Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBxgrr0wL8M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Agreed

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I third the motion, Kings are way better.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

it only has to keep us going long enough so we can build the artificial intelligence that will decide our lives for all eternity

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
A Starship Troopers remake would be loving tits

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Immortan posted:

It's called real life.

:twisted:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Immortan posted:

Appropriate, considering the shower scene

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Not yet, Bernie could still win.

:bernget:

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

America isn't a democracy.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Immortan posted:

Without Casper Van Dien? Nah

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
I know, I still haven't been elected yet

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Immortan posted:

what the gently caress no, its perfect as it is. i dont know how anyone could top verhoeven's masterpiece

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
more tits and full frontal male nudity. bugs don't care, the armor doesn't do anything anyway, so for reasons we're going to fight completely naked at all times. maybe once you've done your service and are a Citizen you can have clothes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Peztopiary posted:

more tits and full frontal male nudity. bugs don't care, the armor doesn't do anything anyway, so for reasons we're going to fight completely naked at all times. maybe once you've done your service and are a Citizen you can have clothes.

but enough about game of thrones

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

it only has to keep us going long enough so we can build the artificial intelligence that will decide our lives for all eternity

I thought about that one time and it would be a horrible idea for us because it would probably stop western world development instantly and pour all future resources to shitpoor countries.

Basically I guess it would be ok since we're mostly already pretty comfortable, but NOT before I get my Oculus Rift.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
"The more expensive a film is, the harder it is now to make it that violent," Jaffe said by way of explaining how the revamped Starship Troopers would eschew the darkly comic, over-the-top gore that arguably made anyone remember Starship Troopers in the first place, instead aiming for a softer PG-13 rating that would make it more marketable and therefore better. And in addition to new technology that will allow them to include the armored exoskeletons known as Jump Suits, new advancements in ignoring irony will also allow Jaffe and Co. to make a straightforward translation of Heinlein's ode to militarism, without getting hung up on those longstanding questions of whether it's an oversimplified glorification of war or an endorsement of fascism. "Y’know, one man’s fascism is another man’s patriotism," Jaffe says with no hint of sarcasm, as that sort of thing isn't done anymore. Anyway, with all the violence and satire finally out of the way, the film can concentrate on the well-rounded characters that Heinlein didn't create.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Chokes McGee posted:

but enough about game of thrones

Not enough dude on dude. The truest way to Heinlein's vision of the future is dongs and vags everywhere. Also computers that turn themselves into voluptuous twins. Basically, it's time for the Lazarus Long movie disguised as Starship Troopers.

Can't be worse than the irony free concept.

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

A White Guy posted:

America isn't a democracy.

"Service guarantees citizenship."

-- Thomas Jefferson

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

what the gently caress no, its perfect as it is. i dont know how anyone could top verhoeven's masterpiece

A Quentin Tarantino Starship Troopers please

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

Rather, other adaptations should get the starship troopers treatment, getting made by people with active disdain for the message of the source material

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

reignonyourparade posted:

Rather, other adaptations should get the starship troopers treatment, getting made by people with active disdain for the message of the source material

This is what American Sniper should have been.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Duckbag posted:

This is what American Sniper should have been.

That would have owned.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Mo_Steel posted:

I third the motion, Kings are way better.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Immortan posted:

( ̄~ ̄)

just stop.

This.

Total Recall remake sucks for example, and will never ever top Verhoeven's Total Recall. So shut the gently caress up about startrooper remakes, misty-eyed loving kids tia

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Immortan posted:

lmao this is the only way id endorse it

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

verhoeven reboot of Atlas Shrugged

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

TEAYCHES posted:

lmao this is the only way id endorse it

I wouldve suggested Neill Blomkamp but then I remembered he already made black people analogous to bugs in district 9

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Peztopiary posted:

great, space spartans. thanks frank miller.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A time to chill indeed

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Gentlemen! I do not have a single construcitve proposal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df7jOd6HcIY

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
USA is a republic not a democracy :smug:

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

USA is a republic not a democracy :smug:

sounds like it definitely failed then!

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.

TEAYCHES posted:

verhoeven reboot of Atlas Shrugged

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

axolotl farmer posted:

im the black turtleneck

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

axolotl farmer posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

japanese james carville has a point

• Locked thread