Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Honey Boo Boo matriarch Mama June Shannon is so angry about TLC’s handling of the revelation that 19 Kids and Counting’s Josh Duggar molested girls (including his sisters) as a teenager, that she’s threatening to sue the network, TMZ reports.

TLC quickly cancelled Here Comes Honey Boo Boo last year with a whole season of the show taped and in the tank after it was alleged that Shannon had entered in a relationship with Mark McDaniel, a convicted sex offender who allegedly molested Shannon’s own daughter, Anna Cardwell. She tells TMZ she’s out “hundreds of thousands of dollars” now that the show is over.

So far, the network has stayed quiet in regards to 19 Kids and Counting, documenting the lives of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and their children. Their oldest, Josh Duggar, was revealed in a story by inTouch Weekly yesterday to have been accused as a teenager of molesting multiple underage girls—including his own sisters. As US Weekly noticed, TLC actually aired a 19 Kids and Counting marathon last night.

"I read that the Duggar family said, this happening with their son brought them closer to God and each other. So they’re saying it’s ok to have family touch time? Hell no,” Mama June told TMZ.

Here’s an idea: How about no one on any TLC show ever has any family touch time?

Jumpingmanjim posted:

family touch time

She has a pet phrase for it :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

dog buttz posted:

Sanatorum said something about how if Bruce Jenner says he's a woman, he's a woman. No way they'd back that.

Ol' Frothy had to walk that one back already, probably after receiving a few phone calls.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Casimir Radon posted:

If you're that sexually confused at age 14 perhaps your parent's child rearing model is a little hosed up.

As has been said, the Duggars subscribe to "blanket training" for their children. Google that and try to hold back tears.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

Ah. So, jim bob and michelle can treat their kids like mini-parents for the younger children (a 100% proven and documented phenomenon) and they're treated like adults then. But if they molest their sibling, they're supposed to be treated like a kid until they're nearly 30 with four children, at which time they should be treated like an adult who did something as a kid and should be treated as such. But if the girls were to go out and meet a guy and want to have _consensual_ sex they're just a little innocent kid and can't make those decision. But when they're forgiving their brother for molesting them, they're acting like an adult.

I say, you're catching on.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

bitcoin bastard posted:

he said real media

You're right, somebody send it to TMZ

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, here's something I don't understand... if Josh did this when he was 15, then what the hell is this about :

Is 15 years old 'adulthood' now?

The report was filed several years too late.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bum Jab

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

BrigadierSensible posted:

Those two unmarried people are touching! Burn the fornicators!!!!

Seriously, I thought they weren't allowed to touch/hug/hold hands until marriage.

Just as serioulsy, he is a bald gay twink, and the poor girl marrying him must know that.

Notice that his left arm is tucked safely away behind him so that he can't touch her even accidentally. And as mentioned, the side hug is allowed with minimal torso contact and no skin touching, but they're not even doing that much in this photo. I wonder if that's the closest he's ever been to a girl that wasn't related to him.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Quiverfulls superior. Methodists inferior.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Buh posted:

A man is more likely to be gay for every male child his mother previously gave birth to.
So odds are pretty drat good on there being several little gay Duggars.

I've always wondered whether that's the genome's way of epigenetically saying to the mother "hey look, the population's gonna be fine, you really don't have to breed so much, here I'm just gonna put a bandaid on this craziness"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

univbee posted:

Probably a mix of truth and playing-things-up for news purposes. If he did really go all scary hulk I hope he didn't traumatize anyone. :ohdear: I also hope if he tried that poo poo with multiple people, at least one turned it around and took him down a peg.

I see what you did there. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

PassTheRemote posted:

Question, one of the daughters had a C-section. Can they do regular births after having a C-section? I feel that the one daughter might be royally hosed without medical advice the next time around.

Yeah, they call it a V-BAC. (As in, going back to the vagina although it doesn't stand for that.)

It's not terribly uncommon but a lot of OB doctors are hesitant to do it because there is a small risk during labor pushing of rupturing the uterine wall along the original suture, in which case your poo poo is hosed.

And if that happens at Duggarhome, the girl is going to die.

Edit: sorry, didn't realize this was a few pages ago. I'm sure others have said this by now.

• Locked thread