Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

Jose posted:

should i get star wars battlefront for the pc or ps4

PC will probably, eventually, run the game much better... but EA is the publisher, so expect server issues for the first year, shortly followed by a season pass, and a ton of DLC that has been made already, but is locked on the disc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Vitamins posted:

don't forget the poundland, the knock off poundland, the 99p store, and the 98p store interspersed with charity shops for oddly specific causes

how long until there is a 97p store?

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Fluo posted:

*takes three 1p sweets out the £1 pick a mix*

I think we can do this Manic X!!

Yes we can. Don't stop at sweet packs. Take 3 squares off of the toilet paper, and three sips out of the milkshake cartons. Also sell Fredos for 19p instead of the now standard 20p.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

youtube commenter posted:

Anyone ever claimed a refund from the Student Loan Company and if so do you know how far back you are allowed to claim?

I've been overpaying my student loan contributions since 2008.

The Student Loan company decided as of a few weeks ago that they feel like they have overpaid me my student grant for all of my final year (they think I'm not entitled to any of the grant money of that year) and they want the money back in full (we're talking 3K here). They then proceed to offer my sister the exact same amount that they are asking for me to pay back. Their logic makes no sense.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

crispix posted:

i've a mate who had a very similar thing happen to him. afaik the worst they can do is withhold funding if you return to study again. they seem to gently caress up a lot :/

They've sent me a few letters since I've finished studying demanding the money back or they'll contact a debt collection agency. That's the thing, I don't know how far they'll go to get it back. I've not contacted them at all about the matter, I've been burying my head in the sand pretending it's not there. So here's to hoping they don't some how screw me.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

crispix posted:

when did you start/finish studying?

just be careful because apparently for the new loans they can hike the interest on your debt if they're not able to get in touch with you http://www.slc.co.uk/services/interest-rates.aspx :/

I finished studying May 2015. The problem is I have the money to pay them back the 3K right now if I wanted. But what really pisses me off is that I saved hard through University so that I could have some money left over coming out of it. Meanwhile everyone else in my class pissed away all of their money and even went into overdraft, and they're not in this situation. I'm very bitter about the whole thing. Thanks for your advice though!

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

youtube commenter posted:

this is all well and good but if you get a xmas bonus then the month that it goes through the SLC think you're earning a lot more than you are and they charge you accordingly. this is the reason I've been paying too much.

SLC; what a bunch of fuckers

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

<<< I begged some random American members to buy me a new avatar so I could stop being a British Garbage Dick. This is what they gave me :)

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

There's a few threads of members asking for an excuse to give Lowtax their money. I just gave them one lol

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

corn in the fridge posted:

i ha add a really bad caffeine headache on Saturday

Wow same. I have too much. When I go to work, if I haven't had three cups of coffee by 1pm, the world starts to just zone out.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

goatface posted:

Has the fog cleared?

I've been away for a week; what have I mist?

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

What goons did this weekend?

i got to be a dragon for my works Dragon's Den. This meant investing £80 of other peoples money into a social campaign that will most likely fade quickly into obscurity.

But there was unlimited free Latte. Win.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

i haven't seen any Christmas adverts

I wish I could say the same...

After being voted the most miserable city,

It's about all Wolverhampton has to look forwards to.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Whose going to be bankrupt by saturday morning?

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Neurophonic posted:

Morally or financially?

Yes.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Anyone here play rocket league? I'm in need of some UK teamates, since my US friends are always asleep when I play.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

I only got the game yesterday, and I'm not particularly good at the game, but I do find it fun... well when you're playing in a team. When you're with randoms who drop out as soon as you go 0-1 down, the game becomes less fun.

If anyone wants to join me in rocket league at some point, add me on skype @ Manicx97 or on steam @ Manic X (picture of green hedgehog).

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

I wouldn't really say that we're really at war.

We're dropping bombs in Syria (some may even hit their intended targets).

But we are not being invaded. ISIS has an army that is estimated to number around 40 000. And there's a lot of countries between here and there.

The extremists that commit terror attrocities in western countries have nearly all been born in the western countries, or have lived in them for some time and have been indoctrinated.

When the British population start to rebel against the government, there will be another conveniently timed terror attack to make the masses beg for their protection again. It's the easiest trick in the book.

I think Yoda puts it best: "Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering," = the Sheeple.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Vitamins posted:

just drank some Bailey's that apparently expired in October, wish me and my gastrointestinal system luck goons

Did it at least still have the decency to taste creamy?

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Good morning

11 days until Christmas

Who had not finished their shopping

Well Star Wars is out in a couple of days and my Opticians still have called to tell me my glasses have arrived. I may have to watch the film using my iPad to zoom-in at the Cinema.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

88h88 posted:

Most of the kids in the family are getting into their teens so cash becomes an acceptable gift for when they want to buy £30 of penny sweets or drugs or whatever.

Penny sweets haven't existed where I live for some time.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Can someone with a huge bank account and an actual payment method upgrade me to a premium account for christmas (blinks very fast like the ladies in old cartoons)

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

That Spoons is always rammed when I am there

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

I can safetly say I never experienced this as a child. I didn't often ask for money because I had principles, but when I did I was always given it.

That said, now I am 21 and I told my Dad the last time I saw him that I spent the eqivalent of £7 on an internet forum account, and then another £7 just so I could see what my friends posted on the internet forum, he did just say:

"Sounds like you got screwed out of money, you can see your friends posting crappy stuff on Facebook,"

I didn't then tell him the part where you're all internet strangers and that I actually prefer this to Facebook.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Looke posted:

most of my good friends started out as internet friends, and then we started going to gaming conventions together and drinking whilst touching wieners and poo poo... good times

Well I've only been a registered Goon for 8 months or so (I was a closet Goon-lurker before hand). I'm guessing touching wieners at gaming conventions is part of the UK Goonmeet innitiation. Not my kind of thing, but I like beer so I have that going for me.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

lenoon posted:

U.K. Goons only meet in places we can rent by the hour, we are all about the cottaging

Are the goon meets a yearly thing? I know there was one last year, but the forums decided that thread was too cool at the time (before I registered an account) so I couldn't view it.

imagine paying to post on this dying website in th year 2015

I actually didn't pay using money. For my registration, I traded a US Goon Quiplash, and then a month ago, I traded the same US Goon Undertale for the Premium Upgrade.

The sad part is Undertale went 20% off an hour after I bought it him.

Pedricko posted:

I'm going to go sit in the Birmingham wetherspoons alone

There are Brummy-based Goons! That's where I'm at... sort of.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

The country voted Brummie as the most unintelligent sounding accent, and the second least attractive behind Scouse. I have more of a Black Country accent, but I can pronounce my 'r's so no once can tell.

Edit: Also count me in the next Goonmeet.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Jose posted:

I spent 4 years at uni with people thinking I was Welsh for some reason. Turns out most people down south have never met someone from up north

I know the feeling. The Welsh word for Microwave is Poppityping... Down South this gave everyone the impression Wales has just entered the Industrial Era.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

I said I'd come to a goon meet, not that i would suck your dick. Calm down...

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Fraction posted:

I met a handful of PI goons at crufts last year and occasionally hang out with one of them, plus another from PI who lives reasonably close

PI doesnt exclude me!!!!! but our subforum is dead because we are all on facebook now, so,

Conformist! May Goon have mercy on your soul!

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

This poor excuse for comedy begs to differ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsOjMdbsGik

I should be more specific; it is Welsh Slang.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

what concert is it?

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

The Big Taff Man posted:

So basically what you said was wrong. Thanks

erm no... I first heard the word used by a Welsh friend who said it was the Welsh word used for microwave since hardly anyone there actually speaks Welsh anymore.

freelop posted:

Sabaton and Alestorm

I am unfamiliar, i'll be open minded and take a look.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

I like Keelhauled already, can't believe I haven't heard of this band before.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

...didn't realise some people in this thread were cantankerous dicks about absolutely nothing.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Bozza posted:

You are British right?

Well I was brought this nice shirt avatar by an American Goon who knew immediately I was British. The shirt speaks truth.

quote:

Yeah I know what you mean, why cant you just admit you were wrong.

Because I'm not wrong. I think I'll take the word of a Welsh person who I'd say is somewhat qualified on the terminology they use for microwave.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

you know you've got some nerve coming in here thinking you can just assume to be this threads over-eager mentalist just because the position was recently vacated

Haha, I prefer the title of Rare Black Country Optimist.

And who held that position before?

Phoon posted:

if you put popty ping into google translate it will auto detect welsh and translate to microwave

IKR. I know the real welsh word for Microwave is different; but what I was saying was that the Welsh people at my University when I was there said they all call it popty ping in Wales; so I just gathered that was the "new word" for it if you will. I'm sorry if I hurt your Welsh Herritage Taff Man, I have learnt my lesson.

Now moving onto the Scottish term for Microwave...

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

we'd like to thank you for your interest in us at this time however we regret to inform you that the position of Rare Black Country Optimist has already been filled

What! I am the most qualified here for that post. Who could possibly be an optimistic member of the Black Country on SA - fess-up!

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

me. im the threads Rare Black Country Optimist

You're from the Black Country? In which case: Please t' meet yah.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

if you arent looking up microwave in quenya right now then i honestly dont know what to tell you

What have I started!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Last time I smoked was in Greece. Nothing but Paper, the corner shop guy duped me... but at the same time he sold me a crate of 30 water bottles for 2 Euros. Some of them even had water in.