Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Spalec posted:

I hate the "BEING A MOM IS THE HARDEST JOB EVER" attitude. It's not. It's probably not even in the top 50%. I always wonder what firefighters, coal miners or lumberjacks think of some sheltered suburban mom who thinks a stressful day is when the neighbour mows the lawn and wakes up little baby Astrid. I doubt they have that much sympathy.

My mother was one of those kinds of mothers. I remember her beating the poo poo out of me so bad at one point she cut my sibling's face open with her engagement ring. If facebook existed at the time she'd be posting non stop about how hard it is to be a stay at home mom and how nobody understands all the things she does for her kids - like throwing chicken nuggets and fries in the oven for dinner every night and drinking on the couch while I fell down the stairs. The people posting about how good of a mom they are rarely are.

That's my pet peeve is people who focus on other people's success (or failures) rather than being happy with what they're doing. Endless posting on facebook about "why does this person get more jobs than me?!" when they don't even do the jobs they already have. Just endless whining and bitching. Get over yourselves and do something before you whine at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

My peeve now is teenagers. It's always something with these kids. I'm 27 and going back to school, and some of my classmates can be incredibly childish. When they're not bitching about what an rear end in a top hat one professor is for expecting them to show up on time for exams, they're getting bent out of shape over stupid bullshit.

At my old art college there was a huge group of lovely girls who thought themselves to be the pinnacle of feminism and all things social justice. Of course this lead them to bullying a few of the lesbian girls in our classes because one of them wanted to date one of their girlfriends and got mad she was already in a relationship. They also loved going on facebook and ranting and raving about whatever the gently caress got up their rear end that day - For a few months it was non stop posting on a teacher's public profile about what a disgusting old man he was. Dude's only sin is that he's an older dude in a different generation with different ideas on how designs should be. He'd even came to classes and put the pictures the girls were freaking out on up on the powerpoint and asked us all if we had issues with it and if it was something we should talk about as a class. Of course they all stayed quiet as a mouse in the back of the room and just glared.

Turns out he's quitting, and the school decided it was too hard to find a suitable replacement so they're getting whoever they can as part timers to teach at a level far lower than the old teacher used to. They've also taught the younger years how to be as lovely or worse than them because they now know that if they whine enough and accuse people of being rapists for making jokes they can get their way at the expense of their education and people's careers.

gently caress tumblr sjws and their ilk. I can't stand people who will bitch and whine but when it comes to actually changing things or trying to make it better they immediately run off to cry about how they don't have enough spoons for it.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Present posted:

What's a kill shelter?

Kill shelters are when the shelter will accept almost any animal surrendered to it and euthanize any animal they deem necessary due to health or behavioural problems. This means people can drop off an animal that's perfectly healthy except it has parasites or feline HIV and most kill shelters will put them down to stop it from potentially spreading to the other animals. They'll also put down animals who are suffering from terminal illnesses even if long term care can give them a few more years of life.

No kills keep the animal alive regardless and try to foster/adopt them out despite their health problems, behavioral issues or age.

Either form of shelter can be horrifically cruel - there's a lot of kill shelters that will euthanize any cat too young or too old (they're not cute anymore!), and there's a lot of no kill shelters where the people running it cut corners and are bat poo poo insane.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Panniculus Rift posted:

You guys are idiots. I'm pretty sure most cats would prefer to spend some time outside, even with the miniscule chance of dying, rather than being locked up inside your smelly apartments for the entirety of their existence.

I'm sure dogs do too, but we don't allow them to run freely and maul small animals. I find it so weird that cats are little murder machines but somehow we think it's acceptable, especially to let them out without leashing or supervising them. Cats will wear harnesses, you can walk them just fine as long as you give them enough time or train them.

I hate that people won't spay their cats if they're outdoors ones because kittens are soooo cute and you can just give them away when they're too old to be cute anymore! Ugh.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

walrusman posted:

You're right, it's not something that child has to write on every homework assignment, credit card receipt, or legal document for the next 80 years or anything.

I kinda agree with this sentiment. For some reason my mother named me Kara which should be pronounced sorta like Car-rah. Instead, my mom wanted to be super duper unique and forced everyone to pronounce it like Care-Ah...which is spelt like Cara. I've had so many people gently caress it up that I switched over to just pronouncing it the proper way since it's way easier than correcting people. It really sucks because it sounds so completely unnatural to me.

Don't be a dick and name your kids something lovely. Or if you do at least give them a name they can shorten to something common so they won't have to deal with this.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Are you saying that you think people would pronounce your name properly if it were spelled with a C instead of a K? "Cara" and "Kara" both look like they should be pronounced the same way to me. Or rather, I'd probably guess "car-ruh" first but wouldn't be surprised by "care-uh" or "cah-ruh" either way.

Yeup. It's spelt like Kara but pronounced Cara. They both have different pronunciations:

Kara: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmV6h7j6GR8
Cara: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XdZmy-5SXk

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
Female characters in videogames. I don't give two shits if they have boobie plate or breast molded chestpieces, but could we have one or two that don't? That's all I'm asking for. You can have a billion male characters and monsters that are dudes to your hearts content, but it's like every single game studio thinks every single female character should be tits mcgee. Welp jobs done everyone, every lady (ie 1-3 playable characters) has massive knockers, revealing clothing and is a dumb support character.

Even Evolve, the game where the only female monster has tits and rear end, has a grandmother in a giant homemade mech suit.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
It'd take too long to explain with words, but these fuckers who show up in the corner store line. They basically inch forward slowly until they're almost up your rear end, then lean over you blocking you in so they can try to put their stuff down instead of waiting you to finish paying and walking away. So now you have to basically back up into their dick and apologize because how dare you touch them and get in their way of buying energy drinks and cat food.

They always loving do it when I'm paying with a debit card too so I'm trapped there and can't just shuffle to one side. If the other cashier is there they effectively block off people from being able to walk over to them too, so everyone else in line gets pissed at both of you for holding them up.

Fuuuuuuck these guys.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

A few years ago, my upstairs neighbor would try to vacuum...at 1 AM.

:stare: Jesus christ. I feel bad if I vacuum at 10am because what if someone is still sleeping somewhere in my apartment building, I couldn't imagine vacuuming at 1am.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Parasol Prophet posted:

"Well I always say if you're early, you're on time, and if you're on time, you're late."

That is not how schedules work.

I think the idea is that if you arrive just on time you have to take a few extra minutes to settle in, get your coat off, find a seat, etc. So by showing up a few minutes early you can do all that before it's the scheduled time and be actually ready to start on time.

My parents were hideously out of date with working outside their cushy jobs and thinks showing up 30 minutes early to every shift (and work off the clock) is acceptable. No, if my job starts at a certain time I'll be there and ready by that time. Before that, gently caress off I ain't doing poo poo unpaid.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
Taking a hit of nicotine when you're addicted to it is an amazing stress reliever. But then it makes everytime you aren't sucking down on a cigarette lovely...unless you're always in a lovely mood, then no big change there.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I thought the vegan derail was hilarious, but then again any time someone can just respond with "floor pizza" I am entertained. I think maybe the gassing is a combination of that and the peepl thing they were going off on for like two more pages. No one was posting any actual content, just words.

I'm more pissed that nobody was explaining what the hell the floor pizza story was. People post references to that all the goddamn time now but not a single person will explain the full extent of the depravity.

Also that vegan derail was worth it just for all the insane, poorly drawn comics from vegans.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

gentle pete posted:

I don't remember what the context was, but the poster randomly revealed that she and her husband (whom she met on a forum dedicated to stalking Chris Chan) store takeout pizzas under their bed for days on end.

Yeah but it was like, they did it on their wedding night and during the honeymoon? Or something?

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Oh poo poo pet peeve. I just saw The Martian today and someone brought their kid with them and it was obvious that the kid has zero interest in the movie because he spent the whole film making noise, playing with the empty seats next to him and shaking the ice in his empty cup. So I really don't like people who bring kids to movies that won't just entertain them.

When I got dragged to the first resident evil movie there was a man with 3-4 little kids. Probably under the age of 10 little. After the first scene where the woman jumps off the roof and dies the movie goes quiet as it transitions to the title screen. In that short break everyone in the theatre heard of the kids start crying and say "Dad I don't like this anymore" and the father hushing him loudly. Every so often you could hear the five year old whimper and the kids trying to get their dad to leave.

Parents like that should be dragged out of the theatre and beaten out back while their kids get to eat candy in the lobby.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Nuebot posted:

"Just get a job!"
I have a job, but I've been looking for a second and it's been surprisingly hard to find one that has hours I can work with, and people who find out I'm looking for a job assume that means I'm unemployed. Older people always give me the amazing sagelike advice of "Just get a job" "Just put an application in". I really, really want to tell them to gently caress off and that just because they've had a job for over ten years and that's how easy it was to get a job when they were looking for one, or because a friend got them their job doesn't mean I can just walk up to someone and go "Hey give me a job" and get one now. Literally nowhere within a four hour trip is hiring right now.

In creative fields it's amazing because 99% of the time they have HR sort through all the applications to be passed on to the art director... Which means some dumb rear end in a top hat who went to college for HR is going through applications and portfolios, having never studied art, and becoming the gatekeeper based on absurd things like whether your cover letter has all the right buzzwords they want to read in it.

On the otherhand, indie startups and studios will ask for the stupidest loving poo poo in their applications. "What board games do you like playing!?" "Please note we make humour a huge part of our workplace which actually means we're all racist and sexist and if you call us out on it we'll fire you" "What do you think about gamergate?!"

It can't ever just be that sweetspot between personal and professional.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

Middle class to wealthy white men complaining that racism is really over and you're the real racist if you point something out. At ASU there's some stupid "blackout game" this weekend and last year a bunch of dumb fuckers painted their faces black to celebrate/show school spirit? Well clearly some frat white bros doing blackface is going to piss off some people, so this year no face paint, at all, any color. And everyone is bitching that it's the Liberal PC Police when there was nothing racist at ALL about painting your face and hands black to scream and cheer at a college football game.

Oh, it was some black students who complained last year? They must be racist.

To expand on this point, I hate that people have turned the definition of racism into institutionalized racism and then started dismissing anything that's not white on non-white racism. The Korean girls I knew were the nicest people you'd ever met until you mentioned Japan. My Chinese aunt would loudly complain about Filipino women and how they're only good for being maids. I was woken up today by a gay black man screaming racial and homophobic slurs at another gay man outside my window this morning :stare:

Like yeah racism between asian people isn't a "big deal" if you live in a Western country, but christ, it isn't any nicer.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

Jesus Christ, I don't normally support this mentality, but this is the kind of thing malpractice suits are for. I hope your folks nailed that rear end in a top hat doctor to the wall.

Nothing will ever happen about stuff like that. I went to the hospital in an ambulance after I got raped (I didn't have a car or money for a taxi) and the paramedic spent the entire ride saying I was just faking it, I'm just a stupid whore who regrets having sex, think about who's life I'm going to ruin if I report the guy for the "not rape." I guess because I wasn't hysterically crying with mascara all over the place I couldn't be a victim? Just generally disgusting stuff like that while his partner nodded.

The ambulance service charged me for a "non emergency ride." I tried to contest it but it became too much of a hassle. Medical care anywhere is hosed.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Me, age 30: I don't want kids
:byodame: You'll change your mind when you meet the right guy!

What's great is when the doctors even get in on this poo poo. I've asked every doctor I've had whether a hysterectomy would be possible because of a host of not super serious but really loving terrible medical issues. One is that I bleed waaay more than you should on a period, like 10-15x more than you should. I've had to measure it and report to my doc and they were surprised I wasn't dying of anemia. My hormones are all over the place. I never want children but every single time I ask I just get told that I'll change my mind because all women want to have tonnes of babies and how could they deny me that? Even getting a non hormonal IUD in was a pain in the rear end because every doctor started screeching that I haven't had kids, what if something goes wrong and I can't have kids, I'm too young and should be thinking about having kids (I'm close to being 30 now).

And then a guy can walk into any clinic and get a vasectomy no problem. Ughh.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

KoB posted:

My mom shared a thing on facebook basically telling people instead of giving gifts/etc big christmas thing they should downsize and just spend time with their families and stuff.

Last year she broke down crying after we tried to get her to downsize christmas.

My mother used to have toddler type break downs, walking around the house crying and yelling that nobody loved her because none of us would come spend 6 hours decorating the entire house in kitschy Christmas crap with her. Or play bridge with her instead of watching holiday cartoons. Hell, she once locked herself in her room screaming and crying about how Christmas forever and ever was ruined because I couldn't fake being happy to receive nothing but several massive giftbaskets of body wash crap and an electric toothbrush. Her fault though, she knew that I have perfume allergies :downs:

Holidays turn sane people stressed and crazy people crazier. They should just do away with all of this stupid Christmas poo poo since it's a holiday that exists purely for gift giving and chowing down on grandma's lovely dry rear end turkey at this point.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

Peeve: motherfucking hospitals who make you stay for the entire day because your mom has a knee replacement surgery, and "just in case" you need to hang around for 8 loving hours. Look gents, if you're counting on me saving the day in case she flatlines, well, that's what we are paying YOU for. I am not a doctor and me chilling in that horrible waiting room for an entire day isn't going to help you!

It's so if something catastrophic happens you're present and able to make decisions for her if she can't. Also doctors are poo poo at aftercare and making sure they're doing the right surgery on the right person. My dad nearly got the wrong knee operated on had it not been for the efforts of the nurses and my mother.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

teenytinymouse posted:

Yeah that's the exact "it doesn't matter" attitude I'm hating. It does matter and I don't understand why you'd get any animal only to not give a stinky, wet poo poo about what it eats or how it behaves or if it's actually happy. Well, I do understand, it's because you're a lazy garbage person.

The dog just farted on me again and I'm incredibly upset. She doesn't deserve to live like this and neither do I.

Animals are loving stupid. My cat will eat his own fur off his body as I try to brush him. Then he'll crawl under the bed and try to find dust bunnies to eat. A poodle my family used to own would scream and shake, poo poo itself, then eat the poo poo and puke it up only to try to eat it again. If I had to walk him he'd start eating other animal's poo poo off the sidewalk. You could put anything in that stupid gently caress's food bowl and he'd eat it up. They don't need gourmet frozen raw mince mix or lovely overpriced gourmet kibble.

If it's something like buying bird seed for small parrots where they'll die in less than half their life span yeah, it makes sense to give a poo poo and buy the more expensive food. Otherwise half the fancy poo poo sold at a markup is just as garbage as the generic walmart brands, just with half the ingredients relisted as something else. "Has no wheat!" but is full of soy and corn at the same ratios and price of 3x the shittier named brand stuff.

Hell, just look at the poo poo Blue Buffalo was pulling for years before they got taken to court over it. I was paying $50-60 a month on that poo poo food because it claimed it didn't use byproduct or animal meal but NOPE! The majority of the protein was made up of it. Fuckers.

I hate people who go on about their pets like this. If I can live off ramen and garbage poor people food my cat can too on his kitty equivalent.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

cash crab posted:

I worked in the pet food industry for a few years and by-product is not necessarily a bad thing, nor is "meal"; meal just refers to a dried version of a meat. By-product is like, heads and feet, which your cat would probably eat anyway, given the chance. As long as they NAME the meat, you are probably fine. It's all the other poo poo they stick in there.

Also, 90% of cats I've seen eat nothing but lovely drug store food get diabeetus. There is a balance between hyper gourmet cat food and Friskies.

quote:

This rendering process not only separates fat and removes water to create a concentrated protein product, it also kills bacteria, viruses, parasites and other organisms. Because meat can be rid of infectious agents through the rendering process, “4D” animals (dead, dying, diseased or disabled) are allowable chicken meal ingredients. While not always present, the possible inclusion of these ingredients makes chicken meal always considered unfit for human consumption

From Wikipedia.

You can't really say that it's all that great when they're literally using diseased animals for the ingredients. I've also found massive chunks of bones in premium quality canned wetfood so I'm not really sold on the whole "teehee this $60 bag a month catfood is totally better than the other stuff!"

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Thin Privilege posted:

http://www.amazon.com/EVO-Turkey-Chicken-Kitten-Food/dp/B000WFEMHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446925087&sr=8-1&keywords=innova+evo

They used to be good but then Purina bought them, and now it's literally the same as Purina's other garbage food.

E: I will argue that (before it was bought by Purina) it was cost effective because you didn't have to feed them very much due to the high calorie content, so that bag would last like ~6 months between 5 cats. But when Purina bought them it was SUCH an obvious difference in terms of how it looked and smelled .

Basically this. No matter what the cat food you're going to be buying is either gonna be trash, include trash, or trash your cat's digestive system and give them the most disgusting wet farts because oh no your cat doesn't like rice and chicken and needs corn and salmon instead. And once you do find one that your cat eats, doesn't turn their litter box into biological warfare launch center and is cost effective the company gets bought out or changes the recipe.

gently caress yooooou pet food companies!

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

teenytinymouse posted:

I've seen people hang bags of dog poo poo from fences and tree branches :psyduck:

I watched a man piss into a plastic shopping bag, tie the top, then toss it into a tree before drunkenly wandering off into the night. A few days later I noticed it was still there, but the bottom was torn out and it was empty.

People can be loving disgusting about bodily fluids.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Peeve of the day: Craigslist ads for apartments that show up in the "cats okay" search but in the text say something like "NO PETS" or "I have a cat already, no additional pets." The worst was "declawed cats okay." WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU.

Cats are destructive as gently caress and unless it's your furniture getting mauled you don't really have the right to try to force someone to deal with it when it's your cat that's the problem.

My cat came declawed on the from from the shelter and I wouldn't have taken him had he not. He paws at everything; the walls, the bed, my leg, door jams, everything. It wasn't a problem when he was the sole cat but I moved in with a couple who decided to get two kittens. Of course the kittens weren't declawed or even had nail covers on, and my cat ended up teaching them within a month to scratch everything in their reach into ribbons. Their nice leather couch had stuffing falling out of the sides and seats by the time I moved out. The walls had huge gouges. The couple were both overworked so they didn't notice until it had gotten horrifyingly bad and I was on my way out. Had I had known at the time too I would have never moved in for those few months.

Cats are little poo poo machines who will destroy everything you love if you let them. I fully support landlords not letting tenants pass that poo poo off as "normal wear and tear."

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I am aware of this; I am not a stranger to pet companionship. My peeve is not with apartments that are not pet-friendly. My peeve is with apartments that are not pet-friendly, but hit the "cats okay" button on CL. If pets are not okay, don't say they are okay. Okay?

And perhaps your friend needs to take those kittens to the vet--I have never heard of a cat that claws that much or that destructively. Mine has normal claws that I trim whenever needed, and she uses her scratcher or nothing at all. Personally I'd rather have pets than nice furniture.

Pet peeve (no pun intended); When animal owners are so ignorant of what their breed of animal can do they actually believe that every other pet out there is exactly like theirs. Especially when you could simply type it into google and see millions of results on the subject. Nope, every other cat should be exactly like my cat, it's the billions of other cats who are broken and lovely!

And the dog owners who start screaming that their dog is so friendly and just wants to play as they choke themselves trying to charge something to murder it. No, the dog doesn't want to play with the bunny, they want to pick it up and shake it until it's dead. Lady, the dog is frothing at the mouth. That ain't normal.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

ElwoodCuse posted:

Because the whitest people on the planet figured out a way to monetize it

http://www.thugkitchen.com/

The main page recipe is Spiced Chai Pumpkin Scones. They ain't fooling anyone.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Hummingbirds posted:

Before I got diagnosed with/treated for ADHD I was like this. Trust me, it's just as annoying to have to ask people to repeat themselves because your brain didn't absorb what they said despite you looking directly into their eyes when they talk to you.

Yeah, tell your bro to get tested. Driving is pretty dangerous for ADHD people since anything can distract us, and it's why I don't have a full license or car. He isn't being weird or rude, it's just that he literally cannot process more than a certain amount of stimulus. Even while on medication I have to physically put down what I'm doing and look the person in the eye to hear/understand what they're saying.

It sucks :smith:

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
People who post recipes "for one" and they turn out to be some loving obese mother fucker who has no idea what portion control is.

I'm sitting here with like half a loaf of bread turned into shrimp toast. I can't eat all of this in one sitting!

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

At least we no longer have to confiscate dildos anymore so there's that

Okay you can't just loving post that poo poo and not follow up on it. What the gently caress.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Tiggum posted:

It's a dog. Not everyone likes dogs. Some people really don't like dogs. If your dog is bothering a human, you should take the dog away from the human. It's not the responsibility of everyone else to cater to your dog's whims. That person is probably thinking "Every time I come over here, that loving dog is always being a nuisance, why don't they just put it in another room when people come over?" but is too polite to say anything. Humans are more important than dogs.

The worst part is the people I've seen acting like this had the most disgusting and gross looking dogs. Those lovely little white ones with the huge paths of eye goop running down it's face and filth all over it's mouth with breath bad enough to strip varnish off a wood table. Or those gross pugs that huff and wheeze.

What is with people owning gross rear end dogs and then being offended when nobody wants to touch their gross rear end dog. And if you do they always have that weird old man hair or this super greasy coat. It makes me shudder thinking how gross it is.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
Indie game devs who have no idea what they're creating for the public is a game, not a masturbatory piece of art that should bring them lots of money without the criticism or financial risks of being a game. If people wanted to support YOU they would have gone and donated to the kickstarter or your patreon. Crying about how they totally spent soooooooo long living in a crappy apartment so you, the ungrateful unsophisticated philistine of a gamer, could buy their piece of ~*~*art~*~*~ is just so self centered and childish. Tonnes of people in the industry live lovely little lives in lovely little apartments and most of them aren't whining about how gamers need to "pay them back" for development expenses.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

cash crab posted:

It's especially irritating when they're coming at you in groups or pairs. I don't have the balls to just stand there either, I always step aside like a weiner.

You should try it. It's amazing. I got massively pissed off walking home from college on certain days because there were always these giant group of girls who would take up the entire sidewalk, forcing you to walk on the grass or the very edge of the concrete. One day I just squared up my shoulders and kept walking. The girl who walked into me bounced off me and staggered a foot or two back before falling over. They always look super offended too even though they saw you coming and did nothing about it.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Tiggum posted:

It always annoys me in pubs, because when I ask for a glass of water I don't think to say "no ice". If I wanted ice, I'd ask for ice. If I ask for a glass of water I expect to get exactly that. Why do they always assume I want ice?

I'm the opposite. When I go out I want a glass full of ice and whatever poured through the cracks. That way it melts over time into delicious cold water instead of lukewarm flat soda with a layer of water on top. It's like a lovely self refilling glass of water, especially when the waiters end up loving off for 30 minutes and I can't get a refill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Related to family members having a permanent image of you that you've shed: when I was a child I was very non-affectionate; totally averse to hugging unless it was my parents. To this day my extended family and my parents' friends think I'm mortified by the prospect of hugging them hello or goodbye. I'm 23, how do you people think I made it this far without ever showing basic human affection?

You would be surprised. It took my ex 6 years to come clean that he hated hugging. Absolutely hated it. No matter what situation, no matter who it was, he hated it so much he finally only told me so I would stop asking him to hold me during sex because that was technically a hug. He was probably autistic as gently caress and that suddenly explained why everything was so bad with him so the relationship ended pretty soon after. Dude wouldn't even hug his ill mother on her once every few years visit to him.