Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Hello I was wondering what temperature is everyone's house? Its 12°C in my lounge but 13.6°C in the kitchen. Theres no gas for the central heating so I'm off out to the log store wearing my best head torch to collect some to make a fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Kluliss posted:

Why didn't you build a fire sooner if that's your only source of heat

I'm cack.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

After an evening's worth of wood burning my kitchen is up to 16.7°C whilst my lounge, which I have abandoned, is at 12.5°C. I've also noticed that the fridge temperature is 4°C whilst the outside temperature is 3.7°C so I might just put all the food outside and save some electricity whilst I'm at it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I don't mean to pick on you particularly, you just posted the word most recently, but anytime food is mentioned no one can seem to get enough of being amazed.

How anyone gets their shopping done I dunno, aisles must just be full of people staggering around dumbfounded and flabbergasted by like rice pudding or some poo poo.

I don't think I've ever been amazed in my life. Sad.

Hmmm. Maybe when I was a baby and the food was delivered like it was an aeroplane and I'd never had food before. But even then I was probably just like, whatever.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jose posted:

wtf some posts have a scroll bar like this one did

Its all the posts with quotes and actual text that seem to have scrollbars like this post but not the next one that I am going to make. This is some free troubleshooting I am doing here. On a friday night because thats the kind of guy I am.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Its all the posts with quotes and actual text that seem to have scrollbars like this post but not the next one that I am going to make. This is some free troubleshooting I am doing here. On a friday night because thats the kind of guy I am.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jose posted:

Its the opposite for me lol

I will probably tell this story when I am out later.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jose posted:

appears to be caused by me reading the forums at 90% zoom

I wish you hadn't done this. Now everyone knows at what zoom level I read the forums.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Why are you so determined to divide england?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

On sandwich talk, I can mostly stomach any old poo poo so I'm not really fussed. Or so I thought.

A year later I was driving through spain to Gibraltar in a rubbish car with no aircon stopping only for fuel because I had miscalculated and so was in a hurry. This meant buying petrol station sandwiches. Spain is really interesting and there is a lot to say about it but the petrol stations are just like generic ones on the outskirts of leeds but in nowhere Arizona and the mexicans forced to staff it don't speak any english.

I flicked through the sandwiches on the rack as if they were LPs at my local independent record store. A casual air about me.

I was disappointed in myself for being so, i dunno, culturally poo poo, so upon seeing the mediterranean sandwich I thought yeah, maybe when I pay for my petrol this teenager will respect me for my locally sourced sandwich (spain is next to the mediterranean). I also had images of like I dunno vinyards and oranges, dancing horses and spicy sausages.

Turns out though the mediterranean is primarily understood as being a sea so it was a bunch of seafood in a diagonal brown bread sandwich, bought hundreds of miles from the sea in a desert petrol station. One bite and chucked it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fridge corn posted:

i didn't read any of this poo poo

What were you doing?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

goddamn it now my high quality post lies at the end of the last page, unquoted, unloved, ignored

A new page is a fresh start. An opportunity.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Did bugger all today but managed to remove my car's unreliable handbrake. Parking on the flat only for now.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fridge corn posted:

what was wrong with it

The computer said it didn't work and right enough the car rolled away with it on which seemed wrong.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

They were probably just stringing you along.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Why is there a but?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

yanks tell me that only yanks from new york are yanks apparently.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Is that wetherspoons? Since I found out about the wetherspoons app I've wanted to order a drink for someone else in a different wetherspoons. I love the future

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'll apparently be visiting glasgow again for another funeral soon, what is there to do that isn't loving depressing as gently caress. If you say the transport museum because its free you're me da and thats actually the next funeral.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Swam there for a while. Best time ever was watching kids on some school thing sneak up to the high up diving boards, crawl to the edge, poo poo themselves,fight each other, get screamed at and crawl back down the ladders. I wouldn't even go up the ladders.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jose posted:

heroin feels loving amazing

You are loving asking for it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sonderval posted:

Visit the Butchers Shop, one of the best steak houses in Glasgow. Unless your vege or vegan, then your truly hosed.

https://www.butchershopglasgow.com

This looks nice.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

Glasgow has a ridiculously good vegan scene but yeah if you don't want to do standard tourist poo poo (kelvingrove/goma/cathedral/necropolis/transport museum/tall ship) just go do what us locals do and get drunk. Loads of good bars, if it's a nice day the inn deep next to kelvinbridge subway is lovely and you can sit by the river, otherwise take your pick. The city centre/west end is way less scary than the reputation suggests, just stay out of the schemes.

Funeral is likely to be in the next two months, so not exactly a nice time of year up there. Also its actually erskine these days, and no doubt the erskine bridge hotel like the last 10 funerals/weddings. Mainly funerals. I have a perversely positive glimpse into my fathers mindset whenever we cross the erskine bridge in the funeral cortege and we always name at least one extra car on the crossing so they don't have to pay either as a final family gently caress you to who the gently caress ever.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Sonderval posted:

Erskine Bridge Hotel isn't too bad, stayed there a few times with work. It was a bit 80's till the refit.

Yeah its totally fine.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

Mario kart is good
Zelda seems good but the graphics are terrible

That is my Nintendo switch report so far

Why don't you just play proper old PC games like doom, or civilization, or geoff crammond's formula one grand prix or lemmings or something?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

Because I intend to continue having sex with women

each to their own

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

use grindr man

to overcome the lack of a coal industry?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

Lol I'm English and have lived in Glasgow for loving ages and have not once had my head kicked in for being English. Oddly enough feel weird and tense in a lot of English cities in a way I never do here.

How do you know what the reasons are you've had your head kicked in?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Is sandra bullock in this?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I don't drink tea. Its just plant flavour hot water.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Firos posted:

this is all (cold) drinks except actual water lol

They might all be plant based and plant flavoured but they're not actually plant flavour.

Also milk? That's mammal flavour.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Its such a shame about the cranberries lady. I will always, i still do, maybe its just my imagination but pretty hollywood to go your own way and so young. Just dreams now, she'll never grow old, still everything i said, all the promises you and me might remember, when youre gone... well twenty one.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

bbc news posted:

Charles Mamboleo, who runs a farm in south-western Nakuru County, discovered the cow feeding on a sheep one morning, having apparently gored it to death, the Daily Nation website reports. Fresh food and water couldn't tempt the cow, and another sheep met its end the following day, the report says. "After the first incident, we thought the cow was starving, so we increased the supply of fodder and water, but it still continued chasing after sheep," says Mr Mamboleo.

Your move big tea.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

To be honest I had my doubts about this thread, but seeing the recent volley of accurately pitched respect posts for dogs... yeah seems ok here.

Although still, grown men using the word 'cute'? I guess you're more comfortable in yourselves than I am.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I wrote an addendum initially to apologise to non male posters for the non-inclusive language and that it was merely for effect and brevity but it somewhat undermined those exact two points.

It also wasn't very cute.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I am pleased to hear it, I suppose apart from the fact that such a place is unusual. I remain sceptical regards the word cute.

edit. I guess if it turns out to only be ladies using the word cute then I am in fact validated in my weird and outdated views. Validation in the face of progress is one of my favourite things to experience.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 16, 2018

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah youre probably right.

Heres xmas with old dog thinking god get rid of young dog whilst young dog thinks why won't you play with me?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Wish i'd just said that rather than gone on a voyage of self discovery.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Get some sticks and roll around on them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

and poo poo I've run out of wine. We all suffer in our own ways.