Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Also, looking at Votefinder, you all need to cast your votes again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

oh my god are you loving serious

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

if bif is town, and toml is town (and i think he is) then using your lynch bomb on him is a really bad move, bif.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

This and voting for toml literally after Tirade said it'd be a scummy play. How are we all ignoring Gwynplaine?

I haven't been.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Sorry besides you, you did bring something up about role blocking earlier? I just got distracted with this.

Yeah. Gwyn's a new player, right? I found it strange that they were all 'he's being quiet and stoic, just like a roleblocker' or whatever.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm too dumb to know what to actually look for. But barbecue is too quiet. Now I realise they're known for this but they keep on springing up only when directly challenged and offering little in the way of insight or scumhunting.

I'm not offering much either, but bbq's meant to be an experienced player.

For all I know they're a roleblocker and just quiet and stoic and good at their job.

I'm just not sure what else to go with.

Emphasis mine.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Well hey, I thought it was TOML. I still do, and would still like to use the bomb on him if you guys just stuck with voting for me, but now that it's pretty much a done deal, why not give you all a chance to persuade me otherwise? It's only fair.

Because if you're scum - and a scum lynchbomb is possible - you'll just blow him up regardless. Meanwhile, we're throwing more information into the thread for the scum to dissect and plan with.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh noo, we can't scumhunt cause then the scum might know who we're hunting!

Well, I guess it doesn't really matter though if you guys voted for TOML anyway, cause then the bomb won't go off. You guys really still think he's town?

I think this is a very dramatic play designed to spook people into at best forcing a draw or, at worse, voting for TOML. This is something you should've announced [i]earlier[i] once the train on you was rolling before trying to force an incredibly difficult choice on the town which you claim to be on the side of.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

But like others have pointed out, it wasn't much of a train yet. It was just 2 votes for quite a while, until we were forced into lockdown. I think if TOML was town, it would have been wiser to go for BBQ instead of forcing this.

If TOML was scum, why would he waste his lockdown (presuming a one-shot ability) on someone who stood a really good chance of being lynched? I was literally about to vote for you when the thread closed.

Why didn't you roleclaim earlier? There are roles you should get out into the open as early as possible.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Why don't you calm down Beet, and start looking at how I actually did have reasons to be suspicious of TOML? Oh, it's because you're scum with TOML. and want to play this up as much as you can so you can look like the good poor misled conflicted townie. I could always put it on you instead!

Sure, you could. Or DJ or Gwyn. Or anyone, really.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

I got the impression that all roleclaims were viewed as suspicious and scummy or a good way to get nightkilled if its a useful role.
Is it ever not a bad idea?

There are certain roles - lynchbombs, Beloved Princesses - that tend to be town roles and tend to have negative consequences for the town if they die. For example, a lynchbomb is almost always a guaranteed town player because it's weird to effectively punish the town for lynching a scum player.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

It could have gone to BBQ instead. If BBQ is indeed vanilla scum, why not protect him? Once I flip town, he could've gone "oh darn" again, he just had to try that neat ability, too bad it went so wrong! He wasn't trying to protect BBQ, he just wanted to make sure you guys focused on the juicer target!

I don't think TOML would blow his cover like this protecting a vanilla scum who doesn't really contribute anything. If you're town then I'm going to be pretty suspicious of TOML.

If BBQ is vanilla scum, why not blow him up when you die? Scum is scum.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

So, Bif, if you're town and you think TOML is scum, why shouldn't we force a draw to kill TOML (the possible scum), you (to activate your power), and use that power to kill DJ?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

More importantly, do you think there is a risk of the scum forcing a draw to kill two town players if this is a worst case scenario?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Like, if this all goes pear-shaped, we might very well be down three town players before this night phase even begins.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

If you guys actualy like the plan, how's this sound for an easy way to enforce the tie? Everyone unvotes except me and TOML leaving our votes on each other. Then anyone who jumps back in will be clearly tampering.

It's a horrible goddamn plan because it might cause us to lose three town players. You might be town, TOML might be town, and whoever you pick for your bomb might also be town.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

This is an absurdly bad position for the town to be in.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Freudian Slip posted:

This thread just keeps delivering.

So what happens if everyone unvotes? Is it a no lynch day?

I'd assume that comes to a draw of zero votes and both die.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

If we succeed in a tie, in which both TOML and I die, I would like to use the lynchbomb on BBQ unless anyone has a convincing enough objection. If we get the tie plan successfully set up, I will announce that as my move to Gaspy, on the condition that it does indeed remain in a tie.

This is a really scummy play.

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm for that. It'll stir the pot something fierce.

It could very well lose the town the game if all three of them are town. Hell, if two of them are town it's going to be nasty.

Remember, scum know who the scum are. Bif could be all for the idea because she knows that DJ is town.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Do we have any information that might paint a better picture?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

There's another way the Milky issue could be answered Beet, you haven't considered it at all? But that might be me being overparanoid.

And what's that?

Matthew Beet posted:

yeah, who the hell got us here?

Bif by acting weird and scummy, TOML by locking us in. Neither are entirely blameless. But the real issue hinges on Bif's claim as a lynch bomb which, while usually town-aligned, isn't necessarily always town-aligned. And the claim is, of course, not even necessarily true.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe I'll should just go for Milky, cause if he is what Beet's always suggesting that he is, he's been making picks at least as bad as me and causing just as much damage, even if I have hosed this up.

Then you'll be knocking out one of the only chances for the town to recover. My first pick was blocked. That's all the information anyone is getting until this is resolved.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

The other possibility is that Bif and TOML are both scum on different teams.

I hope that's the case.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Tirade posted:

loving hell. Explain what needs to be done for the least amount of people to die.

Ensure that TOML is the one who loses the duel.

I could draw up a bit of model but there's no way I'd have it done in ten minutes and there's a lot of variables in play. Chief among them is whether Bifauxnen is being honest or not.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Tirade posted:

How do lynchbombs work?

When lynched, the bomb chooses someone to also be killed.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Tirade posted:

I think bif is full of poo poo.

I'm inclined towards this as well. Bif is the one who presented us a scenario where, logically, the best thing for us to do is get rid of TOML.

Bifauxnen posted:

For least amount of people to die, you'd all have to start voting TOML instead. He will die, and I will remain. I think this is a decent option cause I know I'm town and a lynchbomb, but you all might be hesitant to take my word for it.

So you can just stay where you are and lynch me instead, and I'm likely just gonna stick with TOML for fear that Beet's trying to get me confused. Then we both die.

If you're town, why not target someone else because we can lynch TOML ourselves?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Also, upon reflection, I feel that Tirade might be town if I have the right suspicion.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Five minutes to go.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

That's for a clock, i don't think that vote is right.

We can't exactly manually count the votes here.

Someone tell me I'm making a bad decision by wanting to remove my vote to kill both of them.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Well.

Well.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

So, are we still suss on DJ?

I also think we need to look at the silent players because I'd bet they're content to let us kill each other at this point.

DJ and Gwyn are at the top of my list.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

It's not as bad as it could have been - we got you as a confirmed town out of it. :unsmith:

##vote dj-bbq

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

Maths isn't hard to some people either. It has definite rights and wrongs and logic to it but a lot of people struggle with it. Moreover, for a game that's not that hard a lot of experienced players have made a lot of goofs this game. I'm just posting how I post and how I will likely continue to post without actual experience. Aside from Mill's earlier advice I have no real idea how to post like any less of a moron.

Look, I'm not of particular value. I've been right about somethings that others weren't and may yet end up being right about others but basically I'm just thrashing, I get that.

Were this earlier in the game I wouldn't put up much of a fight. Towns probably better off without me confusing matters and I don't have enough experience to be of any real help. Plus, I'm probably really annoying, I dunno.

But one more town lynch plus night activities and we're finished. And I would be a town lynch.

How do you know that one more lynch and night would be enough to finish us?

What do you mean you're not of particular value? Have we had any vanilla players?

As for the people trying to, once again, cast aspersions on me. I'm town and my role should be pretty clear by now. The people who have tried to say that I claimed that DJ and Gwyn were scum masterminds? That's a bad move.

I may more directly claim later given that I could use it to give TOML another day of activity.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I'll have a more detailed response when I get home but b_t, those posts against me? If you're town, what are you thinking? If you're scum, it's a pretty transparent ploy to drive a wedge between TOML and I.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

TOML, I think I know Tirade's role, too, and I'm pretty positive he's town because of it.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

hiddenmovement posted:

Dinobot player spotted

Megatron is town-aligned. Means nothing.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Also, are people really aren't getting how a draw in that thunderdome could have been the best possible result for town?

If TOML was scum and Bif were town, you'd want a draw to ensure that TOML dies and Bif (town) can still use her bomb to pick off another possible scum before they night kill her to stop it.

But, in an absurd twist, the town thunderdomed itself like some sort of surreal performance art.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

Actually it was based on flavour text. Grimlock was meant to be with prime and prime still got killed.

Hi, I'm Grimlock. What're you trying to say or claim based on this apparent flavour text?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

##unvote

Apart from TOML, I'm not sure on anyone but I think it is unlikely for Tirade to be scum.

I'm not sure if Gwyn is a scum patsie or just a bad player. That whole 'Well, you have to be x or y role' from them has really made me more dubious.

hiddenmovement posted:

Another point:

Asphyxious may have just randomized the draw, but I doubt he would put two clueless noobs on the same team. If they both wound up on scum that would make for a lovely game. There are 2 clueless noobs, both by our own admission: Me and Gwyn.

I've had a number of known scummers call for my head, or at least actively cast aspersions in my direction, earlier in the game. Odds are I'm the town noob. Which means Gwyn is scum.

I understand this, but I'd say Asphyxious went for a fairly random distribution. I don't think it works to help us make a decision, however.

hiddenmovement posted:

No I think most of us understand what you were trying to do, I was merely stating that because you were trying to do it and it really would have been an overwhelming good for the town, you must be town.

I wasn't referring to you. I find this urge to defend yourself suspicious.

These are the posts I'm really curious about :

black_tangled posted:

Yeah ok, that actually makes sense. I think I read it wrong initially.

One reading of it could be that Milky was protecting BBQ. Given his then pursuit of BBQ that seems less likely but, not unheard of and if the writing is somewhat on the wall for BBQ, could be solid ground-laying for later.

black_tangled posted:

Perhaps setting himself up for this type of situation? Always good to have a history of backing up a town player as scum.

And, especially, this:

black_tangled posted:

I've been thinking he was town because of the earlier claim about trying to night action Tirade which Tirade backed up. But what do we really know? As for being helpful, he's been pretty cryptic a lot of the time. It *could* be a strategy for cloaking his true views from scum, or it could just be "pretending to be helpful".

He says he has a rare and powerful role for town.

Then there is this:

Followed by:

Really Milky? Smart player like you wants to bet that these guys are the scum masterminds? Is this helpful town play or are you going solo, mission-ing some secret strategy? No one has made a good case on bbq despite his name coming up over and over, and it seems super safe scum play to just keep bringing that up.

We are just going around and around, picking silent players, backing down at the last minute, destroying ourselves, while scum runs pretty rampant. If TOML hadn't been revived, town would have been quite screwed.

So we can't make too many assumptions and continue working off lazy logic. All players (except toml) should be open for inspection.

Tirade- what's your deal? Your posting history looks like SKs.
Milky - anything you'd like to share?

From what I can see you are both avoiding suspicion because you are backing each other up. Is it just me or is that kinda crazy?

I've never said my role is rare and powerful. I've never said I'd bet that they are scum masterminds, just that they might be scum.

No one has made a good case on BBQ? Why is that? Is it because he only has thirty posts in this thread which I think is the lowest of any surviving player? I can't remember him actually contributing anything either.

You really tried hard to get something rolling on me here, b_t. Why is that?

Am I protecting BBQ (as per your first post) or am I doing 'super safe scum play'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

This is some flavour text stuff but for what its worth:

So far we have been dealing with combaticons. They are a team of five. With this in mind, we have another 3 scum to worry about.

Warpaths comment of his opponent being a 'big fella', makes me wonder if there is a mafia mechanic where scum can work together. A sort of bruitcus if you will.

If that isn't a thing (still studying the wiki) then it might just be flavour text for when two scum attacked at once.

My overarching point is that we have 3 scum to deal with. Basically a guarantee.

Swindle might be a godfather, Brawl a strongman onslaught...dunno.

I'm going to have to go to work soon, and will be unable to post much, but I still, even now think BBQ might be up to something. Not sure about KD, Beet or BT either.

This was literally my scum play from last game, man. What are you doing?

• Locked thread