Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Is "Scrools" a typo or not?

my signup is 100% dependent on this question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I "beat" Skyrim.

That's my story.

Confirmed.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Rarity

I agree with Ecco. At first I though, too dumb to be scum, then I remembered that's not a thing. Feels like it came from a place of forced confusion.

I also think Ecco and Chili are both fairly town (Hi Chili!)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What is the case on Chili? It looks like various newbs are jumping on him for something that I genuinely am unaware of. Someone whanna clarify for me?

Pig, what's with the sudden burst of goofiness? It felt like you were kinda playing the game and then stopped to jump back into old Pig style posting.

Also, rarity trying to present her own meta is massively scummy to me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't know about that, prove it.

You called out a couple things you had opinions on (such as my post being scummy)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asiina is kinda pinging my gut too,

Asiina posted:

Ecco your case is really, really reaching into setup spec. I am absolutely not buying it.

Instead of just saying "this is the best we have for 24 hours into D1" why don't you comment on some of the other people who have been talking.

Asiina posted:

I feel like fake claims are pretty standard issue these days, so I dunno. Not really feeling that as a scum slip either.

Committing to this case rather than using it as a starting point for discussion is more the issue I have with Ecco right now. I really want to hear what she has to say on other people.

Also in light of mafia discussion chat, I'm willing to give Squid another day.

##unvote

These feel like they were not written from the same mindset.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Feels like they weren't written by the same person imo, which makes me think neither is how you really feel.

Like I said, mostly gut.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EccoRaven posted:

It's possible, but, if it is then she's town who looked at the warnings in the OP ("your flavor could get you killed, don't claim it!"), and looked at us talking about it in the pre-game ("oh that's interesting we better not do that!"), and said "you know what? I'll do it anyway, to heck with it."

The line between "bad town" and "lying scum" is a fine one but I feel she falls on the scummy side of it.

I agree with this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rarity posted:

So I could set up a joke. I didn't read the OP that closely.

Neither did I but I still knew that flavor is tied to role. And I can't imagine you didn't even google Hadvar on Skyrim wiki before bursting in here shouting your name from the rafters.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Glockenapfel posted:

Because who's stupid enough to throw out a not-town flavor claim?

..what

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Glockenapfel posted:

I'm not saying Rarity's not lying

This is my equivalent of someone saying "disingenuous."

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Abyssal Squid posted:

So has the case on Rarity moved beyond "she said a thing, it's possible she wasn't being truthful so let's squint at it really hard and maybe we can figure out if it's a lie without any other context" yet? Other than CPig, who's offering the very helpful "she's scum."

Have you not been reading or did you genuinely miss the case on Rarity?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Byers I think you're barking up the wrong tree, too :/

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Also I think I want to vote Asiina more than Rarity rn

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Byers2142 posted:

Your case is literally that she claimed her fakeclaim. I have no idea how to determine whether Hadvar is a real or a fake claim.

No it isn't.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Epsilon Plus posted:

I guess the only good thing to come from this pointless discussion is that I'm pretty sure Byers is town, because scum wouldn't go ham with something so limp on Day 1.

Newbie tip: scum can and will do anything. Never assume something is too outlandish/obvious/dumb to be scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

How does any of that make him scum, Chili

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili seems really earnest and genuine, so I don't think he's scum. It feels a bit forced but I think that's just because this is his first game in a while and he seems really excited to play, almost trying to speed the game up in the process (I.e. Validate a gut call on Pope)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

Who told me that Cpig has gotten better?

I'd now be up for lynching either Cpig or that person, as well.

He seems to have regressed literally for this game only.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EccoRaven posted:

Hypothesis. Byers is making a dumb case and trying to goad me into posting about it at length because he wants us to ignore him. He wants us to know he's posting, but by tunneling on a dumb case, he wants us to not pay any attention to him.

Does this seem likely? It certainly seems possible imho.

I'll give you possible, but likely? I dunno. If he doesn't let off this tunnel-vision it's going to look scummier and scummier, and I doubt he's willing to commit that hard to white noise posting when usually he's pretty good at this game.

I think he's just stuck in one of those "gotchas" where only you see it. It happens to just about everyone in mafia.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Honestly, both of you shut the gently caress up. This is the least productive conversation I've ever had to read. Everyone in this loving thread has probably made their mind up about this whole issue and neither of you are on the chopping block so let it go and let's MOVE ON.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

To what exactly?

I'm happy enough for this to continue and allow folks to at least have something to talk about.

Anyone else think I'm scum, and care to explain why?

MOVE ON TO LITERALLY ANYTHING - I'm tired of reading the same thing over and over again. If you all really whanna let Byers and Ecco slap fight for the rest of the day, go for it. But I don't think either of them are particularly scummy and it gives actual scum a chance to hide in plain sight because they don't have to say anything when BYERS AND ECCO: TALE OF TWO DUMMIES is the focal point of this whole day.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EccoRaven posted:

It's a subtle difference but I assure you it is an important one.

I have noticed but I also think it's very unconvincing. Your point about how he's not engaging others calling his argument crap is a good one, but it's also a symptom of TUNNEL-VISION.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

Why are you responding to the people you are telling to shut up? Sandwolf:

Who is scummy?

Am I scummy?

Say something.

Honestly, does no one read my loving posts unless they're caustic and full of swears?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EccoRaven posted:

Yeah but:

Why does him tunneling make him town? It makes him someone who is tunneling.

It doesn't make him town, but it doesn't make him scum either. Meaning, to me, this whole diatribe is 🗿inconclusive🗿

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

Yes.

Fine. I'll go back and look at your old posts again and give you something to talk about. Assuming, of course my client doesn't show up. If he does, I'm probably done for the night, in which case, good luck all!

Cool thanks, awesome! Really appreciate it, I'll just go gently caress myself now.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

Now where did this bit of saltiness come from?

I'm just fed up with being loving ignored by everyone in a community I felt apart of. Nothing personal, sorry.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EccoRaven posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I concede that's true.

Hey Sandwolf what do you think about I dunno let's go with Cap Pig?

I think he's playing like poo poo but I haven't played with him enough to know if it's lazy scum or lazy town. Meta is kind of important to read CPig because he's all over the loving place.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapitalistPig posted:

Everyone who votes for me on D1 is scum, its a proven fact.

Like if anyone else said this, I'd prolly vote them. But I know it could mean literally anything.

I think Rarity is very likely scum and I think Asiina is scum. I think Ecco and Chili are town. If you read my posts I've already said these loving things.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Please ignore my mini-meltdown and focus on the game-related posts tia

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

Yes. I see that you said them. If people aren't listening you need to say it again, and in a different way. It's not like you put down some big grandiose case

I didn't put down a grandiose case because not every case needs to be grandiose and furthermore, it's hard to make a D1 damning case. Instead, I'm posting my feelings as they come, if someone feels scummy I say so and vice versa.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Byers2142 posted:

Sandwolf, not sure if you saw this; it was a small question among a bunch of rapidfire posts.

I did I just literally didn't remember anything he said and I'm on my phone so post histories are a bit harder to tackle.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chili posted:

Sure, but can you get mad at us for not remembering those things when:

You're literally doing the same thing?

Bluch, this is probably a null, I don't think you're scum for any of this, so I'll shut up about it.

I wrote a response and then deleted it because I agree I don't think this is headed anywhere constructive unless someone thinks I'm scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Abyssal Squid posted:

The case on Rarity is so weak that I think between you, Chili, and Ecco there's probably one scum from each team and one town. I really doubt that two scum from the same team would put themselves so far out there together though.

....WHAT

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I will vote Asiina but I will also advocate for the lynch of any newbie lurkers because if they're lurking now they're not gonna learn to post later in the game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

#vote Asiina

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm not feeling Asiina. Just gave her a reread; still think Chili is the choice for a dragon-free Skyrim or whatever the gently caress we're supposed to be getting up to here.

There's something really insidious about this post..

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ahahahahaha

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EccoRaven posted:

Reminder that this is the sum total of Rarity's contributions to the game so far:

- Claiming her flavor in her first post
- Talking about how she claims flavor in her first posts
- Making a case against Pig that amounts to "you're being unhelpful and distracting"

That's pretty much it.

I mean even if you don't like my fakeclaim-case on her, her lack of participation should be telling too right?

What I think is especially telling is that she disappeared once it became Ecco v. Byers instead of having any real focus be on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asiina posted:

I think it might be coordinated. Why wouldn't that make sense?

I dropped it because I didn't think it was constructive and didn't want to make the content leading up to hammer me and Chili arguing about semantics.

• Locked thread