Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Put millers in a game with no cops.

Kashuno posted:

Millers are hugely unbalancing in favor of scum. a death miller is for all intents and purposes game breaking.

Has anyone ever done a delayed death miller? As in, they flip as scum but the next day they are revealed as a townie?

Might work better as a OPG scum ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Asiina posted:

The answer to this must be yes, but I can't recall am example.

*Adds to list of unusual roles to play with... eventually.*

Scum Framer (?) - During the night, you may target a player. If / when that player flips, they will be revealed as the opposite alignment. Effect wears off after one game day. May only use once per game.*

MOD NOTE: Probably should only use only in an open set-up.

Alternatively:

Scum Framer - During the night, you may alter your death flip as desired. If you die the following game day, your custom flip will be revealed to the town. Effect wears off after one game day. May only be used once.

Asiina posted:

Oh yeah, that's what I was thinking of. I could see it as a way to get a cop murdered for getting a scum result.

I'd make the scum have to use it as a night action though so they'd have to predict when they will get lynched. Passively would seem as too big a screw you to the cop for no reason.

Yeah. I like this. I think this kind of role has a lot of potential. I can't imagine making it passive though.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 9, 2016

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The Lord of Hats posted:

Time for me to eat like a million lynches in future games :getin:

I am so proud of you.

Stay determined.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Can you win Undertalefia by refusing to lynch?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

William O. Douglas posted:

At age 76 on December 31, 1974, while on vacation with his wife Cathleen in the Bahamas, Douglas suffered a debilitating stroke in the right hemisphere of his brain. It paralyzed his left leg and forced him to use a wheelchair. Douglas, severely disabled, insisted on continuing to participate in Supreme Court affairs despite his obvious incapacity. Seven of his fellow justices voted to postpone until the next term any argued case in which Douglas' vote might make a difference.[33] At the urging of Fortas, Douglas finally retired on November 12, 1975, after 36 years of service...

Douglas maintained that he could assume judicial senior status on the Court, and attempted to continue serving in that capacity, according to Woodward and Armstrong, and refused to accept his retirement, trying to participate in the Court's cases well into 1976, after John Paul Stevens had taken his former seat.[36] Douglas reacted with outrage when, returning to his old chambers, he discovered that his clerks had been reassigned to Stevens, and when he tried to file opinions in cases whose arguments he had heard before his retirement. Chief Justice Warren Burger ordered all justices, clerks, and other staff members to refuse help to Douglas in those efforts. When Douglas tried in March 1976 to hear arguments in a capital-punishment case, Gregg v. Georgia, the nine sitting justices signed a formal letter informing him that his retirement had ended his official duties on the court.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

PBS Newshour posted:

Someone make Supreme Court mafia

Only if there is a concurring/dissenting opinion mechanic.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i hope obama takes the opportunity to put biden on the court via recess appointment

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

dumb post

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 14, 2016

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

im not funny or smart and i keep forgetting that its 2016

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

imgay posted:

I got a avatar cert but idk what avatar to get

a good one

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

someone start a game so i can remember how bad i've gotten in the two years since i played anything

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

i guess i could run my own lovely game for once

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

ok. good.

also, what the gently caress is a discord

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Somberbrero posted:

irc but not bad.

in a rip van winkle voice:

"i can't believe it with my own gosh dang eyes. next they'll be putting men in flying contraptions."

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

nm

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Dick Bastardly posted:

New Mexico! I agree.

az
ut
wy

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

q: has anyone ever done a mafia game with a resurrection mechanic

q2: what about nesting masonries

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Habeas Corpses is over slightly earlier than it technically should have been, but it would have ended the same either way.

I hope Mac reopens the thread so we can discuss it a bit more in there, I'm worried I accidentally prompted an early closing

Yeah. I would very much like to discuss the game

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

how to tell if diqnol is scum: he never posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

My usual operating assumption is that scum are cautious players and town are reckless players. Both can make bad cases, but one is less liable to expose themselves to criticism