Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hi friends, this is my first mafia game :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JakeP posted:

same also I just reg'd anyone want to welcome me to the forums?

Hi Mr. Shrek! Welcome to the forums :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

Hm, you sound like a tithin, but I better get a Dangan Ronpa character to make sure.

I would like a Dangan Ronpa character, Mr. Smug Komaeda!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Harold Krell posted:

Welcome everyone!

My name is Harold Krell and I'd like you to get acquainted with my mafia friends!

1. Poison Mushroom (Mafia-Aligned Godfather)
2. Dr. Hurt (Mafia-Aligned Roleblocker)
3. Yuming (Mafia-Aligned Bulletproof)
4. Highwire (Mafia-Aligned Tracker)
5. Magnus Gallant (Mafia-Aligned Backup Godfather)
6. Gulag (Mafia-Aligned Roleblocker)
7. Harold Krell (Mafia-Aligned Rolecop)
8. CapnAndy (Mafia-Aligned Ninja)
9. Saint Freak (Mafia-Aligned Doctor)
10. flatluigi (Mafia-Aligned Rolecop)
11. Meinberg (Mafia-Aligned Assassin)

I hopre you all have fun. ;)

Thanks, friend Krell! It's so nice of you to introduce yourselves :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

okay help me out here guys, give me the dirt on what Rarity's like

I'm a kind, good-hearted gal who just wants everyone to be happy and who could never betray a friend. I like ponies, candy and sparkles :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

tithin posted:

You are :

Raptorfag

He sounds like a pleasant fellow :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok I was going to keep up the whole first mafia game bullshit but it turns out I have ~*OPINIONS*~ grr

For those of you who've never played with Krell, the context you're missing from this turbo is that he's a huge jackass who's been abusive to people in every recent game he's played and a bunch of current players don't want to play mafia with him. It's highly likely that he'd be getting turboed right now even if he hadn't scumclaimed. I don't think anyone can be blamed for voting for him right now. I also don't think his scumclaim indicates he's scum or a jester, I think it just indicates he's a huge jackass. I doubt there's only 11 scum in a game with almost 100 people and I doubt none of them have crazy Taste roles. All in all, I'd rather not turbo Krell cause it prevents us from creating a whole lot of D1 content.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Friend Rurea, tell me what you think of me :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It's everything I ever wanted :swoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

:siren: If you have some cool vig or SK power and don't want to kill Harold Krell tonight, please nightkill me instead cause I don't want to go on living in this world :siren:

Oh yeah, this post.

##vote Bifauxnen

What the hell is this post?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

don't listen to Raptorfag

That post is the first real scummy thing anyone's done all game.

GulagDolls posted:

why are u focus on that post instead of ten thousand vote on harold krell

I already explained this, it's like the first post on this page geez

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

##bomb Harold Krell

Fair play ##unvote

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

HELLO ADVENTURERS I AM THE RUBY KING

WOOF WOOF

SHOW ME SOMETHING FUNNY AND THE FUNNIEST THING WILL GAIN MY FAVOR

Tremendous Taste posted:

Harold Krell has died!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chic Trombone posted:

Has this game started yet I'm not reading 400+ posts to find out

Yes, Krell's already dead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

##unvote
##vote lumpen

This isn't an Ecco game, you don't need to do that here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

##vote Lumpen

Hmmm

##vote Asiina

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sophia posted:

What's up assholes. I am the Topaz Queen, and unlike that idiot king I like words. So many words. gently caress pictures, you know what I mean?

Topaz means friendship, and we should all be friends in here, so write me a couple of paragraphs about who your best friend is in this game and why. The very best most friendliest person of all will be favored by me. And believe me, that's a pretty sweet deal because really I kind of hate you all. I swear to god if anyone posts anything about goths you'll get cut.

Okay so no meanness here, just the purity of language and love and joy. Get cracking!

Oh, one other note. I am not eligible for your friendship essay. Ugh. Gross.

Ok, there's only one girl in this game I can write this about. Anyone who's part of the current mafia community knows who I mean, for the rest of you it's Asiina. We met just over a year ago during Awful Big Brother. We set up an alliance on D1 that we carried all the way through the game. One by one, we cut down our enemies and stabbed our friends in the back and in doing so we developed a deep bond of trust. It was so great to have someone who I could talk to about the game who understood it on the same level as me and who was also really fun to just sit and chat bullshit with. And then I ruined everything. I did to her what we did to everyone else, I stabbed her in the back. I learned a very important lesson that day. Some things are more important than winning. For the rest of a game, I was an absolute wreck. My showing at final tribal was a disaster cause I just didn't care, all I wanted was to talk to her and make it right. As soon as the votes came in, I asked her back into our doc and I had tears streaming down my face as I apologised. Luckily, she forgave me and we were able to move past it. We played PopCon together and she betrayed me while I stayed loyal and I was kinda mad about it for a time (not for the betrayal itself but the way it happened) but I got over it. She's also the reason I play mafia and I never would have had all the fun experiences I've had or met all these great people without her.

So that's our history but it doesn't really explain the why. Cause there's more to this friendship than just old alliance bonds, cause those bonds wouldn't exist if there wasn't already a connection. I think one of the things I love most about Asii is she isn't afraid to hold back on her opinions. She speaks her mind, if she doesn't like something you've done she will tell you and that is a trait that I really respect. She's also very creative and hard-working when it comes to games. She put so much work into Awful Genius and ended up producing something that was absolutely amazing, her mafia setups are always a joy to play and her flavour is inevitably entertaining. I haven't even mentioned yet that she's got a wicked sense of humour so she's a great person to just chat poo poo with. So guys, if you're in this game and you don't know who Asiina is, take the time to get to know her. She's amazing.

Asiina posted:

Eventually in order to get myself to the end, I had to be the one who stabbed my dear friend in the back.

You didn't HAVE to :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Even though it's probably not reciprocated, Rarity is my best friend in this game. In my first ever mafia game she was my werewolf scumbro and it was a grand old time and WE WON even though I died because she's just that awesome. Also, there's not a lot of other girls in this here mafia community so I do tend to favor them. Also guys suck. My phone kept auto correcting guys to fits so I guess fits sucks too.

So rarity is my best friend :)

D'aw :3:

You're definitely a friend, friend ANarc! It was great being able to get to know you in Skyrim, you're really cool and I'm looking forward to playing loads more mafia with you :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khris Kruel posted:

ok so here is the list of players that are in the game that posted in the 5 minute window of Harold Krell's death:

Gulagdoll
Rurea
flatluigi
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
Milky Moor
Rarity
Bifauxnen

Can y'all confirm if you got a message about Harold's role?

Gulagdoll and flatluigi claim they did

I didn't get a message about Krell's flip

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khris Kruel posted:

if anyone's counting, and I am, that's two scum slips

Oh god dude stop it this is painful :gonk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##vote yuming

This momentum on flatluigi is terrible, based off an assumptive premise and while I think KK's genuinely made a mistake, the bandwagon votes are very scummy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
winvirus leads through a culture of fear

##vote winvirus

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I did have to! Don't steal points!

If you'd got on board with my plans at the final 9-7 stage then you woulda still made it to the end!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

They all would have turned against us!

If we'd voted out Carpet when she wanted to vote me then we coulda easily got a final 4 of you/me/Hulka/Fluck that woulda guaranteed me victory :mad:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Carpet Shark posted:

This is interesting to think about. You might have swayed Fast Luck by playing off the fact that I booted King Burgundy but he really didn't trust you at all Rarity. Not to mention he two of us had talked the whole game about how we suspected there was an alliance between you and Asiina. I don't think it would have flown. Also Hulka and I were pretty tight too.

I think Asiina made the correct move strategically.

Hmm, I might be mixing it up and my planned final 4 was you/me/Hulka/Asiina. The idea was we'd each have a final 3 that guaranteed us the win so we'd all vote for the person not in our final 3 and you'd lose the tiebreak cause I'd stolen all your points (yes, I've definitely mixed it up) and then Hulka and Asii would vote for me and I'd win. Then Asii ruined everything by voting out Hulka at 6 :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sophia posted:

Rarity loved me first

I was trying not to lose points by saying she was as awesome as you :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sophia posted:

Rarity looked down in horror to see that in the end she had only WIFOMed... herself.

:glomp:

Well now she's definitely ahead of you :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GulagDolls posted:

Hello everyone, it is I, the EMERALD DOG!!! I am here to bestow gifts.....for a price...it turns out that all the glitters isnt emeralds. there are many other kinds of jewels and trinkets. but none more powerful than netflix movie recommendations for gulagdolls to watch tonight. that's right. I wanna watch a movie.The person who writes the best recommendation for a movie that matches my tastes will be handsomely rewarded....

Stop being lazy and go hit the gym instead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thoughts on the last 25 pages:

- yuming's reaction to the votes on her was very self-serving, she was only focused on survival and not doing anything to help town. Also unless it comes up later, nobody's claimed as the person giving yuming her orders

- I know it was said as a joke but I can definitely PMom being scum for his % post

- KK's argument about wanting flavour on Lid's investigation is really bad cause from everything I've seen this is a flavourless game.

Kat Delacour posted:

##vote yuming

Sorry I was phone posting earlier as I checked my emails and stuff and borked the vote.

Yuming could be telling the truth but with a varied role like that she's likely to be under constant roleblock or nightkill now. If we test the cop's result his N1/N2 results can be interpreted fairly, that is if he also isn't permablocked or killed. The only way we know we can get ANY information from both of these roleclaims is to burn the witch.

This is a really bad vote, Kat is overly justifying her(?) logic at a point where all she had to do was put down a vote.

- Byers, I really want to agree with your case on diqnol but I just don't, I think he's town

- Oh wait, PMom's claimed some weird CYOA 3p thing. Interesting. I'm willing to believe it for now

- Someone at some point said that Asiina is confirmed town. I'd like whoever it was to expand on this cause she is hitting my scumdar fierce here.

- Ah there's the additional claim from MMM for yuming's role. I think I remember seeing a similar setup in I think it was one of Ecco's games? There were three players who'd submit a name to an assassin and then the assassin would pick one of the three to kill. I'm pretty sure there was scum in that little group so I'm not going to write yuming off based on her claim just yet. Also, MMM's play in general looks very towny.

- Holy poo poo Khris Kruel you are so bad at mafia

- Oh good, everyone else hates you too

- KRELL'S BACK gently caress EVERYTHING

- OH GOD HE'S RAPPING

- Mills being confirmed masons with yuming is such horseshit. Most likely, Mills doesn't know or care about yuming's alignment, he's just trying to let her keep playing for longer because ~*emotions*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Asiina, I think you are aggressively posting non-game related posts. What's up with that?

I'm glad you're seeing this too, FV

Asiina posted:

FV I know you like to try to actually play mafia in even the goofiest of circumstances. You were giving it your all in fanfic while I was writing Mario/Yoshi bestiality fanfiction. I can appreciate that and I think you are fighting the good fight.

But that just ain't me.

Asiina, when you're town you like to joke around but you still actively care about the game. You get emotionally invested and even when you're joking about, that attachment is still clear. CS:GO and Secret Invasion are a couple of great recent examples of this. I'm just not seeing it this game. Why did you jump on the Lumpen bandwagon?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Highwire posted:

So I think we should be rid of Lid tonight. Regardless of how he flips, we gain information. If he flips town-aligned Cop, we kill Yuming Day 2 for sure, so we have not really lost anything (because post-claim, Lid is useless as a cop, see above). If he flips anything other than Town Cop (which is my suspicion), it will give us a longer trail to look back at on day one to understand people's connections to him and their reaction to his claim.

tl;dr

• Lid made a terrible decision to claim and his reasoning is very flawed, or more likely he is lying, hiding something.
  • By choosing to claim he denied himself the reasonable chance to get a second or more nights investigation results.
  • Having claimed, he has guaranteed his role is useless/unreliable for the rest of the game as well as a distraction.
  • Seeing his flip has huge upsides and very limited downsides

:siren: SCUM ALERT SCUM ALERT :siren:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

i will replace myself out of this game if krell ends up in this game a third time

Maybe Krell can be the one to replace you :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I had no reason to jump on the Lumpen bandwagon, but it was a bandwagon.

So? Why would you bother getting on a bandwagon as town? Just for the fun of voting? I don't see it being a move you'd make as town, even in this crazy game.

Guys, I think we should lynch yuming and Asii today.

##vote Asiina

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

I'm looking at Asiina's post history and I see a good amount of game chat mixed in with some nongame chat and I think people harping on her specifically for "not participating" when there are both players that have only talked about non-game poo poo and players that haven't said anything whatsoever is a bit odd

I'm not on her back because she hasn't talked game, I'm on her back cause when she does she doesn't seem connected to what's going on. Remember how I said Asii's my best friend, I've played tons of games with her, I've modded her when she's town, I've modded her when she's scum, I've caught her as scum when I'm town and I've fake cased her as scum when I'm scum. I know better than anyone in this thread how she plays and how to read her. Asiina is a good lynch today.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

your first major participation in the thread was a worddump on why it's smarter to kill a cop who claims a scum result over the result they got, dude, with the classic excuse of "it's to gain information"

Don't forget actively encouraging a chain lynch as well!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Rarity, oh bestest buddy, this is such a fabrication! You have been wrong far more than you have been right with my alignment. You always think I'm scum when I'm not! Remember CS:GO? Of course you do because you mentioned it earlier. You were sooooooo sure and so wrong!

I was a SK that game, I didn't actually care if you were scum or not. Especially when I voted for you at LYLO in the hopes the scum would jump on my vote! So far in this game your vote history is jumping on three bandwagons (Krell, Lumpen and winvirus) that were already in progress and then managing to combine a 'me too' with an OMGUS on Carpet Shark.

yuming, if you want to convince me you're not just playing to survive then you should have a read of Asiina.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

food for thought: are policy lynches critiqueable for bandwagoning

Not in isolation but when combined with other evidence, yes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Highwire posted:

Its my first major participation because I have been away for the last 2 days, its a word dump because the way you voice your opinions is to use works, and his reasoning stinks. Calling me scum for making my opinions known isn't scummy, its just lazy and predictable.

It's not that you made your opinions known, it's for the actual opinions. I don't think this is a hard concept to understand.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rurea, what do you think of my case on Asii?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Poque posted:

rarity more like territy

meaning terrible

Well the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mills posted:

I am bemused that the people who profess to have such strong views on my meta are people who have made no attempts to know me a as person (TCS asiina rarity). Gj pint mom and Poque for being mostly correct though~

I don't need to know you personally to know about your strong friendship with yuming

• Locked thread