Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5 Conditions Nosy, snubbed

Shucks I almost blush a bit. No one's really been impressed by my work like that before. I hug her back and giggle in joy. "My my. Jus' a kerfuffle between Serena and sum bounty hunters by the lookit. 'Course I'm not sure. No one gives me a straight answer the first time I ask. It's really frustrating." I grin at James, hopefully he gets I'm agreein. After all its a bit of the truth.

Turn on Emmeline 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes



Hot 0 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5 Conditions: Sapphic, Projecting

I can't stop my heart from poundin' as Miss Abigail grabs my arm. We're alone here together an' she's touchin' me...My face is prolly redder 'n a tomato by now.

"I'm fine, 'sides from some scrapes. Miss Abigail..."

I don't know if I'm still wound up from all the action or if it's just bein' this close to her, but I grab Miss Abigail an' give her a right kiss on the lips. I know she won't like it, but darnit, I need ta do this!

TURN ON IS 4.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at Jul 14, 2015 around 21:46

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +1 Cold: +1 Volatile: +0 Dark: -1
Harm: 2/4, XP: 3/5, Conditions: Hiding Something, Terrified

Maple and James were talking in the street, but who cared? So long as they weren't shooting at me, that's all I cared about right now. When Catherine and then Garcia (and Jemma, I guess) showed up I couldn't help but show my relief, if only a little bit. I let Catherine prop me up on her shoulder with a huff. I was still mad, after all.

"Buncha fuckin' bounty hunters think they can come in here and ignore me. Mierda! Guess it was stupid of me to get involved." I wince, trying to put weight on the leg with the bullet in it. Finally, I actually answered Catherine's question. "That dumb perra muerta Pollyanna, she tried to play a hero and ended up sticking a slug in my thigh. Hurts a bit, had worse though." I pause. "Still, guess I ought to get somewhere to lay down and get the drat thing pulled out of me." I nod over to Garcia. "One of the three of those fuckers might still be alive...not the one I strangled or the one I shot, but Temple might not have been as lethal. If he's still breathing tie him up and bring him with us, I wanna know what they wanted the married perra for." Garcia does as he's told with a nod, and Jemma tries to help Catherine with keeping me upright; I wave her off. She wasn't one of the gang, so she wasn't worthy of being trusted, yet.

"C'mon, let's get you to the Saloon." Catherine suggests. I nod.

"The gently caress did Ramirez go? Fucker took the bullets out of my piece, probably to sanctify them or whatever stupid superstition he's got. I owe him a smack across the head." The others all shrug; hopefully he was just doing what he was supposed to, I guess. I'd find out later.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution



Hot +2. | Cold -1. | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Drained
Location: The Continental Hotel

When Emmeline drat near tackles me, I take the time and distraction offered to mouth "the banker's wife" to Maple.

"Yeah - just how she said it. I think I saw Miss Temple and Miss Crawford as well. I think they did the reasonable thing and fled the scene. Say - you suppose the actual sound of gunfire'll be enough to get the Sheriff and Doctor here? I'll admit, the prospect of sprinting through town to summon them in my best clothes doesn't appeal to me."

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Hot +1 Cold +0 Volatile +1 Dark -1 Integrity +0
Harm 1/4 XP 4/5 Conditions: Sapphic
Location: In a storage room

Miss Ortega is yelling my name at the top of her lungs in the middle of a city street, so I am perhaps not paying as much attention to Polly's well being as I should be when I take her pulse. As such, the kiss takes me completely by surprise.

It is wonderful.


"I..." I blurt, automatically. "What...?" This is all the speech I can manage.

Now, I have only one other kiss in my whole life to compare it to, and that came after the reverend said "You may now kiss the bride." That kiss, my first, hurt. It burned, like fingertips on a hot skillet. This is not a metaphor; I had raised welts for hours afterward. Through that contact I learned that my husband was not only loathsome and worldly, he was impure. I could taste the sickening evil within him; the sins his soul was steeped in. My gift makes me sensitive to such things, like an Irishman's skin makes him sensitive to the sun, but a hundred times worse. I knew in that moment that I would rather die than let him invade my person.

This is as far from that as it is possible to imagine.

I stare at Polly, who looks like she expects me to hit her. Instead I grab her shoulders and kiss her again. I have to make sure.

When I let her go, an approximate eternity later, my head is spinning, and I have learned one important thing; this is not evil. I can feel Polly's innocence in the same way that I could feel my husband's evil, and all I sense from her is confusion and trepidation and love. Whatever else it is, this has not made God turn his face from me.

"Oh, Polly." I let go of her shoulders. "We shouldn't," I say, regretfully. "Not now. But we should talk, later. I may have put you in terrible danger."

Then, before i can lose my nerve, I step past her and out the door, into the street. "Miss Ortega!" I call. "You wanted to say something to me?"

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Polly, You take a long, long moment to stir from your reverie, and Miss Temple is long gone by the time you snap out of it. But wow, right? What finally jolts you out of it is a saccharine *heh hem* from behind you. Miss Bella is standing there with an empty barrel over her shoulder and a wicked, wicked grin on her face. She puts the barrel down and says, "Well, I must say. The two of you were having quite a lot of fun by yourselves. I always wondered why we never met the Mr. Temple. I suppose this makes as much sense." Her smile turns crueler as she adds, "But, my, my, my. Prim and proper Miss Abigail having a secret sapphic lover. I wonder what the rest of the town would say..."

What do you do?

Serena, Jemma looks quite hurt as you wave her off to confer with your gang. She mills about for a moment and, head drooped, turns to go back to Miss Bella's.

Miss Temple is calling out to you from across the street, and Mr. Adam Worthy is peeking around the corner, debating what to do. He decides to go talk to James and Maple, as they look less intimidating than you and your gang.

Speaking of, who do you think the most deadly person on the street right now is? Aside from you and your gang, of course.

What do you do?

James and Maple, as Miss Maple flushes at the complements (and surely nothing else, right James?), Miss Emmeline responds in kind, cheeks going a deep scarlet. The embrace lasts until Mr. Adam Worthy storms up and says, "Now, why do I always find you mixed up in things right as they happen, Miss Maple? A more suspicious mind might think that you're organizing them just so you can have something to write about. In fact, I might be willing to have you locked up, just to see if things don't calm down a bit."

He's got big ol' Brady Walker standing behind him, not saying anything, but clearly siding with the Deputy Mayor.

What do you do?

Maple, what did Brady Walker do that you revealed to the public?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +1 Cold: +1 Volatile: +0 Dark: -1
Harm: 2/4, XP: 3/5, Conditions: Hiding Something, Terrified

"Hey, Jemma, hold on a second!" Oh Madre de Dios she's really going to go off and sulk like that?! I reached out and grabbed her wrist before she could take off. "Don't go anywhere, ok? This is just the messy part, is all." Christ it was like chaperoning infants, with all these people. "Trust me if I didn't want you around I'd say so, so stay with me, alright?" I give her a smile, pained though it was. Hopefully she'd take the hint and stick with us.

Rolling to Manipulate Jemma into not running off.

2d6+1: 10 [2d6=5, 4]

Stay! Good saloon girl!


Of course, it was at the point where I was tugging Jemma back over that Senora Temple finally got to. Garcia had just hoisted the unconscious Pinkerton over his shoulder and I sighed, and over-dramatically rolled my eyes before turning around. Abigail had at least dropped the one rear end in a top hat, but not sticking around left me pretty sore. "Si, Senora Temple, gracias for deigning to poke your head back out." I growled sarcastically as I turned around. "If it's not too much trouble, could you maybe explain to me why it is a bunch of bounty hunters were after you? You got something you wanna tell me before I interrogate this one and find out anyway?" I jerk my thumb towards the not-dead man. Thankfully, I could trust Garcia to make sure he didn't get up and run away. Besides me, the ugly bastard was probably the best at getting the job done out of the whole gang. Not that I'd ever tell him that. But anyway, Abigail running off had for sure made me a bit infuriated. "Or would you rather go back to running off with Miss Polly?" Seriously, who taught these girls firefight etiquette, anyway?

Gonna do some shutting down of Abigail, tagging her Sapphic nature for a +1

2d6+2: 10 [2d6=3, 5]

I'll give the condition 'Suspicious' to Abigail.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at Jul 14, 2015 around 23:34

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Hot +1 Cold +0 Volatile +1 Dark -1 Integrity +0
Harm 1/4 XP 4/5 Conditions: Sapphic, Suspicious
Location: In a storage room

I look from the Pinkerton, to Miss Ortega, to the sky, and sigh. Life would be so much easier if I could lie. And if she hadn't just saved my life. But in a way, this takes a weight off my shoulders; my choices are so limited as to be nonexistent, and I am forced to take the virtuous path of truth.

"My husband sent them," I say, stepping in closer so that not everyone can hear. "He wishes me to come home." I tuck the coach gun under my arm. "I want an annulment. It is an irreconcilable difference between us."

"Is that enough explanation?"

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at Jul 15, 2015 around 08:41

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +1 Cold: +1 Volatile: +0 Dark: -1
Harm: 2/4, XP: 3/5, Conditions: Hiding Something, Terrified

"Do you think you could maybe elaborate on that for me, por favore? Seeing as I might've just ended a couple of lawmen on your behalf, I figure I deserve the whole explanation, don't you?" I growled. "Especially considering your little girlfriend saw fit to plug me in the leg, yeah?"

Catherine nodded. "You'd do best to answer her Senora Temple." She said with a frown. "Generally not wise to disrespect the woman what saved your life." She shot me a look that basically said 'why did you save her life anyway?'. Wish I could tell you, Cat.

Still, I could tell she didn't want to talk about it out in the open, which I could respect. I nodded. "We're headed back to Miss Bella's to take a load off and pull the bullet outta my thigh, so why don't you come back with?" It sounded like a suggestion but it really wasn't. "You can tell me all about it there."

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Hot +1 Cold +0 Volatile +1 Dark -1 Integrity +0
Harm 1/4 XP 4/5 Conditions: Sapphic, Suspicious
Location: In a storage room

I gape at the bullet hole. She's... shot! And she's taking it so blithely. "That leg needs looking after," I say hurriedly. "I can help. I've had training."

At the offer to accompany her to a bordello, I grit my teeth and roll my eyes. But if our Lord could walk with lepers, I can suffer myself to pass the bounds of Bella's. "Very well. You need to get off that leg; you could open up an artery walking on a bullet wound. But there isn't much more of the story to tell."

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at Jul 15, 2015 around 08:41

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes



Hot 0 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5 Conditions: Sapphic, Projecting

"Aaaaah! No, Miss Bella, it ain't like that! That's the first time I ever kissed her! We ain't lovers or nothin'! Please don't tell no one!"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5 Conditions Nosy, snubbed

Oh scary scary. Seems some of my fans are here. "Aw sucks sir. I haven't tried to liven up the town since I done tar'd n' feather'd m'self," I lied. I wonder what ol' Brad is doing here. He hasn't been 'round me lately since I reported on the fallout of his gambling habits. He sold off his wife's best dresses. Like she wouldn't have found out without me. Since I made it mighty quick and dramatic. She sure was steamed to learn it with the whole town before any of the ladies had the poor sense to wear the dresses around town. I think it was the saloon girls if I recall. At least that would have been smartest, most women don't see much of them.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +1 Cold: +1 Volatile: +0 Dark: -1
Harm: 2/4, XP: 3/5, Conditions: Hiding Something, Terrified

"Save it for indoors." I suppose I'd probably take her up on the looking at it thing. I sure as poo poo didn't trust any of my other companions with it. Ramirez was generally the best at the doctoring thing and he hadn't turned up yet, so I'd take any help I could get.

Gonna bump things along if that's ok with you OK Shark. If not let me know and I'll edit stuff out.

The one advantage about cozying up with a Saloon girl is, well, private room when it was necessary. I couldn't really let Jemma not crowd me in her own lodgings though, but Garcia stood watch outside while Jemma fussed and Catherine held in a chuckle. I just rolled my eyes.

Cussing under my breath I kicked off my boots and sat on the edge of Jemma's bed. Then I nodded at Abigail. "Well, go ahead then, Senora Temple." With the talking, I meant, though like I said earlier I wasn't going to turn down medical assistance. With a grunt I unfastened my knickers and slid them off carefully - with Catherine and...regretfully...Jemma's help, too, and whistled lowly at the wound, flinching. "Your girl is almost a good shot if she wasn't such a bad shot. Gonna need new pants."

"Or a skirt..." Catherine teased, but Jemma's eyes lit up at the idea. Ugh, not this again. I rolled my eyes. Still, I'd heard rumors about Senora Temple. Not really sure how she was going to react to a bottomless chica in her vicinity. Was it really safe letting her poke around at my thighs for me?

Turning on Abigail, tagging Sapphic for +1

<LifeGetsWorser> Ok Krysmbot, you better exceed Orokos on the day
<LifeGetsWorser> or else the apocalypse has started
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 7+2 = 9
<LifeGetsWorser> good enough

Ok, so string/self/promise?

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution



Hot +2. | Cold -1. | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Drained
Location: The Continental Hotel

You know what? I've had about enough of these do-nothing lawmen, and their accusations towards both myself -and- Miss Maple!

"Gentlemen - your interesting theories aside, I do believe that the disturbance you're responding to is not at our hotel, but over there - on the other side of the street. Something you should probably take care of before harassing our patrons, guests, and staff. Again."

Shutting down Worthy. Adding the True Love bonus because he's trying to impress Maple (and get them to leave her alone)
[00:09] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 8 = 8
Let's trade conditions! I'll give him Incompetent

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Hot +1 Cold +0 Volatile +1 Dark -1 Integrity +0
Harm 1/4 XP 4/5 Conditions: Sapphic, Suspicious
Location: In pit of depravity

I square my shoulders and wrap my arms around myself as I enter Bella's. I can practically feel the French Pox congealing onto my skin out of the miasmic air, stinking as it does of immorality and cheap perfume. When i sit on the bed I try to force my body to make as little contact with everything in the room as possible. "I need gauze," I tell the hovering girls, one of whom seems to be doting on Miss Ortega, "and a knife, a candle, and some alcoholic spirits."

Once I assemble the tools and the wound is presented to me -- more than a trifle warily -- I set to work tending it. Serena is rather fortunate in having the muscular thighs of a caballero, because the bullet failed to penetrate deeply, and so i manage to dig it out without too much bleeding or cursing. After that, it's a only a matter of wadding and gauze and prayer that no infection has set it. At some point during this ordeal I become aware that meaningful glances are passing over my head and it dawns on me a trifle belatedly that I am in what could be viewed as a compromising position. I admit to blushing. I seem to have developed some sort of reputation in impolite circles. To cover this, I begin to speak.

Abigail promises something she thinks Serena wants; an explanation.


"My husband's name," I say, stressing the married status a little more than necessary, "is Cornelius Harding. The Coal Baron. The wedding to him was arranged when I was only a child, by my step-parents. I am descended from a..." I hesitate. "An ancient and noble lineage," I finally say, settling on enough of the truth not to complicate things. If I try to explain about the oracular visions, or quoting bible passages, things may grow tedious, or worse, Papist. "Dating back to the Holy Roman Empire. Cornelius Harding, as a newly wealthy commerçant, wished to purchase an ancestry and an ennobled posterity in the same way he purchases houses or horses. So he bought a child bride."

"The marriage was two years ago. I ran away on our wedding night. Since then I have crossed the country trying to escape his hired men. Those were the ones you met in the street. They are not nice men. They won't forgive you for what you've done. And he'll keep sending more." I sigh, tying down the last of the gauze. "I'm truly sorry. I never intended any of this. I confronted them because I didn't wish to drag anyone else into my affairs."

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



James and Maple, The deputy mayor snaps back, "I wouldn't get too flip if I was you, boy. You're still under suspicion for murder." He turns to walk away and says, "Take her into custody. We'll get this sorted out soon enough. And I know no one's gonna mind if she's out of everyone's hair for at least a few days." He glances over his shoulder at James and Emmeline and adds, "Well, no one who matters."

With a grunt of acnoledgement, the burly blacksmith snatches Maple's wrist and starts dragging her towards the town's one room jail house. Miss Emmeline yelps in surprise and rushes forward to try and pry Maple's hand out of the vice-like grip of the giant man, but he just shrugs her off and keeps walking.

What do you do?

James takes suspicious in return.

Polly, Miss Bella's smile becomes a little kinder as she shakes her head. She says, "Oh, you poor thing. You really don't know the first thing about her do you?"

She shakes her head and adds, "Oh well. I suppose I could keep my mouth shut. If you make it worth my while. For starters, why don't you come on and spend your nights playing in my barroom. I know that lovely music of yours will make things a bit more lively over here."

What do you do?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP 3/5 Conditions Nosy, snubbed

"P-pardon? What are the charges?! Rounding up investigators while there's been a murder? You are one to talk about suspicion!" I let myself be dragged. I'm not going to win a kerfuffle with Brad. Besides resisting arrest only paints me as guilty of whatever myth they're conjuring up.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +1 Cold: +1 Volatile: +0 Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 3/5, Conditions: Hiding Something, Terrified

"Si, si, I am sure I'll have them in a panic in short order." I smirk, though the prospect of having a team of bounty hunters after me wasn't a fantastic one, if I could take out two on my lonesome, once we were out of town a whole gang wasn't going to be terribly worried by these jokers. "But you don't have to apologize for needing help, Senora Temple; I'm not a big fan of a man telling a woman what she can and can't do, after all." If that wasn't obvious from my whole shtick, I guess. Nevertheless, I give her something of an amused grin at her continued worrying over my injury. "You sure do worry a lot though, don't you? A lot of that seems to be going around in Serendipity; but don't you worry about me, okay? I got my compadres here to take care of me, generally." I give a nod towards Catherine and even Jemma, I guess, though I was going to have to give the latter some actual lessons on not getting dead if she was seriously coming with us...what was I thinking? Must be more blood lost than it looked like; I wasn't picking up any more stragglers.

To that note, I kind of coughed into my hand at the fact Abigail was still adjusting bandages down there. "So, everything look okay so far as my thigh goes, or do I need to ask you to buy me a drink?"

Catherine snorted, unable to hide the laughter behind her hand entirely. Jemma seemed a little peeved, but she hadn't shot anybody so Abigail was up on her a couple of points already so she'd have to deal. "Jus', do me a favor, try not to have anymore armed confrontations in the streets. At least for a little while, okay?" I asked with a snort. Didn't much matter to me if she did starting Thursday but I wasn't too keen on getting shot again in the meanwhile.

I'm removing my harm since I've got another PC fussing over me, assuming that's okay.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution



Hot +2. | Cold -1. | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Drained, Suspicious
Location: The Continental Hotel

"This isn't justice, or the law. This is you throwing a temper tantrum with the jailhouse keys because you can't handle being told you're not doing your job. You gonna arrest me, too?"

The words come out of my mouth before my brain has a chance to properly suppress them. What in the hell am I doing?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes



Hot 0 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5 Conditions: Sapphic, Terrified

Holding steady
Krysmbot Waffleman, 8+1 = 9
I will remove Projecting and take Terrified


I swallow hard and look at Miss Bella with harsh eyes. "Miss Bella, I'm 'fraid I can't do that. Mr. Robinson's been so good ta me an' my family, I can't betray him. An' I can't say I respect ya very much if'n yer gonna pull stuff like this." I know she's gon' tell everyone 'bout this, but they were already talkin' 'bout it anyway.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Hot +1 Cold +0 Volatile +1 Dark -1 Integrity +0
Harm 1/4 XP 4/5 Conditions: Sapphic, Suspicious
Location: In pit of depravity


I stand hurriedly as her friends chuckle, wiping my hands and trying not to blush. "I'm not... I've never been..." I sigh. I don't know where the rumor got started, but denying it will only make it stronger, and would be doubly hypocritical, since.... "The wound is staunched. Change the dressings twice a day. Try not to reopen it with any running about." I gesture. "And you may well want to wear skirts until it heals. It will be difficult to wear trousers over the bandage."

"It's not that I worry," I add, "but that I try to do the right thing. I don't want anyone to get hurt because I refuse to submit to my husband."

"If i see any more Pinkertons, I shall try to be more clever the next time. I thought the gun would cow them more than it did." I turn to leave. "Thank you for your help, Miss Ortega. If there's anything else I can do for you, or if you simply need spiritual guidance, I'll be at the Mission." Hesitating, I nod to Jemma, who seems to have placed herself in the Ortega Gang. I actually have a message for her. "Jeanette misses you, Miss Ross. Just because she left Bella's service doesn't mean she stopped caring for you. You should come by the Mission to see her."

Manipulate an NPC to be a better person: 2d6+1 13

Then I turn to flee this filthy place.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at Jul 16, 2015 around 02:57

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



Polly, she presses harder, saying, "I don't think you quite understand what kind of trouble she's in. Just think about what'll happen if people here she, a married woman, was kissing another woman like yourself. Why, she'll lose the respect of the entire congregation she's got up there. Not to mention she'll probably get locked up for sodomy."

She pats you on the shoulder and says, "I'll leave you to think about it, dear. In fact, I'll let you have all night off. But I expect to see you by sundown tomorrow. Or else I might need to have a little chat with the mayor."

She turns to go back into the front room and leave you alone with the empty barrels...

James and Maple, the deputy mayor snorts, saying, "Now the two of you 'recon you're a bunch of lawyers. Well, just so happens that I can hold people for questionin' for at least 24 hours. And I got a raft of questions for our nosy little reporter here."

If no one does anything, Maple's gonna get tossed in jail.

What do you do?

Serena and Abigail, you see that Abigail's words strike home, and Jemma bites her lip as she says, "I... I suppose it has been too long since I seen her..."

Abigail Miss Bella looks a bit surprised to see you coming down the stairs, but she just gives you a friendly smile and a cheery wave as you exit, saying, "Now, don't be a stranger."
As you brush by her, you get the startling sense that she's actually a virgin! That's... unexpected, to be sure.

Serena Catherine steps outside to talk with Garcia for a moment. Jemma holds your hand, and offers to get you a drink from downstairs. When Catherine steps back inside, she says, "So, still no sign of Rameriz. We both lost the people we're supposed to be watching, so it'll take us a bit to go find 'em again. But... now, neither of us wants to leave you alone. Specially with your shot up leg and all."

Jemma bristles at the comment, but doesn't say anything. What do you do?


Scene and day is going to be ending in a prompt or two.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes



Hot 0 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5 Conditions: Sapphic, Terrified

Shucks, I hadn't thought of that...

I hate ta do it, but I s'pose I'll have to take Miss Bella up on her offer. For Miss Abigail.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +1 Cold: +1 Volatile: +0 Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 3/5, Conditions: Hiding Something, Terrified

I wave Catherine off. "I'll be fine, Cat. It's not as if I've never been shot before." I nod. "You and Garcia got jobs to do, so go do them. Ramirez is already not keeping up his end of things." That was worrisome; since Jemma was here, Ramirez ought to be as well. People don't disappear, at least mine didn't. That did mean I had to keep an eye on Jemma anyway, and I might as well teach her a couple basics. "Besides, I got Jemma here." I say while her back was turned and only Cat can see my raised eyebrow. "I'll see you in the morning, ok?" I give her a wink. "Tell Garcia to work on his smile." I swear, they were like my kids. Catherine looks almost nervous, but she nods and her smirk is back. She shuts the door and leaves us, muttering something to Garcia that made them both chuckle.

Probably something at my expense.

That left me with Jemma, who was giving me a curious expression from across the room. Still, I had questions for her. "Hey, so where'd Ramirez get off to, anyway? I told him to keep an eye on you to make sure that ugly bastard from the Saloon didn't get any funny ideas. Did that pendejo tell you where he was headed?" I guess I had to give her a small something; I shouldn't go walking around for the rest of the night with a hole in my leg. So I patted the bed next to me with a weary smile. "I hope you don't mind my staying here, by the way. Normally I wouldn't impose but if Ramirez ain't pullin' his weight I should make sure you're safe anyway." I sighed, and shrugged at her as she sat down cautiously. "I uh, I just have the three pairs of trousers, and now one's got blood and holes and poo poo in it. I don't know a lot about skirts or fashion or anything." This was my attempt at explaining why I was still sitting on her bed pants-less. "Besides, I suppose Senora Temple's got a point, I probably don't want to be agitating the wound for a couple of days." The idea of robbing a bank in skirts was a frustrating one but I guess Catherine did it. Just, it was bound to be annoying.

"But uh, as I was saying Senorita Ross," I tease. "Did you see Ramirez? What happened to him?"

Manipulating Jemma to spill the beans about Ramirez, if she knows anything.

<LifeGetsWorser> Manipulation time!
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 6+1 = 7
<LifeGetsWorser> welp, partial success still counts right?

What'll it take to get her to spill the beans? I dread asking this.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at Aug 13, 2015 around 19:35

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution



Hot +2. | Cold -1. | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Drained, Suspicious
Location: The Continental Hotel

I can't let them drag her off to jail. If reason won't appeal to him, then maybe good old embarrassment will work.

"Then ask her them. But if you drag her off to jail for a conversation that could reasonably take place on the street, you know that people'll hear about it - and that's the sort of thing that'll make the citizens of this town mighty uncomfortable to keep you in that job of yours, if you come up empty - which you will."

Manipulating him to let her go, tagging "incompetent".
[03:49] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 9+3 = 12

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at Jul 16, 2015 around 08:38

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



James and Maple, His eyes nervously cut side to side as he finally seems to notice that a few people are peeking out their windows at him. He grumbles for a minute and says, "Aw, let her go. She ain't worth the trouble. We'll go track down what happened ourselves."

Brad grunts and lets Maple go before turning to return to the forge at the other end of the street.

Serena, Jemma sits on the side of your bed, and then leans back against your arm, resting her head on your shoulder. She smiles contentedly, saying, "Don't worry. You can borrow one of mine for tomorrow." Then she grins and says, "Oh, and just so you know, Ramirez is fine. He's not in danger or anything. He's just... occupied. I wouldn't leave one of my new compadres in danger, you know." She looks up at you, a look of nigh-reverence on her face as she says, "You know you were amazing out there. Just tell me how you got started like this..." She waves her hand, looking for a better word, before settling on, "life."

The rest of the evening passes uneventfully, as she knows you're not in good enough shape for her to make a pass at you. She does undress and go to sleep next to you

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Sunday morning, which means it's time for the revival meeting.

Abigail obviously you're there this morning, but the rest of you, why'd you show up?
pre:
         [DOC ]

[    ][    ][    ][    ]
[    ][    ][    ][    ]
[    ][    ][    ][    ]
[    ][    ][    ][    ]
Also, Maple, as you have to deliver your new issues today, what's the headline for the paper? Who do you write an incendiary story about? Aside from the Deputy Mayor, of course.

And you thought I wouldn't get to make a seating chart!
Anyway, place yourself and one other NPC

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Jul 17, 2015 around 03:17

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5 Conditions Nosy, snubbed

This is going to be my best issue yet! I didn't even have room to speculate on who the killer was with my breaking down on how it might have happened. Who the killer is in next issue. I have a nickle on a Girandoni air rifle with old man Sassafras. The second story is about the dep Mayor's skull drudgery with me, and Jame's heroically standing up for me. But the real juicy bit is Jemma's seduction into a life of crime. Boy howdy it's like one of them dime novels. I even gave it the headline, despite only getting half a page. Seduction of the Innocent. Nevermind that Jemma's life was just a different crime. In the Shameimaru special issue at my place I explain the note I left her.

I got my stack of papers (single sheet double sided) at the tent ready to hock 'em where the crowd is. Yes yes, I never miss a Sunday.

pre:
         [DOC ]

[    ][    ][    ][Bella]
[    ][    ][    ][    ]
[    ][    ][    ][    ]
[    ][Maple][    ][    ]

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at Jul 17, 2015 around 03:53

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Drained, Suspicious
Location: The Revival Tent

My parents continue to interfere with my life - to "make up" for letting Miss Maple sit at our table, and leaving her alone when the gunfight started, she made me promise Miss Emmeline that I'd be here bright and early today. And for her part, while I managed to get a seat next to Maple, she took the one in front of me.

"Morning, Miss Maple. May I purchase a copy of your latest issue?"

pre:
         [DOC ]

[     ] [    ] [     ][Bella]
[     ] [    ] [     ][     ]
[Emmln] [    ] [     ][     ]
[James] [Maple][     ][     ]

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Hot +1 Cold +0 Volatile +1 Dark -1 Integrity +0
Harm 1/4 XP 4/5 Conditions: Sapphic, Suspicious
Location: Revival Tent

pre:
[Jeanette] [Abigail] [     ][Bella]
[     ] [    ] [     ][     ]
[Emmln] [    ] [     ][     ]
[James] [Maple][     ][     ]
Ah, church. This is the high point of my week. Now I can finally put the unpleasantness of yesterday behind me.

I'm in the front row, of course, ready and eager to absorb the Good Doctor's words. Jeneatte stands next to me, a trifle nervous every time she glances down the row at Bella, her former employer. I try to reassure her while eyeing the Madame sideways out of the corner of my eye. I would not, in a thousand years, have guess that about her. How is that even possible? It isn't any of my business, of course, but...

Hmm.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +1 Cold: +1 Volatile: +0 Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 4/5, Conditions: Hiding Something, Terrified

pre:
[Jeanette] [Abigail] [      ][Bella]
[        ] [       ] [Serena][Jemma]
[Emmln   ] [       ] [      ][     ]
[James   ] [Maple  ] [      ][     ]
I fussed with the bodice Jemma had talked me into wearing vainly, trying to make less cleavage obvious. She swatted my hands away; unfortunately playfully I noticed, and gave me a wry smile. Why I had let her talk me into dressing me in one of her "Sunday bests" I had no idea. Maybe it had to do with waking up to her in my arms, somehow. I had panicked, and I am sure the blush had been from embarrassment. Still, extricating myself from the compromising position without her noticing had ended up being impossible as she stirred and woke up as soon as I tried moving at all.

I guess I could count my blessings that she didn't try to actually pull anything during the night, and I know, because I had made drat sure she fell asleep before I did. Still I guess I nodded off enough for her to have curled up next to me and, well, I can't be blamed for hugging a warm body in my sleep, right? I'm just thankful none of the gang had seen me yet today. I'm sure Catherine would love it, until I punched her. But I couldn't punch Jemma, and she had been insistent that if I was going to the Revival meeting I had to look lady-like. So she stuffed me into one of her dresses and even forced me to sit there and let her put makeup on my face. I had insisted my hair stay down though, but I don't think it was helping my image. I looked all dainty and poo poo, in the dark purple dress with all the lacy parts. Not the sort of thing I liked to wear, and the skirt was irritating something fierce. The heels were worse, and it was of course my luck that Jemma and I were about the same shoe size. And it sure didn't help any that I was still limping and kind of had to lean on her on the way over here.

Still, of course I was going to come to the Revival today. I had to case the joint properly and the best time to do that was when you were supposed to be there. For her part, Jemma was game on playing her part, too. Which meant after the meeting she was going to go flirt; which was good because it gave me the opportunity to get the hell out of here and put on something more respectful so I didn't feel like a drat peacock.

At least I still had my pistol strapped to my thigh. Well, the Pinkerton's pistol, I guess. I hadn't seen Ramirez so I had no chance of getting more bullets for my own six shooter. Still, it'd work for now. Just cuz I had had to look like a doll for the moment didn't mean I needed to go unprotected.

But, oy, was church boring. I guess I kept myself awake too long because I kept feeling myself nod off even while I was trying to case the joint. I wonder what the best way to duck in and get the cash on Wednesday would be...?

Going to try and Gaze that question

2d6-1: 5 [2d6=2, 4]

Nope, Serena is still lovely at Dark. Marking XP.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at Aug 13, 2015 around 19:36

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes



Hot 0 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5 Conditions: Sapphic, Terrified

pre:
[Jeanette] [Abigail] [Worthy][Bella]
[        ] [      ] [Serena][Jemma]
[Emmln   ] [       ] [      ][     ]
[James   ] [Maple  ] [Polly][     ]
Usually I'd be front an' center fer the revival, right next ta Miss Abigail, but I don't reckon I feel like bein' near her right now, so I sit at th' back, next ta Maple. From th' front, I can see Miss Bella givin' me cocky looks. An' next to her is the good Deputy Mayor, with the stench of death 'bout him. I don't even know why I'm here this week. I guess it's jus' habit.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5 Conditions Nosy, snubbed

"Of course of course!" I hand James his copy in exchange for his nickle. I snicker at Serena looking nice for her date while I do. Honestly this is too perfect.

Lil miss Polly is sittin next to me fer a change and I've been trying to figger why. "What's the matter Polly? You look down. Anyway I can help?" I grin.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution



Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: Drained, Suspicious
Location: The Revival Tent

"Many thanks. I look forward to reading it. If you can, save me a few copies - I'll put them on the table in the foyer for our guests."

Looking forward to reading it during the sermon, that is. If I fold it just right, I can get it inside this hymnal and just kind of turn it and, lo and behold, respectable reading material during what would otherwise be a boring affair.

Seduction of the Innocent, huh? This should be good.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



pre:
[Jeanette] [Abigail] [Worthy][Bella ]
[Julius  ] [Michael] [Serena][Jemma ]
[Emmln   ] [Tim    ] [ Beth ][Morgan]
[James   ] [Maple  ] [Polly ][Wille ]
The rest of the congregation files in, with the rest of the town lining the back of the tent now that the seats are taken. The notably missing are Mrs. O'Donnel and the Mayor.

Clearing his throat the good Doctor takes a moment to read from a worn and weather-beaten bible that he takes out of his coat pocket. He closes his eyes and opens it to a page, seemingly at random. He frowns as he sees the page, but he starts reading the story of Sodom and Gomorrah with great gusto. He stops as the city is destroyed.

He looks out over the crowd and says, "Now, what do we think we can learn from this, aside from the obvious evils of homosexuality? Anyone? Feel free to speak up, I can feel the spirit moving through the room here!"

Serena, you start to wonder about the best way to make your move here, but instead you drift off to sleep. Suddenly, you jerk awake as Jemma prods you off her shoulder, she's smiling, but she says, "If you wanna take a nap, I'll happily join you after this." She looks around, and adds, slightly flushed, "We're starting to get looks, though."
Jemma takes a string on you

Also, for reference, The NPCS who you might need a refresher on, starting at the top left:
Jeanette Degrasse: Creole woman who left everything behind when home flooded. Abigale helped her repent from her sinful ways and she works at General Store
Julius Whithouse: Murdered Sean O'Donnell. Inside man for Serena's heist.
Michael O'Donnell: Most handsome of the giant O'Donnell family
Bugeye Tim Jameson: Old prospector who runs the stables and looks out for Polly
Thomas Morgan: Owns General Store that always has what you need. Can't be talked into a better deal.
Willie Robinison: Stern owner of the saloon that Polly works at.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Jul 19, 2015 around 03:35

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes



Hot 0 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5 Conditions: Sapphic, Terrified

"It's nothin', Maple. Jus' some personal issues." As the good Doctor begins his sermon, I lower into my seat a bit and groan. It seems like th' whole world's 'gainst me. I reckon I shoulda jus' stayed home sick.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.



Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 XP 4/5 Conditions Nosy, snubbed

"What?" I blurt out. "The sin of the city was that they lacked hospitality for their two celestial guests." I don't declare it as an answer to the question so I don't really pay any mind to who heard me. I notice Polly looking even worse. "Aw Polly it sure don't look like nothing. Let me help."

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.



Hot +1 Cold +0 Volatile +1 Dark -1 Integrity +0
Harm 1/4 XP 4/5 Conditions: Sapphic, Suspicious
Location: Revival Tent

I swallow, hard, as the Good Doctor starts in on is sermon. My eyes bulge, and my ears burn. Did someone tell him? Has he been listening to gossip? Or, worse; does he know?

Hold Steady: 2d6+0 2 Yikes!


I turn, not thinking, and stare backwards across the congregation, trying to catch Polly's eye. Only then do I realize that everyone else can see me, and is staring right at me.

"!!!!!!!!!!!" It isn't so much speech as a long, strangled exhalation.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL"


Fun Shoe


Hot: +1 Cold: +1 Volatile: +0 Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4, XP: 5/5, Conditions: Hiding Something, Terrified

I fix Jemma with a look. With any of my gang, it would have been more than sufficient to shut them up, but Jemma apparently didn't understand what it meant or maybe my looking like a hussy just made it seem enticing because she just smiled at me and went back to paying attention to the sermon.

Ah yes, the ol' 'you're a sinner and your actions will lead you to hell' thing; I've heard it before. I mean, maltido, did he honestly think I haven't figured I'm a bad person yet? I guess he could be talking to someone else, but I always figured the fire and brimstone had more than a little bit of resonance with me and mine. But wait, the Sodom and Gomorrah story was about...and he was looking at me and Jemma? Did he honestly think...? Oh don't make me laugh. I just rolled my eyes at him as he ranted and raved. Barking up the wrong tree, old man; though it's not any of your business if I did take her to bed, I wasn't planning on it.

Gonna try and shut down the Doc with his ranting and raving

<LifeGetsWorser> shut down with a better character!
<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 3+1 = 4
<LifeGetsWorser> oh god
<LifeGetsWorser> Krysmbot why have you forsaken me?

Welp. I guess marking XP for rolling Cold. This puts me at five, so I suppose what I'll do is I'll pick up The Clique again. Gotta have more minions, clearly.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution



Hot +2 | Cold -1. | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Suspicious
Location: The Revival Tent

Maple kind of has a point. I've never given too much weight to the Bible, but clearly hospitality was important - after all, the fellow in the passage was ready to throw his daughters to the mob rather than have his guests trifled with.

I feel eyes occasionally upon me - clearly the lawmen from last night have been talking around town. They think I had some other interest in keeping Maple out of jail, of talking back to them. But this is a chance to show them I'm a stand-up guy.

"Making sure those that you take under your roof aren't meddled with is very important - paying customers or welcome friends. Lot and God knew that - look at what the former was willing to go through to keep those he'd invited in from harm."

Holding Steady to try to get rid of Suspicious
Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 5-1 = 4
Oh boy... at least that's xp, which is an advance. Grabbing the Fae's The Constant Bargain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!



James, the Doc nods along with you, saying, "Yes, quite correct. The people of Sodom were acting to violate hospitality, a grave sin." He adds, "It's understandable that one of the innkeeps keyed in on that aspect." The forcefulness of your declaration (intended or otherwise) has some of your neighbors whispering and cutting there eyes to you. The Doc says, "Now, now, folks. I'm sure the young man was simply eager to participate. I have no doubt that he understands the horrible sin of homosexuality." He looks at you, and waits for your response.

What do you do?

Abigail, seeing how affected you were by the sermon, Jeanette puts a worried hand on your shoulder and whispers, "Are you feeling all right? Maybe... I should take you home?" As she puts her hand on you, you feel the touch of her tainted flesh and inadvertently pull away in disgust. She sees the revulsion in your eyes and pulls her hand back, turning away from you.
Jeanette takes a string on you.

Meanwhile, the people behind you all turn back to see what you're looking at, and end up staring at Polly.

Serena, meeting your glare, the Doc says with a look of insufferable patience look, "Oh, but where are my manners. We have a new member of the congregation, even if she appears to be less than happy to be here. Still, I have no doubt that her presence here is providence. After all, we should be praising the Good Lord's mercy, for even one of her questionable companions has made things right with the Lord this very day!"

Polly, Mr. Robinson nudges you saying, "Now, if something's bothering you, Polly, you shouldn't hide it. I'm sure your friend here wants to help." He frowns as Mrs. Abigail frantically looks back at you, drawing a good portion of the congregation's attention, adding, "Wonder what got into her?"

  • Locked thread