Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

It's another dark, dreary morning at Whitewillow; with fresh coats of graffiti on the dull concrete buildings, a new broken window in the main school building, and the old, weathered flag that should be at the front gates has gone missing. Again. It's coming close to the start of the school day, in a chaotic routine some of you might even have gotten used to by now. In bits and pieces, everyone who doesn't want to be singled out for 'special' classes arrives for Homeroom, with the cliques staying in the back corners of the class, and everyone else taking whichever spots they want as they wait for whichever teacher's been saddled with Homeroom today to show up.

Everyone: What do you normally do, in this time before the first teacher arrives? Have you deviated from your schedule today? If so, why?

Alister: One girl sat at the front, Tanya, keeps glancing at you nervously when you arrive. What did you to do her, or for her?

Nyx: Russel, a scrawny kid sitting near the door, has been a nice supply for 'real' drugs at any and all parties, but you can taste his fear. What's he so scared of, and why has it been getting worse, recently?

Anna: Colin, sitting by an unbroken window, has been catching a quick nap on his desk since before you got here - what does Hugo tell you has been keeping him up at night? Do you care?

Alex: Harriet, sitting near to you, has been acting weirdly the past couple of days, and just a few minutes ago she asked you something surprising. What was it? How did you answer?

Nathan: Franklin is the biggest bully in the class; what do you know about his secret nature that nobody else does? Does he know you know?

Jess: Jasmine's tried to be your friend lately - do you think she's for real, or does she want something from you? What would she want?

Sarah: What was it RUL commanded you to do last night? Did he offer you a reward for it, or not? Do you plan to do it, or rebel?

Max: Susan is here, and she recognizes you. How has she tried to get back at you for what you did for Janice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hot +2, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark +1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions:

I filed into the room still in my party outfit - oh I threw on a 'regulation' skirt - though it was neon blue - and a small bright pink jacket that currently wasn't zipped, to cover the bikini I'd worn to DJ last night. Like, ugh, it just wasn't worth fighting with them, and I dunno I guess it wasn't too bad, the jacket was at least cute, and I guess it wasn't too restricting. I don't know why they even pretended to care here, honestly, it was so stupid, none of them cared about us but ohh, if they could yell at me for my clothes, they'd do so. Stupid adults.

The parties recently had been getting a bit larger, and I was pretty sure Russel was getting nervous at that. It's not like the cops cared, I mean we'd been having them every week for a year now, sometimes multiple times a week, it was clear the cops didn't care about some kids having fun, stupid fucks probably hoped we were dying. Whoops, shouldn't talk like that. Either way though, last night was the biggest crowd I'd DJed for, we apparently broke the three digits judging from entry fees. I dunno if Russel was afraid of the cops or running out of drugs for 'em, but hell, people'd come without it by now. It was just the only thing to do here, even for those of 'em who didn't get heavy into the scene.

I didn't really feel like dealing with his fear right now though, I just wanted to get comfortable. And by comfortable, I meant I moved to where Jess was sitting, pulling her chair away from the desk she was lazing around in, "Borrowin' this babe, you can come with it though, always love ya." I giggled and winked to Jess as I pushed her desk away - and up to Sarah's, climbing up on top of the pair of dirty graffiti covered desks, smiling to Sarah as I covered up whatever was on her desk without a care, reaching out to brush a hand against her cheek without a single care, "Didn't see ya last night Sare's, you should've seen the crowd. And I was up runnin' it even. Totally a drag that you weren't there." My jacket was opened completely, and my bare stomach and chest only covered with a slightly too small rainbow colored bikini was obvious. I'd have to close it before the class started, but I generally got away with it as long as I kept the jacket zipped up when the 'authorities' were around.

Turn On Jess: 2d6+2 12
Strings! And XP!

Turn On Sarah: 2d6+2 9

quote:

Skin: Fae

Hot: +2
Cold: -1
Volatile: -1
Dark: +1

Looks: Girlish, mesmerizing eyes
Origin Fae Born

Moves

Faery Contract
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them. When spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options:

they gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;

add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;

they suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

Lure
Whenever someone makes a promise to you, they mark experience. Whenever someone breaks a promise to you and you seek vengeance, mark experience.

Sex Move
When you lie naked with another, you can ask them for a promise. If they refuse, take 2 Strings on them.

Darkest Self
Everything you say is a promise. Everything you hear is a promise. If a promise is broken, justice must be wrought in blood. To escape your Darkest Self, you must in some way re-balance the scales of justice.

Promises
Sarah - Promises to attend Friday Rave. :catdrugs:
Alister - Promises to attend Friday Rave. :shroom:
Alex - Promises to attend Friday Rave :lsd:
Max - Promises to see tomorrow :smith:
Sarah - Promsies to be nice/less mean to Jess. :glomp:
Jess - Promises she wont go off on Nyx :palmon:
Jess - Wont hurt herself because of Nyx :siren:
Jess - Is Nyx's :sissies:
Jess - Will not be upset over people wanting to sleep with Nyx :syoon:

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 16, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot +2, Cold -1, Volatile +1, Dark -1

Current Mood

Seriously though. Every drat day. Vern knocks on my door until I hear him through the headphones. He normally doesn't know that Nyx dragged me out to some party, so it takes like, twenty loving minutes.

Then it's a quick shower, pick out an outfit. Make sure the phone's charged, and pretend to listen to him bitch about how I need to be ready in the morning and he can't keep being late to his job and blah blah loving blah - the whole. Ride. Down.

What the gently caress ever. I get to Shitwillow about a minute before the bell every day, so what does it even matter? Then I find Nyx, unless she's sleeping one off that day. If not her, then Alex. If not her, Max. And if not her, then whatever, a corner, headphones, and catch some more sleep. Today though? I don't know, maybe it was just the weather turning or maybe someone shot someone else outside my window, but I woke up early. Which sucked. Because yeah of course Nyx dragged me out last night. poo poo that little top she wore was great though. Maybe that was why - you always wake up from the really good dreams too soon, right?

At least it let me get properly ready instead of rushing. Deep, deep purple eyeshadow, black lipstick, made sure the black nailpolish was up to muster too. Then it was an old Misfits tee, black mini, and candystripe thigh-highs. Don't forget the platform heels. Proper shitkickers. Oh, and gently caress, arm-warmers. Detroit was always cold. I just let the hair hang loose, and sunglasses because it was WAY too early for this poo poo.

At least Vern didn't bitch, but...well, then there was Jasmine. I guess she was trying to be my "friend", or whatever. But, gently caress, anybody who approaches me first is obviously trying to get at some dad-money - like I can even get anything substantial if I wanted to. No thanks. Besides, Nyx was flirting, and, well, dragging my desk away. I mouthed a 'sorry' To Jasmine - best not to burn bridges - and then unashamedly dragged my chair across the room in front of the desk. "Nyx you crazy bitch!" I exclaimed as I plopped myself back down, laughing. I rested my head on my hands, which, were, coincidentally, resting on Nyx's legs as they stretched over my desk. I might've snuggled in a bit. Maybe. "Your set ran waaay too long, I don't think I even slept. NEED COFFEE!" My shout was muffled into my hands/her legs.

Ok, turn on Nyx back.

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 8+2 = 10

Taking a string. Also marking xp for rolling Hot.

quote:

Skin: The Neighbor
Look: femme, averted eyes
Origin: divorce kid

Hot: 2
Cold: -1
Volatile: 1
Dark: -1

Moves

Last One Picked
When someone special overlooks you, choose:
- publicize it and give them a Condition,
- let them see you crying and take a String on them.

Mixed Messages
When you're alone with someone, decide if you're attracted to them or not.
- If you are, tell them why you can't be together and roll to shut them down, adding 1 to the roll.
- If you're not, tell them all the things they've got going for them (to let them down easy) and roll to turn them on, adding 1 to the roll.

Self-Deprecating
When you talk poo poo about yourself to someone, they choose:
- argue and give you a String,
- let it slide and shut you down.
If it's an NPC, MC chooses: they argue and give you a String, or they mock you and the MC makes a hard move.

Sex Move
When you scream out someone's name during sex, gain a String on them.

Darkest Self
You feel... you feel like a monster. What kind of monster do you feel like? A werewolf, a vampire, a ghost, a queen... it can be anything you can think of. Tell the MC, and they'll hand you that Skin or the closest thing to it. It can be different each time. Read their Darkest Self: you are drowning in metaphor. Choking on it. Your body isn't supernatural, but you're gonna take it right to the line. You become that Darkest Self.

Backstory
You live next to someone; your bedroom windows face. Choose:
- you watch them through the blinds and they've noticed, each gain 1 String on one another;
- you leave your blinds up while you change, each gain 2 Strings on one another.

You made out with someone a while ago. Gain a String on them and give them 2 Strings on you.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 14, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Hot +2 Cold +1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5. Conditions:
Outfits: Crazy Fae Raver Outfit (Nyx), Normal Rich Girl Outfit (Jess)
Currently Wearing : Normal Lady Tank Top (Max's Own Clothes)

I don't know what I expected from this place. Maybe some peace, but I wasn't getting that. Maybe somewhere to disappear, but my old life was coming right back at me.

It was getting down to a science at this point. I knew what to expect every day I was 'me' in there. Get up in the morning. Put on something, it doesn't matter- none of my own clothes were all that great, and if I wasn't someone else that day, there was no point to wearing one of their outfits (It'd just be weird having twins hanging around for no reason, after all. Plus... Nyx is a friend, or at least alright, but... I don't want her to know I have her clothes. Not yet, anyways. I don't want to ruin something that might turn into a friendship. She might need my help... and I might need hers.), eat breakfast,walk to school, find Susan in the hallway, no matter what direction I go, she's always there, on a good day I'll just get screamed at and have to ignore her, on a bad day, I'd have to duck away from her trying to kick the poo poo out of me.

On a normal day, I'd just leave, go to the classroom, chat with Jess or something, wait for the teacher to get there, pretend to know what I'm doing, do the work, relax, eventually go back to my room, maybe sneak out to one of Nyx's raves or go sit somewhere quiet and read, maybe I'd go out into town- i'm pretty good at sneaking out and vanishing, or so I'd like to think. Maybe I'd just eat dinner, maybe I'd just go to bed.. Not that I didn't have food to eat, but that I couldn't be bothered... I usually just ate in the mornings, honestly. Some of the kids at the orphanage would joke about it, but I just don't get hungry very often... On a normal day, I'd subsist. I'd be fine, I might even enjoy myself a little.

Today was not shaping up to be a normal day.

I was walking through the main hall down to class when Susan rounded on me and started screaming, saying that I was a slut, a whore, and all I had wanted was to steal Janice from her, that I deserved to die- the usual poo poo. But today..? I wasn't ready to just sit and listen. I wanted... I wanted this to be done with, or at least to say something, to make myself feel a little better. I wanted her gone.

I turned to her, opened my mouth.... and didn't know what to say. I must have said something in there, but I don't think I got much further than 'skank' before I clammed up- I... I don't know how to deal with people like her, okay? So I just stood there, frozen, and waited to see what she did- blood running cold...

(Rolled to shut down, failed.)

quote:

Name: Max(ine) Levine
Looks: Sleek, Vibrant Eyes
Origin: Foster Kid
Stats:
Hot: 2
Cold: 1
Dark: -1

Moves:

Feathers

Your magic lets you pass as the person whose clothes you're wearing. When you're seen wearing someone else's clothes, but aren't yet passing, roll with Hot.
On a 10, you're passing- you'd fool their mother and their favorite hookup.
On a 7-9, as above, but choose one:
The magic will dissipate if you kiss someone or are kissed.
The magic will dissipate if you lash out at someone.

Shredding the Looking Glass:
When someone suspects you're not who you appear to be, read them this: "If the enchantment were to be broken, the edges would be very sharp. You momentarily notice a gap in my magic. Choose one: Tear my magic away - my identity is revealed and the clothes are in tatters, but you get scratched up in the process and take 1 harm,or, shake your head to clear it- it was nothing."

That Good:
While you're passing as someone, if anyone would gain a String on you, they instead gain it on the person you're passing as.

Sex Move: Once you've had sex with someone, add 1 to your rolls for passing as them.

Metamorphosis:
When you roll a 10+ on gaze, you may change two of your stats permanently, as the visions show you what you must become.

Darkest self: Somebody is a hack at playing themselves in their own life. It grates on you. It's time for you, the understudy, to take that place in the spotlight; you portray them so much better than they do. It's time to take them out of the picture, using whatever means necessary. Replace them. You escape your Darkest Self when something they do surprises you, or someone shows a genuine care for them, or you succeed.

Nea fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 13, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot -1, Cold +1, Volatile -1, Dark +2

After I slip back into the shelter from whatever I've been that night, sleep comes pretty easy. Stealing is hard work, after all. So, my morning routine is pretty straightforward. Shower, clothes, etc. I then leave the shelter, and, once I'm sure I'm alone, I pick the lock on the shelter's outer basement door. One loose floorboard later, I'm carefully checking my stash of valuables to make sure that nothing has been removed. I know it sounds paranoid, but this stuff is all I really have. If someone else found out about it, I'd be screwed. By the time I get to school, I'm usually scarfing down whatever I picked up on the way. Today, I'm feeling pretty good, so I decide to treat myself to MickeyD's.

In the classroom, I've grabbed a seat in the middle of the room, and I'm finishing my orange juice when I notice Tanya's glances. I give her an easy grin and pat my pocket to tell her that I've got the replacement phone she's looking for. Apparently, she "borrowed" her mom's phone, but it got crushed at some crazy party. She's managed to salvage the SIM, but the phone itself was destroyed. Of course, she never said what she had to exchange, and I'm looking forward to negotiating with someone so desperate.

No rush for that though. We can take care of business at lunch or after school. Taking a look around, I spot Nyx (what kind of name is that, anyway?) and Jess sharing a desk and cuddling together. For crying out loud, they can't keep it in their pants in the middle of the classroom?

Groaning, I say loud enough for most people around the spectacle to hear, "Oh my God, just go to the bathroom and gently caress already." I have to suppress a grin at the small chorus of laughs and encouraging hoots.

Shut down Nyx: 2d6+1 10
Take a string and an XP

quote:

Alister, the Wyrm

Hot: -1
Cold: 1
Dark: 2

Look: Sharp, unblinking eyes
Origin: Enamored with Objects

Bargaining Ceremony
When negotiating a bargain during a ceremony, both of you can offer Strings as part of that bargain.
This can include Strings you have on others, or new Strings that you generate on yourselves.
When you're both satisfied, the exchange occurs.
Alister prefers to bargain by smoking with the person he's bargaining with.

The Bait
You have a collection of stolen wealth, such as jewelry and electronics.
When you show it to someone, they inevitably find something they fancy.
They will mark experience when it becomes theirs and is no longer yours.
Also, choose one:
--they see something someone else would like, and when you show that someone the something, carry one forward against them.
--the time has flown by and it's hours later than you thought.

Jealous Coils
When anyone gets close to someone you covet and you act territorial, roll with dark.
On a 10 up, they lose a String on your coveted, and you gain a String on your coveted.
On a 7-9, gain a String on your coveted, and your coveted chooses:
--they give you a Condition,
--you say something you'll regret.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, read them this: "Choose at least one thing from this list, and for each that you choose, describe something I learn about you from our intimacy:
--Give me a String on you, and take something from my collection.
--Give me a String on you, and take a String on me as well.
--Give me a String on you, and I'll promise you anything you'd like.
--Give me a String on you, and then give me a Condition."

Darkest Self
You've become too heady, too lax, too vague.
You need to dominate one of the people-things that you treasure, let it know that it's yours, that it doesn't get to choose who owns it – you do.
You escape your Darkest Self when your treasured thing proves that you don't own it entirely, or when you see the difference between objects and people.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Ugh, Alister I don't even get why he was here, all he ever did was act like one of the loving teachers or like he was better than us. It was sooo clear that he just wanted the attention and like, okay fine, but why you gotta do it by being such a teacher's pet, always telling me about how I wont ever get anywhere or whatev's, I didn't even move from where I was, still spread out on the desks with Jess leaning into my from her seat, I just started at him then giggled, bright blue and purple fingernail running over my lips, slowly as I 'considered' his words, looking over Jess slowly and shrugging,

"I'm sure you'd like to join in on that, Hon, wouldn'tcha? Why don't you just admit it and get it over with, I mean really, no one's gettin' much out'a you being all rude." It was accented with a little giggle, and then two fingers meeting my lips, and a kiss blown across the way towards Alister, "If you ever wanna have fun, you should come party, I'm sure you'd find somethin' you like."

Turn on Alister: 2d6+2 7

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot -1 Cold 0 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions

Heh, all the poo poo Liliana is babbling about sounds like it could've been fun. Too bad RUL and I were having a huddle while I watched Netflix, instead of me going out. He seems to think that Jess, well... it won't take much. To, uh, destroy her life some. Said if I do, he'll get me another car - and not a lovely one that'll crap out on me, or anything like that. I mean, she's kinda a whiny bitch already - maybe I should give her something to really cry about?

Staring down at the class bicycle, I give her a predatory grin. "Eh, I'll be at the next one you DJ, long as you let me know - cool?" For a half second I consider tweaking her - she's literally asking for it wearing that - but manage to restrain myself.

Making a promise to Nyx - will attend next rave she DJ's at given advanced notice. Taking 1 XP from Lure.

Then Jess starts using Nyx as a safety blanket in more or less every sense of the word, whining about coffee. Try making a deal with the devil and then watching your boyfriend die, see if you give a poo poo about coffee then Jess. This is gonna be crazy easy. Thanks RUL.

This class is a goddamn disaster. Alesteir being a dick, Nyx flirting in response because that's how her loving brain works, and Jess will probably start crying because that's how her brain works. Better get in on Jess's good side now, so she'll just tell me some weak points. She'll probably end up doing most of the work of me wrecking things for her, for me!

Nyx shoots something back at Alesteir about his suggestion that her and Jess gently caress, but how is that a bad idea? Nudging Jess since's she's sitting next to me, I flash her a devilish grin. "Eh, idiot over there stumbled across a pretty loving good plan. Lemme know if you guys listen to him, wanna join in." Jess would probably be a lovely lay, but at least she thinks I'm into her.

Turn On Jess: 2d6-1 11
String + XP.

quote:

Sarah Smith, The Infernal
Look: Tense, Calculating Eyes
Origin: Bartered Soul

Hot -1, Cold 0, Volatile 1, Dark 1

Soul Debt
Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self.

Dark Power

RUL, Claw of the Outer Dark
The Tyrant - Offered Sarah a contract in fairly coercive circumstances. Seems to seek the ruination and subjugation of specific mortals for some sinister purpose.

Unknowable
When you lash out physically against someone, on a 10 up, they lose 1 String on you. • On a 7-9, add to your list of options: they lose 1 String on you.

Bargains
Uncanny Voices
You can give the dark power a String in order to realize a secret about someone you’re talking to. The owner of that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose.)

Strings Attached
You can ask the dark power for something that you really, really want. The MC will attach a price to the thing you want, and hint at an undesired twist in its nature. If you pay the price, you’ll get what you’re after.

Sex Move
When you have sex, the dark power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.

Darkest Self
You can’t get what you need, anymore. The world has left you cold and alone, shivering in the wake of your own addictions. The dark power will make some open-ended demands of you, and it’ll promise you some lucrative (and perhaps volatile) things in return. Every demand you fulfill brings you a little closer to feeling whole again, to rekindling the fire in your heart. Whenever you fulfill those demands, remove a String it holds on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the dark power has no more Strings on you, or when you agree to an even worse bargain with an even more dangerous dark power.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 10, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions:

For a brief moment, I actually think about it. Nyx is pretty easy on the eyes, after all. But, I end up just ignoring the offer. After all, she's surely joking.

The party, though...

I give her a smug grin back and say, "That so, huh? Yeah, I guess I could take a night off to relax. All work and no play, etcetra etcetra. When and where?"

Promising to go to the party tonight and try to have fun, taking an XP.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I laughed at Sarah's comment, my mood already lightened by that, and pulled myself over to Sarah and moved in to give her a kiss, not for any real reason but hell, I felt like I may as well do it. It was a little awkward with Jess holding onto my legs but like, so what. I just sort of leaned in turning onto my side - making sure my legs stayed mostly flat to keep being a pillow for my friend of course, I ain't mean. My lips were as glittery as the rest of me and even the tiny press I gave, speaking loud enough that both her and Alister behind me could hear it "I'm holdin' you to that. I'm actually gonna be running the set this Friday, far as I know. I'll pr- woAH!"

I guess I leaned a little too far off because the next thing I knew is I went from flirting with Sarah to falling off the desk-bed I'd made, right into the so called 'spooky' chick's lap, not that I really minded it. My legs fell off with me and I ended up laying across the laps of my two cohorts instead of across their desk. It might have been a little rough of a landing, but I couldn't help but laugh as I turned my head to look up at Sarah - and the bit of glitter that stuck from mine to hers, "Hey, guess I found myself a good pillow after all, ya should let me down here more often. Way better than that borin' desk idea."

I didn't bother to even try moving off of either of them unless they decided to give me a push, instead just taking my new place even if it was a little awkward for anyone else, not like I gave a poo poo, "Anyway like I was sayin', I'll get ya some good poo poo for when you come this Friday, if you want it. Or we can wait til' after and I could have a little after party with ya, don't like to be too hosed up when runnin' my sets, ya know? 'Slong as you don't care about sharin' with Jess of course, she's my main lady for after parties."

"And I dunno, if you don't wanna wait I'm cool, though I think we might get a few eyes if I just strip you down right now for it, Sare-babe, tempting as laying here might make it." I whispered it loud enough for her and Jess to both hear it, giggling to myself afterwards, playfully sticking my tongue out and licking the woman's jeans - just on a leg.

Turn On Sarah: 2d6+2 6 Spending string to raise to 7

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Nyx being Nyx isn't so bad, she tastes good. Somehow doubt she's managed to catch anything quite yet. RUL is, well he's into girls. Kinda weird for a demon god, but yeah not my place to judge him now is it? I mean that's totally why. So it's not like I haven't had experiences by now. Probably need to turn the lights off with her though because drat is she too colorful. Tone it down some, christ.

Friday huh? Can't remember any responsibilities I have then. Alright music, but free drugs and sex? Sure. Bet Jess is into getting spanked. That seems like, I dunno, her thing.

"Good poo poo? Yeah sure." Being on drugs will make hanging out with everyone there bearable. And if Jess takes some, bet I can just be a shoulder to cry on afterwords. Bet she gets really weepy after.

Nyx is just squirming with pleasure in my lap. Honestly, kinda nice to have her on top of me. Aren't bicycles made to be ridden? Lowering my voice to a conspiratorial tone and nudging Jess in the elbow to make sure she's watching, I lean forward and give Jess the most wicked grin... "As for waiting, well..." All the while snaking a hand under her bikini top, getting grabby. She's pretty drat hot, even I'll admit that. Wonder which of us backs down first? And how desperate this will make Jess?

Giving self, kinda.

The whole time I'm fiddling with her, I'm actually using one of RUL's nifty little gifts on her. Let's find out about the real Nyx...

Using Uncanny Voices on Nyx - The owner of that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose.)

Rauri fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 11, 2015

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions

I woke up in my old house, again, this morning.

So I think I mentioned that I don't sleep. Well, that's true. But sometimes I... fade. Especially when I'm feeling lousy, or things get too... weird, or reality forgets about me, or whatever. And every time, I wake up in my old house, in the room where I died. Like an echo of the first time. I guess that's what haunting means. Sometimes I lose time that way. It scares the hell out of me.

So what that means is, today, i get to put on one of the outfits I keep at the house -- nothing special, just jeans and a T-shirt and my old jacket and crapkicker boots -- and ride the bus to school. But first I'm treated to the Jess Picks Out an Outfit Show. Which is, um... nice. I don't know why she doesn't close her blinds when she changes, but I guess she figures there's only an abandoned house there to see it? But sometimes, I'd swear, she knows I'm there. Does she? That would actually be pretty cool. I don't know. I should say something. But she's so pretty, and rich, and I'm... dead.

Bus is terrible, school is school. I get there early, like usual, and run up to my secret room to make sure nothing has disappeared. Then i get my books and head to homeroom. I'm usually one of the first ones there, because I have nowhere else to be. I sit for a while, watching Jess, working up the courage to say something. Like, I could say that i liked the other outfit better, and she'd know that i know, but then she'd probably think I'm a creepy pervy peeper. And while I'm trying to think of something else to say, Nyx sits on her desk and starts flirting. Or maybe just talking, but with her that is flirting. I give up; Nyx is one billion times hotter and cooler than me.

Then Harriet starts talking to me. Harriet is okay. We sit next to each other at lunch, sometimes. She never seems to notice that i don't eat. I don't know why she's at Whitewillow; she's not dumb, and she seems pretty intense and not one of the brain-fried druggies or angry broken ones. But lately she's been super emotional; I catch her crying sometimes. Other days, she acts sick and dull, like she has the flu. I've been kind of worried. Then just now, out of the blue, she asks me if I think she looks fat.

"N-no," I say. She actually looks kind of puffy in the face, but you don't say that to someone. "You look fine."

"Then why did he say I looked fat?" she demands, with that little whining edge of hysteria in her voice. And then, like a creepy black pit opening in front of me, I know two things: one is that she's been fighting with her boyfriend -- I can feel the echoes of emotional damage on her like spectral scars. The other thing is that she's pregnant. I can just about taste it; new life. The opposite of death. Growing. Inside her.

"Why are you staring at me?" she demands.

"Nothing!" It comes out like a squeak. She doesn't know yet. I get up, hurriedly trying to get away from ticking emotional bomb, and back up, butt first, right into a squirming pile of Nyx and Sarah.

Oh. Wow.

I try to back away, but the rivet on my jacket is caught in something on the back of Nyx's neck; is that a bikini top? Whatever I do, it undoes the knot, and the top starts to fall off. And then I automatically try to retie it, or hold it up, or something, which is really stupid, because my hand meets Sarah's coming from the other direction, and we squeeze.

"Um. Sorry?"

Turning Nyx on: 2d6-1 6 Spending string on Nyx to make that a 7: Marking Xp.

quote:

Alex Phane, Ghost of the 90's

Alex Phane, ghost.

Look: meek, unnerving eyes
Origin: Confused death

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2

Moves:

Unresolved Trauma
Whenever you project the blame and trauma of your death onto your current situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, give two people the blamed condition.
On a 7-9, give up to two people the blamed condition, but for each, choose one:
*You gain the delusional condition,
*You can’t speak during this scene,
*You suffer one harm,
*You start re-enacting the scene of your death

Dissipate
You can walk through walls.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, you both get to ask a question of one another’s characters. This can be spoken by your character, or simply asked player-to-player. The other person must answer honestly and directly.

Darkest Self
You become invisible. No one can see you, feel you, or hear your voice. You can still affect inanimate objects, but this is your only avenue of communication. You escape your Darkest Self when someone acknowledges your presence, and demonstrates how much they want you around.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 10, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Oh, Sarah's flirting now? That's uh, different. I always liked Sarah's style, but there was always something...off about her. Still, Nyx seemed to like her fine, so it was probably nothing. I lifted my head, cautiously, and raised an eyebrow, the start of a (stupidly) nervous smile on my face.

"Oh, well poo poo, I mean that's..." I started, but then a wholebunchashit suddenly happened. Nyx flopped off the desk into Sarah's lap, and they started going at it. Like REALLY going at it. I mean, seriously, loving HELLO Nyx?! The smile was gone. Holy gently caress are you kidding me Sarah's hand?

And then Alex stumbled in, and Nyx's top. Great, Alex too? Seriously Alex?! You bitch after all the loving shows I gave you! Ugh, this was...this was too much bullshit Nyx. Too early for all this. I got like no sleep.

gently caress are you crying? Stop that, don't let her...

Yeah, she saw. Nyx caught my eye for just a moment, just as it was tearing up, great. I wiped it with the palm of my hand - luckily the arm warmer was going to catch the mascara running, but still. Head down. Mumble something. "...gonna...gonna go get that coffee before the teacher gets here." Stand up. Out of here.

The chair falling over behind me and crashing loudly to the floor didn't really register over my boots stomping. gently caress I'd have to explain this to her later. gently caress everyone was going to be laughing at me. gently caress me. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress!

So two things. First of all, going to activate Last One Picked. Letting Nyx see me cry and taking a string on her.

Then, Running Away.

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 8+1 = 9

Going to choose cause a big scene.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions:

After watching that shitshow go from start to finish, I stand up and walk over to help Alex up out of the tangle of bodies on the floor, throwing a nasty look Nyx and Sarah's way as I do. I spits out, "For gently caress sake, what is it with you? In the middle of goddamn class?" Then, I glance over at Alex and asks, "You ok?"

Coil Jealously around Alex: 2d6+2 8
Take a string on Alex and chooses: give you a Condition OR something you'll regret.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions

I feel myself pulled out of the tangle, watching Jess leave abruptly. Oh, crap! Was it something I did? I look up to see the hand helping me is Alister's. I've seen him watching me. He seems a little... well, he stares. But otherwise, he seems okay, for this school.

"Thanks," I say, tucking a strand of hair out of my face. My hair is crazy and has a mind of its own. "I'm fine." I look down: I'm still holding onto part of Nyx's bikini top. The rest of it is no longer on Nyx at all.

"Aaah!" I toss the strings to Alister.

I choose Say Something you regret

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 10, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions

First thing I noticed was a hand beginning to move under my bikini, and I wasn't going to pull away - I even pushed further into the hand, I wasn't gonna be the one to pull away from this, and I wanted to know how far Sarah was willing to go. A lot of people liked to play as brave, as shameless, but honestly, no one could walk it that well. I didn't know that something was pulling at me, at thinking about me - there was a reason Alister being so straight laced bother me, and it was all laid bare by the creeping hand of RUL - a fear that I'd one day start to hate this lifestyle, that'd I'd become boring, like my father, like every adult. I didn't want that - I wanted to run from that, it's part of why I partied so hard, so often.

The second thing I noticed was something getting caught on the tie to my top, my jacket falling away to let easy access to someone else's - not that I knew, I just looked up and grinned as I saw Alex - she wasn't normally that outgoing, but by the time I looked she was already leaning down to fix it with her hands so clearly she'd undid it too, one of my arms snaking up above my head to where she was, wrapping around the girl and squeezing at her butt, trying to work the pants off her, "Ya know you can just ask me, Aly. Or come party with me, goin' this friday, ain't gotta rip it o-." I glanced over to Jess, hoping I could pull her into this, get something going - only to catch her starting to cry. A hand went up and I started to Whisper, "Jess ba-." And then bang once again I fell, this time not because of my own stupidity, but because Jess threw me off her loving lap and onto the ground, the bottom half of my body dragging my upper half with it.

I crashed down to the floor, and the ties of the bikini top that Alex was - not that i knew - tying back on just snapped under the weight as she failed to release in time - the top fell to the ground and two of the strings were left in Alex's hands, rainbow color'd worthless bands now, "Ow, mother fuckin'." I didn't have time or stability to give a gently caress as that snapped, even if I did notice it, back of my head crashing right into the floor rather hard, "God fuckin' drat it." I cursed again as I pulled myself to sit up a little down there, hand moving to the back of my head, a few little bits of red liquid coming from it, but nothing too major, "Fuckin' bleeding jesus fuckin' ow." My usual tone was completely gone, as I looked over at Sarah and Alex, holding out a hand to each, a little wobbly - my jacket still open and barely resting on my arms at this point, "Little help'd be nice, darlings."

Turn on Alex: 2d6+2 7
Started Giving Self, got THROWN ON THE GROUND.

"And shut the gently caress up Alister, this fuckin' hurts you rear end in a top hat." It wasn't exactly a quality way to insult him, seeing as I was still on the ground, still bleeding from the back of my head,a and my voice wasn't exactly the most stable thing. But gently caress it felt good at least.

Shut Down Alister: 2d6-1 5
Marking XP

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 10, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Oh man, that's hilarious! Jess is such a crybaby, I'd compare RUL's assignment for me to taking candy but it'd be trite. Besides, she totally dropped Nyx! Way to dump your girlfriend. Alex jumps in on the action, and it's actually kinda creepy. She's dead. RUL told me as much, just matter-of-fact as you like about it. Oh man, Nyx would be stoked if I told her that there were literally dead people getting in line for her. Too bad I don't really care about making her day - besides, I'll make Alex squirm later when she finds out I know. Sucks for her - wonder if a devil offered her a deal, and she was too chicken-poo poo to take it like I did? Regardless, she's still here somehow. What a lovely place to have to haunt.

I don't care that much when Nyx hits the ground, or when Alister starts yelling at us. Who cares - at all - what he thinks? He helps Alex up, leaving Nyx on the ground, sans top. I stare - might as well enjoy the free view, right? drat. Looking forward to Friday already. Lot of people are really lucky Nyx gives away what she does for free.

Nyx asks for help, and suddenly it's time for mischief. Everything's lined up perfectly, too. "Yeah sure." I say, leaning down to help her back into my lap. I grab both her elbows, not letting Alex jump in - not letting the dead girl upset this. Hauling her back up, I'm doing my best to feign difficulty doing it on my own. I mean, with me holding her like this, she can't really cover herself up, right? Guess the class - and I - get to keep enjoying the show?

Before I release my grip, sitting her down in my lap exposed to basically the entire room, I give Alister a big ole smile. "Dude, you're complaining about this?" I look down at Nyx - more specifically, her exposed top-half - then back to my target. "What are you, gay?" Gotta admit, I'm tempted to bounce her up and down on my lap a time or two, bet some people's eyes would pop out of their heads.

Shut down Alister: 2d6 8
Giving Alister the ridiculously hypocritical condition Gay.

Sarah's not actually homophobic; she's mostly criticizing Alister's taste. Sorry for using Gay as a condition anyways, but I felt it fit since that's what she called him. If you'd prefer, switch it to Bad Taste.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 11, 2015

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Hot 0, Cold 0, Volatile 1, Forgiveness: 0, Trespass: 0
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: none

I begin every morning at this place with a prayer. They used to be directly to God, but now they are nothing more than a ritual, a form of meditation to clear my mind before the trials ahead. Maybe He hears them, but if so, He has certainly never shown it. Not like I care anymore anyway. There are more important things on my mind, like what to do about Franklin. That shithead is already pulling the hair of the kid in front of him, Sam, and calling him a fag. Sam has long hair, and he's actually being quiet instead of paying attention to the (frankly amusing) show the ladies in the class are putting on. Of course, Franklin would be doing this to him even without those excuses, because I've seen his heart… and also caught him making out with Peter in the locker room a while back. He knows I saw him, but he thinks I won't tell anyone or do anything about it.

I slide gracefully out of my chair and wind my way up the chaotic aisles to where Franklin is trying to get his buddies to join in on the bullying.

I grab the son of a bitch by his collar and pull him up out of his seat with one hard yank. I lock eyes with him, attempting to channel my potent but distant memories of the terrific awe my gaze used to inflict.

"No more," I command. "He's suffered enough, and so have you… unless you continue this path."

I keep my expression calm and steady as I let that threat hang in the air. It wasn't loud, but my voice has a way of carrying.

Rolling to shut Franklin down.
<Klingon> !roll 2d6
<Krysmbot> Klingon, 11 = 11

I choose to gain a string on him.

Orbs fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 11, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

Another morning, another day closer to whatever. When I get to class I usually just sit back, put my headphones in and let Hugo do a couple of sweeps of the building. Give him a chance to stretch his wings. I can take stock of my class myself.

Yep, just another morning. Nathan is setting Franklin straight (ha ha) in his usual subtle way, like he's high school Batman or something. I'll...let him get on with that. Odd that Colin hasn't got involved, 'fag' is practically the only word in his vocabulary...but he's sleeping at his desk. I let that little impulse of curiosity spread through my head and now there's a weight on my right shoulder, claws digging into my collarbone...

Hugo. I let the thought sit at the front of my mind. I don't even have to look to know he's turning his feathery head. Why's Colin so tired anyway?

the runt? his brothers have given sanctuary to a wanted lawbreaker in their dwelling. Colin fears the man, and he fears the law, so he has been staying on the streets these past three nights. his brothers do not care.

That's...actually kinda sad. I'll have to be nice to Colin if we ever talk for god knows what reason. I sink back into my chair and turn the volume up on my phone and -

you are determined to ignore this spectacle?

drat it. Yes, Hugo, I was. Nyx's complete lack of shame was funny the first time, now it's just embarrassing. She's ended up stretched out across Sarah and Jess and what the gently caress is Sarah doing that's actually kinda hot and Alister is watching like a creep and now Alex (?!) is involved and Jess is running off -

see how the princess demands attention. how she wilts when it is denied to her. you gave her that attention once, but it would never have been enough.

Way to twist the knife, stupid bird. You think I should follow her?

Hugo is hopping to and forth on my desk. He doesn't answer. gently caress it. I don't understand Jess, and this might be my best opportunity to find out what her deal is. I shoot Sarah a quick text:

quote:

smooth moves :P tell me about it at lunch?
Then I look straight at Hugo, tuning everything else out. Got to phrase this carefully. Hugo. Where is Jess headed? How can I get her to open up to me? Hopefully it's just the bathroom, we've only got a few minutes.

Gaze into the abyss
(10:14:06 AM) Gato: !r 2d6+2
(10:14:07 AM) Krysmbot: Gato, 5+2 = 7

Lucid and detailed please, taking the condition Drained. Marking exp for rolling Dark. In case anybody's wondering, Hugo and Anna usually communicate telepathically, but she slips into actual talking if she's stressed.

Gato fucked around with this message at 10:48 on May 10, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm pulled up from the floor, not by both of the cuties who were all over me, but just by Sarah. She's not got the best technique honestly, it's a bit wasteful, and I can't cover my- oh hey, my tops on the floor and seems to be ruined, fuckin' great. I look down and yep, she's pulling my jacket free too. In fact, it basically falls off of me as I'm pulled up, pulled down on my arms until it's barely on my body at all, and it certainly doesn't cover my toplessness. I end up pulled up into Sarah's lap, my chest bouncing around a bit as I was pulled up, ugh gently caress I wear those tops for a reason it's really uncomfortable having literally nothing when you're this large. Still I can't blame Sarah, and I move in to give her another kiss as I'm pulled into her lap, "Thanks, Sare-bear." I murmur it as I do so.

gently caress I can already feel eyes on me, even I don't normally go this far unless I'm doing some out of the world drugs - literally, it's only when I'm on fae realm poo poo. So I also murmur a soft, "I should go get a shirt. And some ice." to Sarah, pulling myself off of her. I can feel the yes of everyone on class following me, and I have to stand before I can adjust my jacket - making my way to the doorway rather quickly, giving a good view to everyone, not that most of them hadn't already seen a bit today. Fuckin' head hurt I turned and stopped at the door, jacket not even bothered to be zipped only making it worse, turning to Anna and Nathan, the only two who I hadn't seemed to already turn into puddy, "When the teacher gets back, tell 'em... eh gently caress it he won't care anyways. I'm gettin ice. Maybe a shirt, who fuckin' knows. Rest of you stay calm while I do it."

I could have chased Jess now, I had reason to, but gently caress I was pissed, not that she ran out on me, not that she got upset - that was clearly my fuckin' bad, I should've kissed her first thing, I know how she gets when I don't give her enough affection. But gently caress my head hurt and red did not go well with bright blue and purple, let me tell you. And she didn't even seem to care, even if she heard my head hittin' loving tile with concrete under it. loving bitch if I saw her right now I'd slap her, and I knew I didn't want that, she's fuckin' stupid but she's still my main girl.

They never fuckin' had bras here my size, and I always got stuck goin' through the day squished to gently caress and sore as hell. gently caress I should just bring some of my own, you'd think they'd have just one or two, it's not like I'm the only person with a big chest goin' on. Probably the whitest but gently caress, that's probably why they don't have them, fuckin' pricks probably intentionally only stocking little white girl bras.

I was getting myself more pissed off just thinking.

Turn On Nathan: 2d6+2 13

Turn On Anna: 2d6+2 7

Chose the two I hadn't rolled to do that to yet.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 10, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Max: She sneers as you falter, and goes further this time, not just with the usual insults, but a capital-T Threat. "I promise, I'm going to do to you what you did to me. I'm going to wait until you find someone you love, until you're happier than you've ever been, and I'm going to ruin your life. Then we'll be even." There's a commotion in class, and Jess runs out, crying. Do you follow her, or see what the hell's going on inside?

Jess: You can feel everyone watching you as you flee, but nobody stops you; not the arguing students in the corridor, not the people lingering outside the main building, none of the teachers. When you get to the park, it's quiet, and empty. Why did you choose here? What do you do while you're here?

Anna: You can see where Jess is headed, both literally - down the winding trail behind school, to that old park; and metaphorically - straight off a cliff, down a yawning abyss, where the sunlight never reaches. She needs a lifeline, a friend more than anything else; she's certainly not going to save herself on her own, but... is it worth it? Or will she drag you down, too, down a path you can't come back from?

Nathan: Franklin's big, but he's taken by surprise as you grab him, and his immediate, vulgar response is cut off as he recognizes what kind of threat you're making. He just falls silent, but you can see very clearly the desire for vengeance in his eyes, that he doesn't think this is over; that it can't be over like this, not if he wants to keep the reputation he has. Some of his friends, not knowing why he's backing down, start to rise out of their seats to challenge you, but then...

Class in general: The class erupts in hooting laughter, catcalls and/or jeers at Nyx's predicament, and it's enough to give a chance to defuse any tensions that were going on already. The teacher's late, again, giving people a chance to slip out of class if they want.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5. Conditions:

Ggck... Of course. I took a deep breath, trying to think- trying to figure out what the hell to say, how to respond... This is just like me, I suppose. I had to stop, and falter, and listen to this bullshit, to this crazy, horrible woman- but no. That's fine, that's fine... It doesn't matter. If she hurts me... that's fine. I don't care. She can't ruin my life anymore than I already have... Right.

And then Jess whirls down the hall, and I have something more important to deal with. Holy gently caress, she's crying- what the hell happened in there? My feet made the decision before I had time to think about it, and I was already running off on my way to Jess. She's fragile, but not a bad kid- Unlike a lot of the people here. She didn't deserve this poo poo... My shoes clacked on the tiles of the hallway, but I wasn't fast enough to catch up- at the very least, I did see where she was going. Straight out of the school , to the park. I'd miss class, but I 'missed' class half the time , and if I have bad attendance here, what are they going to do, send me to remedial school?

Don't worry about myself. Just worry about her. If I did that, if I just let myself take care of her, I wouldn't have to deal with my problems-at least, not for a while. I won't cry. I can't cry. I'l be fine, she can't even hurt me. If Jess sees me crying, I won't be able to help her... I can't cry, not right now. I can wait for later...

She'll be okay. I'll make sure of that.

I made sure there wasn't any police or similar around as I chased- wouldn't want to get dragged right back- but soon, I was there, and my voice rang out through the almost empty park, straight to Jess. "Wait! Stop, I'm here, stop! Hon...." One last burst of speed, and I tried to wrap my arms around her, if she'd let me... "What happened..?"

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

gently caress if I cared about anything right now, I walked through the halls with my jacket undone and didn't give a single goddamn care about it, oh it hid enough since it was now up and worn properly, but gently caress if I was gonna zip it up for no reason. Idiots could stare all they want, and they did, boys and girls both were eyeing me, lust and envy and disgust all mixing in the halls, but I didn't care. My hand absently raised to the back of my head, pulling down a little bit of still fresh blood from where I hit the floor. Nurse's first, then.

The 'Nurse' of the school had actually left some time in the last three years and never came back. Instead the office was basically a lovely self serve station - the safe for holding the meds kids needed was long since broken into, so if you needed that kind of thing you just carried it and hoped you didn't lose it or get it jacked. Usually a student or two could be found in here either getting high, slacking off, or making out with someoen else, but it was empty this time, luckily.

Before I even bothered to tend to my head though, I pulled my phone out of my skirt - a little pocket in the folds of it to hold poo poo like that for when I danced, came in handy. The big mirror in the nurse's office was completely marked over, so instead I just relied on taking pictures of myself, a half dozen. It took me a half second to find the entry in my phone labeled 'Mine', and as soon as I did I set up to start texting, ignoring the aching head wound, quickly typing a half dozen in less than a minute,

quote:

Hey bitch, next time you wanna tell me to dye my hair, just say it poo poo, didn't need that.
A picture of her still bleeding head wound was attached to this one.

quote:

Oh and you destroyed that top, always expected you to rip it off, not do it like that. Would prefer the first one, sounds sexier.
This one was just a picture of her torso, jacket still on and covering.

quote:

And you didn't even do anything with them, poo poo.
Same as the last, but without the jacket.

quote:

But seriously.
A picture of Nyx having a 'serious' expression.

quote:

What's wrong, Mine? You okay? You don't normally flip like that.
Nyx is pouting in this one, looking actually sad - but only a bit.

quote:

Text me back. Also bring me a bra if you come back to school, loving hurts not having one. xoxoxo mine <3
Another picture of the chest, closer in on them this time.

Turn On Jess: 2d6+2 13

That job handled I groaned, throwing my head back only for that to make me feel woozy, "Ugh, god drat ice." I stumbled up from the lovely torn up 'bed' that the office had that I'd sat on, and moved over to one of the drawers, these things somehow always refilled every night with little plastic bags. Not that I was complaining, moving to the freezer and pulling out an ice tray, emptying it into the little bag, and holding the ice to my head, settling back down next my jacket on the lovely not-bed, leaning back against the wall, using it to hold the ice there while I got on my phone and started playing on it, starting a bit of music and closing my eyes.

It didn't even seem like anyone was coming, so it wasn't like I needed to rush. Didn't have my headphones today but my phones speakers weren't too bad.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 11, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Drained

Deep breath. Always a bit weird when Hugo does that. More efficient than speech, I guess. I look up and get an eyeful of Nyx's bare chest. That's...I'm gonna have a hard time forgetting that. Hmm.

Nyx can have a figurative string on Anna

Ahem. Anyway. I push my chair back, letting Hugo hop back on my shoulder, and walk out of the classroom as casually as possible. Thankfully, Nyx and Jess would have gone in different directions -

what do you hope to gain from this pursuit? you saw how freely your princess gives her affections. she saw nothing in your...tryst. I thought you had been wise enough to concur.

The other half of my brain is catching up. Why am I chasing Jess? Hugo is right, of course. We just met up, and made out. Nothing more.

I want to know why, Hugo.

I want to know why she ended up crying this morning. I want to know why she always goes to that playground. I want to know why I ended up making out with a girl I barely knew. Why I found her so irritating when we had so much in common, and why we kept on talking despite that. And I want to know what the abyss was - and if I can keep her from falling.

curiosity without caution has brought many to ruin.

I know that, stupid bird.

I catch sight of Jess as we approach the park, but she's not alone, someone else is chasing her...Max? Hugo almost hisses. He really doesn't like Max, for some reason.

the deceiver. be on your guard.

I hang back, but not out of sight. I want Jess to see me, if she looks. Hugo, go find out what they're saying.

Edited to tone down Hugo's knowledge.

Gato fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 11, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Gay

After Nyx leaves, the class calms down enough for Sarah to actually hear me. So, I sneer and say, "Nah, I'm not gay, but like I said before, some people here actually have a little class. But I get it. You just wanted to remind everyone here that you can't keep it in your pants. Next time, though, why don't you leave someone like Alex out of it? I mean, she's one of the only people around that doesn't belong here."

poo poo, that came out wrong.

Giving Desperate for attention back to Sarah.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

gently caress! poo poo! gently caress! Piss! Balls! Keep your poo poo in Vanderwal, god-dammit!

I just heard my own boots clomping noisily down the hallway, out the door. Sidewalk, more sidewalk. That lovely gravel path and then finally, a moment of solitude.

"FUUUUUUUCK!!!!!" I shouted into the air. A couple crows got disturbed and fluttered off. Ugh, this poo poo was awful. Sobbing, finally, choking sobs now that the school was gone. You're ruining your mascara Jess, you idiot. Hands reached for forearms, covered by arm-warmers.

My wrists itched, that was a bad sign. I scratched. Not hard, but gently caress, it was hard to stop. "I am such a moron, I am so loving stupid..." I kept repeating, a mantra. A ritual.

...you want to know why the park? I mean, look at the loving place. It's rotten. It's broken. The cycle has ended for it. Here. It's a series of unmarked graves for unloved creatures. No one living bothered with this poo poo. That's why it was perfect here, for this loving purgatory my life had become. Just waiting to fall apart like everything else here. None of the people pretending their lives weren't actual loving hell. It was real, actual, it was visceral. I could disappear, here. Only a handful of people would even think to loving look here, and Nyx wasn't going to, not while she was sucking Sarah's tongue out of her throat.

Normally I'd pick one of the rusted swings that was still being held up by both chains and just, sit. Maybe swing a little bit. Write poetry (it was lovely, no one was ever going to see it but gently caress you it was therapeutic). Or just contemplate things. Be at peace. Occasionally, I'd bring Nyx, or Anna, or even maybe Max, I guess - I don't know, I think Max might come here herself - or when she was doing her thing and pretending or whatever. That poo poo was confusing. But just ignore everything outside. That's what I do here, that's what I wanted to do, anyway.

But, then there were arms around me. Strong, familiar. I looked up. Max. I sniffed. She pulled me in and hugged me. Okay - kind of new, but I guess, not really. I resisted it for a second and then, wrapped my arms around her waist. Crying. Shaking. All that poo poo. "Oh gently caress me Maxi, I hosed up." I managed out between sobs. "I know...gently caress I loving know how she is and I loving thought maybe I just..." sob. "...gently caress I don't know maybe I just loving thought I'd rate ahead of other people!" Christ that was a wail, you're a loving mess Jessamine. "...but that loving whore Sarah was examining her tonsils! The oval office!" It felt good to shout. Sorry Max's ears. "loving BITCH!" More sobbing.

Ok, I'm going to pause here, and just explain - look normally I wouldn't do this around people, ok. If anyone, anyone else showed up this wouldn't be happening. But Max - well, Max has been in my head. I mean, kind of. Her trick is, well it's weird, I don't know how it works. But when she's doing it she looks like me, she moves like me, she sounds like me. So it's like talking to myself, kind of? I don't know, it's hosed up. But...I guess I could be vulnerable around her? Maybe a little. Anyway, I got my gumption up. "She like, ignored me, Maxi! She doesn't do that, it wasn't ok." Ugh, this sucked. "I don't know, I didn't get any sleep, it was just too much. I had to leave." I let go, finally paying attention to the phone buzzing in my purse. "Uh, poo poo, one second." I checked my messages.

Oh...oh poo poo what an rear end in a top hat I am. Look at all those texts from Nyx. Her poor, beautiful head, you trainwreck! Her...hey her tits....uhm, okay...gently caress, Nyx, you are confusing...I blushed.

I texted back.

quote:

poo poo bae I am sorry about your skull. I'll clean it up real pretty later, promise.

quote:

Just, don't ignore me, ok? I don't mind your playing but I don't want to be left out.

quote:

You know I don't like being ditched. You know how it makes me feel.

quote:

I'll bring you a good one back. No promises it's going to cover everything ;)

By the time I was done, the crying jag had calmed itself. I looked up at Max and smiled. "poo poo, I probably look like a loving trainwreck, don't I?" I gestured at my eyes. "How much is salvageable? Do I need like, a real mirror or can you help me out?" I paused, then shrugged. "I'm going to have to get one of Nyx's tops from my place anyway...." Another pause, I re-oriented on Max, and exhaled, slowly. "Hey, thanks. I didn't think anybody was following me. You uh, weren't in class, were you? I would've said hi, sorry if I missed you. poo poo, I loving didn't mean to." Apologize, apologize. "Hey, you, uh, wouldn't want to walk to Vern's place and back with me would you? Need to get something for Nyx."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Desperate for Attention

I watch Nyx jiggle off with mild amusement and moderate horniness. That girl is stacked, she was absolutely down for more, and best part - getting with her would just obliterate Jess from what I can tell. Two sins, one stone.

If that'd been the end of things, before-school would've basically gone perfectly. But Max leaves - no big deal - and then Anna. Anna's actually loving cool, she's probably the only person at the school that I'd try and talk RUL out of loving over. Super deep, has a cool pet... she actually reminds me of Jennifer a little bit. The, uh, the girl whose party Jake and I were coming back from That Night. I'm not entirely sure that's a coincidence. Is she chasing Jess? Or Nyx? Checking my phone, I see that she texted me. Glad she appreciated my shenanigans. Alister starts to say something, which I kinda half pay attention to while tapping out a response.

txt to Anna posted:

Was it cold in here, or was it just Nyx? Sure thing >:-)

Hitting the button on the side of my phone (of course I have a nice one, thanks RUL) to lock the screen just as Alister's done dressing me down, I stand up from the double-desk arrangement, pretty much in agreement with his assessment of both me and the situation. "Yeah man, you've loving nailed it." Grabbing my school notebook, I look towards the door to make sure the teacher's not there, then back to him while I start towards the door. "Guess I'll not disrupt your education dude - after all, you're such a loving model student, right?" The grin gets bigger. "That's why you're here?"

"He is not a freak!" Alex snaps, but I'm already gone. Guess she likes him? Poor, little, confused, dead - that's Alex.

Laughing at my own cruelty, I stride on out the door, looking to follow Nyx. Unfortunately, it's not like... immediately obvious. There's a lot of commotion coming down one hallway, but it's probably just a fight or something. Ugh, not loving this up now. Yo Rul, I know you like to watch, feel like giving me a freebie? Where's Nyx bounced off to?

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+1 8
Scary and confusing, as befits RUL. Marking XP.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 11, 2015

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions

"What are you, gay?"

I've still got blood pounding in my ears from ten second of contact with Lilliana; I've been on trips that were less intoxicating than her hand down my pants. So when I hear the voice, I'm not even sure who's speaking. it cuts across me like Janey weeping an echo of while I hold her the past. They said so many things. The girls were worse than the boys. All I can hear is voices twenty years gone. My hair stirs with the wind of a bullet's passing. I guess it sounds stupid now, but I didn't see any reason to go on living after...

Projecting the blame on Sarah: 2d6+2 9 Sarah gains the Blamed condition and Alex takes 1 Harm. Marking xp.

"He is not a freak!" I snap, turning to... Sarah's retreating back? And Alister is looking at me. And that's not what she even said. The last few moments of conversation crashes back onto me, but it's... fuzzy. The past is a closer place than the present, just now. And my head hurts. And Alister said...

"What do you mean I don't belong here?" I ask him nervously. I don't, but how does he know? Can he tell what I am? I'm sure he can tell. My head hurts. I reach back, touching the back of my exit wound head, and my hand comes away bloody. I stare at the blood on my fingertips, not understanding. I show Alister the blood. "I'm sorry," I tell him, my voice sounding sleepy. "I think you were right. I need to... go." I push away from my desk, reeling for the door.

Hold Steady: 2d6+1 6 Cool can be considered to be lost. Alex is leaving the room, with the vague intention of pursuing Jess or Nyx, but she's kind of hosed up right now so who knows.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 11, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I grinned as my phone started to beep and I got some messages, looks like I wouldn't need to go into the officer after all, Mine was gonna be bringing me a top, poo poo I didn't even want to know which one it was. Probably that stringy one she liked so much, knowing her, gently caress that thing gave like even less support than the bikini, but whatever, it'd make her happy and that'd be great. Fuckin' a, was this love? No that's loving dumb, but suffering to get your main girl some happiness ain't that bad. I laid back at that on the lovely little bed, jacket bundled up as a makeshift pillow.

Still, I couldn't just leave it at that, fingers dancing along the keyboard to type a message in a few seconds.,

quote:

What I don't get any pics? You already get a new girl to replace me? :( :( :(

Then a moment later I flipped my phone back onto its side, sending another one,

quote:

If you have tell me whereI'm all wound up and would be down for a threesome if you're in it, promise to focus on you though babe <3

I turned my music up a little louder, then stuck it under my jacket to mute it a bit, wrapping bits of the jacket over my ears - makeshift lovely headphones, at least making it a bit louder for me. I wasn't gonna go back to class til' Jess got back, and who loving knows when she'd be back. I just closed my eyes and let the feelings wash over me - I was a little hungry, so lets see who had the tastiest looking feelings to shave off. Specifically good feelings - lets see whose the happiest or most turned on or whatever. Maybe someone from last nights party came off their mind with last night's fair still. What can I say, I liked the rarer taste, suffering was just too common in here.

Gaze Into The Abyss: 2d6+1 7
Gimme some intense confusing and alarming visions of who is happiest in the building.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 11, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I open my mouth to try and explain myself, but the blood catches me off guard. She's bleeding? When did that happen? She was fine when I helped her up. Before I can say anything, Alex bolts out of the room.

I... think I should chase after her. Probably. But... gently caress. That was really freaky. I need to think this over.

I glance over at Nathan for a second to make sure that he's not going to take on the whole gang by himself. Although, if anyone would win with those kind of odds, it WOULD be Nathan. But no, it looks like things are lightening up a bit. I catch Nathan's eye and give him a "Women! Am I right?" shrug before settling back into my desk to figure out what the hell just happened.

Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6+2 11
Clear visions that tell me what to do

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5. Conditions:

I sat down next to Jess, lifting the edge of her tank top up to wipe away Jess' tears, while holding her tight with the other arm... "It'll be okay. It'll be okay, hon... I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it. You know how she is- she's excitable, she's free. It doesn't mean she doesn't love you." Normally, I would think that was a total piece of poo poo- people don't normally just sleep around like that, but.. For Nyx? It was honestly probably true. From what I'd seen, the two liked each other more than air, and Nyx didn't make a big deal out of love- kisses, groping, sex- it just seemed to be whatever. So... For once, I thought it was true. "She loves you. She's not a dick like some of the people around here- she really, really cares. If she meant to hurt you, do you really think she would have done it like that anyways? I mean, come on. At worst she just wasn't thinking!" It must be nice to have... someone like that. I wish I could. Maybe one day.

I pressed my hands against the ground for a moment, then stood, offering a hand to Jess. "Come on, hon." Let's smile, don't want her to be scared- though judging by whatever's on her phone, she's calming down already. Aah... "Let's get you changed and cleaned up back at your place ,alright? I don't mind walking with you- gently caress, Vern's seen me before, and it's not like I've got anything to creep on, right? " Yep. Definitely calmed already- Nyx's flirtiness saves the day again. "Hell, I can come back to school for ya if you want. I'll cover your butt and you can just relax. Or we can both come back at once-" It's not like the teacher hadn't seen me as a twin before- "After all, isn't two better than one?" A grin crossed my face, and I'd like to imagine my eyes flashed like the sun behind me... But that's just some crazy stuff, I'm not /that/ cool.

(Rolled an Unintentional Turn On in chat, Got a 9. For you, Jess!)

Nea fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 11, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

For a second, the offer was tempting - just sack out, let Maxi do her best Jess impression, get through the rest of the school day. She had done it before, after all. Sometimes I felt like she even did it better than I did.

Max can have a string on Jess

But my phone buzzed again, and I read the two messages. A devious little smirk on my face. I took Max's hand and stood up. "I can't have you be me for the rest of the school day - I have to make up with her on my own, y'know. But, maybe you can help me out with something. gently caress, two things. First of all, meet me at my place later? I'm going to be bringing Nyx by. You should probably be dressed in something of mine, I want to give her a treat." I giggled. Yeah, this could work really well. "Secondly, uhm, let me just do something really quick." That was all the warning I gave before I pulled my shirt off over my head and handed it to Max. "Gotta stir a fire." I winked at her - but I'm sure it was friendly, after all I seriously didn't have anything Max hadn't seen before. And luckily there wasn't anyone else around to see.

Rolling to Turn on Max

<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 9+2 = 11

Pulling my phone back up, I covered my chest with one arm and adopted a wounded expression, taking a picture of that, pouting with my hip cocked to one side. First, a text to Nyx.

quote:

Let me plan everything for you baby. Come to my house after school? Uncle Jerk's working late. I could use a hug.

Then I followed it up with the snap, and a <3.

Also rolling to turn on Nyx

<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 8+2 = 10

That done, I put my phone back in my purse. "Ready to go Maxi?" I said, lifting it up, then pausing. "Oops....I uh, think I'll need that back." I point to the crumpled t-shirt in her hands.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 14, 2015

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Hot 0, Cold 0, Volatile 1, Forgiveness: 0, Trespass: 0
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 0/5 | Conditions: none

Not even my righteous mission could distract me from Nyx's appearance. It is a shame that she uses her beauty for such trivial bullshit, and maybe even uses it to hurt people, but there is nothing wrong with appreciating the human form. They were made in God's image, after all.

As I am reminded of the lord, I catch Alister's glance. Odd. I want to go speak to him, but I know that, given my recent display, that might make his predicament worse. Instead, I will send him a text message. I go back to my desk for now, keeping a hard eye on Franklin's buddies along the way, then pull out my phone.

quote:

Are you going to go talk to Alex? Or do you want me to?

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions:

Despite my intention to stand tall, I find myself shrinking behind a pair of bins while Hugo relates the conversation to me.

the deceiver is consoling the princess. I infer that it is not the first time it has done so, nor the first time they have met in this location.

That...stings. Huh. It really shouldn't. None of this is a surprise. So why am I clenching my fists?

the princess is exposing herself-

Wait what. I raise my head and see Jess taking an all-but-topless selfie, pouting at her phone. Max is holding her t-shirt.

this is a snare of the harlot's design. I urge you to leave it well alone.

He means Nyx. loving sexy Nyx. How the hell does she do it? She's pushed desperate so far it's come out the other side and now everyone else is falling over her instead of the other way around-

Breathe. Hugo, what are they planning? An open ended question, the kind he loves.

the princess has invited the harlot to her dwelling. these two have agreed to wear the same clothes, in order that-

gently caress it, I'm not sitting around to listen to their plans for a threesome. This whole thing was clearly just some extended, hosed up foreplay, and Hugo was right and I was an idiot for following in the first place. I take out my phone, out of habit, and see Sarah's text. Hmm. I reply:

quote:

looks like Max wants in on the Nyx action, knew you left somebody out ;) what's her deal anyway?
Then one to Jess, because I'm feeling masochistic. I try to ignore the fact that the last texts on screen are us arranging to meet up here before.

quote:

hey you ok?
Then one more. I ask Hugo for Max's number, and he gives it to me. Hopefully she won't recognise my number. I text her:

quote:

yo i saw Susan heading down behind the school so youre clear to come back to class
I stand up and get ready to go back. I need to clear my head of this mess. But I don't. I lean against a folorn-looking tree and wait to see what happens.

Edited to tone down Hugo's knowledge. Max can have xp from Misdirection if she attributes the text to somebody else.

Gato fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 11, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5. Conditions:

I rolled my eyes a bit as Jess' phone buzzed- Nyx cared, but she hadn't even come out here... Ah well, it's just... how she is, I suppose. ... But that was worrying. "I have to make up with her." As if it was her fault.. Jess shouldn't think like that. If Nyx does something, she's not the one who has to apologize. Not in the least. God, this school was a bit hosed up. ... I'd have to let it play out. I can't really judge Nyx from a week or two of knowing her, I suppose. And it really did look like she liked Jess, but... Sarah liked Janice, too. I'm overthinking this, this is too early, Iust need to let myself calm down and help Jess back to her place and-

And then there was a shirt in my face. I have to admit, I flailed a little to get it in my hands proper, and then... sort of stared at Jess a while. Look, I know, I've seen it before, but that still doesn't make her not attractive- I Mean... It's almost better because I know I /can/ be like that, you know? She's... drat, she's nice. ... I looked away far too late, staring intently at a dilapidated swingset, watching my own reflection in it- or at least, what I could see through the rust and the grime... Mmn.

I heard the snap of Jess' camera going off- really, this was what that was about? God, Jess... Is this really the time? BLah...

"Ready to go Maxi? Oops, ah, I'll need that back..." Oh. Right. Shirt. I tossed it back to Jess, and then nodded, smiling ever so slightly- at least I wouldn't have to be in class right now, eh? "Yeah, yeah, let's go. Ah, I dunno about later, we'll see when it happens... Mmn." I can't say it wasn't fun with her and Nyx, but... I dunno. I'm overthinking that too... "I'll think about it, hon." And off we go...

Oh, my phone. I quickly pulled it out and shot a text back. Dunno this number, but it's got bad spelling and knows about my poo poo, so... Alister, maybe? Best I got, honestly.

quote:

Thanks for the warning. I'll be out for a bit longer, anyways.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I rolled my eyes as I shoved my arms and head back through the tee-shirt and adjusted everything back into it properly, then smiled over at Max as we headed out. "Come on Maxi, it'll be no fuckin' different than you spending a week as me. Which you did, if I need to remind you." Another text. But from Anna this time? Huh, well, I guess she saw my freak out. Can't be that surprised. The girl was nice but she was...weird. A little creepy. Probably why we never got anywhere beyond making out. Still, I smiled - nice to feel wanted, even if it wasn't a big thing.

Quick text back to her.

quote:

Yeah, I'm fine. Real case of the Mondays I guess :( :( Thx 4 asking.

Dropping my phone back in my purse, I continued. "I mean, I know being around Nyx can be...intense. Trust me, I mean, loving exhibit A, right?" I say, gesturing to myself. "But, I mean, we're friends, right? I know it's probably going to be a little weird but, I mean, I want to surprise her. I wanna show her, I mean, make sure she knows....gently caress..." I sigh. "I just need her to stay with me, that's all. poo poo, you've been me, Maxi, I don't know how your head works when you're pretending but you gotta admit, I don't have a lot else going for me other than an rear end in a top hat father who'd rather buy me a bunch of pointless poo poo than be around, right?" Pausing between an active storefront and a closed down one, I spun on my heels and faced the taller girl, hands in a praying pose, eyes wide. "Pleeeease...come have some fun with me and Nyx tonight? For me?" I wiggled my hips a little bit, for Max's benefit. "I promise you'll enjoy yourself. Give you my word. And besides, you like spending time as me, consider it a...learning opportunity, right?"

I'll spend a string to offer an Xp to Max if she'll agree to come, uhm, spend some time with Jess and Nyx in Jess' clothes after school.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 14, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Drained

I can tell Hugo's smirking (yes, birds can smirk) when I get Max's text back. an exemplary failure. do not rely on your enemy making the choice you wish them to make. the better stratagem is that which leaves you the victor regardless of their actions.

I shake him off my shoulder. He disappears up into the tree.

Max has handed the shirt back to Jess, but she's still topless. I take a picture of my own. There's not much detail at this distance, but Jess's hair is unmistakeable, as is her bare chest. Hugo clucks approvingly from somewhere above me.

gently caress. Why the gently caress am I even out here, taking pictures of Jess like some god drat perverted stalker? This is ridiculous. I just want to put my head on Sarah's shoulder and bitch about everything. I turn to head back into the building. Then I get a text from Jess.

Oh gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you Jess. At least Nyx has the decency to own her own loving sluttiness. Jess is just wearing out that loving depression card getting everyone falling over her. gently caress. I tap out my reply with as much composure as I can manage:

quote:

I know what you mean :( hope your day gets better ;)

I attach the picture and send it.

Shut Down Jess
(8:49:44 PM) Gato: !r 2d6+1
(8:49:45 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 8+1 = 9

that was foolish.

I know. Stupid loving bird. Stupid loving me.

you have wasted your leverage. whatever trust you might have had, you will have lost. she may be weak, but she is still more than capable of hurting you.

Like she hasn't already.

You'll just have to keep an eye on her, won't you?

**Giving Jess the condition Shadowed. She can give one back.**

I sit down in one of the empty classrooms near the back door. Deep breath. I ask Hugo for Susan's number.

quote:

yo max is hiding in tht creepy playground behind the school with some grl

Manipulate Susan
(9:03:29 PM) Gato: !r 2d6-1
(9:03:31 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 7-1 = 6

Let's hope she buys it.

Marking exp for rolling Cold Edited for formatting.

Gato fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 11, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Sarah: Nothing's ever a freebie with RUL, He'll take his pound of flesh as payment, sooner or later, but for now he obliges, and as your vision clouds over, you see Nyx, bloodied and bandaged and in obvious bliss, not a care in the world; not a care for anyone but herself. The world's laid out before her, ready for her to do with as she pleases, and only you stand in her way... Now, where would someone be 'bloodied and bandaged'? What do you do?

Nyx: It's always tricky, when someone born to the Winter Court tries to feel out the happiness of others. It starts from the wrong side, finding the people who are the most unhappy, and eliminating them one at a time, until you're left with the person who's the least happy. In a place like this, there's a lot of unhappiness; whether from people who are jealous, or scared, or furious; victims of abuse or desperate addicts, those who loathe themselves... Finally, you center on the least unhappy person in this school - aside from yourself - and it seems to be Sarah! Does that surprise you, or not? What do you do?

Alex: You run, and as you get out of the classroom, and turn a corner, you run through the floor, through a few literally breathless moments, and then out of a wall a floor down, into a cubicle in the smoke-stenched girl's bathroom - hitting the closed stall door with a solid THUD. You also seem to have left something behind in your spectral journey, what was it? As you collect your thoughts, someone nervously says "...Hello? Who's there?" What do you do?

Alister: You hear 'Heart Shaped Box' playing, as you concentrate, and a young girl murmuring along to the lyrics, and then BANG, a gunshot, right by your ear! When your ears stop ringing, you hear that same murmuring girl whimper - "Janey? Why...?" That name sounds familiar, for some reason. Like you've heard it, or seen it before in this school.

Anna: "U got beef with that bitch 2?" is the reply text. "Wht she do 2 u?" Susan takes a string on you, you've shown that you'll give her what she wants without a price or a fight

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 11, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5. Conditions:

Unfortunately, the puppy dog tactic is one of my many weaknesses. I really didn't want to get involved in their relationship drama at the moment... but she needs it, or at the very least wants it, and she's right that it probably will be a little fun, right...? I mean, Nyx is... nothing if not skilled. Damnit, damnit. I could already tell I wasn't going to be able to hold out on this. Sooner or later, I was going to give, and say yes, and then she would be happy, and probably give me a hug, and I would walk back to her place the rest of the way, help her get her clothes, go back, think about this the rest of the day and probably regret it a little, and then who the hell knows what's going to happen when it's actually time...

I sighed, rolled my eyes, and nodded. "Well, I mean. I /guess/ I could. If it really means thaaat much to you." That was fast.

I reached down for Jess' hand, squeezed it softly in mine, and smiled ever so slightly, looking up into her eyes. ... What am I doing? No, no, no... stop, I can't, no...

I dropped her hand, blinked, and turned away for a moment, looking off intently at a wall, so I could pretend that that never ever happened because god it made me feel weird and my heart was pumping and it felt wrong because I'm wrong and I shouldn't-

Breath. Deep breath.

I'm sure she didn't even notice.

"Y... yeah. LEt's just get to your place, alright? And hurry along that 'learning opportunity..." That's perfectly fine.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: Shadowed

I give Max a small smile, a sincere one, and squeeze her hand back. Sensing her embarrassment at the whole thing, I let it drop, with a "Totes", and then after a moment. "C'mon, I don't give a poo poo about the schoolday or anything, but I probably shouldn't be truant like, loving all the time." A chuckle. Man, things can get better, at least. Never want to forget that again.

My phone buzzes.

Oh, Anna again, what did she...

"Oh that bitch..." I laugh, well, chuckle. I glance at Max and shake my head. I'd explain in a second. But first -

quote:

To Anna:
LMFAO!

quote:

To Anna:
Should've come in for a closer look, sweetheart. That's a lovely angle.

quote:

To Anna:
Last time u get that close to this. U stalk me again, or post that anywhere, my dad's lawyers will bury u. Fair warning.

quote:

To Anna:
<3

Anna can have the Condition "Stalker"

I close my phone and put it back in my bag. By way of explanation, I offer to Max. "Anna was apparently enjoying the show from off in the bushes. What a bitch, shouldn't have given her the time of day. Like, ever." I shake my head, laughing again. Whatever, guess I should be flattered. But that wasn't going to get me down. The rest of these loving delinquents could sit and spin, there were only like two, maybe three people in the whole loving school who ever even loving mattered. And Anna just fell right off that list.

With a tilt of my head, I keep leading Max to my place.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Combined with the image of blood on Alex's hand, the jumble of sounds and music is disturbing enough to make me go pale. Where the hell did that come from? And Janey... where'd he heard that name before? It was something that had happened a while ago, but..

I give him a tired half grin. It's way too early for this kinda bullshit, but what can I do? Just let my treasure slip away from me? Not likely.

quote:

Thanks for offering man, but I'm the one who put my foot in my mouth. I was just a little freaked out, and didn't wanna gently caress it up again.
Anyway, you look like you'll probably have your hands full playing bodyguard for a bit.

I pause for a moment before taking a shot in the dark. ...Yesh, I'm really having trouble with phrasing today.

quote:

So, out of curiosity, have you heard of some girl name Janey? I'm looking up something for a friend, and I know I saw something about her somewhere. I just can't remember it.

I flip my phone closed and give Nathan a nod for goodbye before ducking out of the room. I'm walking the halls for a bit before I realize I have no idea where Alex went. But, the Nurse's office is probably the best place to start.

Of course, Nyx is in there instead. Wonderful. She's zoned out, listening to music. Still pale from the scene before, a slight flush rises on my cheeks when I notice she isn't even wearing her jacket now. I lean against the wall and clear my throat to get her attention. She jerks in surprise and shifts to look at me.

A little embarrassed at walking in her like this, I turn my head to look at the wall instead and ask, "So, you doing ok? You and Alex took a nasty knock when you two fell." I look around, to make sure she's not here before adding, "Has she been by here? She stumbled outta class and seemed out of it." No need to tell her about the crazy murder thoughts, though.

Turn on nyx: 2d6-1 6
Spend a string for +1

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 11, 2015

• Locked thread