Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DGK2000 posted:

Is that Jake guy I made block me still around?

Nah he's got a kid and is also banned IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Podima posted:

Oh, good for him.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

The Colossus and the Collective now taking signups!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Need 1 replacement for my spoooooooky game, The Doom That Came To Auspol! Being Australian is not required.

(If you replace in I'll owe you one.)

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

Podima posted:

Need 1 replacement for my spoooooooky game, The Doom That Came To Auspol! Being Australian is not required.

Be warned this game is cursed

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Wren needs 5 more players for poo poo Talking Animal Crossing :siren:

You don't need to do anything other than poo poo talk your opponents while they play the game for you.

He has previously hosted:
poo poo Talking Candy Land
poo poo Talking Candy Land 2
poo poo Talking Chutes and Ladders

The production value is always very high

And all you do is hurl insults at people all game!
What could be better

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

kids ruin mafia, don't have them

at least that is the takeaway I got from this answer

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

this has convinced me to bring back my favorite old avatar

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

Bumping this for the new day. It's Night 1, you can safely skip reading the whole first day if you want because it's just Australians yelling at each other. Please come replace in and do me a solid!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
We are 7 short of being full. I'd love to get this started on monday if we can get the final sign-ups taken care of!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922476

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Podima posted:

Bumping this for the new day. It's Night 1, you can safely skip reading the whole first day if you want because it's just Australians yelling at each other. Please come replace in and do me a solid!

:hai:

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Five spots remaining for this.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok if we get 2 more I'll just do a c9

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i am coming out of mod retirement and designing my first game in ~5 years.

it will (probably) be role madness, for 17 players, and bob's burgers themed unless i totally change my mind

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

We are 7 short of being full. I'd love to get this started on monday if we can get the final sign-ups taken care of!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922476

Down to 4 slots left...be the hero this community needs and help us fill up these games!

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Dear Jed.

My petite flower, my winter rose. I miss you in these times of no over lapping mafia games.

Yours, Tommy

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

i am sorry to present anidav temple mafia.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3925561

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Need one replacement for Magic School Bus Mafia. We are at the end of D2.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Still need three for this. Possibly four as it's taking long enough to fill that PMush is considering dropping out.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

xopods posted:

Still need three for this. Possibly four as it's taking long enough to fill that PMush is considering dropping out.

NLK is banned so you need 4

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I was gonna buy him an unban gift cert but he left all the mafia discords I think?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

I was gonna buy him an unban gift cert but he left all the mafia discords I think?

Looks like it?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Probably too ashamed about all those thunderdome losses

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It looks like he's got some stuff going on, I hope he returns when he's ready. We probably don't need to talk too much further about it.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah I’m just worried about him as a friend. AA if you see this don’t be afraid to reach out! But if not I hope you get everything figured out.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah I’m just worried about him as a friend. AA if you see this don’t be afraid to reach out! But if not I hope you get everything figured out.

:emptyquote:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Mr. Humalong posted:

he was having some recent medical issues. last i talked to him, he was doing fine, just some weird complications that sounded annoying but nothing bad. dont want to give any more details because obv its up to him to decide what he wants to disclose to others.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I'm ready to join a small to medium sized game, anything like that coming up?

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

come join anidav temple mafia the one true game of skill

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

2 more and we can all be anidav

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I have no clue who Anidav is

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

Jamuraan posted:

I have no clue who Anidav is

Have you ever seen a snake detatch its jaw and swallow an antalope ?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Tommu posted:

Have you ever seen a snake detatch its jaw and swallow an antalope ?

Only once

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jamuraan posted:

Only once

Prude

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Actual mafia discussion: Why do we never try to reverse engineer the night kill? Why do we not try to speculate on why someone remains alive?

In Grandicap's most recent game, Quidnose had me pegged as scum starting on day 1 and never relented. Night after night, scum me didn't kill him. No one ever (besides me) theorized that I am not scum because I continue to let the biggest voice saying I'm scum remain alive.

On the other side, I haven't seen town try to reverse engineer a night kill beyond the basic role-based analysis (they killed a Cop, they knew the Doctor couldn't protect him again, they were fearing a Track/Watch, etc. etc.). Why do we not ever look back at who the scum kill thought was scum and use that in cases?

The knee-jerk reaction to both of these lines of thinking is, of course, "that's just WIFOM." However, it's all WIFOM. If this type of stuff is a small portion of a larger case, it might help a case be persuasive.

Or would it not? What say you?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Honestly, kill choice is so easy to WIFOM is the reason I rarely consider it. There are so many reasons that any individual could be picked for, or not picked for, a kill, that it's hard to come down to a choice in why.

Take your exaple:

Quid is left alive BECAUSE killing him would look suspicious, so he's right.
Quid is left alive because he is hardccore pursuing a non-scum player.
Quid is left alive because he was rolecoped as vanilla town.
Quid is left alive because he is posting.
Quid is left alive because scum tried to kill them but were redirected.
Quid is left alive because they aren't Jose.

There are so many different possible reasons to motivate who is and isn't killed, that it is very difficult to use that as an argument of strength.

Because of the ambiguity of night, and the fact that the nightill choice is (usually) a consensus opinion, especially since there are strategies for killing/not killing someone that are literally the opposite of each other.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk posted:

Actual mafia discussion: Why do we never try to reverse engineer the night kill? Why do we not try to speculate on why someone remains alive?

In Grandicap's most recent game, Quidnose had me pegged as scum starting on day 1 and never relented. Night after night, scum me didn't kill him. No one ever (besides me) theorized that I am not scum because I continue to let the biggest voice saying I'm scum remain alive.

On the other side, I haven't seen town try to reverse engineer a night kill beyond the basic role-based analysis (they killed a Cop, they knew the Doctor couldn't protect him again, they were fearing a Track/Watch, etc. etc.). Why do we not ever look back at who the scum kill thought was scum and use that in cases?

The knee-jerk reaction to both of these lines of thinking is, of course, "that's just WIFOM." However, it's all WIFOM. If this type of stuff is a small portion of a larger case, it might help a case be persuasive.

Or would it not? What say you?

I have frequently used people not wanting to analyze night kill choices to night kill all of my vocal opponents in thread.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Max posted:

I have frequently used people not wanting to analyze night kill choices to night kill all of my vocal opponents in thread.

:same: although I've also night killed someone else's vocal opponent in hopes that someone analyzes it

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I might have a different viewpoint, since I inevetably push to nightkill whoever is least engaged in the game regardless of their opinions...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

:same: although I've also night killed someone else's vocal opponent in hopes that someone analyzes it

and I've kept my two most vocal opponents alive in lylo so that they question why I would intentionally go to lylo with them, although that one probably only works the one time :v: