Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jose posted:

The seagulls in San Diego are so aggressive that after I got stung by a stingray and it had been treated the lifeguard wrapped a plastic bag around my foot to keep sand out of the wound and a seagull had a go for one of my toes in the bag lol

Fucken tourist! They tought us the stingray shuffle in school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Seagulls are clearly apex predators.

https://youtu.be/uSFPyACRXbk

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

no, i died to the skeleton babies in dark souls
i mean that is sort of what you do in dark souls

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

fridge corn posted:

Fucken tourist! They tought us the stingray shuffle in school

We apparently found the only entry onto the beach not completely covered in warnings about it. It loving hurt and I had to rip the barb out of my toe it was like half an inch in

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i mean that is sort of what you do in dark souls

yeah, kinda surprised seagulls aren't an enemy to be honest. you had weird flappy black birds in bloodborne.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

the panacea posted:

Seagulls are clearly apex predators.

https://youtu.be/uSFPyACRXbk

?????? Is this wise ?????? I can see a number of ways in which this would ultimately not be good at all for a seagull

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Jakabite posted:

?????? Is this wise ?????? I can see a number of ways in which this would ultimately not be good at all for a seagull

They've evolved to do it with fish, a rabbit is basically a land fish

Seriously though, they don't have teeth and unlike raptors don't have talons to grip their prey to tear it apart, so they have evolved to be able to force impressive things down their oesophagus. They basically break it down in their stomach and then crunch up the remaining bits in their gizzard. I don't think seagulls can puke up their gizzard contents like birds of prey, so it probably won't be pleasant for it passing those remaining bones through. But as it's a seagull it'll probably poo poo it on my head anyway

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Aug 2, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
can it even take off after that though?

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Jose posted:

We apparently found the only entry onto the beach not completely covered in warnings about it. It loving hurt and I had to rip the barb out of my toe it was like half an inch in

listen if they got steve irwin they could get anyone. be constantly vigilant to stingrays. especially on land.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Party Boat posted:

Aeropress is basically the best way to make a cup of coffee without spending stupid money. I love mine

Aeropress is amazing for the cost. Its what £30? And to beat it you pretty much have to up to the £300+ machines in my opinion.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

apparently they used to make whips out of their tails. but the british empire, being properly civilised, banned its use on slaves.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

apparently they used to make whips out of their tails. but the british empire, being properly civilised, banned its use on slaves.

aeropresses have tails??

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

no i googled that and it looks like some janky innovation catalogue pos that the dad in gremlins might have "invented".

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Mega Comrade posted:

Aeropress is amazing for the cost. Its what £30? And to beat it you pretty much have to up to the £300+ machines in my opinion.

There are bascially two price ranges for really good coffee:

<100 for a good hand grinder and an Aeropress / french press / pourover. Quick, easy to clean, cheap, lasts forever. Coffee nerds who own expensive espresso machines usually also use this stuff.

>1000 for a good electric grinder and an espresso machine

Between that you have lots of mediocre fully automatic machines, lots of plastic, pressurised baskets, milk foam "helpers", drip coffee machines, etc.
There are good options in that price range but it feels like the wild west.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I bought this for the wifes Christmas a year or 2 ago and its an amazing little machine but holy poo poo it cost us £200 and its up to £350 now !

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-M...=kitchen&sr=1-1

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Antigravitas posted:

There are bascially two price ranges for really good coffee:

<100 for a good hand grinder and an Aeropress / french press / pourover. Quick, easy to clean, cheap, lasts forever. Coffee nerds who own expensive espresso machines usually also use this stuff.

>1000 for a good electric grinder and an espresso machine

Between that you have lots of mediocre fully automatic machines, lots of plastic, pressurised baskets, milk foam "helpers", drip coffee machines, etc.
There are good options in that price range but it feels like the wild west.

If I'm desperate enough for good coffee that I'd need a £1k plus machine to sate my needs. I'm desperate enough to walk down the road and get one from the coffee shop.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Sex Robot posted:

If I'm desperate enough for good coffee that I'd need a £1k plus machine to sate my needs. I'm desperate enough to walk down the road and get one from the coffee shop.

This is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. I appreciate a good coffee but not a grands worth

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Sex Robot posted:

a grand is a bit steep for an initial outlay but if you're spending £3 on a coffee from a shop every day it'd only take a year to pay for itself so I do understand why people do it if they really like coffee.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Coffee is bad and this bobby needs to close thread and end filth

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

jose would only reopen it, i have tried

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
My upstairs work mouse has got a hosed cable and it keeps dropping connection. V annoying

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Err Bluetooth grandad?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I would need a Bluetooth mouse. I do not have one.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I keep hearing people speak about "vertical mice" and i am very curious

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I keep hearing people speak about "vertical mice" and i am very curious

One of my co-workers got a vertical mouse due to persistent wrist problems and said it was really great, and really helped her, but took a loooooong time getting used to it after years of using a regular one.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

looks a bit like a normal mouse and a joystick had a baby

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
The only acceptable coffee drink is iced coffee. Blended ice, none of this 'poured over cubes' nonsense. With cream on the top, and possibly grated chocolate.

Oh and it also has to be 25C+ and sunny.

Or just use coffee to flavour cake/chocolate/other dessert.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

nah loads of people drink it hot. many millions of people, actually.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Millions of people post in online forums, doesn't make it acceptable

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

looks a bit like a normal mouse and a joystick had a baby

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

mmhmmm i am going to gently caress that

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Bad dragon made a mouse?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

its a cylon with a bowtie

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

My previous work got me one of these because I was getting tendonitis.

It looks even more like a butt plug in real life.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

what sort of butt plugs have you been using!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

god the thread is reaching new heights/depths? of eye rolling now were critiquing each others butt plug shopping preferences.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Smoking-quitting aids are awful. I bought a bunch of stuff that arrived Sunday.

Put a patch on my arm Sunday night before bed and woke up this morning with it lying wrinkled up on the floor beside the bed, since it seems the designers didn't anticipate movement.

I got 4 packs of lozenges that you're supposed to rest in your mouth when the craving kicks in. I tried one and it tasted of burning and made me violently sick and I ended up smoking a few menthol rollies just to get the taste out of my mouth,

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Pingu??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It is called a penguin or something

Sleeping off a hangover in the car at the bottom of site where noone will bother me