Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
In if there's still space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Hey so I've almost got my Jojo's game ready, I'll run it sometime soon, maybe after Gaspy's next transformers game?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

busb posted:

What is Auspol's collective take on anime? This is important.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

Trying to play it casual this game, Bif? Interesting.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

busb posted:

I will lynch mills or any player pretending to be mills.

or any anime fans.

I'm doing god's work.

I like video game music and Earthships and JoJo and if anyone on the internet thinks that's dumb, well who cares gently caress them :)

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know what this is referencing.

Can't analyse my writing style if I post pictures, friend.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

The evidence will show that I have about twelve tabs open full of different phrases used in court. :negative:

I've had a quick look back over my posts in auspol chat thread to find my favourite jojo pics. There's... a lot.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

SKY COQ posted:

Me @ this thread

Wait, I don't recognise this one. Is this something new from Toei Animation?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

If you would approach the bench?

Gwynplaine has only played three or four games. Gywnplaine got shitted all over by Mills in his first game.

Gwyn's highlight from his first game (as a vanilla town):

Gwynplaine posted:

Makes sense. If I was gonna lie about my role though, I'd have said I was a jester.

I realise we're doing this ongoing dance here and it's getting tiresome but that is literally how it is. It's gonna be right there in my death. Vanilla scum.

I'm just sorry that I'm probably gonna end up misleading people and losing the game for the town as a consequence. I'm gonna see about getting some help after this.

I am really genuinely sorry to all the people I'm pissing off.

Gwynplaine posted:

Town. Vanilla TOWN. Jesus.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Zetsubou-san posted:

I'm Forry you Feel taht way but I do havve extemuating circumstancces you shoulF consider:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gough Suppressant posted:

Am I splodes alt

Or is Splode mine

chuck palahnuik got nothin on this

Sorry muyb my post history is pages upon pages of milqueposting - SA blocked at work means I rarely post, and after this happened I now rarely talk politics either. Just make something up, talk about Canberra being not poo poo, etc.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

I. Don't. Make. poo poo. Up.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah except there's no useful data day one so you're just making poo poo up and trying to pass it off as good analysis.

Rest easy citizens of Mafia.

Your hero has arrived.

Great, Milky's going to roleplay again.

##vote Asphyxious

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##unvote

##vote Anidav

Anidav make better use of your source material.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

What people would those be? I'm trying to improve my game by revealing my picks a bit earlier. If you could follow suit and post your vig hitlist so we can get some more confirmed town in here, that would be great.

Gaspy's liner notes on how to play as Milky: "you have a personal victory if you maintain a strike rate with your vigilante hits lower than Tony Abbott's approval rating"

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

I'm as merciful as I am brilliant.

Modkill cosmocaust incoming.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
For what it's worth Bif(GASPY) and Hambeet(TOML) going hard at each other is pretty normal, and they could well both be town. I'd prefer looking elsewhere for now. I'd go with Gaspy(MILKY MOOR) or one of the quiet players.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

yeah I thought that's what we were doing, well aside from the vote that is.

LAWYERS, COURT. GAVEL. STAND.

Don't let it stop the slapfight, just the two of you keep it in the back of your mind in case better evidence comes along later.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
I'm really uncomfortable about Mills stitching up Gough (TIRADE) like this. It seems far too like "What's that skippy? Gough is a town-hating scum?" Not sure how Lid(SK)'s vote, however mangled, is supposed to count any stronger than anyone else on d1.

##unvote
##vote Mills

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Asphyxious posted:

Lynch no matter what. I stand by the fact that no useful case can be built day one, and I'm getting bored with this. I also think Mills is a good player and great and scum hunting and in no way a massive idiot so if Gough does come up town that in no way is his fault or points to him in a negative way at all despite his huge amounts of work building a case on him.

Why would you cover for Mills like that? That's weirdly unnecessary and also untrue, in the last game Mills was scum and laid down the first d1 vote on the guy that got killed.

Unless you're Milkyposting I guess.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mills posted:

I think Gough is scum. I've made a case. Agree with it, say as much, and vote with me. Or disagree with it and present a case on someone else.

Lid being prevented from posting it not a case. It's unrelated to alignment. Saying it's annoying and therefore we should get rid of it is lazy play and it is bad play and it is the kind of easy poo poo Auspol scum jump on (just like the kind of easy lazy Zetsubou lynch I put you all on in Tithin's game).

My vote's on you and the case I have is that you're massively overselling your case on Gough. Gough's not an idiot, and I really really doubt that calling Lid (SK) town was a scumslip like you're trying to allege. So why keep trying so hard? All the siren smileys in the world isn't going to make it seem more likely that it's a slam dunk against Gough.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Mith, plotter, tbk, you three and tithin haven't got an active vote. What are you thinking?

Tithin gets a pass 'cause he's already posted his thoughts.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

XyloJW posted:

This is a fair enough argument for me to unvote Lid, but I am still sort of unsatisfied that no one is giving me a good scenario where we positively identify Lid. It just seems like a glaring methodological error. At least with the people not voting/not commenting, we can (and should!) demand reasons from them. But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

##unvote

You're spot on xylo, it's going to be a problem that we'll need to address at some point. With anyone else there's going to be a vote history and reasoning to go and check back through after a few days but Lid's not going to give us anything that could either condemn or exonerate him.

If there's a choice between Gough and Lid with half an hour to go I'd vote Lid, but I'm still more suss on Mills right now. I'm also somewhat suss on the low-postcount players and would prefer that they spoke up a bit.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Plotterboy posted:

I don't have a vote yet because its still been pretty up in the air on getting a lynch for D1. Gough and lid are the easy votes. But its been 20 pages of just bollocks so far with the usual effort posters waving thier mafia dicks around on non existent data. Honestly after browsing through the piles of wank i want to vote mills because he wont shut the gently caress up, and if scum can control the narrative then they have mostly won. But as i said, Gough is the easy vote at the moment.

##vote Gough Suppressant

I don't want to pick on you after a great bear post but "I totally want to vote for someone else but I'm gonna jump on this lazy lynch train instead" is a bad reason to vote. If you're more suss on someone else - whether Mills or someone else who's annoying you, even me - try to start something on them. Voting for Gough (who's more than likely getting helped along by scum right now) when you don't believe in the case is a bad, bad play.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

So who else is having a great Monday?

I just woke up, so me I guess. Gimme a sec to try and digest what happened overnight.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

Just not sure what the helmets have got to do with anything.

Pretty sure it's Anidav (CARTOON)'s post conditions - every post has to mention biking of some kind?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

That much is obvious, it's just hard to tell sometimes what he's trying to really talk about.

Yeah I'm more pointing it out because of how much of a waste it is. Cartoon's given us so much gold over the years beyond just bike chat. Better conditions would have been:

* post "MUPPET TOWN" in the first 10 posts of every morning following the lynch of a town.
* pick someone on d1 to be Noted Scum Apologist and refer to them by an acronym for the remainder of the game.
* drop terrible burns that invite an easy comeback on either hambeet or the person with hambeet's character at least once a day.

etc etc

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

But that doesn't matter all that much seeing as he's dead now.

Quick look at posting history of Xylo(TBK):

Early vote in on Lid then in on Mills.
Throws shade on Gaspy (MILKY) while trying to take Gaspy's shade off Bif (GASPY).

Not much to go on, but should give Lid a bit of breathing space.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

busb posted:

So your analysis is that Lid isn't on a scumteam with Xylo, but Bif could be?

The "analysis" came from a quick scan of xylo's post history, don't read too much into it. It puts Bif slightly higher on my scumlist though - xylo's a fairly new player so he might have been a bit overeager in helping out scumpals. It's not enough to make a case on yet, but it's something.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyway. I can't fault your reasoning for looking at Xylo as possibly defending me. But I never really got much on me in the way of votes apart from Beet(TOML) so it was hardly needed. I think he may have been trying to derail Gough more than anything. I wasn't in danger of being lynched, but by supporting me it could have swung votes towards my other targets, Beet(TOML) or Gaspy(MILKY). Especially in Gaspy(MILKY)'s case, as he had been the leader before the Gough case came along.

Yeah fair enough. Lemme go back and check.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

As a shameless capitalistic authoritarian, I would definitely condemn any revolutionary attempt by the Forum proletariat to rise up and lynch He Who Probates And Bans From Across The Seas. I definitely would not jump on that train so hard it loving breaks

Hey TOML when you get back let us know why you posted this yesterday - what gave you a read on xylo?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Zetsubou-san posted:

so my theory id:

MILKY kills town #1
unknown kills town #2 :confuoot:
unjnown scunm kills MILKY
unknown PGO kills KEN

still can't Fit a Foruth kill in there, but since i'm kinda new to maFia there might be some other angle with wich to look over the data.

Don't assume that there's a pgo. Scum nightkill gets one, town vig (RIP MILKY) gets one, xylo's one-shot strongman kill gets one, and so our last one is something else - PGO, serial killer, maybe something else.

Could even be that Gaspy killed xylo, and Milky's character had a self destruct if he actually ever killed a scum.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Tirade posted:

Quick look at posting history of Xylo(TBK):

Early vote in on Lid then in on Mills.
Throws shade on Gaspy (MILKY) while trying to take Gaspy's shade off Bif (GASPY).

Not much to go on, but should give Lid a bit of breathing space.

Oh poo poo one other thing to keep in mind, xylo didn't join the Gough (TIRADE) train.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
That's good enough for my vote for now.

##vote Zetsubou-san

Gonna go back and look at zetsubou's and tithin's post history now.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Are we still able to summon votefinder by calling out his name?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Now that the leader of the Mills Fan Club is dead, may I suggest an alternative?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Also this situation we're in totally reminds me of when Jojo was on a bizarre adventure, fighting zombies and vampires and poo poo. Jojo's got some seriously good hair and there's all these shoutouts to 80s era classic rock. I do like an anime that doesn't take itself seriously. I like anime in general. Anime.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Milky is yet to reply to my PM about Bikes. I am suss on tithin because of this and wish to seek GM confirmation on gently caress up within the thread.

Also a reply to me would be nice if so.

Bikes.

Anidav can you please provide an analysis of the safety issues present in the following image:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
loving hell. I am in no way keen to vote for Gough. I'd rather vote someone at random who's done gently caress all today or yesterday. I have absolutely no way to make a case for or against, but I don't think Gough is scum.

##vote Everythingwasbees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Lid posted:

##UNVOTE
##VOTE SPLODE
##UNVOTE
##VOTE TIRADE
##UNVOTE
##VOTE GOUGH SUPPRESSANT

I'm not hammering Gough, dude.

• Locked thread