Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

idk how ya'll are getting fat after the fact you know you took every opportunity to dodge any kind of PT and were limdu your whole career anyways plus poo poo food and long hours and an overall lovely lifestyle contributing to obesity

You can have a beard or obesity not both :kiddo:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Edit: I'm actually down about 40 lbs off my peak and still making progress. I have not shaved or trimmed my beard or gotten a haircut since October. I comb my beard daily.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mike-o posted:

it's me. i failed the intelligence test.

We all did.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Painsaw posted:

Measure once cut twice, and 2 fast 2 furious. All I know is I gave a shop $120 just to flush the coolant because I didn't want to deal with it, then three hours later it was back at the same shop with an exploded clutch. They wanted $1200, haha, no.

That might not be ridiculous, I don't know how the setup is. I'd have to pull the engine to do the clutch on my car.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Spicy Guacamole posted:

not pulling the engine to do a clutch job lol gently caress that

That's not the jeep, that's the vette and it's because I swapped for an aftermarket transmission that's bigger than the old one. With the Muncie 4-speed I could drop the transmission to get to the clutch. That said, this car holds to the Blood Sacrifice Rule like none I've ever owned.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 6, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I was born during the Reagan years and I'm not 30 yet, how does that make me old?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

You'd better wear a loving coonskin cap and I'm not even joking.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Slim Pickens posted:

He's already a drunken fool, might as well throw on a puffy shirt and get paid to do it

There's no way this will get the appreciation it deserves, but I laughed.

holocaust bloopers posted:

My final for a class about non-profit organizations is to build a paper npo and to present it. I'm creating a fictional veteran support organization called Pets For Vets where therapy dogs are given to veterans in need. I know it already exists and I don't give a poo poo. It'll be a 7 minute powerpoint full of dog photos. Roscoe and Monty included.

:dukedog:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 11, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

No more GIP suicides, please. Hit up the assistance thread or the google plus hangout if you can't/don't want to wait on an SA thread.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

Interstellar is out for download.

That goddamn wave planet. :stare:

A great loving movie.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

just imagine getting a rimmer from space

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's real, and you better believe I go all Nadal Sassoon or whatever on them. Thus the Allah Allah Oxenfree and smashing choppers in to their MRAPs

There's a lot of ARMA servers I'm straight up IP banned on

I'm gonna reinstall Arma.

Edit: so I can give a safety briefing

Godholio fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 18, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^Interesting...

Cole posted:

I bought some beard balm yesterday. Owns. If you have a beard that naturally grows all frizzy and stuff and you don't want it looking all unruly (like mine) you gotta get some.

You've piqued my curiosity.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Or, you know, you could just brush it.

Yeah, that doesn't do a whole lot. I have a stupid unkempt Irish red beard to go with my stupid unkempt brown hair. At best I look homeless, the rest of the time it's more like Robin Williams in Jumanji.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 20, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

nah, this hat's served me well many a year already. probably it's last summer in service unless it holds up well. any oddball caps are going to be limited to one day before dumpster and not something I'm going to spend money on, so get used to seeing it in any pictures.

unless mountain wind eats it. loving hungry mountains.

i will buy you a Davey Crockett hat

Edit: FWIW the story about not being able to get a seal on a gas mask is accurate. After a couple of weeks without shaving I was loving with chemicals in the garage and probably gave myself brain cancer because I couldn't get the respirator to seal up worth a drat. You'd need the hitlerstache equivalent of a goatee to make it work.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 21, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Good guess. 102 years.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Everyone knows there's one reason to watch rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZet6SvI_Jg

:lol: @ 2:30

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'll take the legos. And if you've never had stones, the kidneys too.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's also their best chance at having a spaceship.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

It really is the worst.

I hate that the Air Force decided to copy the colors for our lovely camo.

No it's special and unique because they added BLUE.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i have an lmt i probably couldve gotten 3 grand for it

Same. I was really debating listing it on gunbroker, but laziness won out.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Judging by what floats around the internet (and adjusting for spergs), I'd guess the average commercial AR is probably about the same. Really depends on what you're willing to spend. There's plenty above and below in terms of quality manufacturing. Keep in mind that all those M4s have been getting used, abused, and the poo poo kicked out of them for years by numerous idiots who don't all care about keeping their rifle. I think if you bought a similar one from a reputable company and actually maintained it you'd have a relatively trouble-free experience.

I've put at least 2000 rounds through mine and the only time it didn't function properly was a box of WWB ammo where the primers popped out of each case and wouldn't let the bolt hit home while feeding the next one. It would close on the primer, and obviously not fire until I got it out there. Beyond that, never a failure.

Edit: I'm pretty lousy at routinely cleaning it if I haven't gone shooting.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Doesn't 22 cost just as much these days, if you can find it? Or has that poo poo finally worked itself out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I didn't pay close attention because I don't own a .22, but for a long time there were complaints that stores couldn't keep it on the shelves. I know the local walmart STILL doesn't have any kind of selection in their ammo case. I assumed scarcity=price gouging.

THANKS OBAMA Bloomberg

• Locked thread