the minister for health or something, but turnbull makes no sense.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

oh ok, that must be where it came from. so i wasn't wildly misled.

so we have a few possibilities here.

1) mills hates town so much he wrote a princess into a small, mostly-vanilla game without any kind of failsafe

2) gaspy is princess and has a guard somewhere who isn't revealing their role yet - which is fair enough, it wouldn't be worth it to them to flip their cards unless gaspy was right on the verge of getting lynched

3) gaspy is not a princess and is chucking an anidav by claiming a destructive role so he stays in the game for longer (unlikely)

4) gaspy is not a princess, but is some other sort of vital role instead, so he's claiming something that neither scum nor town will want to kill in order to cover his arse so he can keep working his magic

5) gaspy is not a princess and is in fact a scum playing us all for laughs

How dare you claim that I am not a princess! :sparkles:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

"chucking an Anidav" is now a auspol mafia term :negative:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

"chucking an Anidav" is now a auspol mafia term :negative:

You also brought us "Team Silent" though, so it balances out.

You're an innovator.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm wheeljack? :heysexy:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anyway, on with the show;

Most Suss:
- FS
- Beet
- Kommando
- Bif

50/50:
- Avs
- black_tangled
- tithin

Least Suss:
- Gaspy
- TOML
- WFD

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
OK - you guys have posted so much poo poo this morning that it has taken me most of lunch to catch up

Firstly - Gaspy role claimed Tony Abbott day one. I think TOML and I were the only ones who picked up on it. My very first post was playing along with "knowing about women". Ironically this is what triggered Bif to vote for me. From my interactions with Bif - Gaspy thought I was scum. The only satisfaction I get from your accusations Gaspy is that I love knowing that you are wrong when you play so haughtily.

Now down to business

I am not a cop - so we can trust the cop claim at face value. I believe what's for dinner is confirmed town on this. Also the fact that the scum have a godfather I would also assume that what's for dinner is a sane cop - because what would be the point of a godfather?

That also rules out TOML and Gaspy (double sigh)

From that I have to take Gaspy's claim at face value and we shouldn't vote Gaspy (even though the quality of the posts would improve)

I personally have a poo poo voting record and should really be a top suspect now (not for the lovely reasons given by Gaspy)

But if you want my opinion I think Bif or Beet are my most likely contenders. But I am going need time to point out why later - can we not do an early lynch please?

My above analysis is also all based on the fact that there isn't a real cop sitting being silent - please don't do this as we will do more damage now to town if you don't reveal

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

I am not a cop - so we can trust the cop claim at face value. I believe what's for dinner is confirmed town on this. Also the fact that the scum have a godfather I would also assume that what's for dinner is a sane cop - because what would be the point of a godfather?
This is actually a good point.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Freudian Slip posted:

But if you want my opinion I think Bif or Beet are my most likely contenders. But I am going need time to point out why later - can we not do an early lynch please?

I really don't think there's a risk of an early lynch. Take your time and feel free to keep posting. The more data I have the more I can work with, and if you're town you have literally nothing to fear. The two people voting for you are both seen as suss by many, so who knows! Scum trying to lead the vote away from Tithin? Could be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Those On My Left posted:

This is actually a good point.

:respek:

• Locked thread